• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Outback Steakhouse press release:

WHAT
Back by Popular Demand Outback Special & Lobster Tail

For a limited time, Outback Steakhouse is featuring its juicy Special Sirloin, served with a succulent grilled Lobster Tail and a dressed baked potato.

WHEN
May 25 through June 21, 2011

COST
$14.99*

WHERE
Available Nationwide*. Please visit outback.com for locations.


* Pricing and product participation will vary by location. Pricing does not include tax or gratuity.

http://www.outback.com/pressroom/pr_110525.aspx

--------------------------

-Don't forget the free $10 GC w/purchase of $50 in GCs offer is still available. See home page for details.

Member Summary

Outback Steakhouse
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Don't forget Outback currently has an offer to let you get $10 bonus if you buy $50 gift card.

mkr (Jun. 05, 2011 @ 12:59p) |

taf (Jun. 05, 2011 @ 2:49p) |

They have a steak and crab special now.

taf (Jun. 24, 2011 @ 7:13p) |

Very few are at $14.99, YMMV.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

This is a small sirloin, right? 6oz?

I miss their in house deal of lobster tail / ribeye and crab cake and one side/ salad for 25

thanks OP, the wife likes the ocean scavengers

skh12 said:   thanks OP, the wife likes the ocean scavengers nice....or it's other nome de plume ... "cockroach" of the sea.

NICKel said:   skh12 said:   thanks OP, the wife likes the ocean scavengers nice....or it's other nome de plume ... "cockroach" of the sea.
i thought those were shrimp, all bottom feeders anyway

Thank you for taking the time to share and post this deal OP

Looks like a good deal....green.

skh12 said:   thanks OP, the wife likes the ocean scavengers

+ Osama bin Laden's body


For those who were wondering, according to my local Outback the special sirloin is 6 oz.

Are kites included?

CKritiv1 said:   For those who were wondering, according to my local Outback the special sirloin is 6 oz.

You can also make it an 8 oz sirloin for $17.99. I just bought it for dinner tonight. The lobster was surprisingly very tasty, kinda small though. But I can't really complain for lobster and steak for under $20.

i've had it-pretty good deal and the steak and lobster tasted nice (I'm a seafood snob and I was pretty happy.

Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks, Op. I think I will enjoy this very much. Green

waynejs said:   CKritiv1 said:   For those who were wondering, according to my local Outback the special sirloin is 6 oz.

You can also make it an 8 oz sirloin for $17.99. I just bought it for dinner tonight. The lobster was surprisingly very tasty, kinda small though. But I can't really complain for lobster and steak for under $20.

Under $20?
Impossible. Even U live in a non-tax state, 15% tip on 17.99 hits U above $20.
Oh wait, maybe U're the non-tipper kinda person

We got the seared tuna as an appetizer. It was really good. Our steaks and lobster tails were also delicious. It was well worth it. Thanks OP!

Im fortunate enough to not even consider Outback, when we want a meal deal. However if I were forced to forgo the other 38 better deals, this would most likely be ok, when paired with the gift card bonus money.

It's appropriate that they pretend to be an Australian company, since that's where these lobster tails come from. (Well, either Australia or South Africa.) There's no way you'd get Maine/New England lobster for that price with a steak! Then again, it's rare to find Maine lobster tails sold alone, since the claw and knuckle meat is so tasty that you wouldn't want to skip that part!

i just checked the curbside takeaway online ordering menu for arcadia ca, and it looks like there is an error. the lobster & sirloin dinner special is $18.99, but the dinner special with TWO lobster tails & sirloin steak is the same price:

Outback Special 6oz & Lobster Tail* 18.99
Our signature sirloin* paired with a seasoned and grilled lobster tail. Served with your choice of a freshly made side.

Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* 18.99
Our signature sirloin* paired with a seasoned and grilled lobster tail. Served with your choice of a freshly made side. For an additional $5.00, you can add an extra lobster tail to your 6oz. sirloin and lobster.
i don't know how much the dine in price is for the arcadia ca location, but it looks like the take out dinner with two lobster tails may be a good deal. i've added both dinners to my cart and verified that both dinners show up as $18.99 during checkout.Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* $18.99 Delete
Edit



Classic Seasoned & Seared: Our classic bold style, seasoned & seared on a red hot grill.

Medium Rare: Warm Red Center

Dressed Baked Potato

Everything

No Add-on Soup or Salad, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)

No Add-On Mates, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)




Outback Special 6oz & Lobster Tail* $18.99 Delete
Edit



Classic Seasoned & Seared: Our classic bold style, seasoned & seared on a red hot grill.

Medium Rare: Warm Red Center

Sweet Potato

Honey Butter

No Add-on Soup or Salad, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)

No Add-On Mates, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)





Subtotal $37.98
Tax * $2.94
Total $40.92

How about this deal:

Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* 0.00
Our signature sirloin* paired with a seasoned and grilled lobster tail. Served with your choice of a freshly made side. For an additional $5.00, you can add an extra lobster tail to your 6oz. sirloin and lobster.

Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* $0.00
Wood-Fire Grilled: Our new style, lightly seasoned & flame grilled over oak wood.
Medium Rare: Warm Red Center
Rice

Subtotal $0.00
Tax * $0.00
Total $0.00


You would think that a Steak House would specialize in steaks, but I have had multiple experience of tasteless, tough, and membrane filled steaks at Outback. I'll pass on the steaks, but there are some other good options.

hoosierary1 said:   You would think that a Steak House would specialize in steaks, but I have had multiple experience of tasteless, tough, and membrane filled steaks at Outback. I'll pass on the steaks, but there are some other good options.
That's not my experience at all.

