• 1 234520
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hey Guys,

Been looking for internet deals for the longest time and just came by this one on SD.

its $19.99/month for 1 year with a 1 year contract for performance internet with comcast which is 15mbps down and 3mbps up. Also has a $29 activation fee that I could not get waived...

Call 877-298-0903

Tell them you are calling about the 19.99 offer you received in the mail

Sign up...and boom! Contract is only for 1 year, and after that the price goes up to $45/month at which point u call Comcast retentions and get it back down to the $20 range

I'm in San Jose, CA but I've seen this work for other locations as well...

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I was PAYING for lifeline TV and didn't mind doing it for clear QAM HD locals that I could easily receive on my 4 TV's. ... (more)

Narcosis (Dec. 20, 2013 @ 12:59p) |

Don't know about lifeline, but Limited Basic customers can get 3 HD DTAs for free, at least for now.

c3 (Dec. 20, 2013 @ 1:18p) |

This was a fraud! They started charging $29.99 after six months of internet service instead of after one year and when I... (more)

love4money (Jan. 26, 2014 @ 4:42p) |

DEAL OFFER AREA(S) ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME
(deal was only offered to West Coast residents July-August, but is now being offered again in Midwest and East Coast)

The contract *should* be for one year. The first year is at $19.99/month and the second year's rate being offered may vary ($29.99/month, $34.99/month, etc.). Installation fees being offered also may vary. Comcast has a 30-day money-back guarantee, though; cancel within the first 30 days of installation, and there is no early termination fee.

After signing up via 877-298-0903, make sure to call 800-COMCAST or use Live Chat and ask them to verify the terms of your contract. 877-298-0903 is the number for a 3rd party sales team that Comcast presumably contracted, and some of them are unscrupulous and/or incompetent (not to suggest that Comcast itself isn't).
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I signed up for $19.99/month for 1 year in northern CA at the local Comcast store (new customer). It is for performance internet, and I get 22 down with a SB6120 modem.

The first month did have an extra 10 dollar fee that customer service removed after I called in.

do u need TV service for this deal?

nope..internet only...no other service is required

Is it only for new customer?

their website state something else for $19.99 but lets give a try

Do you need the TV service?

Do you need the TV service?

Whoops I just saw the answer I was looking for. This is awesome. Contract?

Never mind again. Man I really need to read things atleast twice for me to get the answers I want.

Damn, and I just signed up for 1 yr at $29.99 a month. Any idea if current customers could get their rates lowered?

krazyrunner86 said:   Damn, and I just signed up for 1 yr at $29.99 a month. Any idea if current customers could get their rates lowered?

At worst cancel take the $75 hit and end up saving $110 assuming you're one month into the contract.

More detail please. Comcast have never required contract before for any promo. Do you have a scan of this offer?

Guyz.. I called comcast and they told me to forward the email of $19.99 offer. Could any of you guyz forward that to mani1840@mail.com

called and told me it i s$59.99 for 12 months and $200 install fee!

I dont have a scan of the offer...i just called the number and the first words out of the reps mouth were "Hi thanks for calling comcast, are you calling in regards to the flier you received in the mail?" and i said "yes, looking to get the 19.99/month for a year promo on a 1 year contract" and then he set me up...

not sure if this will work for existing customers....i am a new customer

the guy is coming for the "install" on saturday, ill shoot u guys the paperwork with the plan details on it then, if you need to provide proof to comcast..but rest assured it does exist.

are you guys calling the number i provided?? Make sure you call 877-298-0903 and NOT 1800 COMCAST...when i called comcasts direct line, i didnt get it either, you have to call 877-298-0903

not available in maryland.. unless they are not offering it to me since I already have the 29.99 package.

I was offered the same price locally by a Charter agent, for 3 Mbps at $19.99, no contract, no other fees.

this is in So. Calif, btw.

tuan2 said:   krazyrunner86 said:   Damn, and I just signed up for 1 yr at $29.99 a month. Any idea if current customers could get their rates lowered?

At worst cancel take the $75 hit and end up saving $110 assuming you're one month into the contract.

Early termination fee AND activation fee. Probably not worth the hassle.

Here is my bet:

1) You MUST be a new customer. They don't care about current customers. In Atlanta, they required the service to be off for 7 days at my address before I could even switch to another person's name.

2) You will never get them to go to this price as a retention package. I've had them just cancel on me before for even threatening, but never go down to this offer price. I did get them to go from $70 a month for super high speed to $40 a month just by asking.

