• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ZOJIRUSHI BB-CEC20-WB Home Bakery Supreme Breadmaker
The ZOJIRUSHI BB-CEC20-WB breadmaker bakes a large traditional rectangular shaped 2lb. loaf of bread, and has menu courses for a variety of other cooking needs including cake, dough, sourdough starter, jam and even meatloaf. Also, the exclusive Home Made Menu function allows adjustments to the knead, rise and bake time for added versatility. Other features include a nonstick baking pan for easy cleaning and durable interior and exterior for extended use.
The black and stainless one is now sold out as of 6/5. Thank you to MisterGadget for that update. link
4.5 stars @ Amazon
Current AVG. price I've found is around $240.
mmmm....bread.

edit: (Amazon just lowered their price from $230 to $180 with free standard (3-5 day)or 2 day with Prime Shipping...)

Member Summary

Zojirushi BB-CEC20
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
All sold out at Newegg. Amazon still reflects sale price, though. Text

ricechex (Jun. 06, 2011 @ 6:19a) |

Back up to $223 at Amazon

BenDB (Jun. 06, 2011 @ 11:55a) |

back to $180 at Newegg and Amazon

taf (Jun. 11, 2011 @ 10:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You're better off getting a normal bread machine for less than $100 and shaping and baking it yourself. The bread machine is good for the mixing and kneading though.

Does anyone know of a bread machine that is teflon free?

This is excellent bread machine. I've purchased it couple months ago and it works perfect.

Craigslist is a good place to get a deal on a used bread machine.

My sister in law has this and loves, loves, loves hers. Because of the rectangular shape of the bread,the Z has two mixing paddles to mix the flour. Upright loaf machines usually only have one. If you love the brand, and love loaf shape, it's a good deal.

A while ago, I purchased a Sunbeam 5891 2-Pound Programmable Breadmaker for $39.95 FS during an eBay blast, works fantastic.
Went on a cross country trip this winter,missed my fresh bread and bought an Oster 2 lb. Express Bake Bread Maker for $39.95 @ a Tuesday Morning BM store. Works as great as the Sunbeam.
It's so easy to make bread, everyone we visited had fresh bread with our meals. From start to finish, most breads take 3 hrs. Pizza dough about an hour.

I've tried other brands, and seen many on Craig's List and in thrift stores. Not all bread makers work great. Check reviews before buying.

Note: Newegg charges tax in states that have sales tax.

As OP stated, Amazon has it for the same price (no tax) and
$179.99 & this item ships for FREE with regular Super Saver Shipping (not Prime)

I just bought this for a similar price on Amazon during their Zoji memorial day sale... same time when their rice cookers were on sale. I had it on a camel3 watch-- the price dips from ~220 down to 180 every few months+, haven't seen it lower.

Excellent machine! I have had it for 3 days and have made 3 different breads... honey white, wheat w. dried apples, and baguettes using the "dough only" cycle and baking in the oven/on a stone/on baguette pans). I love it, and the rectangular loaves are very attractive-- perfect for packing lunches with. I do like having that top "crust" on the bread, and the machine looks good on the counter next to my other stainless/black appliances (takes up a lot of counterspace, but I'm keeping it topside.) I'm very happy with the quality of the build and the loaves it produces, esp. since I'm a rank beginner at baking (worse-- all my by-hand baking attempts have failed miserably).

oscill8 said:   I just bought this for a similar price on Amazon during their Zoji memorial day sale... same time when their rice cookers were on sale. I had it on a camel3 watch-- the price dips from ~220 down to 180 every few months+, haven't seen it lower.

Excellent machine! I have had it for 3 days and have made 3 different breads... honey white, wheat w. dried apples, and baguettes using the "dough only" cycle and baking in the oven/on a stone/on baguette pans). I love it, and the rectangular loaves are very attractive-- perfect for packing lunches with. I do like having that top "crust" on the bread, and the machine looks good on the counter next to my other stainless/black appliances (takes up a lot of counterspace, but I'm keeping it topside.) I'm very happy with the quality of the build and the loaves it produces, esp. since I'm a rank beginner at baking (worse-- all my by-hand baking attempts have failed miserably).

