• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FREE 1 year membership to Weather Underground:

New Account Instructions:
1. At the site www.wunderground.com, enter your email address, password, and handle, then click "complete registration"
2. you'll receive a confirmation email at the account provided
3. in that email, click the link to verify your account (you can skip the optional info.)
4. at the payment screen, use coupon code "FMUYZ" to get the membership for free.

Existing Account Instructions:
1. Log into your account.
2. Go to settings and under "Your membership" select to pay for a renewal membership.
3. On the next screen, below the PayPal option, enter the "FMUYZ" code and click Redeem.
4. Your done, your membership should be renewed for another year.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Thank you! Worked flawlessly!

savvymummy (Sep. 05, 2011 @ 7:21p) |

Done. Thanks!!

JaggedEdg (Sep. 05, 2011 @ 9:22p) |

The cool stuff was always hidden, tons of sat/radar data. Thanks OP !

TheChosenOne (Sep. 05, 2011 @ 9:35p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Hmmmm.

Under <<Go to settings and under "Your membership" select to pay for a renewal membership>> I do not have the option 'to pay for a renewal membership...'

All that is there is:
Handle: xx
Status: No-Ads Paid Membership
Expiration: xx
Signed Up: xx

and a provision to give someone a gift membership.

(my own info is entered in lieu of the xx's)

My membership expires in July this year so could use the free renewal...

For those of you like me asking, "What good is a Wunderground membership?"

(1) Membership regularly costs $10 per year.

(2) Paid Member Benefits:
- Longer Radar Animations - Radar animations up to 40 frames in length (that's a 4 hour animation)!
- Ad-Free Weather - We will remove all the ads from our site offering you cleaner, faster site access. No banners, no sponsor links, and this works for all pages including Favorites, Radar, and Severe Weather. You can then use your wunderground.com account from any location, disabling ads from your home, workplace, or other computers you use.
- Ad-Free U.S. Forecasts & Alerts Through E-Mail - Our new email forecast and alert service is included with every membership. As a member, you select cities where you want weather updates, and we'll send you alerts immediately after they are issued by the National Weather Service. Forecasts are reformatted for text, or html devices, and can be sent whenever you choose as a paid member.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Thank you for Joining!
You have successfully activated your free 1 year No-Ads wunderground.com trial.
Enjoy!

If you find the service useful, please consider renewing next year!

hamspamwich said:   For those of you like me asking, "What good is a Wunderground membership?"

(1) Membership regularly costs $10 per year.

(2) Paid Member Benefits:
- Longer Radar Animations - Radar animations up to 40 frames in length (that's a 4 hour animation)!
- Ad-Free Weather - We will remove all the ads from our site offering you cleaner, faster site access. No banners, no sponsor links, and this works for all pages including Favorites, Radar, and Severe Weather. You can then use your wunderground.com account from any location, disabling ads from your home, workplace, or other computers you use.
- Ad-Free U.S. Forecasts & Alerts Through E-Mail - Our new email forecast and alert service is included with every membership. As a member, you select cities where you want weather updates, and we'll send you alerts immediately after they are issued by the National Weather Service. Forecasts are reformatted for text, or html devices, and can be sent whenever you choose as a paid member.

Hope this helps!


The only really benefit i see is the email alert. Coz, ad-free weather page can be achieved by ADBlock.

Just renewed, it was so easy. Thanks!

Sign up for free account, then in settings go to -upgrade membership- at the very bottom - it ha -"redeem gift code" enter the code from OP.

Renewed for another free year.

Worked for my renewal - thanks!

For some gooby reason, you can have a blog on Weather Underground, if you're into that.

I've had a membership for years and love it. Beyond email forecasts, it will also send text forecasts. The longer radar loop is really helpful in trying to figure out if a storm is headed your way. I also don't use Adblock so getting rid of the ads is pretty nice. They've also continued to improve their weather product. Check out one of their features at http://www.fullscreenweather.com.

