• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Introducing one of the most highly demanded firearms in recent years! The New S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol is for sale and is truly one of a kind. With the S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol you get an amazing deal. Not only will you get a pistol, but a Insight laser as well, all from the factory. There is no need to buy aftermarket parts when you purchase the S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol because its already there. We have the S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol priced under $400.00. This the lowest you will ever find on a high quality laser included pistol such as the S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol. Reserve your S&W Bodyguard 380 (109380) Pistol today before they are all spoken for!

SKU: 109380

Model: BODYGUARDŽ 380
Caliber: .380 Auto
Capacity: 6+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 2.75" / 7.0 cm
Frame Size: Compact
Action: Double Action Only (Hammer Fired)
Front Sight: Stainless Steel
Rear Sight: Drift Adjustable
Grip: Polymer
Overall Length: 5.25" / 13.3 cm
Weight: 11.85 oz / 335.9 g
Frame Material: Polymer
Material: Stainless Steel w/MeloniteŽ Finish
Finish: Matte Black
Purpose: Personal Protection, Law Enforcement

As a Law Enforcement Distributor for Smith & Wesson MFG, Walther, and Sig Sauer Inc, the sale of this firearm is restricted to the following personnel:

Current / Former Law Enforcement
Current / Former Corrections Officers
Current / Former Military
Current / Former Firefighters (including volunteer)
Current / Former EMS or EMT
Current Security Guards
Current Commercial Airline Pilots & Flight Deck Officers

Other Public Safety personnel may qualify, though individual circumstances will determine if this is the case.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_SW233.aspx

Member Summary

Bodyguard 380 Pistol (40.63kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

ms123 (Apr. 16, 2011 @ 8:42a) |

You order online or get in a local shop? I have a feeling the online shops have newer stock and are more likely to have... (more)

scrouds (Apr. 16, 2011 @ 1:30p) |

Local shop. Probably old stock, as I had to prod the guy to go behind the counter and check the "good stuff" section...... (more)

ms123 (Apr. 17, 2011 @ 10:45a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

hard to qualify to order

Ordered one! Thanks!!!

I thought "first responders only" meant the first ones to place an order!

And sadly, not approved for sale in CA.

They sell to anyone with an FFL license

I highly doubt they have anyway to check whether you do not meet their criteria, simply have it sent too your FFL broker or dealer and pay for it silly

Approx 90 day back order! Doh!

This is a great price if you qualify, and beats the pants off any of the other pocket pistol deals we've seen if you're intending to put a laser on anyways.

It's longer than that, I have been waiting forever, and the last time I called, the guy said they hadn't gotten any in lately. I think there about 500 + people on the list to get one. It might take a year for someone to get one!

Why is this particular handgun restricted to public safety personnel?

lance said:   Why is this particular handgun restricted to public safety personnel?
It's not the gun, it's the price that's restricted to public safety.

I placed my order on 2/21 and I'm still waiting. They did verify my first responder status - I had to send in a copy of my EMT ID.

richb said:   I placed my order on 2/21 and I'm still waiting. They did verify my first responder status - I had to send in a copy of my EMT ID.
I ordered on 2/22/2011 and sent in my verification. When I called up a few weeks ago, the guy said they hadn't gotten any in since before I ordered. Its going to be longer than 90 days for anyone that orders this today!

Is a deposit required?

Read the review and following comments here: WWW.concealthis.com/?p=1130

I paid $429 for mine about 6 months ago - great price! Perfect for what I wanted it for. I'm a Firefighter/EMT - I wonder if they will give me a price adjustment?

ncstateboogie said:   Read the review and following comments here: WWW.concealthis.com/?p=1130
The review only mentions the laser problem, but reading the comments on that page, there are a lot of complaints about the trigger.

with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.

I purchased one from OMB Express when these first came out. I placed my order in April, recived it in December. For the discounted price they require you fax a copy of your department ID to verify your a first responder.

ordered one

want to order one for my protection as self defense.

i want to order one for my protection as self defense. great deal.

DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.
That's a good point. One other reason I'm hesitant to order is I'd rather have a 9mm. I think the 9mm ammo is still a lot cheaper than .380, and has more power. http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aast9mmv380a.htm
Any chance they'll make this model in a 9mm? Would the barrel be longer?

Slickone said:   DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.
That's a good point. One other reason I'm hesitant to order is I'd rather have a 9mm. I think the 9mm ammo is still a lot cheaper than .380, and has more power. http://hunting.about.com/od/guns/l/aast9mmv380a.htm
look at the Ruger LC9, no laser but looks promising

I purchased this gun from a local gun shop a few months ago. MSRP is $399, not the $575.00 this site indicates. I paid $329.00.

It is a great weapon. Highly concealable and lightweight. I also purchased a neat little holster for it that has a leather flap w/ faux zipper along the top, so you can carry in a back pocket, and it looks like a wallet. The thin profile of this gun makes it particularly good for concealed carry. I have other compact semi's, but this is my choice for daily carry.

Nothing wrong with .380, for carry purposes. Living in a warm climate, I can not normally carry even a compact 9mm when wearing shorts or dress slacks w/o a jacket. A .380 in your pocket is much better than a 9mm in your glove box, if the need to have it arises! If you shop carefully for .380 ammo, you can find some very effective self-defense rounds. I carry with CORBON DPX. Expensive, but worth every penny. A box will (hopefully) last a lifetime. A clip full at the range to make sure it feeds properly, then two clips full which I will hopefully never fire. I use less expensive ammo at the range, but keep it loaded with the good stuff otherwise.

The first-responders price is excellent. I have told several associates who qualify to order one ASAP!

A .380 in your pocket is much more effective than a 9mm in the glove compartment!!!

I own this gun. It is awesome for concealed carry. It is very slim and light. I can carry it in the back pocket of my jeans or the front pocket of dress slacks or shorts! It is light enough to carry in the pocket of a bathing suit... just don't jump in the water without securing it elsewhere.

Invest in a box of the best, most expensive, self-defense ammo you can find (I use CORBON DXP), and hopefully the box will last a lifetime. Use inexpensive stuff at the range, then load with the quality ammo for carry. I do run a clip of the good stuff through it once just to make sure that it feeds properly.

clos1084 said:   Slickone said:   DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.
look at the Ruger LC9, no laser but looks promising

As much as I've always wanted a .380, for self-defence bullet weight always stops me. These 90-95g slugs are just tiny. Take a good hard look at a ballistics chart and see how much energy they deliver (or don't deliver). There are lots of examples of people being shot with a 9mm and having little effect. I wouldn't want to be shot with one, but their knockdown power is marginal and the purpose of a self defense round is to stop someone instantly, not send them into shock five minutes later.

Still, I rather have one in my pocket..., as other have mentioned. I may get one as a backup-backup gun.

Slickone said:   DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.

You "I gotta have 9mm" people are missing the point. Yep - 9mm is cheaper and more powerful, duh!
The .380 is easier "to conceal" - PERIOD! If I wanted cheaper ammo, I would carry around a hammer. If I wanted more power, I would use a 44 Mag. Both are difficult to conceal. The button is hard to push to activate - well yes. If it was'nt, people would be complaining that it came on all the time and ran the battery down. And now the trigger. Do you actually want people try to get to a concealed gun and accidently pull a soft trigger? NO!
All guns are difficult to use (per sey) until you get used to them. Contsant training is REQUIRED - just because you know how to fire a gun does'nt make you safe with it. Train-train-train!

Jeeeez - I gotta repeat this for every .380 post?

DamnoIT said:   hard to qualify to order

That just means you are not active enough in your community.

smokediverxxx said:   Slickone said:   DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.

You "I gotta have 9mm" people are missing the point. Yep - 9mm is cheaper and more powerful, duh!
The .380 is easier "to conceal" - PERIOD! If I wanted cheaper ammo, I would carry around a hammer. If I wanted more power, I would use a 44 Mag. Both are difficult to conceal. The button is hard to push to activate - well yes. If it was'nt, people would be complaining that it came on all the time and ran the battery down. And now the trigger. Do you actually want people try to get to a concealed gun and accidently pull a soft trigger? NO!
All guns are difficult to use (per sey) until you get used to them. Contsant training is REQUIRED - just because you know how to fire a gun does'nt make you safe with it. Train-train-train!

