• 19 10 11121320
  • Page
  • Text Only
hakujin said:   I just want to give anyone that might be thinking of choosing Comcast HSI a head's up that, if you got in on this deal when they were offering $34.99 for the 2nd year, they may fight you tooth and nail to honor it, as they are doing with me.

Apparently, this promo ($19.99 mo 1-12/$34.99 13-24) no longer exists in their system's database and even when provided proof of their promo (e.g. a letter they may have sent acknowledging the terms of service) they ostensibly cannot re-apply a promo which no longer exists in their system, either due to revenue retention (i.e. greed), incompetence, or both.

If you don't have a letter, they will either treat you like a liar, ignore you, or both, and continue charging the full standard rate for $60.

I was already resolute on leaving Comcast at the end of this promotional period as I don't care for their 15Mbps tier if it will cost me $60/mo (speed doesn't seem particularly important when they cap monthly data albeit an entirely different topic), but now I'm even questioning the 2nd year due to this drama. The ONLY reason I'm not already signed up on ATT for $19.99/mo (6Mbps) is because of my proximity to broadcast television towers and HOA rules which may forbid an unsightly, exterior ATSC antenna on mast. Since Comcast offers free HD broadcast (and then some), it makes them worth a slight to moderate inconvenience, but I have my limits. I could always take them to arbitration and easily win, but is it really worth the effort when I can get DSL HSI for $19.99/mo flat, w/o drama, probably not!

my .02, caveat emptor!

Thank you for the update, I'll keep the original letter I've gotten from Comcast in case the decide to change the deal.

smart man.

karisuma said:   OK, after over 5 hours on the phone trying to get them to fix their mistake (recap: they signed me up for $29.99 instead), I finally got it, with a few perks. I got $19.99/month for 1 yr, $34.99/month for 2nd year, Performance package -- standard. But with no contract (yay), and they brought the installation fee down to $20. I would definitely rather have them just do it right the first time without the additional perks, but I'm glad it's finally settled.

I have the same problem. I havent called yet. when i signed up it was suppose to be the 19.99 for 12mon no contract, Im supprised today to see that the bill came to 29.99 with $50 installation fee? just curious why it took 5 hours and did you have to speak to a supervisor to fix the problem?

thanks

that doesn't sound like any 'perk'. $20 BS fee, and no contract is meaningless when it's the best price for performance in town and they already stole 5 hours of your life.

'effin comcast...

Btw, my problem has been solved, I finally was able to contact a very competent and professional store manager who knows something about how to treat a jaded customer, and she got 'er done! 29.99 for year 2 and waived the erroneous standard rate charge.

I empathize to others that have this happen.

hey guys, Im in San Jose, I tried to get this deal and they said its only $14.99 and Blast package is $10 more at $24.99, does that sound legit? They don't have a 19.99 package...I signed up for it but worry its too good to be true.

Kind of concerned, how to double check, call comcast with Account number?

Worried its their crappy economy 1.5 MBs service...

webdoctors said:   hey guys, Im in San Jose, I tried to get this deal and they said its only $14.99 and Blast package is $10 more at $24.99, does that sound legit? They don't have a 19.99 package...I signed up for it but worry its too good to be true.

Kind of concerned, how to double check, call comcast with Account number?

Worried its their crappy economy 1.5 MBs service...

The $14.99 deal probably is the slow crappy deal, but the $24.99 might really be the Performance (and should be, since most are getting that for the $19.99 deal). The $19.99 could be over. I signed up around August 29 or 30th and got $19.99 for a year. Since you already signed up, you can call Comcast within 1-2 hours (possibly immediately) and they should be able to find you in their system.

Make sure if you're doing self install that you work with Comcast to get them to remove the installation charge. No fee is necessary for self-install, especially if you don't even need the kit you can pickup from Comcast (just some wires, instructions and a splitter). Self-install is basically...if the wires to your home are already all hooked up, just hook up the cable modem, make sure it can acquire and lock a signal, then call Comcast internet tech support and give them the MAC ID. 10 minutes on the phone with the tech and you should be good to go.

