• Go to page :
  • 123 4 5
  • Text Only
Hey, I purchased the 32-bit version 2-weeks ago and today, Apr 16, the 64-bit version. The purchase went smoothly.

I might wait till they come out Windows 8 version in January

Link to news

That's January 2013. Kind of a long time to wait, just to save $30 on an excellent operating system now. I've been using Windows 7 since shortly after its release, and I don't miss Windows XP for a moment.

Folks, I see lots of folks saying the deal is dead and no longer available. I just purchased 5 minutes ago with no issue and received the confirmation email within a few minutes of placing my order.

Great deal OP, in 4 2 thanks.

A smack in the face to this idiot by posting misinformation. Thanks op, awesome deal!

yesidonoitall said:   shinyballs said:   I wonder if this works with High School student's email address, has anyone tried so far?

A student is a student.
Does the high schooler have a .edu eMail addys.

But it was said, offer has ended.

I'm in for one 64 bit. Deal is still going.

I agree, awesome timing. I'm ditching media portal for media center.

shinyballs said:   A smack in the face to this idiot by posting misinformation. Thanks op, awesome deal!

yesidonoitall said:   shinyballs said:   I wonder if this works with High School student's email address, has anyone tried so far?

A student is a student.
Does the high schooler have a .edu eMail addys.

But it was said, offer has ended.

Huh?

Nice. Thanks, OP.

I tried buying the 64 bit version but it gives me the following error:

The purchase limit for this product has been exceeded, no more purchases are allowed.

However, when I choose the 32 bit version, it allows me to order it.
Would I be able to use the 32bit key interchangeably in a 64bit install?

still works. Anyone has the md5 hash for the 64bit?

Thank you for contributing this info!

Cheers.

4 cards and auth failed on all. =(

64 bit purchased just fine for me. As to whether the 32 bit activation will work for 64 bit, a simple trip to the first page ought to be able to answer that for you.

Thanks OP.

I had windows #7 on my new laptop, I hated it, and sold the lappy. Im happy with xp pro, but this is a great deal if you want #7.

We passed.

Thanks OP.....and helpful posts here. Was able to order on phone today.....they were very nice, once a legit .edu was given to them. Didn't try any price switching, etc. Got hard copies 32 and 64 coming in the mail and a link for the download if wanted. Total was around $48 w/tax.....they did check the .edu address before activating the link......

worked for me today, awesome thanks

For anyone who'se scared of the "upgrade" I purchased this and it's a little bit of a pain to install but not too bad. you have to install it at first using the customize option, then reinstall over itself using the upgrade option. Then all is well.

when you get the error for limit exceeded
you are allowed
1 32 bit and
1 64 bit version per school year with an EDU address
so in September, you will be able to download 2 more copies

as for the upgrade bit
an upgrade can be used as a standalone install just fine
you may have to put a cd in from you xp copy to prove you have
the rite to upgrade to this version, but you don't have to
install and then re-install over it. That's bunk advice.
and for the record, I have an edu address, I have downloaded my 2 copies for this year
and I did install both as standalone on new hard drives with no previous copies on them
I didn't have to re-install ANYTHING over ANYTHING(oh yeah, and I have a degree in computer science, that's where the edu came from)

IIVisionII said:   For anyone who'se scared of the "upgrade" I purchased this and it's a little bit of a pain to install but not too bad. you have to install it at first using the customize option, then reinstall over itself using the upgrade option. Then all is well.

When doing a clean install Win7 using the upgrade disc, the installer didn't ask me for a disc check verification for a previous version of Windows. Failed activation after. :/

Fast way of bypassing the double install is just modifying a line in the registry which flags the install as an upgrade. Can find various guides on how to do this via your favorite search engine.

thanks op

I am a XP fan, but now that I have been using Win7, I love it. There are some features in Win7 that is not as apparent as XP is. I watched some video tutorials to learn those tricks, now I love it

you can really have 1 copy 32bit and 1 copy 64bit using the same key? really?

mikelou26therock said:   you can really have 1 copy 32bit and 1 copy 64bit using the same key? really?

Yes, you are only buying 1

yesidonoitall said:   mikelou26therock said:   you can really have 1 copy 32bit and 1 copy 64bit using the same key? really?

Yes, you are only buying 1

can you have both running on two different computers?

why does it matter which variant as long as it installs. There are alot of guides online on how to make a normal ISO to burn a normal install disk. I bought this the first round and made my own install disk. bought a 2nd copy the 2nd time, tempted to buy another. (used same email both times).

only 32bit is available now

got one 32bit, i didn't modify and it didn't ask me anything, installed just like a full version, does anyone know how long this key will last if i order another one for spare? thanks

I believe that if you don't provide a key or activation on install, then you have 3 days to do this. Is that what you're asking?

PharmerNate said:   I believe that if you don't provide a key or activation on install, then you have 3 days to do this. Is that what you're asking?
i already activated this key, i am asking for another spare key that i am buying for

I've gotten the authorization failed on every freaking CC I have!

Price is okay.. My school (Drexel) has W7 for $11 each (ultimate, home, pro) the catch is you can only buy one of each. Check your schools directly and see what they offer.

Two my upgrades activated fine using clean install, the third one wouldn't activate it said it was upgrade only. Than you reinstall W7 over unactivated W7 and than you can activate. Theres other methods too but that one is pretty simple.

don't they have the Ultimate version for student price ?

Anyone know if the 64bit version of this upgrade can be used to upgrade from 64bit Windows7 Home Premium? Or is this only for upgrading from Vista and XP? Can't tell from the Microsoft page that is linked...

It worked for me (64 bit home premium to 64 bit professional), just did the upgrade last night.

Thank you. When I originally got this, it was the 32-bit version back in 2009.

timriley12 said:   Anyone know if the 64bit version of this upgrade can be used to upgrade from 64bit Windows7 Home Premium? Or is this only for upgrading from Vista and XP? Can't tell from the Microsoft page that is linked...If you have W7 Home Premium, you do not need to bother installing. Just do the Anytime Upgrade and use the key, It takes like 10 minutes.

Thanks billrubin and bufflver for the confirmation!

billrubin said:   timriley12 said:   Anyone know if the 64bit version of this upgrade can be used to upgrade from 64bit Windows7 Home Premium? Or is this only for upgrading from Vista and XP? Can't tell from the Microsoft page that is linked...If you have W7 Home Premium, you do not need to bother installing. Just do the Anytime Upgrade and use the key, It takes like 10 minutes.

found these instructions, my friend had bought it and didn't do the iso download, there were three files and this is what I had to do to make it work:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/30470-make-bootable-iso-stu...

Wish I had known of this deal when I purchased a laptop with Windows 7 Pro a month ago. Could've saved 20 dollars by opting for Home Premium and upgrading to Pro with this offer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014