Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale $5.00
Borderlands $5 / Four Pack $15 / DLC $2.50 Each
Dark Fall: Lost Souls $10
Back to the Future: The Game $12.49
Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition $26.79
Magicka Complete Pack $16.74
Valve Complete Pack $50
and Many More

Will add more when the sale site can catch a breath.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Duke Nukem Forever $24.99 on Steam today. I thought they'd try to keep it at $44.99 for quite a long time.

Also Garry's ... (more)

rendition (Jul. 09, 2011 @ 2:21p) |

last day of the sale, theres a couple games/packs i own and have played a lot that probably won't be this cheap again un... (more)

psychokids (Jul. 10, 2011 @ 3:20p) |

Bummer...was hoping Torchlight would go on 75% off again. Oh well..snagged it for $7.50. Still a good deal.

Jesteraron (Jul. 10, 2011 @ 5:57p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can browse, somewhat painfully, for sales by the link:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?specials=1

Some of the "Specials" listed are pre-orders, and other not-summer-sale items, but you quickly see Portal 2 at 30%-off sale, for instance.

EDIT: Vastly more useful links:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/summer2011_publishers

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Summer2011Packs

yay, but boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

bought stuff only a week ago and overpaid by half....WTH steam?!

they don't bother to announce it at all

(I'm assuming they are not in any way lenient like Amazon when it comes to things like this, correct?)

lordoffire said:   yay, but boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

they don't bother to announce it at all

(I'm assuming they are not in any way lenient like Amazon when it comes to things like this, correct?)

if you don't like seeing games sell for less than you paid for them then you just kinda have to wait either for these big sales (2-3 per year) or for the game you want to show up on a weekday/weekend sale.

psychokids said:   if you don't like seeing games sell for less than you paid for them then you just kinda have to wait either for these big sales (2-3 per year) or for the game you want to show up on a weekday/weekend sale.

I've been checking virtually every day for the last month. There are some games that NEVER go on sale.

I was waiting for the sale to start, but there was absolutely no mention of it anywhere. If I'd known the price would be cut in half a week later, I certainly would have waited.

lordoffire said:   (I'm assuming they are not in any way lenient like Amazon when it comes to things like this, correct?)
Correct.

For the same reason, DON'T buy any game that isn't a Daily Deal during the Summer Sale until the last day. If you buy it 50% off on a Summer-Sale-long deal, and then the next day, the same item is 75% off on the Daily Deal, you don't get the difference.

So, keep track of the sales you're interested in, but wait until the very last day of the Daily Deals before buying anything!

@lordoffire I was on the road and tried to buy l4d2 on sale a few weeks ago, but Steam's mobile site wouldn't let me scroll down a list of states to choose my correct state. I went online and paid double on eBay the next day to the loss of Valve. If they can't be bothered to notify people, it's to their loss.

lordoffire said:   psychokids said:   if you don't like seeing games sell for less than you paid for them then you just kinda have to wait either for these big sales (2-3 per year) or for the game you want to show up on a weekday/weekend sale.

I've been checking virtually every day for the last month. There are some games that NEVER go on sale.

I was waiting for the sale to start, but there was absolutely no mention of it anywhere. If I'd known the price would be cut in half a week later, I certainly would have waited.

Yeah that's just kinda how they do it; start the sales without any warning. Otherwise I assume sales would drop way off as everyone waited.

For future reference they seem to have a sale or two in the thanksgiving-new years range, and then another around now. Last year it was memorial day, this year its fourth of July.

I can't recommend borderlands enough...I love the genre and the gameplay was a blast.

psychokids said:   Yeah that's just kinda how they do it; start the sales without any warning. Otherwise I assume sales would drop way off as everyone waited.

For future reference they seem to have a sale or two in the thanksgiving-new years range, and then another around now. Last year it was memorial day, this year its fourth of July.

There should be at least something...weeks/months in advance to say "summer sale is coming". Even if to only those who already have steam installed and read the announcements.

The people new to steam would never see it and they'd buy a game at regular price.

related - I almost bought TF2 at the same time. I'd be pretty POd if I had to buy a game at regular price, then have it be free.

(Who cares about "premium"....in my case at least all I need are the files to integrate)

Osmos is certainly worth the $2.49.

