BestBuy Nikon SLR camera bundles - HOT

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BestBuy Nikon D3100 bundle with 18-55mm zoom-nikkor VR lens and Nikon 55-200mm lenses for $699 which at least $150 cheaper than other websites/places. Nikon D3100 bundle

Checkout other bundle deals at Other Nikon Bundle deals

Member Summary

Nikon D3100
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

its non VR lens ... not that gr8 of a deal .. Adorama was offering the same price for VR lense untill last week so i am sure price will go down soon

aks82 said:   its non VR lens ... not that gr8 of a deal .. Adorama was offering the same price for VR lense untill last week so i am sure price will go down soon

Not necessarily...the lens in this kit has two ED ("Extra-Low Dispersion") elements, whereas the VR 18-55 does not. It's really a matter of preference.

That being said, I picked up the VR kit at a BJ's B&M a few weeks ago for $579.99. I believe that price included a $100 instant-off promo that is still available, though I could be mistaken about that.

EDIT: I meant to add - this is a fantastic little camera. I am very impressed. I do miss having a depth of field preview, but that's a reasonable loss for the lower price-point.

Best buy "deals" are rarely HOT....this is no exception.

Its not the lowest price. Even if it is, its not $699.. its $699 + tax = around $750

I stand corrected.

8-)

garystad said:   A few of the places that have the D3100 WITH VR LENS, for less than $699, often with no tax and free shipping...

Crutchfield, Ritz Camera, Tiger Direct, B & H

For that matter, here is the link to get the kit WITH VR LENS on BestBuy for $648.... (says "add to cart to see price")
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Nikon+-+D3100+14.2-Megapixel+Digital...

Kits listed don't include the second non VR 55-200 lens included in OP's deal.

Although I stand corrected on prior post, even Best Buy has had the kit(18-55 VR only included) at least once for $599. With the emergence of the D5100, and considering Kashistiís experience getting the kit for $579, I think that those who are patient will be rewarded soon when the standard kit can be found for, lets say $529 or $549. Iíd then take the money I saved(vs buying this bundle) and purchase the VR version of the 55-200. Iím not saying that this bundle isnít a Ďdealí, but the results from a VR lens, compared to a non-VR is substantial.
I actually thought about adding to cart, but Iíd just end up trying to sell the included non-VR lens on eBay and doubt Iíd get more that $100(although new, open-box, from an indiv. Seller) for it.

of course if you wait for a deal in technology it will come since updated models come out every 6 months. if you need it now BUY IT. don't hold off on what two or three people are saying.

what ticks me off is all the deals are on Nikon and not Canon. that's the real crime here

Amazon deal a while back (Feb) was a much better deal. I jumped on that one
I got the camera and both lenses for about $634.
It's even better because the deal includes a $44 after rebate epson R1900 printer, and I sold it for around $360 (Very easy. Posted it and sold it the very next day). So the net cost for my camera with two lenses was just around $280.

Deal discussion at best.

stop the violence...

you guys are fighting on KIT LENSES.. lol..

alex6001,
I'm trying to be patient and wait for a truly HOT deal on the D3100.
You, kind sir, make me sick!
LOL

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014