• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Super hot deal, I just picked one up for my AR... Shoot cheap .22lr out of your AR-15 with little effort. The CMMG conversion bolts cost around $150 for just a bolt and magazine!!

$266.95 + $2.99 shipping

http://www.ar15pro.com/item/511534_Chiapp_Barrels_Choke_Tubes_CP...

Description:
AR15 Pro offers Chiappa M4-22LR Complete Upper Receiver M4-22LR With 2-28 Rd. MKS .22 conversion allows you the opportunity to shoot inexpensive 22 rimfire ammunition for training or just for fun! The M4-22 Rimfire Conversion contains all the parts necessary to change your AR-15 / M-16 from itís existing caliber to the inexpensive .22LR rimfire cartridge.The conversion takes less than a minute and is achieved with no permanent alterations to your firearm. It can be quickly returned to itís original caliber. The M4-22 Conversion allows semi-auto .22LR fire in ANY milspec AR firearm platform. This is a complete upper with a barrel designed specifically for .22 LR ammunition, donít risk damaging your centerfire 5.56 barrel with lead bullets or settle for poor performance due to a fast twist rate.
The special includes the M4-22 conversion kit, a complete upper receiver assembly and (2) magazines with free shipping anywhere in the United States*. The conversion takes less than a minute to transform any milspec AR rifle / carbine to inexpensive .22 LR just by swapping the upper assembly.

CHIAPPA FIREARMS

M FOUR-22 RIMFIRE UPPER CONVERSION KIT

ēMil Spec sized .22 LR conversion kit for use w/AR-15/M-16 firearms ēKit features complete upper w/barrel designed specifically for .22 LR ammo &nbs
Chiappa Barrels & Choke Tubes
Chiappa M4-22LR-UPPER Receiver M4-22LR With 2-28 Rd
Product ID: 511534
UPC: 752334195005
MFG ID: M422LRUPPER

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
More info on the plum crazy lower please. Is that posted somewhere on the forum here? $390ish for a complete 22lr AR is ... (more)

lemonhead (Jun. 13, 2011 @ 12:25a) |

Just Google it. This is one case where a plum crazy lower makes a lot of sense.

Still, $400 is a lot to spend, IMO, for ... (more)

MaxRC (Jun. 15, 2011 @ 7:31p) |

Best deal was to get in on the S&W MP15-22 that Butcherboy listed on Saturday for $344. Only a handful of people got th... (more)

ricoscoro (Jun. 15, 2011 @ 9:05p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That is hot. Might as well get one.

I've had one of these uppers for about 2 years. It's a lot of fun and unlike a lot of .22 ARs, it actually runs! This is a great deal too, especially with the extra mag.

How does the cost of this compare to simply buying a whole .22 AR?

How is the accuracy? Is it good enough for squirrel hunting head shots?

Is the upper metal or plastic?

Is the barrel chrome lined?

Where can you get extra magazines? Never mind, I see you can get them on their site for $20.99 each plus shipping.

Any idea how this compares to the other kit at $301 here

That is one SMOKING hot deal. That is by far the cheapest price I have seen hands down. Been looking for one. THANKS OP!!!

faceplate66 said:   That is one SMOKING hot deal. That is by far the cheapest price I have seen hands down. Been looking for one. THANKS OP!!!

Nice Deal

I came so close to buying a CMMG .22LR Stainless Steel conversion bolt, Evolution series for about $200. Why would I want to do that when this deal is only $70 more? Anyone have experience with this brand or this actual kit (other than the post below)? How easy is it to clean being that .22LR is a dirty round? I read a few reviews but nothing substantial. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this, pun intended.

jkrmer said:   I came so close to buying a CMMG .22LR Stainless Steel conversion bolt, Evolution series for about $200. Why would I want to do that when this deal is only $70 more? Anyone have experience with this brand or this actual kit (other than the post below)? How easy is it to clean being that .22LR is a dirty round? I read a few reviews but nothing substantial. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this, pun intended.

I was about to buy a CMMG too, but this is so much better of a deal. Cleaning would be the same as if you used the CMMG bolt or this whole upper, the gun still needs cleaning either way. Regardless, I have seen good reviews, and if I don't like it, I can get my money back out of it easily.

any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

ricoscoro said:   any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

I just got a cheap red dot from leapers... I'm not going to go all out on this.
http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=optic&level1=&level...

And I bought some cheap knockoff Mapgul MBUS sights from DealExtreme $15/set instead of $100/set
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/magpul-mbus-gen-2-rear-back-up-sigh...

SaleHog said:   ricoscoro said:   any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

And I bought some cheap knockoff Mapgul MBUS sights from DealExtreme $15/set instead of $100/set

interesting, how do you order from Leapers? I can't even get a price to come up. I am using Internet Explorer.