...don't forget a bigger hard drive

templeboy said:   Linky

The site is hammered, so check the link from time to time. Current goodies:
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West $1.50
Ghost Master $1.69
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale $5.00
Borderlands $5 / Four Pack $15 / DLC $2.50 Each
Dark Fall: Lost Souls $10
Back to the Future: The Game $12.49
Super Street Fighter® IV Arcade Edition $26.79
Magicka Complete Pack $16.74
Valve Complete Pack $50
and Many More

Will add more when the sale site can catch a breath.

Super Street fighter 4 arcade isn't on sale, you might want to edit your original post.

lordoffire said:   yay, but boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Learn you must young padawan. Buy as wanted and pay more, you will. Else buy as priced, and complain no more.

Easier to find the prices here:

http://www.steamgamesales.com/stores.php

Or just check your Steam wish list if you keep it up to date.

MarkVI said:   Super Street fighter 4 arcade isn't on sale, you might want to edit your original post.

The new, unreleased game was initially on sale by mistake. Even though it was $23 I passed, because just like the first game, it will inevitably be $10 - $15 in a few months.

Thanks OP!

For only $130 I picked up:

2K Complete Pack

Axel & Pixel
BioShock® 2
BioShock™
Borderlands: Game of the Year
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - The Vikings
Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia
Civilization IV®: Warlords
Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Americas
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Asia
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mediterranean
Civilization V: Cradle of Civilization - Mesopotamia
Civilization V: Explorer’s Map Pack
Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca
Duke Nukem Forever
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs. the Third Reich
Mafia
Mafia II
Mafia II DLC: Greaser Pack
Mafia II DLC: Jimmy's Vendetta
Mafia II DLC: Joe's Adventure
Mafia II DLC: Renegade Pack
Mafia II DLC: Vegas Pack
Mafia II DLC: War Hero Pack
MLB 2K10
MLB® Front Office Manager
NBA 2K10
NBA 2K11
Railroad Tycoon 3
Railroad Tycoon II Platinum
Shattered Union
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization
Sid Meier's Civilization® III Complete
Sid Meier's Civilization® IV
Sid Meier's Civilization® V
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Sid Meier's Railroads!
Sid Meier’s Civilization® V: Babylon (Nebuchadnezzar II)
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
The Stronghold Collection
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror From the Deep

Valve Complete Pack

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life: Source
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal
Portal 2
Ricochet
Team Fortress 2

jameshasty said:   Thanks OP!

For only $130 I picked up:

good lord...have an extra TB to put all that on?

muoot said:   http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1108894/

So you repost this topic two hours late, and then link to your topic in this thread as if the OP here is reposting? Incredible...

Thanks....yesterday bought Test Drive Unlimited 2 for $13.99
and Just Cause 2 for $4.99.

Still hoping they put Fallout:New Vegas on sale. Come on Steam you can do it....

I think that this is the cheapest I've ever seen the Valve Complete Pack, and yet it has more stuff in it than ever. Sadly I've been on Steam for years, so I already own half of the titles in it, but for anyone just discovering Steam, it'd be almost criminal NOT to get the Valve Complete Pack (unless it ends up going lower before the end of the sale, though I don't think publisher packs usually do). At $50, that would be worth it for just the Portal 2, Half Life 2 + episodes and the Left 4 Dead series.

DarthWoo said:   I think that this is the cheapest I've ever seen the Valve Complete Pack, and yet it has more stuff in it than ever. Sadly I've been on Steam for years, so I already own half of the titles in it, but for anyone just discovering Steam, it'd be almost criminal NOT to get the Valve Complete Pack (unless it ends up going lower before the end of the sale, though I don't think publisher packs usually do). At $50, that would be worth it for just the Portal 2, Half Life 2 + episodes and the Left 4 Dead series.

i'm getting the valve complete pack again just to get portal 2, that way i'll have a bunch of extra copies of games to gift to people

It's taking forever to download the games I bought, this site is jammed.

Yes...the servers are getting hammered. I cannot even download my purchased games

ezwrighter said:   Yes...the servers are getting hammered. I cannot even download my purchased games

That may be a problem for now, but once that's all sorted out, the real problem becomes remembering to actually play all the games you purchased.

(I admit to having at least a few impulse buys that I've yet to actually play yet.)

Half lile Episode one and two are just $1.99 now. That is a lot of fun for less than $4.00.

