• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.doubletakedeals.com

if you've never checked this site out, it is run by CLIPPER MAGAZINE who delivers the coupon books in the mail in many areas. You can find restaurants, deals, etc much closer to home than Groupon.

They also have a friend referral link to earn $10 per referral also you can use to get some credits.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow! Someone finally posted! I didn't want to do it 'cause I work for them I know how much love people get for self promotion on FW...

Oh, about the referral...no single person gets $10...both the referrer and the person making their first purchase get $5.

EDIT: That's $5 in credits...aka DoubleTake Bucks.

looks like large cities only. In Alabama for instance, there are many fairly large cities, but sites only lists Birmingham. There is also Huntsville, Montgomery, Mobile, etc.

FrugalFreak said:   looks like large cities only.

Depends, in some areas, much smaller suburban areas have pretty good coverage.

I live in Boston and no deals until June 9th? Let me put that in my calendar... wait there's 99 other clones for me to waste my time on

Some interesting deals for me, thanks OP.

Nothing in Austin, at least not yet...

balor124 said:   I live in Boston and no deals until June 9th? Let me put that in my calendar... wait there's 99 other clones for me to waste my time on

To be fair, they are probably using their existing relationships to recruit businesses to participate. There are several restaurants in my area that only ever do coupons through Clipper, and they are offering printable deals I can opt to buy for the next 30 days. Much better than having to check Groupon every day for a new no-name salon. (Not that I don't love Groupon, just saying this is a different game.)

That makes sense but the value of the business is proportional to the size of its network. They really shouldn't launch in a city until they are ready to make a bang there. They made the mistake of launching everywhere at once leading to poor service in many areas. With so much competition, do you think people in Boston will keep checking every month to see if they're starting to pick up here? They get one shot at the most prolific customers and they're blowing it.

Not available in Columbus Ohio..

Nothing for the entire state of Nevada.

Received an email from them, first time coupon good only today 5/18 DTDFIRSTBUY5

oops, forgot to say $5 off

Website is painfully slow...

AFAIK the code is tied to your email address and can only be used once. So if you didn't get an email you will likely not be able to use it.

Do they typically send you a $5 coupon code after signing up for an account? I see an offer in my city that looks intriguing, but of course it would be an even sweeter deal if I could knock $5 off the price!

Looks like Northern California is no longer part of California.

bump

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014