Lenovo B575 E-350 - Best Buy - $329

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I just bought this laptop for my wife who primary just surfs the web and watches youtube videos.

Laptop is $329 with the following specs:

AMD E-350 dual core 1.6ghz
AMD 6310 graphics
4gb ram
15.6" display (1366x768)
HDMI
E-sata
320gb drive
webcam
island keyboard
up to 6 hours of battery life
fingerprint reader
numberpad
light weight
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

Excellent value for what you get, you can do light gaming. I am able to play world of warcraft 35-45fps settings on low.

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lenovo B575 E-350
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I was looking this up and they have an E-450 based one for $299 with free shipping.

Lenovo - Laptop / AMD E-Series Proces... (more)

ltjjohnson (Dec. 03, 2011 @ 8:14p) |

GREAT DEAL - USING IT RIGHT NOW- ITS A TOUGH SOB FOR A "SONG"!!!!

fokker313 (Dec. 19, 2011 @ 12:17a) |

Anyone else having issues with the hard drive? I've had mine less than 30 days and the hard drive is shot. Best Buy does... (more)

carlakarn (Dec. 30, 2011 @ 7:22p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one. Going to use it as a business computer because of the finger reader

very nice

Nice price. Link below.
Lenovo Laptop at Best Buy

Just ordered one on-line.

Gah I just paid $379 for the B570 which looks about the same except for the 500 GB HD...

The processor in your b570 get's a 1978 passmark score, the AMD E-350 only scores a 732.

I just picked it up today @ my local Bestbuy. I might exchange it for something more powerful since I want a better processor but this laptop is pretty neat. The finger scan is awesome and the display is crisp and clear. It has a full keyboard with the num pad and stuff which I couldn't get use to and kept hitting the 4 button instead of enter. Still a great bang for the price if you're just surfing the web and watching movies and vids. I might get something a little more powerful.

I liked it myself. Until I checked the passmark score. My 4yr old desktop has a faster processor.I wish they had spent $10 more on a faster processor.

The main advantage of this particular cpu is its very low power usage. It is a low-med cpu but the power usage is extremely low. With another cpu, the battery life will not be near this 6 hours. Maybe 4 hours.
So this belongs to a new class of cpu's: medium power but very low power use. My experience is anything dual core with a benchmark above 700 is sufficient for regular use. It will decently do what 95% of people 99% of time do: web browsing - movie/music - pdf/word

The whole story with super-cpu's has become over-hyped. There was a time (3-4 years ago) that medium-low range cpu's could not handle a few running programs. I have a i7 notebook and only once in a while I do something that benefits from the super-fast cpu, and I'm an engineer!

It is like having a 5.7 SUV with 14 mpg and using it as a single person commuter! Yeh it rocks when it is time to move to a new place.

Nice! I just wish there was a 17" version.

Can someone explain what the fingerprint reader is used for? Is it like a password you put on an important file?

Also, what's an "island keyboard"?

island_keyboard
Disclaimer
dkong said:   Also, what's an "island keyboard"? This is an island keyboard.

You mean the space around each key?

Yeah, it's all flat making the keys look like islands.

killme2 said:   Yeah, it's all flat making the keys look like islands.Thanks, I guess I'll find out if I like it when I try it.

Any more opinions on this laptop? I plan to pull the trigger today or tomorrow.

:/ playing with mine for 2 days. No problem so far, the laptop run very cool. Love the mate design,leaving no finger print behind. I got a better dual core CPU,Intel T6400 laying around. Wonder if it compatible,I want to switch the cpu.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Intel-Core%202%20Duo%20Mobi...

btw, the battery life was very good, set it to maximum performent and it actually run up to 5h. compare to 2h30minute on my other triple core laptop.

Lagggger said:   :/ playing with mine for 2 days. No problem so far, the laptop run very cool. Love the mate design,leaving no finger print behind. I got a better dual core CPU,Intel T6400 laying around. Wonder if it compatible,I want to switch the cpu.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Core_2/Intel-Core%202%20Duo%20Mobi...

No. Not even close.

Not sure if I should pull the trigger. A friend said it's better to get an i5 or an i-something processor. I don't do gaming or video editing, etc.

Please advise.

Also, how long will this be on sale for? Just this week?

dkong said:   Not sure if I should pull the trigger. A friend said it's better to get an i5 or an i-something processor. I don't do gaming or video editing, etc.

Please advise.

An i5 processor is much higher end and I'm guessing overkill for your needs (based on what you stated).

Nice Price, I'll think about it.

Was thinking of using this as an HTPC, but I can't find any info on it's sound capabilities like if it'll support 5.1 or 7.1 via the HDMI port.

Have been thinking about pulling the trigger on this since yesterday. Just refreshed the Best Buy page for it and found that the price is now $299

Found the price is now $299. Finally pulled the trigger. Thanks OP for sharing!