Great find.

The packages are huge values.

Crap. Borderlands is $60 for the four pack...

diffeldoof said:   Crap. Borderlands is $60 for the four pack...

Keep checking, they may chop it again later in the week

WOW Torchlight $2.99. I purchased this for $4.99 a year ago and this game is FANTASTIC! Especially for the price!

diffeldoof said:   Crap. Borderlands is $60 for the four pack...

The 2k complete pack includes the four pack and a lot more for about $80.

You guys must have some major fast (and unlimited) internet connections. Those packs must be HUGE. Also, this was my first foray into Valve and I apparently have a lot to learn. And not all that I'm learning, I like. For instance, my Steam sw keeps trying to connect to the home planet, whether I want it to or not; whether I'm even gaming or not. Not liking that. And I didn't even buy a Steam game this time. I bought Civ V from some English site that just had to be activated through steam. Had to open a Steam account and dl the software to do that. Wonder if I should uninstall Steam now, or just figure out where to turn off that autoconnect function.

irobot said:   You guys must have some major fast (and unlimited) internet connections. Those packs must be HUGE.

After purchasing the pack, all of the included games become available for download - meaning you can pick and choose which games you want to actually put on or take off your computer.

opathal said:   WOW Torchlight $2.99. I purchased this for $4.99 a year ago and this game is FANTASTIC! Especially for the price!

I missed this deal. Do they ever do a daily deal on a game more than once during their summer sales? Just wondering if I should snag it now for $7.49 or wait till the last day to do it just in case it goes for 75% off again. [face_thinking]

Jesteraron said:   opathal said:   WOW Torchlight $2.99. I purchased this for $4.99 a year ago and this game is FANTASTIC! Especially for the price!

I missed this deal. Do they ever do a daily deal on a game more than once during their summer sales? Just wondering if I should snag it now for $7.49 or wait till the last day to do it just in case it goes for 75% off again. [face_thinking]

Yes, if you want to dig up old Steam deals (last Thanksgiving, Christmas, for example), they often re-run deals towards the end of whole sale. Personally, if I was looking for any game I missed in the last couple of days and could wait for another week (sale ends on the 10th), I would definitely wait for the sale to run its course. If by chance this title doesn't go back on sale, you can always pay full price next Monday.

That said, I've been very unimpressed with the Summer Sale this year. Previous sales have been amazing (or just the titles *I* happened to be looking for...) But, I haven't had to struggle making any decisions this time around... Kinda hoping something picks up this week... but I'm just not feeling it. Got a feeling the summer is going to be pretty much a bust. Yet, hope springs eternal... Still 6 more days of sales!

frog01 said:   irobot said:   You guys must have some major fast (and unlimited) internet connections. Those packs must be HUGE.

After purchasing the pack, all of the included games become available for download - meaning you can pick and choose which games you want to actually put on or take off your computer.

So I bought the 2K Pack... and started downloading Borderlands 24 hours ago. Still at 24%. Seems a lot of people are getting in on this...

Just a heads up, in Steam if you go to STEAM------>Setting-------> Download + Cloud you can alter your download location and speed. Seemed to speed mine up, but who knows.

MickRivers said:   Jesteraron said:   opathal said:   WOW Torchlight $2.99. I purchased this for $4.99 a year ago and this game is FANTASTIC! Especially for the price!

Yes, if you want to dig up old Steam deals (last Thanksgiving, Christmas, for example), they often re-run deals towards the end of whole sale. Personally, if I was looking for any game I missed in the last couple of days and could wait for another week (sale ends on the 10th), I would definitely wait for the sale to run its course. If by chance this title doesn't go back on sale, you can always pay full price next Monday.

That said, I've been very unimpressed with the Summer Sale this year. Previous sales have been amazing (or just the titles *I* happened to be looking for...) But, I haven't had to struggle making any decisions this time around... Kinda hoping something picks up this week... but I'm just not feeling it. Got a feeling the summer is going to be pretty much a bust. Yet, hope springs eternal... Still 6 more days of sales!

Thanks Mick!

I found Garry's Mod for $2.49 today couldn't pass that up.

Skipping 8 Messages...
Bummer...was hoping Torchlight would go on 75% off again. Oh well..snagged it for $7.50. Still a good deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014