• 1 234529
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Enter to WIN the Dad of the Week Giveaway, presented by Ebay

See if you can win one of five $100 Ebay gift cards. And nominate Dad for the Facebook Dad of the Week.

FatWallet's giving away five $100 Ebay gift cards between now and Father's Day!
Solve the annual "what do I get Dad" riddle with a gift card from Ebay. Find everything for Mechanic Dad, Geek Dad, Meat-Cookin' Dad, or MVP Dad.
  • Drawing 1: May 26, 2011, congrats to fatbaby!
  • Drawing 2: June 2, 2011, congrats to Rob9874
  • Drawing 3: June 6, 2011, congrats to jsr0101
  • Drawing 4: June 9, 2011, congrats to Broncowolf
  • Drawing 5: Last chance to enter: June 14, 2011, 11:59 p.m. CST
To Enter: Reply to this topic.
We're wondering: What's your most embarrassing Dad story?

Eligibility: Eligible entries will be received between May 20, 1:30 p.m. CST, and June 19, 11:59 p.m. CST. Limit one entry per eligible individual. Additional replies welcome but will not improve your odds of winning. Please read the Official Rules of this giveaway.

Dad of the Week

Show Dad he's been like a father to you.

Meet "Kelly's Dad," the week four Dad of the Week. Kelly's Dad works hard to nurture, protect, and embarrass.

Share Dad's mug, a story of how he's made you proud, or embarrassed the heck out of you. Post your picture and story on the FatWallet.com Facebook page and he may be picked as our Dad of the Week. If you're a dad, yourself, share your own picture and favorite dad story.
  1. Post a favorite dad picture and moment on our Facebook wall
  2. Starting May 22, we'll pick our favorite
  3. His photo will greet our Facebook Fans for the week!
  4. (By posting a picture to our wall, you are giving us permission to use it)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
TRUE STORY: When I was around 7-8 years old I had to have my dad come pick me up from school because I was sick...turns... (more)

raringvt (Jun. 14, 2011 @ 9:47p) |

pass

wu9tiger (Jun. 14, 2011 @ 9:50p) |

My Dad brought his new wife from Florida to Virginia to spend Christmas with my family. He handed his wife (Mary) a rect... (more)

Kona (Jun. 14, 2011 @ 10:37p) |

One of these days someone will have to explain this ridiculous rule to me...

Eligibility: Giveaway open to individual legal residents of the forty-eight contiguous United States
and the District of Columbia, except Florida, New York, Rhode Island, and where otherwise
prohibited by law.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

My dad has always been there for me and my family.

Here is a fun day we spent shooting my Saiga 12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4I8CS-_Llw look at the big grin at the end

In, Thanks

What's your most embarrassing Dad story?

The big family Bar-B-Q and we ran out of propane....

We have video of me as a baby where mom is blaming dad for the messy apartment.

Got to love baby barf on new suits!!!

Pick us!!

I'm in!

Hey Dad's always need stuff! Like this !

Dad opening the door to my date in his bathrobe, messy hair, and bad attitude!

My Dad is super talkative and he has been divorced for years.. He is all guy and whenever we go anywhere he hits on every girl he sees. They call it charisma...I call it awesome life lesson moments. BTW He is really good at it...

Pretty much anytime we go out to eat in public together! (Sorry Dad)

When my 1.5 years old made a big show in a grocery store for candy

I love my dad. He is absolutely amazing. I've been his little princess all my life. It'd be nice to give him something this Father's Day since I'm always broke. Plus, I owe him a couple thousand dollars. lol

Most embarrassing? When, at his 40th birthday party, my dad told my girlfriend that he was sure that she and I were going to make him a grandfather before he turned 40!

Good news is he's now 63, I've been married to that girlfriend for 18 years and we have two boys.

All's well that ends well, right?

Love my dad. Nothing real embarrassing. Just an awesome, loving dad.

Love my dad, but at times he can be very embarressing. When Six Flags came out with the idea of Putting $1 off per coca cola cans, he decided to horde tons of cans that we all drank. He eventually used them all to bring my whole family, 4 siblings, and my parents = total of 7 including me and pay using black garbage bags full of cans. Thank god I was only 10 yrs old, but we save over 300 in ticket fees using cans. Now that I think back, it was such a hilarious moment with my dad hahaha.

I took my dad out to dinner, and he flirted with the extremely young waitress by telling her lame jokes. She took it well, but I had to sit through it with a fake smile (or was it a grimace?). Not sure what bothered me most, the bad jokes or the flirting, but I think it was the jokes....

Dad hired Best Buy installation services to hook up his entertainment center. When I visited Dad, I noticed the mess, using all low-definition sound & video options. Needless to say, I took pictures of the work, marched into his local Best Buy, showed the manager the pictures, and demanded compensation. Of course I re-cabled the system using all component-video & optical-audio cables. This was many years ago, so HDMI wasn't an option for his TV. I don't know what was more embarrassing, hiring Best Buy contractors or seeing the over-priced monster-cables he purchased (which we promptly returned).

My Dad has always been there for me. I love him and respect him for his dedication to our family!

My Dad has always been there for me. I love him and respect him for his dedication to our family!

squeeze my fat cheeks

Remember those pants in the late 80s/early 90s that had the velcro waist and wild neon designs? They were called Jammerz or something like that? My dad had a few pairs.

Can't recall anything really embarrassing that he's ever done... He's always been there when I needed him.

Seeing him wear his wig...

I used to be embarrassed when dad bought mega-packs of toilet paper when there's a sale.

Fell asleep on a crowded train "standing"

It involved drinking too much.

Me and Dad only had every other weekend together due to parents divorcing. But one of mine & Dad's favorite things to do was go out to eat. I loved Chinese but my Dad wasn't so sure about that funky looking strange sounding cuisine. I finally talked him into it one weekend and he agreed to try out my favorite food. We went and had the sweet and sour chicken, egg foo young and few other items. We finished our meal and sitting there letting it digest and chatting. We leave and make it maybe a mile and my dad got the runs, he said he couldn't control it. He had to pull over and lined the passenger side seat with newspaper we had in the LTD and had me drive rest of the way home. I was only 14 then. He NEVER ate another bite of Chinese food after that.

Went out to dinner with my husband and parents. My Dad generously offered to pay mostly to be nice, but also because he likes to act like a big shot. The server took his card and came back and loudly announced, "Sir. Your card has been declined, do you have cash? If not, one of our washers is out sick maybe you can do some dishes." Dad and my mother looked mortified until my husband cracked up. We had paid beforehand and tipped the waiter too for his part. (My parents now think this is funny and no longer mind the "kids" picking up the tab.)

Any foray into public. Thanks Dad!

I am in

overalls in public

I am in

getting Playboy in the mail thinking that I ordered it

I'm in!

having him open a shooken up can of beer at Easter. hehe!

pick me

My dad lost a pingpong match when I was only 13.

in

Skipping 1086 Messages...
My Dad brought his new wife from Florida to Virginia to spend Christmas with my family. He handed his wife (Mary) a rectangular box for her to unwrap. My Dad looked excited for Mary to open this one.. When she ripped off one side of the paper, she immediately covered it back up. She looked very embarrassed, and my Dad looked confused. When we coaxed Mary to show us what it was, she handed me the VIBRATOR my Dad got for her. The box had a picture of a woman holding it against her neck as if she were giving herself a massage. We all started laughing, and my Dad still didn't know what the big deal was until Mary whispered what it was actually for into his ear.. He had no idea haha.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014