In middle TN, only offer is $29.99 for 6 months

in IL, only offer is $29.99 for 6 months

bigbelly said:   I signed up for $19.99/month for 1 year in northern CA at the local Comcast store (new customer). It is for performance internet, and I get 22 down with a SB6120 modem.

The first month did have an extra 10 dollar fee that customer service removed after I called in.

22 down for like... the first 50 MB am I right? Try testing sustained DL. I also have this package, signed up almost a year ago and will be renewing soon at that rate, or going w/ their 34.99 for 2nd year, or moving on if i find a better deal. But just to be clear, It is consistently around 12Mbps down for me; also in N. Cali. Speed tests are useless in determining sustained download speeds.

Oh, I have an older DOCSIS 2 Dlink modem, but this isn't the limiting factor. Docsis 3 is overkill for these speeds.

xfinity said:   i know this guys who works for comcast in sales. he got me hooked up with $19 and im getting 20mbps down 4.2 up. pm me or email me and i will let him know nipsta@gmail.com

same package, same price as OP. there's no 19, it's 19.99.

AcidSpectrum said:   I was offered the same price locally by a Charter agent, for 3 Mbps at $19.99, no contract, no other fees. This is in So. Calif, btw.

I've been on Charter's 1MB/$20 for the longest, and just signed up for 12MB/$30 (for 6 mo). Of course the rep made no mention of the 3MB/$20 promo.

No go in Delaware. He said this is only for new customers. Bummer

Rep is telling me 2 year contract, 19.99 1st year, 34.99 second year, 59.95 after that.

Which is still not bad compared to the $40 6M DSL I'm paying now.

I had same thing, rep asked am I calling about email for 19.99? It's only for new customers though.

flipr said:   In middle TN, only offer is $29.99 for 6 months

I'm in middle TN (Nashville area) and just got in on $19.99/month about a week ago. Clearly these "deals" are very YMMV.

WOOHOO!! Thanks OP. I got in on this almost exactly as described. $19.99 a month for a year with a one year contract. $34.99 a month after that month to month. That is WAY less than the regular price. The only difference was a $50 installation. I didn't even try to talk her down. I was a Comcast customer 5 months ago so I qualified. I think you have to be away for 4 months. Thank you so much. You just saved me a ton of money.

sailwind said:   Rep is telling me 2 year contract, 19.99 1st year, 34.99 second year, 59.95 after that.

Which is still not bad compared to the $40 6M DSL I'm paying now.
that's actually a 1 year contract, but two year price lock of sorts.

BTW, to those paying install fees. I couldn't talk 'em out of it either. Until I realized some here weren't paying it and being offered self install, so I baulked, as the guy that came out really didn't have to do anything, it was already provisioned/hooked up. They then removed the felonious install fee because I was told there was no other option (when in fact there is).

let me find out...!!!

Has anybody in FL got this deal? I called the # OP has provided and they say my address is not in their billing system but 1-800-comcast is able to find one since I was a customer 4yrs ago.

I called to change my service in NorCal from "Performance Blast," for which I'm paying an already discounted $49.95, to this $19.99 deal, but they informed me that because that would be a downgrade, I'm not eligible.

I called the 877-298-0903 number and was told I had to cancel my current service first at the 800-comcast. I called the 800-comcast and was told I had to wait 6 months before I can sign up as a new subscriber if I cancel. The rep was able to hook me up with a $29.99/month performance service with basic cable for $40 something odd dollars/month for a year. I was paying about $57/month prior for the same services. Thanks OP!

Doesn't work for current customers

They wanted to run a credit check on me and confirmed it would be a hard pull. Is this standard for comcast? I signed up less than a year ago and definitely did not get any sort of hard pull.

Thanks for the tip. Just called Comcast today switched from AT&T. I had to talked to 3 Comcast agent to lock me in. Each 1 with different rates. Finally they locked me up $19.99 for 1 year. $34.99 afterwards, plus $25 installation fee. I just need to buy a new compatible modem. But, I'm still in doubt when she told me there will be no limit in data usage per month which is normally do limit 250G with u-verse AT&T/Comcast with fees. At Comcast web site clearly says 250G per month. Can i trust her?. Any suggestions

Ask some one living with you to open a new account with comcast. Since, this offer are for new customers only. Problem solved.

Skipping 722 Messages...
This was a fraud! They started charging $29.99 after six months of internet service instead of after one year and when I called them it was my word against theirs. I am waiting for a class action lawsuit that might happen against these crooks.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014