DirtCheapDad said:   

The $14.99 deal probably is the slow crappy deal, but the $24.99 might really be the Performance (and should be, since most are getting that for the $19.99 deal). The $19.99 could be over. I signed up around August 29 or 30th and got $19.99 for a year. Since you already signed up, you can call Comcast within 1-2 hours (possibly immediately) and they should be able to find you in their system.

Make sure if you're doing self install that you work with Comcast to get them to remove the installation charge. No fee is necessary for self-install, especially if you don't even need the kit you can pickup from Comcast (just some wires, instructions and a splitter). Self-install is basically...if the wires to your home are already all hooked up, just hook up the cable modem, make sure it can acquire and lock a signal, then call Comcast internet tech support and give them the MAC ID. 10 minutes on the phone with the tech and you should be good to go.

But if your line had been disconnected, you'll probably need them to come and remove the trap on the line. That's what happened to me. I tried to hook up the modem and called them, but they can't get a signal from my modem. So they sent a tech to my house and removed something(trap) on the line up on the telephone pole outside my house.

I got it activated today (signed up 2 wks ago). Tech came out and messed around outside and inside - line already exists just need activation. Still took over an hour. Speed is 18 Mps down/3 up.

The frustration for me even now is the price changes depending on who I talk to. Of course Comcast hasn't send anything to me spelling out my terms so I'm at their mercy. Here are the diff versions I've gotten.

What I signed up for was:
29 Install / 19.95-YR 1 / 34.95-YR 2 / 59.95-YR 3 and after

I called 2x to verify above before activation.

Today, I asked the tech to show me what's on record for my account and he showed me what the dispatcher sent him:
49.95 Install / 19.95-YR 1 / 39.95-YR 2 & not sure what's the price for YR 3

Tech said he'll put in a note to credit me $20 for the installation.

It's like a battle to get Comcast to honor their own price.
_________
Someone else mentioned getting TV channels over their HSI line with QAM tunner. I only got fussy analog local channels and a decent analog History Channel. I lucked out 2 yrs ago when I signed up Comcast for the first time. I got analog cable TV (Food Network, Travel, History, HGTV, USA, etc.) and also digital local channels for about 8-9 months. Then out of the blue the channels stopped coming through except for what I'm getting now with this new activation. Wonder if they had someone come out and put a filter on my line.

I'm in san jose, just called the 1-877 number, was told this promo: $19.99 mo 1-12/$34.99 13-24 for performance internet with a 2-year contract, installation fee can be lowered to $25 (initially was $50).
Don't like the 2yr contract, anyone can get a 1yr contract?

pretty sure everyone got a 1 yr. contract. read the fine print of your deal, they should send something in the mail. It's probably 1 year, as they usually like to forget about any promotions you may have around the 12 month mark anyhow.

Best I could get, existing internet subscriber changing address of service.

No Contract
$29.99/month for 6 months then,
$34.99/month for 6 months. (I am paying $44.95/month now)
Ubee modem, free after rebate
Performance 15Mbps/3Mbps with PowerBoost
$25 installation fee

olouie said:   Beware my first year came and suddenly comcast has no record of the second yearn for $34.99

Same situation here. They have somehow 'lost' all details of the second year promo.

They say its not valid in IL.

I just called that # today and the 1st thing he said was, are you calling about the Comcast internet deal you received.

We've had DSL with ATT forever in Sunnyvale, CA, signed up for the $19.99/month for 15 DOWN and 3 UP speed. I asked if there were any other fees and he said NO. I'm going to do a Live Chat with actual Comcast before my Appt time of Wednesday afternoon and verify the deal I got...

I bought a new SB5101U Motorola Surfboard modem Docsis 2.0 from Amazon for $48, ordered 9/28 and delivered this morning at 7:30 AM with their FREE delivery!

We also got a DEAL on a new Cisco/Linksys E2500 Dual-Band N Router.