$299 with HDMI? Wow...I couldn't resist.

chowminglee said:   $299 with HDMI? Wow...I couldn't resist.

Let alone fingerprint reader and face recognition, 4 gb mem and no external DVD writer as in net books, it's built in,
wow an absolute steal, resale should be good if and when one decides to do so with all these parameters

Just called Bestbuy for a price match (previously bought at 329) and they honored 299 price to pay the difference (329-299 +tax difference). Thanks bluevanilla.

this is a STEAL at $299. In for one. $299.99+19.85 tax for store pickup. For a basic computer this is great. Waivered on the reviews of the E-350 processor but decided at $299 it was worth the risk

where is the price $299 ?

Damn, this lappie seems to be flying off the shelves...out of stock in all Northern Virginia/Maryland stores.

oos & will not ship to store for any central ma/nh stores either

bigdaddyjay said:   I liked it myself. Until I checked the passmark score. My 4yr old desktop has a faster processor.I wish they had spent $10 more on a faster processor.The point of the E-350 is that most people don't really need a CPU that's much faster than this or Atom, but they could use a video card that's faster than Intel's integrated solutions with Atom. The E-350 benchmarks about the same as Atom in CPU, but completely outclasses it in 3D graphics (it's competitive with the integrated 3D graphics on the i3/i5 line, despite those being much faster processors).

elecnight said:   The main advantage of this particular cpu is its very low power usage. It is a low-med cpu but the power usage is extremely low. With another cpu, the battery life will not be near this 6 hours. Maybe 4 hours.
So this belongs to a new class of cpu's: medium power but very low power use. My experience is anything dual core with a benchmark above 700 is sufficient for regular use. It will decently do what 95% of people 99% of time do: web browsing - movie/music - pdf/word

The whole story with super-cpu's has become over-hyped. There was a time (3-4 years ago) that medium-low range cpu's could not handle a few running programs. I have a i7 notebook and only once in a while I do something that benefits from the super-fast cpu, and I'm an engineer!

It is like having a 5.7 SUV with 14 mpg and using it as a single person commuter! Yeh it rocks when it is time to move to a new place.

That's not strictly true. Intel's latest mobile i3 and i5 are very power miserly at idle. The EU version of the notebook in this deal uses about 8-12 Watts at idle. A Lenovo with an i3-2310 comes out at about 10-14 Watts idle. That translates into 4-6 hours for the AMD on a 48 Whr battery, while the Intel i3 will manage 3.5-5 hrs. The E-350 has a 5:4 advantage in system battery life, not a 3:2 advantage as you've cited. But Lenvo bumps up the size of the battery on the i3 notebook to 57 Whr to compensate. I suspect the ultra-low voltage version of the i3 (1.3 GHz instead of 2.1 GHz) will actually use less power than the E-350, but you'll have to pay 4x more for it.

So the SUV analogy isn't really apt. If you're only doing basic tasks or deliberately lock your CPU to its slowest speed *, an i3 can last nearly as long on battery as an E-350, yet still have that extra speed available for you when plugged in or if you should need it (at the cost of higher load wattage than the E-350). An SUV is constantly hindered by having to haul that extra capacity and weight around, which simply isn't the case for CPUs since they automatically underclock themselves when idle. And it's not like charging your laptop's battery costs as much as filling up a gas tank, so shortcomings in power consumption can easily be compensated for with a larger battery.

The primary advantage of the AMD E-350 is low cost. You're not gonna find any i3 notebooks at this price unless it's a closeout. I picked up an i3-2310 notebook for $390 for use as a file server, but that was a refurb combined with a coupon. A new i3 notebook will more typically run you about $450-$550. If you think you'll occasionally need the extra horsepower of an i3 (about 3x faster at load), and don't mind the extra cost, get the i3. Otherwise, the E-350 is good enough for most people at a great price.

* The Windows 7 setting for this is under Control panel -> Power options -> Change Plan Settings -> Changed advanced power settings -> Processor power management -> Maximum processor state. I leave the Balanced plan alone so it can scale the CPU speed, but set the Power Saver plan to limit the max CPU speed to minimum. Then switch between the two plans as my needs dictate.

This is now $299.00

dkong said:   Not sure if I should pull the trigger. A friend said it's better to get an i5 or an i-something processor. I don't do gaming or video editing, etc.

Please advise.

The E-350 is a little faster than the Intel Atom CPU, also has a much better video card.

If Atom is ok then this will work great. If a atom is way to slow but you still want good battery life wait for one of the low-end Llano laptops to come out in the next month.

Just got one testerday for my daughter! Thank you

double post....sorry!

Anyone having trouble with the trackpad? I just got one at BB, and the trackpad is just plain bad. Is mine defective, or are other folks experiencing a crappy touchpad?

Skipping 34 Messages...
Anyone else having issues with the hard drive? I've had mine less than 30 days and the hard drive is shot. Best Buy doesn't have any more of these and I'll have to pay $50 to get another computer with similar features.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014