• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

Make sure you check out this amazing Youtube video.

Amazon also carries many other butterflies like Blue Morpho and Yellow Swallowtail.

Member Summary

Monarch Butterfly in a Glass Jar
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I won't post how here but there are spoiler videos on youtube that show how it works.

Subacca (May. 04, 2011 @ 1:00p) |

I went and read the story after I read your comment and I wish to thank you for leading me to such a beautiful story.
M... (more)

sredni (May. 06, 2011 @ 1:35a) |

Why do you insist on posting, period? Take a look at the green the OP got for presenting this deal. Now take a look at t... (more)

stratfordq5 (May. 10, 2011 @ 2:15p) |

The Monarch "My Butterfly" Jar is a realistic butterfly toy that flutters around in a jar!
The Glass Butterfly Jar measures approx 17 cm x 9.5 cm x 9.5 cm
Takes 3 x AAA batteries (Included)
Simply tap the jar to activate the butterfly's realistic action. Ambient sound may also make it flutter!
Your butterfly will move for around 90 seconds, Batteries have automatic standby so no need for a power button!
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It made me think of Nathaniel Hawthorne's story "The Artist of the Beautiful".

tacky to the max, what is SPCA

mbaha said:   tacky to the max, what is SPCA

Stop Posting Crap Already.

Not you, OP... keep up the fine work.

mbaha said:   what is SPCA

http://tinyurl.com/3eknjud

I called the SPCT. (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Toys)

I dream that one day they can put a stop to the senseless torture of toy butterflies everywhere...

anubis57 said:   mbaha said:   tacky to the max, what is SPCA

Stop Posting Crap Already.

Not you, OP... keep up the fine work.

Thank you for quoting so I did not skip a heat beat.

I'm having trouble deciding if this is a hot deal or not. I don't have much experience in shopping for an immortal butterfly in a jar, so I'm not sure what my bottom line price should be.

Maybe I'll see how much for the butterfly and godmode cheat code separately.

In for one... it'll drive the cat nuts! Thanks OP

satchelsofgold said:   it'll drive the cat nuts!

Why didn't I think of that?! I was debating the long term likability of the novelty, even though it's much more elegant than the dumb drinking bird.

templeboy said:   it's much more elegant than the dumb drinking bird.

Or the peeing pug...

Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals? Everyday I see deals on insects, trees, animals, or worthless thumb drives that are actually thumbs with drives in them. I'd do better posting actual deals that people ACTUALLY buy instead.

I love it! With Mother's Day coming up, it'll be a novel addition to a kitchen table or something cheery just to sit on a desk at work. Thanks!

satchelsofgold said:   templeboy said:   it's much more elegant than the dumb drinking bird.

Or the peeing pug...

Touche.

Necromancer said:   Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals? Everyday I see deals on insects, trees, animals, or worthless thumb drives that are actually thumbs with drives in them. I'd do better posting actual deals that people ACTUALLY buy instead.

I think Mr. Crankypants could use one of these:

Just what Necromancer needs

You could complain about people posting about deals that don't interest you - it's called threadcrapping. Or you could just ignore them and move on to the next deal.

I bought this a few months ago. Really realistic! But after a bit, you start feeling bad for the thing and have the urge to set it free. Fun to freak out the office-mates, though.

Green !

This looks like a real fun toy !

I think I'll wait for Meritline to spit one out for $3.99, though.

Necromancer said:   Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals?

My daughters won't think this is a worthless deal. Thanks OP, In4two.

Necromancer said:   Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals? Everyday I see deals on insects, trees, animals, or worthless thumb drives that are actually thumbs with drives in them. I'd do better posting actual deals that people ACTUALLY buy instead.

I have to agree folks... deals like this...this were such wonderful hot deals.

The system works... post a good deal it works its way up... post a bad one it goes down. Whats good for some may be of no use for you... quite frankly why would you click on a deal for that so clearly in the title says what it is if you lack any interest in it.

In 4 One!

In for one also. My wife's birthday is coming up. Thanks OP.

cheepdate25 said:   Necromancer said:   Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals? Everyday I see deals on insects, trees, animals, or worthless thumb drives that are actually thumbs with drives in them. I'd do better posting actual deals that people ACTUALLY buy instead.
I have to agree folks... deals like this...this were such wonderful hot deals. =snip=

OHhhhhhhh... Nice shot!

Tequila477 said:   In for one also. My wife's birthday is coming up. Thanks OP.I wouldn't mind putting my wife in a jar, and watch her flit around.

hamspamwich said:   I'm having trouble deciding if this is a hot deal or not. I don't have much experience in shopping for an immortal butterfly in a jar, so I'm not sure what my bottom line price should be.The value in the deal is to get it before everyone else does; or before everyone is aware that there's a fake butterfly in the jar. If you can show it to people around you and wow/flinch them, it may be worth the price. For yourself only, the novelty will wear off quickly, and the toy may be far less in real value.

In my view, the bottom line:
If you have "The Office" type people around you, then go for it! Otherwise, wait for Meritline, like someone mentioned...

I also post "useful" things like this one that is currently on top of the http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/

Many deals I thought were great and useful never gathered a single green or any comments. cheepdate25 is right: this is a democratic system - consensus is not important, participation is.

It is a good deal yet are normally 19.99 + shipping @ThinkGeek...

I just saw these today at Big Lots, didn't look to see how much but I'd think a bit cheaper than this.

$10 all day long at Walgreens B&M

I saw these at Lowes. I must say that IMHO they were extremely creepy.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   $10 all day long at Walgreens B&M
Oh goodness, just searched "butterfly" at Walgreens. Found the darndest thing (which I can't name, but you're welcome to search and see). Who knew?

Couldn't help but I saw the $56.99 one too.

janesdtr said:   STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   $10 all day long at Walgreens B&M
Oh goodness, just searched "butterfly" at Walgreens. Found the darndest thing (which I can't name, but you're welcome to search and see). Who knew?

oh my, who would have known?

I prefer the purple one!

Thumbs up - My little girls will love these!

ethalienhosh said:   janesdtr said:   STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   $10 all day long at Walgreens B&M

oh my, who would have known?

$56.99? That is not a Hot deal.

ultraphilster said:   Thumbs up - My little girls will love these!Be careful what you post; and when you post it.

It's a butterfly specimen,beautiful.

If you have a Rural King around you can get these for $9 everyday.

Skipping 15 Messages...
Necromancer said:   Why does this forum insist on posting worthless deals?

Why do you insist on posting, period? Take a look at the green the OP got for presenting this deal. Now take a look at the red you got in this thread, and then take a look at the red you get in EVERY thread. Now ask yourself both questions again.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014