• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Bundles/MarketingLanding/do...

Benefits
No more need to cut long stories short. Verizon Regional Essentials lets you save by combining unlimited local and regional toll calling with three of our most popular calling features into a phone service worth calling home about.

Unlimited local and regional toll calling
Voice Mail
Caller ID
Call Waiting

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Sure are a lot of bumps in this road!

MISTERCHEAP (May. 19, 2011 @ 4:19a) |

How do you get the Comcast Blast package for only $33????
I have that now (get around 24/4.5) and i'm paying $59.99!!!

sdschramm (May. 20, 2011 @ 7:38p) |

I was on a 6 month promo for $29.99. After the promo ended, they raised it to $33. It says it's a promo but I have no ... (more)

NoMoneyInMyWallet (May. 20, 2011 @ 9:45p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

.5 - 1MB is called High Speed Internet?

For one year. Plus taxes and fees. No contract required. Speeds .5 to 1 Mbps.

2broke2say said:   .5 - 1MB is called High Speed Internet?

it's basic DSL service, not a bad deal if you're on a tight budget to have a landline and internet for $30 a month. DSL speeds are fine for most basic surfing needs.

Can't expect much from the telco for $30/mo anyway. Even when it is a "deal". lolz

I'm on Road Runner Lite (768kbps) for $30/month. Would love to 'upgrade' to DSL, but no DSL service here.

Verizon uses the term "High Speed Internet" to help distinguish the DSL internet service from thier FIOS optical internet .

stereo55 said:   Verizon uses the term "High Speed Internet" to help distinguish the DSL internet service from thier FIOS optical internet .That's what they called it before FiOS came around. It's more a generic term for anything faster than dial-up.

MISTERCHEAP said:   2broke2say said:   .5 - 1MB is called High Speed Internet?

it's basic DSL service, not a bad deal if you're on a tight budget to have a landline and internet for $30 a month. DSL speeds are fine for most basic surfing needs.

I would put 1mbps in the title. "DSL speeds" encompasses from 1mbps to 15mbps with Verizon, so it can go pretty fast. This would be more worthwhile if it were 3mbps.

Expect to add another $8-10 for taxes/fees, and more if you want any LD calling option. What you see is not what you pay with landline service.

Also includes the following:

9 email accounts (everyone in the family can have their own)
10 MB of personal Web space (create your own blog or Web page)

Includes unlimited local and regional calling-
PLUS the most popular calling features:

Voice mail
Caller ID
Call waiting

Also includes a free wireless router.

it seems good, and i will see later

well. it sounds good. but how to use it?

Their low end monthly DSL for up to 1 Mbps was around $20/month. I had their land line service. Basic landline was $11.00 IIRC. Then add the interstate subscriber fee of $6.50, taxes, etc. which brought it up to around $22. Might be a decent rate but I question what else gets added to the bill. And they are boasting of having a bandwith cap? I cannot be reading that right under the compare button.

skywalkerman said:   well. it sounds good. but how to use it?

As a backup to cable. For probably good reason, some people have cable internet and DSL as a backup. And sometimes the way TWC has internet issues a land line might be a good backup to my VOIP service

This is their Normal price, Looked into this a few months ago... But lets add $19 for installation charge

skywalkerman said:   well. it sounds good. but how to use it?
Plug in your computer, hook up internet via network cable or wireless, then surf. For phone, plug in a phone, pick up the receiver, and dial a number--then talk.

MISTERCHEAP said:   2broke2say said:   .5 - 1MB is called High Speed Internet?

I would get this just to get off my Verizon 3G wireless internet and not have to buy ANYTHING from the scum at&t. I had their terrible DSL service in the past, but unfortunately, Verizon is not offering this in my area. The speed isn't great, but unless you are downloading video, the 105 Mbps speeds coming to fruition lately are just absurd. And, it seems that the faster your service is, the lower they put the usage cap. I still have my fully UNLIMITED Alltel 3G plan, whereas Verizon's has a 5 MB cap, even on their 4G plan. It's funny how every time I talk to CS, they try their hardest to get me to "upgrade" to 4G with a 5MB cap, and are shocked when I tell them NO, I will not downgrade from my unlimited, unthrottled, grandfathered-in Alltel 3G plan. What exactly is the point of having blazing fast speeds if you hit your cap a few hours into the month? But heck, even my 3G averages about 1.5 Mbps, and will hit 2.5 and occassionally bump the 3.1 speed limit.

$23.99 is what our neighbor pays Verizon for 768K DSL, without a contract. Keep jacking up the price, and removing services (bye bye Usenet). Going to tell them about this package.