BRAVO!!!

smokediverxxx said:   Slickone said:   DocEvil said:   with the savings, you can go and have a trigger job done for about $50.

Thanks for your input but I'm not a "I gotta have 9mm" person, not a "gun person" and don't normally post in gun threads. I was just having a discussion and asking questions. Don't get offended. I like this gun but had a few concerns. Your point about the .380 being easier to conceal makes sense, but the one about the hammer doesn't at all, nor does the one about the 44 Mag, since a 9mm gives a nice compromise and is certainly easier to carry than a 44 Mag. As far as the trigger, did you read the comments here? WWW.concealthis.com/?p=1130

ms123 said:   I purchased this gun from a local gun shop a few months ago. MSRP is $399, not the $575.00 this site indicates. I paid $329.00.

It is a great weapon. Highly concealable and lightweight. I also purchased a neat little holster for it that has a leather flap w/ faux zipper along the top, so you can carry in a back pocket, and it looks like a wallet. The thin profile of this gun makes it particularly good for concealed carry. I have other compact semi's, but this is my choice for daily carry.

Nothing wrong with .380, for carry purposes. Living in a warm climate, I can not normally carry even a compact 9mm when wearing shorts or dress slacks w/o a jacket. A .380 in your pocket is much better than a 9mm in your glove box, if the need to have it arises! If you shop carefully for .380 ammo, you can find some very effective self-defense rounds. I carry with CORBON DPX. Expensive, but worth every penny. A box will (hopefully) last a lifetime. A clip full at the range to make sure it feeds properly, then two clips full which I will hopefully never fire. I use less expensive ammo at the range, but keep it loaded with the good stuff otherwise.

The first-responders price is excellent. I have told several associates who qualify to order one ASAP!

The corbon dpx is a crapshoot now. New boxes are being loaded with a lesser performing bullet. I just ordered a box of double taps with the 80gr barnes bullet, $60 and change for 50. I'll have to shoot it first before I recommend it though. for reference: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290127974

This is one of the nicest CCW and the price cannot be beat!

HOT!!!!

Any chance for a group buy for us "second responders"?

For anyone that has to have a small gun and wants a 9mm, several local shops in my area have the Glock 26/27 for $400 for Military/Law Enforcement. This is a great deal and I bought one, but for $100 more, you can still find great small guns that are perfect for carrying concealed.

scrouds said:   ms123 said:   I purchased this gun from a local gun shop a few months ago. MSRP is $399, not the $575.00 this site indicates. I paid $329.00.

The corbon dpx is a crapshoot now. New boxes are being loaded with a lesser performing bullet. I just ordered a box of double taps with the 80gr barnes bullet, $60 and change for 50. I'll have to shoot it first before I recommend it though. for reference: http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1290127974

Thanks for the heads up! The box of CORBON I have does appear to have the Barnes bullet, but I will take a look at the DT next purchase. I'm picking up another Bodyguard .380 for my wife next week. She finds my PPKS too bulky to comfortably carry in a purse, but is fine with the S&W. Laser is a big plus for a less experienced shooter. Hitting the target at the range is one thing... but hitting the target when your are scared shiitle$$ and the target happens to be moving toward you with a weapon in hand are two different things. Personally, I like her having the little red dot as a backup reference! Yes, I am an admitted Bodyguard .380 fan. If it were practical, I would carry my Desert Eagle or AR everywhere. They just might print a tad under a Tommy Bahama shirt.

You order online or get in a local shop? I have a feeling the online shops have newer stock and are more likely to have the newer bullet. The gold dot both from speer and doubletap are also supposed to be good out of pocket pistols.

I wish I had a spot I could go jello crazy and test them myself. Living in the city has its downsides.

Local shop. Probably old stock, as I had to prod the guy to go behind the counter and check the "good stuff" section...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014