I sent you a couple recipes via fatwallet private message.

Also...what is "camel3 watch" ? Did a search, couldn't come up with anything that made sense. Thanks!

CherylMASS said:   

Also...what is "camel3 watch" ? Did a search, couldn't come up with anything that made sense. Thanks!

I believe that's camelcamelcamel.com - a price tracker for Amazon

Try PMing at Kohl's. You can save an extra 15% (but still pay tax).
http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstore/product_page.jsp?PRODUCT%3...

I am tempted to buy this one from Kohl's, because I can get extra savings from there. So my question is for those who own this (or any other breadmaker), how does the price of a loaf compare to:
- bakery bread
- packaged bread
Thanks!

in4two said:   CherylMASS said:   

I believe that's camelcamelcamel.com - a price tracker for Amazon

Thanks I installed it, hope it works with "Invisable Hand".

How do you do a price match for Kohls? Online or in store?

pureallspice said:   Does anyone know of a bread machine that is teflon free?Why do you care? Unless you heat it to high temperatures (over 450 degrees), it is very, very, non-toxic.

Excellent bread machine. Had one for five+ years (early model of this same design. Yes, lower-priced bread machines, and some good ones were mentioned above, are very good. But this is just a step better.

pureallspice said:   How do you do a price match for Kohls? Online or in store?- Print out the ad, take it to the store, show it to the cashier along with your discount pass/code/voucher, and pay the reduced price.
- Have the web info and discount code ready, call Kohls.com before or after placing order, pay reduced price, or have price adjusted/refund applied.

Easy as pie.

aarzi said:   pureallspice said:   How do you do a price match for Kohls? Online or in store?- Print out the ad, take it to the store, show it to the cashier along with your discount pass/code/voucher, and pay the reduced price.
- Have the web info and discount code ready, call Kohls.com before or after placing order, pay reduced price, or have price adjusted/refund applied.

Easy as pie.

Thank you : )

Hey as long a we're boasting, I got mine in '97, same basic design though. It's still going strong but I only make 10 to 20 loafs a year.

We've gotten a great deal on this through Kohls before.
It's currently showing $253 for the Zojirushi« Supreme Breadmaker.
They have the 30% off code coming up soon. That brings it down $75.90 to $177.
Also, they offer the $10 Kohls Gift Card for every $50 spent, so this would give you a $30 Kohls Gift Card.
So, if you don't mind buying $30 for more Kohls merchandise, the price would be $147.
The sales tax would probably be on the $177 and in CA. that would add around $16.30.
With free shipping, that would bring the net amount to around $163.
The returns are easy at Kohls if you have a store near you...
As you know, many times online returns are a hassle and sometimes costs as well.

By the way, we love this breadmaker. It's easy to use and makes great homemade breads.
We don't have experience with the less expensive breadmakers, and this is our first breadmaker.

Or you can PM at Kohl's - 15% = $153 - $30 KCash = $123 + tax on $153.

Or if you're lucky, - 30% = $126 - $20 KCash = $106 + tax on $126.

when does that Kohls sale go on?

It doesn't! You need to PM (price-match) this ad at Kohl's to get the discount. For 30%, you need to wait until the 8th, plus have good luck; otherwise it will be 15% now, or then.

I called Kohls and they would not price match with Amazon or Newegg

Try again at a different time, and with Newegg only. PMing with Amazon is always dicey.

Dear OP,

Your second link to the "black & stainless" one is no longer valid. Newegg shows this item as DEACTIVATED. Thought you might want to update.

Peace.

Sorry message double posted. Edited out.

Done.
Thank you, sir!

ricechex said:   Done.
Thank you, sir!

You are most welcome and I thank you for following your post and willing to update! Hundreds of expired deals I come across while shopping.

Have a good week!

Peace.

Mistergadget

All sold out at Newegg. Amazon still reflects sale price, though. Text

Back up to $223 at Amazon

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014