• 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Tounge
Disclaimer

Side
Disclaimer
Surprisingly, $14.99 is the everyday price for these beauties at Costco. That price gets you genuine leather uppers, air capsules (think Nike Air) in the heel and forefoot, and a midfoot stabilizer. These shoes won't win any fashion contests, but if you aren't narcissistic, or are a narcissist who needs shoes for work, these are worth checking out. Thought it was a good deal and wanted to share. Here are some pics:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
These are reasonably good shoes & I do play tennis in them. Not bad at all.

gold (Aug. 22, 2011 @ 11:32p) |

Anyone happen to know the sku on these?

MisterBeefhead (Sep. 22, 2011 @ 4:58p) |

MisterBeefhead (Sep. 22, 2011 @ 4:58p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I see them all the time in Costco. I have never had one and do not know anyone who had them either. Any one tried them?

I have a pair of these. They last a long time as generic tennis shoes. Can't go wrong for $14.99.

OP really needs to fix the title for a "senior" member..

spidy said:   I see them all the time in Costco. I have never had one and do not know anyone who had them either. Any one tried them?

Wondering the same thing, and if they're available in any other colors. My $15 clearance gym shoes are nearly out of traction.

Oh yea.....Air Kirklands

I had these but wife said I am too young to be wearing those.

ajohnamous said:   Date Posted: May 25th, 2011, 7:28 PM
Message initiated from topic: Costco - Kirkland Court Classic Shoes - $14.99

Actually, I'm a "dismembered" member...

I really don't care what type of member you are..point is you should know..title needs...store/price/location (i.e. online, B+M only, +shipping, etc)..so others know if they have a shot at getting the same deal..

Thanks for the constructive criticism Respdoc. I added "B&M" to the title for those who have a Costco membership but aren't close to the actual stores. It should save them some time if they are in the market to purchase a pair of Kirkland Court Classics.

spidy said:   I see them all the time in Costco. I have never had one and do not know anyone who had them either. Any one tried them?

I have bought the KS tennis shoes for years. They are comfy, well made, cheap, and better than any other 14 dollar shoes. I actually stocked up on a handful of these last year when the local Costco had them on sale for 11.99.

I just noticed these today at my local Costco. They had sizes from 10 through 12 if I remember correctly. Since I need size 9, I didn't buy, so no review.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! LAFF.

wow.

Found a few reviews:

http://embracingchange-shaul.blogspot.com/2009/08/costco-kirklan...
http://bakayaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=116

There's even a Kirkland Court Classics Enthusiasts group on facebook. Tomorrow is their maiden voyage for me, hopefully they live up to the expectations.

TrentSteel said:   Wondering if they're available in any other colors.I've only seen them in white.

They are decent shoes, and at their price they qualify as a deal. Fashion snobs may scoff, but in the end I'll have the fatter wallet

The quality of these shoes are poor. The shoes are heavy. I bought it and wore for couple of times and trashed them. My suggestion is not to buy.

These sneakers are pretty rugged for a $15 pair. I am in construction and wear them to work occasionally and have beat the hell out of them for a year and they
are still going. I bought two more pairs a few weeks ago. The Nike and $150/pair sneaker crowd will be critical, but then again anyone who spends that kind of money
on sneakers should have their head examined anyway.

Yes, the shows are heavy. Air Nike are very light. You cant compare the 2. I purchase a lot at costco, but definitely not this shoe

I've been buying these for years and am quite happy with them. Not quite as comfortable for long walks as my $40-$50 New Balance, but for every day use and lawn mowing they can't be beat. My dogs usually end up destroying them before they can wear out. Only white, but they do come up to size 13 - which are often tough to find since there are probably only a couple pairs per lot.

First impressions:

These shoes are very light, I've purchased more than a few pairs of light running shoes and these are indistinguishable when it comes to heft. If you break out a scale the expensive shoes may be lighter, but so is your wallet. And we're talking about an all purpose shoe aren't we? It's like comparing a swiss army knife to a chef's knife or a clydesdale to a thoroughbred.

They have a wide fit, which adds a bit of comfort for my wideish feet.

