• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If yoyu have an Android device and use Microsoft Exchange and want a better app to active\sync your phone and email then TouchDown is the best app available. For a limited time (no idea how long) Amazon's app store is discounting this to $7.99 from the normal $19.99.

It is 19.99 on the droid market so you'll need to get this from Amazon.com

You should first download the free trial app to make sure that it id functional on YOUR phone. After you know it works then download the key which is saved to your SD card for future use. This also updates your free license to the paid version at a huge savings!

Link to the Amazon store...

Details..........................................................

Exchange By TouchDown Producy Key Only.
by NitroDesk, Inc.
Platform: Android
4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (23 customer reviews)
23 Reviews
5 star: (19)
4 star: (2)
3 star: (2)
2 star: (0)
1 star: (0)

See all 23 customer reviews...

|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List Price: $19.99
Price: $7.99
You Save: $12.00 (60%)
o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

Available instantly for your Android device

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Touchdown Exchange app for Android
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I played around with this app a bit and did not find much it did not sync that Droid X did not, other than my tasks but that is OK. I do not want to be reminded of all my overdue work tasks at home!

This is by far my favorite and most used app.

I've watched this app for over a year and never seen it discounted. Nice!

Hmmm, my Acer Liquid E Android 2.2 comes with a stock Email that works with MS Outlook and Gmail flawlessly. Didn't know people with Android have to find one for Outlook.

annonhong said:   Hmmm, my Acer Liquid E Android 2.2 comes with a stock Email that works with MS Outlook and Gmail flawlessly. Didn't know people with Android have to find one for Outlook. I am using what I thought was the stock Android email client on my HTC Evo. My friend got an Google S Android phone. He couldn't do a bunch of things that I could do. It appeared that HTC had added some features to make it more useful. So, for me, I didn't need touchdown, but he did.

You don't have to purchase this. There is one on the droid BUT this app is much more robust and user friendly. Kinda like buying a new car. You can drive it just fine with the six cylinder engine but you CAN opt for the eight, leather interior, and nav system.

Then I would say HTC did a great job on their Android phones. And so did Acer ( )

Outlook is more than simply a mail client. If you don't have an Exchange server, it would be completely pointless for you to buy this app. Not to mention posting any reason as to why you don't need it.

Touchdown Exchange is the only app I've found that will authenticate with my corporate Exchange server on the Dell Streak 7 tablet. My EVO, however, works flawlessly with HTC's native app. Go figure.

LOL, i just bought this yesterday for $19.99! At least I'm able to expense it

Native email app on the Evo for example can't handle huge numbers of folders on an exchange server. When you go beyond a few hundred it just stops showing them; which of course only impacts you if you are a huge power user with a ton of folders and filters. This app fixes that, showing all folders and giving a unified inbox to see new messages no matter what folders they are in.

Just got it, even though my native email client did synch fine. This does a much better job of being able to search the corporate contacts database. Of course there are more options and the notes sync is a bonus.

Assuming your corporate policy requires a timeout and password on the device when synced, one of the best reasons to use Touchdown is the screen lock is for the App only, not the entire phone.

Daddy6113 said:   Assuming your corporate policy requires a timeout and password on the device when synced, one of the best reasons to use Touchdown is the screen lock is for the App only, not the entire phone.

That's exactly the reason I just bought this.

As Outlook/Exchange Server is overwhelmingly used in company enterprise settings, the companies should be buying Touchdown for their employees. After all, it increases productivity if employees are basically 'online' 24/7. Leave it to corporate IT paranoia / inflexibility / an*l retentiveness to refuse support, even though any laptop is allowed to log in thru webmail.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014