Thanks just what I needed

javaman2003 said:   The only really benefit i see is the email alert. Coz, ad-free weather page can be achieved by ADBlock. Longer animations for radar

hamspamwich said:   For some gooby reason, you can have a blog on Weather Underground, if you're into that.

I awoke today, and there was again weather. I am relieved.

Thanks op!

Sanjoelo said:   hamspamwich said:   For some gooby reason, you can have a blog on Weather Underground, if you're into that.

I awoke today, and there was again weather. I am relieved.
i shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather

My blog is so on.

I will organize and bring down the weather, one cloud at a time.

Green! Thanks OP, two clicks and I'm renewed.

Thank you!

Bill00 said:   Hmmmm.

Under <<Go to settings and under "Your membership" select to pay for a renewal membership>> I do not have the option 'to pay for a renewal membership...'

All that is there is:
Handle: xx
Status: No-Ads Paid Membership
Expiration: xx
Signed Up: xx

and a provision to give someone a gift membership.

(my own info is entered in lieu of the xx's)
yes thats the same for me too can,t get into renewal. anyone
My membership expires in July this year so could use the free renewal...

Thank you very much

Sorry wunderground, you have been an old addiction of mine, but it is time to part ways.

Because I've found weatherspark.com

nice, thanks OP. i was just wondering the other day when my last free subscription was going to run out.

they are highly inaccurate compared to weather.com
I will have to PASS on this deal.

Done, thanks op!

Classic Wunderground is my favorite.

Thanks OP...green for you...great reminder for me to update my account for free...

I don't think this is going to work for existing members who took advantage of a free year of WU a couple years ago. In Settings, you see "Renew My Membership for $10.00 per YEAR!," but it brings you straight over to PP with no opportunity to enter a code. I didn't take it all the way to the end since otherwise it might go through, but unless they put the place for the code very late in the process, it's not there.

Update: The code field appeared with a different browser, not my regular one. Whether this was because of cookies or what, I don't know.

got it. thx OP.

Can they send SMS alerts ? If so where ?

iamhere9 said:   Can they send SMS alerts ? If so where ?

Sure. Once you log in, under the drop down menu under your username, you'll find email and text message weather alerts. Up to 10 different locations.

Bill00 said:   Hmmmm.

Under <<Go to settings and under "Your membership" select to pay for a renewal membership>> I do not have the option 'to pay for a renewal membership...'

All that is there is:
Handle: xx
Status: No-Ads Paid Membership
Expiration: xx
Signed Up: xx

and a provision to give someone a gift membership.

(my own info is entered in lieu of the xx's)

My membership expires in July this year so could use the free renewal...


Log into your account then go here: https://payment.wunderground.com/NoAdsPayment.php

FYI: It only will extend it one year from renewal date (mine was set to expire in Dec 2011).

javaman2003 said:   
The only really benefit i see is the email alert. Coz, ad-free weather page can be achieved by ADBlock.


Theres no benefit to any software deals on here either, cause free software can be achieved by the pirate bay.

/just sayin, support what you like

thanks soxfan2004 mind only went from dec2011 to april2012 like yours but thats ok 4 more months.soxfan2004 said:   Bill00 said:   Hmmmm.

Under <<Go to settings and under "Your membership" select to pay for a renewal membership>> I do not have the option 'to pay for a renewal membership...'

All that is there is:
Handle: xx
Status: No-Ads Paid Membership
Expiration: xx
Signed Up: xx

and a provision to give someone a gift membership.

(my own info is entered in lieu of the xx's)

My membership expires in July this year so could use the free renewal...


Log into your account then go here: https://payment.wunderground.com/NoAdsPayment.php

FYI: It only will extend it one year from renewal date (mine was set to expire in Dec 2011).

whoah, I thought the 70's revolution had been revived there for a second (;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

simple

Worked!!!

Thanks OP!!!

Not working anymore

Skipping 51 Messages...
The cool stuff was always hidden, tons of sat/radar data. Thanks OP !



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014