Looping the shoelace through the top plastic eyeholes was a challenge, but nothing that a paperclip couldn't solve

The bright white color grabs attention, its a constant reminder in my peripheral vision that I recently made a sensible shoe purchase

Soft yet supportive cushioning in the soles

I have a pair that I bought a while back but haven't been wearing them in while. I had use these for general house work (yard, etc) - I can say that the white really doesn't stay white very long and it's hard to clean up. Like most Costco things, things run large and in this case, they are wide. They do fit and are comfortable.

I sorta wish they had women's for these...

no Chinese shoes for me

You usually get what you pay for at Costco.

Instead of bulk food that makes you vomit, you are getting cheap shoes that cause shin splits, knee injuries, and broken ankles.

Do not want!

Necromancer said:   You usually get what you pay for at Costco.

Instead of bulk food that makes you vomit, you are getting cheap shoes that cause shin splits, knee injuries, and broken ankles.

Do not want!

don't forget necro, you get to pay for the privilege to shop there for Chinese shoes and crap food

I've had a few pairs of these and love them. As you said, they won't win a fashion contest, but the price is right for what they will do.

I've had a few pairs of these and love them. As you said, they won't win a fashion contest, but the price is right for what they will do.

It's nice that everyone can chime in on their opinions of Costco, but honestly, how is this a "Hot Deal"? Costco has had this shoe at this price for at least 10 years.

Shoes felt comfortable but when I played Racquetball with those shoes, my toes hurt. Promptly returned them.

what about the ones in WalMart? They might even be cheaper (~$7 on sale most of the time)...i am just wondering if these are going to be any significantly better than the WalMart ones..

skh12 said:   Necromancer said:   You usually get what you pay for at Costco.

Do not want!

don't forget necro, you get to pay for the privilege to shop there for Chinese shoes and crap food

Not me anymore. I canceled my membership back in 2010. Now I got $50 that can be better spent on food that doesn't act as a diarrhea inducer.

skh12 said:   no Chinese shoes for meDo you get service in your bare feet? :-;

Necromancer said:   skh12 said:   Necromancer said:   You usually get what you pay for at Costco.

Do not want!

Not me anymore. I canceled my membership back in 2010. Now I got $50 that can be better spent on food that doesn't act as a diarrhea inducer.

So what, you mean the same exact food in smaller quantities gives you the runs? My membership pays for itself in spinach and olive oil alone half the time. There's a lot more to buy there than pizza and frozen foods...

Necromancer said:   skh12 said:   Necromancer said:   You usually get what you pay for at Costco.

Do not want!

You could also cancel your internet connection to save money and make a lot of people very happy.

kshell said:   skh12 said:   no Chinese shoes for meDo you get service in your bare feet? :-;

my runners are made in USA, my work shoes in denmark and brasil

I've always used these as a "spare" tennis shoe for doing yard work, or walking around mud/sand etc

I have had a few pair of these. They are a great deal but these can be bought any day, all day at this price. And that is any time of the year.

There seems to be some confusion here though. These are NOT running shoes. If you are training for the the 50K, you will NOT be wearing these. These shoes do not have the latest technology developed by NASA and are NOT made out of some sort of modified air to lessen the weight.

If however, you are looking for a leather upper, good quality, all around tennis shoe that will last every bit as long as any other tennis shoe, these will do you just fine.
And if you can even tell the difference in weight for this purpose of shoe, get off the couch, put down the Bon Bons and go for a freaking walk. Your legs REALLY need it.

I am currently using running shoes to play tennis and racquetball, as I haven't gone out and purchased a set of literal tennis shoes. I don't really want to have 10 sets of shoes, but my running shoes are not made for using them like I do. Anyone here have an opinion on playing sports with these shoes, especially regarding sideways movement?

I don't know if this is a "hot deal", necessarily, but I wouldn't have known about this without a post. So, thanks OP.

It seems

The pro of the shoes

-price
-comfortable only for casual walking
-last longer
-great for doing yard work, mowing etc

The cons

-not for running or playing sports
-not great looks.

Skipping 82 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014