• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Tracfone has two new phones this month

LG500G - QWERTY Keyboard
On sale at RadioShack this week for $19.99 LINK
Or Tracfone website $29.99 free shipping and use code GI2011 for $5 off don't forget 15% FW CashBack
Unboxing Video of LG500G
LG 500G Tutorial

LG800G - Touch Screen with 60min card
Available on Tracfone website using Zip code 65046 for $49.99 free shipping and use code GI2011 for $5 off don't forget 15% FW CashBack
Unboxing Video of LG800G
LG 800G Tutorial

TracFone
See TracFone coupons that earn 15.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
RadioShack
See RadioShack coupons that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

LG 500G (30.59kB)
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer

LG 800G (63.07kB)
Thanks IrieMon
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For those who have TracFone already, the upgrade is extraordinarily easy, and can be done online in 5 minutes tops. The ... (more)

exomni (Jul. 05, 2011 @ 6:42p) |

not to TC but if you are trying to port a number - be very careful - I have been trying to get a phone activated on Net1... (more)

lemonhead (Jul. 05, 2011 @ 7:23p) |

Motorola EX124G is back on the Tracfone site.

I took the plunge, I think it could be a good upgrade from my W376g.

Tracfo... (more)

ferretbee (Jul. 08, 2011 @ 11:14a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary

IrieMon said:   Tracfone has two new phones this month

LG500G - QWERTY Keyboard
Or Tracfone website $29.99 free shipping and use code GI2011 for $5 off don't forget 15% FW CashBack
Unboxing Video of LG500G

Available on Tracfone website using Zip code 65046 for $49.99 free shipping and use code GI2011 for $5 off don't forget 15% FW CashBack

Unboxing Video of LG800G

txs!!!

I have already tracfone and if i want to purchase these phones and use it with same number? any idea pls?

Are they locked to tracfone service?

mvkkreddy said:   IrieMon said:   Tracfone has two new phones this month

LG500G - QWERTY Keyboard
Unboxing Video of LG500G

Unboxing Video of LG800G

txs!!!

I have already tracfone and if i want to purchase these phones and use it with same number? any idea pls?

Call the customer support and ask them to transfer the number and remaining minutes on to your new phone. It should not take more than 15 minutes.

sunmountain said:   Are they locked to tracfone service?
All Tracfone phones are permanently locked to Tracfone service, and you cannot use a non-Tracfone phone with the service.

a touch screen phone that doesn't do anything all other locked down tracfones do. Instead of pressing a button you press the screen, big change. Not worth spending the money.

It's nice to see a Tracfone with a QWERTY/on screen keyboard now. I bought the LG 800G just because I like the optional MicroSD card that you can load/unload pics (2MP camera) and MP3s with the computer, which is another thing you weren't "allowed" to do with their other phones. The large screen and larger keyboard makes it much easier to browse the web and write quick emails, a huge step up. And the internet is only .5 units/minute on the 800G, making it affordable.

I just encountered a big problem with Tracfone's delivery. My order was shipped overnight and to be delivered by tomorrow. A signature is required. I have to be home to sign for it. I can't have it redelivered to a FedEx store. I can't leave a signed note. My neighbor can't sign for it unless they open my door to accept it. It can't be held at the delivery station for pickup. No Saturday delivery.

How in the H*LL can any customer get the package while they're at work? I can't wait 10 hours at home for FedEx to show up.

I complained to TracFone without any results. FedEx said after the 1st delivery attempt, I can go to the delivery station and get it. I'll see if that works tomorrow.

are these atleast wifi capable?

Great Mother's Day present. Thanks OP.

buzz333 said:   are these atleast wifi capable?No, and I'm a little disappointed that there's no WIFI on this.

blast would've been nice if I could do some fring via wifi on this with the sipgate google voice combo.

jimates said:   a touch screen phone that doesn't do anything all other locked down tracfones do. Instead of pressing a button you press the screen, big change. Not worth spending the money.

+1

If you want more features than the LG 800G it looks like Tracfone will be coming out with the Motorola EX124G. The one complaint on the LG800G is the QWERTY only works in texting. It does not work with anything else including the web. The Motorola EX124G looks like it has the QWERTY for the web. Anybone have a release date?
Motorola EX124G Tutorial

caramelito said:   jimates said:   a touch screen phone that doesn't do anything all other locked down tracfones do. Instead of pressing a button you press the screen, big change. Not worth spending the money.

+1
I agree. If it doesn't do anything that all other locked phones do, it's not worth much.

[QI complained to TracFone without any results. FedEx said after the 1st delivery attempt, I can go to the delivery station and get it. I'll see if that works tomorrow.

I also had this happen, it is a pain because they will try & put it back out for delivery the next day, but I did eventually go to the FedEx office and pick it up. I think they have to try and deliver at least once.