Anything special I need to do or have the install guy do, to hook this up to the modem?!

geoffkin said:   I bought a new SB5101U Motorola Surfboard modem Docsis 2.0 from Amazon.
We also got a DEAL on a new Cisco/Linksys E2500 Dual-Band N Router.
Anything special I need to do or have the install guy do, to hook this up to the modem?!

Just be aware that MOST Comcast installers want to run a NEW RG6 drop from the street to the room where the cable modem is going to be.

We will see if my installer changes his mind when he see its 180-feet from the box to my cable modem, but I planned for it by locating where he could come in with a new cable in the unfinished part of the basement up to the existing wall jack that I don't currently use.

bill
Disclaimer
Here is my 1st bill (activated on Oct 1. Install was 29.95, and each month Performance HSI was 19.99.

Did a live chat with Comcast tonight and copied it down for future use. I'm signed up for Performance Net 19.99 for the 1st year, 34.99 the 2nd year. They gave me $25 setup/activation fee automatically.

Tech came on time and hooked me up in 20 minutes! SO worth the $25 pro install!

Back in this thread, someone said you have to give Comcast your router's MAC Address. This isn't so, they only needed the cable modem's MAC Address and it's good to go. My router is all hooked up and I just ran Speedtests, I'm getting 25.4 DOWN and 4.1 UP! WAY faster than our old DSL for WAY less $$$!

THANKS OP!!!!!!

geoffkin said:   Tech came on time and hooked me up in 20 minutes! SO worth the $25 pro install!

Back in this thread, someone said you have to give Comcast your router's MAC Address. This isn't so, they only needed the cable modem's MAC Address and it's good to go. My router is all hooked up and I just ran Speedtests, I'm getting 25.4 DOWN and 4.1 UP! WAY faster than our old DSL for WAY less $$$!

THANKS OP!!!!!!

Don't get too exclamation pointy... usually after a day or so they have you dialed down to the speeds you are subscribed at. For instance, I just set up Cox service in my area. My first two days were 35Mbps down 4mbps up... a month later, it's 9mpbs down and 4mbps up.

How do you get the special deal through live chat? Where do I do that?

Biggiesized said:   How do you get the special deal through live chat? Where do I do that?

Xfinity chat--google it

If you're a new customer, tell them that you know someone who has comcast for 19.99/month for 6 - 12, or whatever. Usually they'll give you 6 months, but you could get lucky. Say something like "your competitor is having some great deals, what kind of deals do you have", or something like that.

If you're a current customer and your bill have just gone up, say you're looking to lower your bill and ask if they have any deals. Say you've been a loyal customer for so and so years, and you're thinking of switching because their competitors are having great deals.

I was shot down
I am moving into an apartment in Sunnyvale, and was offered the $19.99 for 12 months, but when signing-up, the CSR said that there is an existing connection at the apartment, so the best she can offer is $29.99 for 6 months.. She asked me to call back once the current tenant disconnects service at that apartment, then she can give a better deal.

called the number and person on the phone said the offer had expired. I live near Seattle. best I could get was 6 months at $19.95 with $25 install.

abien123 said:   Thanks for the tip. Just called Comcast today switched from AT&T. I had to talked to 3 Comcast agent to lock me in. Each 1 with different rates. Finally they locked me up $19.99 for 1 year. $34.99 afterwards, plus $25 installation fee. I just need to buy a new compatible modem. But, I'm still in doubt when she told me there will be no limit in data usage per month which is normally do limit 250G with u-verse AT&T/Comcast with fees. At Comcast web site clearly says 250G per month. Can i trust her?. Any suggestions

No you can't trust her, their TOS clearly states the limits of your use per month, what they call unlimited is a word play designed to make you think what your thinking.

I just have my internet today for $19.99 a month for 12 months with $24.99 installation fee. I bought one cable modem (which saved you $5-$7 a month for rent one from Comcast) and also wireless router for $35 on craigslist. I lived in Northern Virginia.

Anyone else experienced the 7-day holdover?

I have a horrible price currently and need to switch. Considering doing something like this, but don't want to be without service for 7 days. So I just call and say new customer? When do you tell them you have service at your house but want to switch?