Might get a few headaches.

Still remember talking for over an hour on the phone with a gentleman from India, trying to get Verizon DSL up and running on a new installation. Eventually got "escalated" to US tech support, who told me the Verizon account servers were down. Nobody bothered to tell their support guys in India....

Our Verizon DSL service used to cut out in rainy weather or thunderstorms (damn squirrels!). Been good lately.

Local paper had a consumer watchdog article yesterday about a family signed up for the triple package with Verizon, phone, dsl and DirectTV. The TV gear gets installed, and then the customer finds out Verizon can't get DSL to that location. DirectTV is demanding $200 to get out of the two year contract... Huge run-around with multiple Verizon CSRs, ending with a promise to reimburse the customer through monthly credits.

jcewl93 said:   skywalkerman said:   well. it sounds good. but how to use it?
For phone, plug in a phone, pick up the receiver, and dial a number--then talk.

One slight addition. Install filters where you use a phone jack.

skywalkerman said:   well. it sounds good. but how to use it?i have no idea how you posted this question

morecowbell said:   skywalkerman said:   well. it sounds good. but how to use it?i have no idea how you posted this questionwith the help of a keyboard.

stereo55 said:   Verizon uses the term "High Speed Internet" to help distinguish the DSL internet service from thier FIOS optical internet .It's also what the cable companies like to compare themselves to in order to make their service seem faster than FiOS (for people who don't realize they are comparing themselves to DSL).

My mother-in-law just moved into a new apartment. We got her the $45 Freedom bundle for unlimited calling (she had been paying by the call for local AND long distance -- which was still with AT&T). Anyway, she is paying $45/mo. I could get her this bundle with long distance for $40 a month. She has no use for Internet, but I guess she would have it available when relatives came to visit.

Of course, the downside is the $19.99 shipping/activation, but that pays for itself in 4 months.

In my view, its absolutely NO GO. I'm on Verizon FiOS paying $82 (All inclusive Taxes etc - Price guaranteed for 2 years with no contract.) for Internet speed 25down + 25Up, Phone and HD TV (DVR 6 monhts). If I attach my cell phone to this account I will get another $10 discount bringing my out of pocket cost be around $71 for the above package. I have also been receiving calls from Cable Vision to stitch with them at $65 out of pocket cost for their triple pack that includes Phone, Internet (30 Down + 5 Up) and TV (DVR - 1year + free International package for 1 year). I'm surprised that people seem excited to see this 1MB deal which will cost you approximately $38 after taxes etc.

FiOS is a great deal, IF you can get it. And Cablevision would not be so interested in offering that $65 bundle if you couldn't get FiOS. For some people, this is a decent deal.

BTW what is the price after a year?

do not look only at the 1MBPS part. Do not forget about 0.5MBPS one. Basically you will be provisioned by Verizon between that range. It depends of the load at your local verizon station. I have recently signed up for up to 3MBPs DSL and got only 1.5MBPS, despite the fact that I had 3MBPS speed one year ago at the same address. I had to cancel the service in disgusts.

I wouldn't survive at anything under 3Mbit/sec. A relative has 768Kbit service, and when I went over and tried to show them something on YouTube, the video wouldn't even come up, it was too slow.

I'm currently on FIOS, 25/25 plan. Well worth it, IMHO.

IMBRE said:   In my view, its absolutely NO GO. I'm on Verizon FiOS paying $82 (All inclusive Taxes etc - Price guaranteed for 2 years with no contract.) for Internet speed 25down + 25Up, Phone and HD TV (DVR 6 monhts). If I attach my cell phone to this account I will get another $10 discount bringing my out of pocket cost be around $71 for the above package. I have also been receiving calls from Cable Vision to stitch with them at $65 out of pocket cost for their triple pack that includes Phone, Internet (30 Down + 5 Up) and TV (DVR - 1year + free International package for 1 year). I'm surprised that people seem excited to see this 1MB deal which will cost you approximately $38 after taxes etc.

you're missing the point....

not everyone has FIOS in their area, and deals like yours are very much selected markets. Not all FIOS people can even get a $65 or $75 triple play, best is $99 in many areas (for the base FIOS, not the tier 2).

For someone who doesn't watch much TV and simply wants to use a computer/have a landline, $30 is a great deal. It's not intended to be a deal for FIOS but for an average Joe Schmoe who needs something and doesn't want to spend much.