LG 800 $49.99 [for Net10] also
New! [no bonus gift]
Touch ScreenMobile Web Bluetooth® Wireless Technology2.0 Megapixel Camera & Video Recorder MP3 Player (cable and microSD Card not included)APP CapableMMS Picture Messaging

It's about time! Texting is so frustrating with my old LG.

I cant wait to get my new LG 500G...does anyone think it was worth the money? Or should I stick to the one I have now?

Thanks

Did the LG 800G get pulled from tracfone? I can't seem to get it to come up with any of the markets I try.

I got the LG 800 at a local Radio Shack. I read that it is only available in AT&T areas. Try my zip code 75023 Plano TX if you want to see if that helps.

that one worked - Thanks

rozzer said:   I got the LG 800 at a local Radio Shack. I read that it is only available in AT&T areas. Try my zip code 75023 Plano TX if you want to see if that helps.
not working as of June 23? does not show up. any other zipcodes where you can find the LG800?

I'm new to Tracfone. I purchased this phone on HSN and it came with 1200 minutes and triple minutes for the life of the phone. My question is will I be able to apply a bonus code to get free minutes when I active the initial minutes it came with? I have to call one number to activate and another to add the triple minutes so at what point do I add the bonus code? I don't want to mess up the triple minutes it came with.

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam;jsessi...

TIA!

For those who have TracFone already, the upgrade is extraordinarily easy, and can be done online in 5 minutes tops. The 60 days of service and 10 minutes that come free with every TracFone will be applied automatically to the end of your service per TracFone usual.

Personally I buy 60-minute cards every three months, and never use up all the minutes before the service ends, so the 60-days on this phone alone is worth ~$7 to me. That makes it ~$13 for an upgrade to a QWERTY keyboard, which is definitely worth the price. You'll never want to text on a 9-key again and be horrified at the torture you've put yourself through to do so.

The 500g is the better of the two phones here. The touch-screen on the 800g is shit and unresponsive, and you still have to use 9-key typing for texting. The only benefit in either of these phones over previous ones is the QWERTY on the 500g for those who text. QWERTY works on Mobile Web over EDGE, but the browser is obviously slow and shitty and expensive. A better option is having your email forward to your phone's email-address. You can base it on filters if you just want to be alerted when certain important emails come in. Personally my service through tracfone is licensed from T-Mobile so I have an @tmomail.net address.

The Motorola EX124G for Straight Talk and Net10 is nicer as far as touch-screen options go, but I don't know when it will come out for TracFone users.

Another few notes about this phone:

1. It has unlocked BlueTooth and USB (though you'll have to buy a USB cable, and if you don't have BlueTooth on your computer you'll have to buy a $5 dongle), so you can transfer music and pictures to and from the phone.
2. That being said the camera, although it is stronger than any other TracFone camera, absolutely sucks, so don't bother taking pictures off this phone.
3. It has an MP3 player with a full-size headphone jack and a microSD slot.
4. It has java-based mobile web access through EDGE but it's not exactly fun to use.

not to TC but if you are trying to port a number - be very careful - I have been trying to get a phone activated on Net10 (a division of tracfone) FOR A WEEK - see here http://www.net10forum.com/viewforum.php?f=5782&sid=4ed2dd513691b...

this company has worse customer service than Virgin Mobile is alleged to have - they don't care about ever helping anyone as proof by the multiple threads - and read a few of the others - i'm not the only one in a similar situation - unless you get a VERY GOOD DEAL and get free airtime and plenty of CashBack, and just don't care about wasting almost a week trying to get your phone activated like me, then i suggest you steer clear and find a different carrier.

and for those about to RED my post - CLICK ON THE LINK and read for yourself then if you think my post is worthy of your redness, feel free!

i am just beside myself with how bad they treat potential customers

i spent over 3 hours on the phone with them this past weekend trying to get a port started then when they said tey couldn't help me and needed to send me a new SIM card i had to cancel the port and while still on the phone they assured me that they could program my existing SIM with a new number so i agreed - they don't follow up if there is a problem with porting your number - they don't follow up resolving your issues whether they are on their forum or if it was submitted via their tech support site - read my threads on their support forum to see what i mean.

Motorola EX124G is back on the Tracfone site.

I took the plunge, I think it could be a good upgrade from my W376g.

Tracfone does have horrific CS. I would rather stick stainless steel spikes into my eyes than call them. Anything outside of the very mundane can be very challenging to get resolved.

I use it because of the $10/month value plan which automatically gives me 200 minutes per month (w/DMFL). Plus I can easily add minutes at $.10 (or less) in the rare cases when I need more. It's the best deal out there for light users (unless you have a problem that requires CS).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014