• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Received a coupon in mail. Looks like the deal is available in store and online.
Seems to have good reviews.
Linky

Harbor Freight Tools
See Harbor Freight Tools promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

multimeter
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Actual meter for this deal
Thanks ScooberDiver
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Got my attention after seeing the meter in the quick summary - no it's not that meter. Nope, just the same meter that HF unloads by the millions. They work fine for casual use.

When I enter the promo code, nothing changes. No error. All looks the same.

I've bought a number of these (5?) and had mostly good results, but I recommend getting one from the retail store and show up with a known resistor and before you leave, measure the AC in one of the store power outlets + measure DC on your car battery and measure that resistor.
Most of the units I've bought are fine, and actually measured very close to true voltages etc, but one didn't read resistance at all and a friend's was a dud.

Coupon is dead.

I added a picture of the actual meter. That picture from BMWLVR82 is from Wikipedia. I think people want a picture of the item being sold.

Coupon
Disclaimer
You can't use METERPROMO in store, you need to use this one:

Picked one up yesterday...cheap, but does the job...everyone needs at least 3 of these meters to gift out to family members and friends who want to borrow your good multimeter...

Buy Good Tools to Get Good Results

ScooberDiver said:   Most of the units I've bought are fine, and actually measured very close to true voltages etc, but one didn't read resistance at all and a friend's was a dud.I tested with some 1% precision resistors, and they all read within 1% with every meter tested. DC voltage accuracy was well within 1%.

The only defects I've found:

1) One of the test leads pulled out easily, a hazard when measuring high voltage. I applied glue and pressed it back in, and the lead has stayed in, ever since.

2) The leads plug into a tiny circuit board attached to the main board through nothing but blobs of solder that can crack from stress. With most of these meters, at least one solder blob will be shiney on one side, dull on the other, indicating mechanical stress. Bridging this solder with copper wires will help.

Similar coupons for these meters can be found in the weekend ad insert in the Wall Street Journal and issues of Road & Track, Car & Driver, Automobile (but not Motor Trend or AW -- min. $9.95 or $19.95 purchase required), and Playboy.

Tried to place the order again today but coupons are still not accepted and now all my items are on BACKORDER. So, had to place the order by phone because the coupons are not accepted by web even when they say they can be.

Clothing is not taxed in my state, but these people charge sales tax. Argggh!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014