I assume you will only be using the rear sight from the knockoff sights?

ricoscoro said:   SaleHog said:   ricoscoro said:   any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

interesting, how do you order from Leapers? I can't even get a price to come up. I am using Internet Explorer.

Sorry, I didn't get them from Leapers, that's just the one I got, and I was just linking to the manufacturer. I got the scope from opticsplanet.com. I'll keep both of the flip up sights on it, since they fold down into nothing.

SaleHog said:   ricoscoro said:   SaleHog said:   ricoscoro said:   any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

Sorry, I didn't get them from Leapers, that's just the one I got, and I was just linking to the manufacturer. I got the scope from opticsplanet.com. I'll keep both of the flip up sights on it, since they fold down into nothing.

Is it easy to remove the front sight on this Chiappa upper?

I didn't know it was removeable, that's why I was asking about only using the rear sight from the new sight set.

No, The front sight is not easy to remove without the proper tools. If you do remove it, you need to install a new gas block to replace it, and one that has the picatinny top.

SaleHog said:   ricoscoro said:   any recommendations on a rear sight or optics for this rig?

SaleHog,

How were the MBUS sights?

I see that DE also has a large selection of clone red dotS.

TIA

ccbadd said:   No, The front sight is not easy to remove without the proper tools. If you do remove it, you need to install a new gas block to replace it, and one that has the picatinny top.This Chaiappa .22 upper is a blowback design. It has no gas tube or gas port in the barrel, so there is no gas block. In fact, it doesn't even use the buffer spring in the AR buttstock.

ccbadd said:   No, The front sight is not easy to remove without the proper tools. If you do remove it, you need to install a new gas block to replace it, and one that has the picatinny top.

I guess my question is really can you use the Magpul type rear sight with the sight already on the upper receiver?

Seems like it would take some distance to compensate for the height on the front post sight. I just don't want a handle sight. Guess I need to get some optics.

Any strong opinions to get this receiver for plinking purposes vs. modifying an old Ruger 10/22 to be a plinker?

ricoscoro said:   Any strong opinions to get this receiver for plinking purposes vs. modifying an old Ruger 10/22 to be a plinker?

That probably depends on how you define "plinker". For me pretty much any stock or close to stock 1022 is the archetypical plinker as-is. Cheap, rugged, durable, shoot it, abuse it, neglect it, shoot it, enjoy it.

If you must have a ar pattern .22, this deal is probably the ideal way to go. Slap it on a $120 plumcrazy lower and you're good to go for around $400.

But then you could find a used 1022 for $150, pop it on a Tapco intrafuse stock and you're only out $230 for a tacticool looking .22 that will function just as well as this - plus you have a base that you can tweak and easily turn into a nail driver.

How much are magazines for 22LR? Because I have some 5.56mm USGI magazines from work for whenever I buy my AR15.

edit:

Did not know this upper was poly...

MaxMojo said:   ricoscoro said:   Any strong opinions to get this receiver for plinking purposes vs. modifying an old Ruger 10/22 to be a plinker?

That probably depends on how you define "plinker". For me pretty much any stock or close to stock 1022 is the archetypical plinker as-is. Cheap, rugged, durable, shoot it, abuse it, neglect it, shoot it, enjoy it.

If you must have a ar pattern .22, this deal is probably the ideal way to go. Slap it on a $120 plumcrazy lower and you're good to go for around $400.

But then you could find a used 1022 for $150, pop it on a Tapco intrafuse stock and you're only out $230 for a tacticool looking .22 that will function just as well as this - plus you have a base that you can tweak and easily turn into a nail driver.

You mention the Tapco Intrafuse stock for the Ruger 10/22. How about the Archangel stock (minus the hokey plastic muzzle cover and bayonet)?

MaxMojo said:   ricoscoro said:   Any strong opinions to get this receiver for plinking purposes vs. modifying an old Ruger 10/22 to be a plinker?

More info on the plum crazy lower please. Is that posted somewhere on the forum here? $390ish for a complete 22lr AR is at least a$100 cheaper than any retailer sells for and I've been contemplating running 22lr throughh my stock barrel for quite some time this would save me a big headache and expense later down the road

Just Google it. This is one case where a plum crazy lower makes a lot of sense.

Still, $400 is a lot to spend, IMO, for a 22LR rifle. This is just me though. I am interested in getting this upper to use with my existing lower, because $270 for shooting cheap 22LR ammo while using the same familiar lower actually makes a lot of sense.

With respect to sights, my recommendation is for a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot and the Leapers .83 inch mid profile 3 slot riser. This gives you reasonably proper co-witness, and the Leapers riser is *almost* a quick-release so its easy to move it from one upper to the next. The TRS-25 is a great red dot sight and some times go on sale for as low as $80.

Anyway, that's what I'd do.

Best deal was to get in on the S&W MP15-22 that Butcherboy listed on Saturday for $344. Only a handful of people got them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014