Deals are there everywhere, you just have to look for them irrespective of where you live. For a regular Joe Schmoe who does not want to spend much should not even bother getting a land line at home or Internet. If S\he wants to save money (or cannot afford it) then get a prepaid cell phone, use it when its utterly necessary (for all other calls use office phone). For Internet look for closest Library and use Internet there at Library without worrying to buy a computer (no money spent) and no extra electricity bills to worry about.

IMBRE said:   Deals are there everywhere, you just have to look for them irrespective of where you live. For a regular Joe Schmoe who does not want to spend much should not even bother getting a land line at home or Internet. If She wants to save money (or cannot afford it) then get a prepaid cell phone, use it when its utterly necessary (for all other calls use office phone). For Internet look for closest Library and use Internet there at Library without worrying to buy a computer (no money spent) and no extra electricity bills to worry about.

get real, you're not contributing anything useful here for people who need basic internet and a landline. going to the library isn't a deal.

nor are you sharing FIOS deals that are "there everywhere". Post a link or explain how anyone/anywhere can get the FIOS deal you're getting for $82 total. I seriously doubt anyone would get it with the exception of people in your very immediate household.

I'm with MISTERCHEAP. No go in SO CAL. Triple play for $99. When you add the receiver/dvr fees for my 4 tv's as well as any movie packages and HD, you're looking at more like $170 a month.

You need to accept it that this is not exciting deal in anyway. I understand that you had been posting pretty decent deals but in my view this is not good deal. Since you have been posting deals you understand that they are not available every minute of the day, you need to look for them and that is exactly what I had mentioned. My take on your posts is that you had been luring people to getting into this not so nice deal and I have been advising people to do their due diligence before they sign up for this deal. That being said, this is my last response to your posts. Feel free to write back but donít expect a response.

This is not a good deal for YOU. Move along, please. More than a whiff of Troll in the air.

Good deal for folks with basic needs. Local phone with some long distance calling + basic DSL internet, for not much more than the usual Verizon local phone charge.

Yes, I would jump all over a FIOS deal. Not an option. They have very limited service areas.

IMBRE said:   You need to accept it that this is not exciting deal in anyway. I understand that you had been posting pretty decent deals but in my view this is not good deal. Since you have been posting deals you understand that they are not available every minute of the day, you need to look for them and that is exactly what I had mentioned. My take on your posts is that you had been luring people to getting into this not so nice deal and I have been advising people to do their due diligence before they sign up for this deal. That being said, this is my last response to your posts. Feel free to write back but donít expect a response.

Tilt said:   Yes, I would jump all over a FIOS deal. Not an option. They have very limited service areas.Am I the only person that has FiOS available but want nothing to do with it? The number one reason is they don't offer a "limited basic" plan and they require STBs for every TV = mucho $ just for the add ons.

My setup:
Comcast "Blast" HSI (20/5?) = $33
Comcast Limited Basic TV = $15
Callcentric PAYG VoIP = $2
--------------------------------
Total = $50/month

P.S. My parents had FiOS internet and were going to sign up for a package, but dumped them for Comcast ... Too many billing errors, price increases, and all the extra fees on TV options.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Tilt said:   Yes, I would jump all over a FIOS deal. Not an option. They have very limited service areas.Am I the only person that has FiOS available but want nothing to do with it? The number one reason is they don't offer a "limited basic" plan and they require STBs for every TV = mucho $ just for the add ons.

I just want the option to have FIOS. Just the internet piece.

Verizon a couple of years ago informed my HOA they would only install FIOS if the HOA had 100% participation and the HOA did the billing. Yeah. Like either of those was going to happen. Just Verizon telling the HOA to kiss off.

Thanks OP this plan is perfect for my needs.

bump

bump

debbrs7 said:   bump

Sure are a lot of bumps in this road!

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Am I the only person that has FiOS available but want nothing to do with it? The number one reason is they don't offer a "limited basic" plan and they require STBs for every TV = mucho $ just for the add ons.

My setup:
Comcast "Blast" HSI (20/5?) = $33
Comcast Limited Basic TV = $15
Callcentric PAYG VoIP = $2
--------------------------------
Total = $50/month

P.S. My parents had FiOS internet and were going to sign up for a package, but dumped them for Comcast ... Too many billing errors, price increases, and all the extra fees on TV options.

How do you get the Comcast Blast package for only $33????

Skipping 1 Messages...
sdschramm said:   How do you get the Comcast Blast package for only $33????
I was on a 6 month promo for $29.99. After the promo ended, they raised it to $33. It says it's a promo but I have no idea how long it will remain; not sure why they automatically put me on a new promo. I've been meaning to call and ask, but haven't got around to it yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014