I was only able to get $19.99 for 6 months, no contract with $25 installation fee in Sunnyvale, CA

Did you want 6 months with no contract? Or would you rather have 12 months at $20 with contract? LOL

Did you do it directly thru Comcast or did you call the phone # in the OP?

If you get the 6 month, the price will jump significantly on month #7. My monthly rate jumped to $45 last time I did a promo like this, then I talked it down to $40. So you'd have to make sure to have another place to switch to.

maxax said:   Biggiesized said:   How do you get the special deal through live chat? Where do I do that?

Xfinity chat--google it

https://www.comcastsupport.com/ChatEntry/

^Is that it? Seems to be directed towards troubleshooting issues, not negotiating new business.

I called today, new to comcast, got $19.99 performance for 12/mo. Will verify with comcast tomorrow. They are supposed to install Sunday. Was quoted $25 install.

You DON'T get this special deal thru any live chat. You CALL the # listed...

I called the number in OP multiple times. They told me that the promotion had expired and the best they could do was offer $20 for six months.

Got mine installed yesterday. He said they had to install near where the power meter is on the side of the house. Installer must have initially misunderstood me as he had unrolled over 450ft of cable to go around the house.

Ended up having him use 100ft of cable, and having Comcast come back and fish it under the driveway.
Got a 10-foot of 1/2" PVC in the meantime to protect it running accross the drive.

Good thing, as I have a marginal signal with just the 100ft.

Getting great speeds though, always over 4/12mbs...

Called 10/14, San Jose, CA. new customer. offered 6 months @19.99 for performance, I declined, noted letter said 12 months. CSR said "Have a nice day".

ed: and probably took a hard pull for my effort.

Wow, sounds like 12 month @ $20/month is dead now. I got in on it just in time. Thanks again OP!

Wow, yeah that's really odd. They people were shady though. First time I called she "had computer problems" after 30mins on the phone and lost all my data. I'm scheduled for install Sunday still, comcast verified today via phone call.

SpuTTer916 said:   Wow, yeah that's really odd. They people were shady though. First time I called she "had computer problems" after 30mins on the phone and lost all my data. I'm scheduled for install Sunday still, comcast verified today via phone call.
You can verify by calling the generic 1800COMCAST # and have the phone rep tell you what you signed up for. I got my contract that specifically list out my rate for 1st year / 2nd year (19.99 / 34.99) but not until 2 weeks or so after activating.

I got the $20/month package after tons of calling in Santa Clara, CA but Comcast charged me $15 for a self install kit. I didn't know until I got the bill, when I pickedup the kit in the store they never mentioned it. Shocked a piece of coaxial cable costs $15....

I signed up October 6th, so I guess the promotion expired last week judging by the new posts by folks getting rejected?

richardyc said:   just got a flyer in the mail for 12months @19.99, 1yr contract, 2nd year is $34.99 deal...from the wording, it is targeted flyer for people that switched from cable to DSL....it's a 866 toll free # or goto xfinity.com, and of course xfinity.com doesn't have this deal... I will call tomorrow to see if I can get on the deal. My DSL is ok at 3mb for $15/month, wouldn't mind pay a few bucks more to get 15mb. I am in the east coast, Massachusetts.

called the 866 # for the 2nd time on the 6th, since the first time the rep couldn't find this deal in their computer, it was just a big waste of time. The 2nd time was a lot better, this time the rep knew about this deal, but told me it was over the week before, but I told him the deal is good until the 10th according to my flyer. So he just took my words for it and got me the deal. Because this deal was to expire on the 10th Monday, he had to activate my account and started the billing right away, but they won't be able to send a tech out to turn the service back on until Monday. I'd just have to call and ask for 3days worth of credit, and he didn't charge me any installation fee for sending the tech out. I just got the first month bill few days ago, and there is a $1.99 change of service fee on it, which I will ask to remove along with my 3days worth of credit because I should be considered as a new customer, so this is not a change of service. All in all, this is too smooth and scary, knowing Comcast always screws something up somewhere, so when I call them for the credits, I will make sure I did get this deal for 12months, not just 6 months that they are currently running on their website.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014