Yes, Outback is not the best steak house but for the money it is worth it I think. Yes, you can get better steak at a fancy steak house but you also pay triple what you pay at Outback.

CELO said:   Yes, Outback is not the best steak house but for the money it is worth it I think. Yes, you can get better steak at a fancy steak house but you also pay triple what you pay at Outback.

Seriously, We would rather eat at Golden Coral, than Outback. I Dont like fancy and over rated, I like good and numerous choices.

But if the rest of you like paying that price, good for ya.

LORENW said:   CELO said:   Yes, Outback is not the best steak house but for the money it is worth it I think. Yes, you can get better steak at a fancy steak house but you also pay triple what you pay at Outback.

Seriously, We would rather eat at Golden Coral, than Outback. I Dont like fancy and over rated, I like good and numerous choices.

But if the rest of you like paying that price, good for ya.


Let me check Golden Carol.. 0 store here.
And.. it's a buffet place with steak? Run people run!!

golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

CKritiv1 said:   For those who were wondering, according to my local Outback the special sirloin is 6 oz.

I guess the deal is for the ladies then.

wp746911 said:   golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

Outback is in the middle high tier. As a steak person here is the list as it is from East to West coast: (1=best, 10=worst)

1) Fogo De Chao
2) Mike's American Grill
3) Sweet Water Tavern
4) Outback Steakhouse
5) Applebees
6) Smokey Bones
7) Longhorn Steakhouse
8) TGIFridays
9) iHop
10)Golden Coral

Cheers!

I see that as well. Did you give it a try?

taf said:   How about this deal:

Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* 0.00
Our signature sirloin* paired with a seasoned and grilled lobster tail. Served with your choice of a freshly made side. For an additional $5.00, you can add an extra lobster tail to your 6oz. sirloin and lobster.

Outback Special 6oz & Two Lobster Tails* $0.00
Wood-Fire Grilled: Our new style, lightly seasoned & flame grilled over oak wood.
Medium Rare: Warm Red Center
Rice

Subtotal $0.00
Tax * $0.00
Total $0.00


FYI Cupertino Outback has it for ~$21
I was disappointed when sitting down and seeing that price on the menu.

Necromancer said:   wp746911 said:   golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

Outback is in the middle high tier. As a steak person here is the list as it is from East to West coast: (1=best, 10=worst)

1) Fogo De Chao
2) Mike's American Grill
3) Sweet Water Tavern
4) Outback Steakhouse
5) Applebees
6) Smokey Bones
7) Longhorn Steakhouse
8) TGIFridays
9) iHop
10)Golden Coral

Cheers!


LOL! We must have missed Golden Corral being ranked #1 Best Steak by Zagat in the Steak Restaurant chain category for 2009 & 2010.

Oh, wait...
http://www.outback.com/pressroom/pr_100830.aspx

CKritiv1 said:   Necromancer said:   wp746911 said:   golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

Outback is in the middle high tier. As a steak person here is the list as it is from East to West coast: (1=best, 10=worst)

1) Fogo De Chao
2) Mike's American Grill
3) Sweet Water Tavern
4) Outback Steakhouse
5) Applebees
6) Smokey Bones
7) Longhorn Steakhouse
8) TGIFridays
9) iHop
10)Golden Coral

Cheers!


LOL! We must have missed Golden Corral being ranked #1 Best Steak by Zagat in the Steak Restaurant chain category for 2009 & 2010.

Oh, wait...
http://www.outback.com/pressroom/pr_100830.aspx


Golden Corral? I have it ranked last of the major chains. Whutchuu talkin' 'bout Willis?

EDIT: Also I have Fogo De Chao as #1 and I have only seen 2 or 3 nationwide so that isn't really a chain. You can't duplicate a godlike establishment too many times.

Necromancer--I wasn't being serious about the Golden Corral rating...sorry, sometimes my joking-around doesn't come across well online.

LORENW said:   CELO said:   Yes, Outback is not the best steak house but for the money it is worth it I think. Yes, you can get better steak at a fancy steak house but you also pay triple what you pay at Outback.

Seriously, We would rather eat at Golden Coral, than Outback. I Dont like fancy and over rated, I like good and numerous choices.

But if the rest of you like paying that price, good for ya.


You get what you pay for. Let me guess you live on the dollar menu, you eat at buffets regularly, you don't believe in name-brands, you drive your car until it falls off, and you are overweight?

Necromancer said:   wp746911 said:   golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

Outback is in the middle high tier. As a steak person here is the list as it is from East to West coast: (1=best, 10=worst)

1) Fogo De Chao
2) Mike's American Grill
3) Sweet Water Tavern
4) Outback Steakhouse
5) Applebees
6) Smokey Bones
7) Longhorn Steakhouse
8) TGIFridays
9) iHop
10)Golden Coral

Cheers!


What about Black Angus? 11?

sameome said:   Necromancer said:   wp746911 said:   golden coral? really? I think of outback as the applebees of steak houses. Golden Coral is the mcdonalds. Each has its place but if you prefer golden coral to outback then I have serious concerns...

Outback is in the middle high tier. As a steak person here is the list as it is from East to West coast: (1=best, 10=worst)

1) Fogo De Chao
2) Mike's American Grill
3) Sweet Water Tavern
4) Outback Steakhouse
5) Applebees
6) Smokey Bones
7) Longhorn Steakhouse
8) TGIFridays
9) iHop
10)Golden Coral

Cheers!


What about Black Angus? 11?


I think I went there once. I am not familiar with it to rank it. I usually like to pick 2 different steaks from the same place in my rankings.

Skipping 27 Messages...
They have a steak and crab special now.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014