• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Lowes 10% movers coupon

LINK

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Ask at the counter of the post office for a mover's guide. They don't leave them sitting out, but they still have them. ... (more)

ProfitAfterRebates (May. 05, 2011 @ 10:29a) |

can these be use online

sowhat073 (Jul. 21, 2011 @ 10:33p) |

If you go to the post office and ask for a change of address package (the physical one, not the sheet telling you to use... (more)

GoPSULions (Aug. 26, 2011 @ 12:28p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Once you get the coupon, how long is it good for?

Nothing new. This has been around for ages. I guess if you've never gotten one before through this it is worth a go.

I have seen a similar discount at my nearby Post Office with no expiration on them

your local realtor can always send you one

Wow.. This thing has been around forever along with Home Depot 10% moving coupon.
I guess Butcherboy finally ran out of things to post.

CaptainCondom said:   Once you get the coupon, how long is it good for?

I asked about Lowe's coupons at the store this past week. One of the store managers told me if it's a Lowe's coupon, it will never expire no matter how old it is. This was the Lincolnwood, IL store. YMMV, but you may want to ask your local store to be sure. We used to toss these out, now we're keeping them around.

dimsumkid said:   CaptainCondom said:   Once you get the coupon, how long is it good for?

I asked about Lowe's coupons at the store this past week. One of the store managers told me if it's a Lowe's coupon, it will never expire no matter how old it is. This was the Lincolnwood, IL store. YMMV, but you may want to ask your local store to be sure. We used to toss these out, now we're keeping them around.

That doesn't work at the Chantilly or Sterling (VA) stores. Expired is expired and the store scanners / computers will not process an expired bar code. One employee did confess that 10% off is almost always available just for asking for it -- nicely, of course -- without any coupons.

dimsumkid said:   

Definitely YMMV. I have been denied use in the past. The manager's discretion decides.

ONEWORKINGMOM said:   I have seen a similar discount at my nearby Post Office with no expiration on them

I knew I saw it somewhere.

perpetualapprentice said:   dimsumkid said:   

Definitely YMMV. I have been denied use in the past. The manager's discretion decides.

Not sure how long ago you tried this, but I've noticed a 180 degree turnaround in attitude with Lowe's recently, I think this is due to the disappointing performance of their stock earnings. When I tried in the past, they would deny competitor price matching of Ace and True Value coupons, but have allowed me to use them in the past 2 months as long as they have current expiration dates. I just went this week with an Ace Hardware $10 of any purchase and decided to try it, thinking I'd get turned down. They honored the coupon and was able to get that Utilitech LED bulb and filler for 0.01! I'm definitely feeling better about shopping at Lowe's now that I know my area stores honor competitor coupons.

dimsumkid said:   perpetualapprentice said:   dimsumkid said:   

Not sure how long ago you tried this, but I've noticed a 180 degree turnaround in attitude with Lowe's recently, I think this is due to the disappointing performance of their stock earnings. When I tried in the past, they would deny competitor price matching of Ace and True Value coupons, but have allowed me to use them in the past 2 months as long as they have current expiration dates. I just went this week with an Ace Hardware $10 of any purchase and decided to try it, thinking I'd get turned down. They honored the coupon and was able to get that Utilitech LED bulb and filler for 0.01! I'm definitely feeling better about shopping at Lowe's now that I know my area stores honor competitor coupons.

Isn't it incredible that some companies, just like Lowe's, Macy's Home Depot, and many many more, spend hundreds of millions * yes millions * of dollars on marketing and advertising per year to get you to come to their store and buy their stuff but they will turn you away over a 10 percent coupon on a $100 order on merchandise that's marked up 50 percent (or more) from cost?

And just what is it that the suits think that turned-away customer is going to do?

I guess that the suits are finally getting it at Lowe's HQ!

dimsumkid said:   CaptainCondom said:   Once you get the coupon, how long is it good for?

Good to know...that's my neck of the woods.

ONEWORKINGMOM said:   I have seen a similar discount at my nearby Post Office with no expiration on them

All of the post office locations near me have stopped giving out the Address Change envelopes that used to have coupons in them. In their place now is a single card that tells you to change your address online and get access to the coupons that way.

jcantanixon said:   ONEWORKINGMOM said:   I have seen a similar discount at my nearby Post Office with no expiration on them

All of the post office locations near me have stopped giving out the Address Change envelopes that used to have coupons in them. In their place now is a single card that tells you to change your address online and get access to the coupons that way.

Same here in Northern Virginia.

They must be somewhere because they are still being sold on eBay.

Children.. Children.. Go to http://www.homedepotmoving.com/SignUp/Registration.aspx

Fill it out and in 24 hours get a yummy 10% coupon to use at HD OR go to Lowes and they'll accept it as a Competitor Coupon.

Thanks BAD311 .. did not have to wait very long for that coupon... was perfect..

jcantanixon said:   ONEWORKINGMOM said:   I have seen a similar discount at my nearby Post Office with no expiration on them

same here, so no real reason to RED the OP

Ask at the counter of the post office for a mover's guide. They don't leave them sitting out, but they still have them. Tell them that the online option costs a dollar and you don't want to pay. You can also ask for an extra mover's guide for your "roommate." Especially at this time of year when so many college semesters are finishing up.

can these be use online

If you go to the post office and ask for a change of address package (the physical one, not the sheet telling you to use their web page), it will include a 10% off Lowes coupon, 10% off Sears coupon, and some other misc. The Sears and Lowes can be used online as well. Both are good for your entire purchase. Its worth the drive to the post office any time you need one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014