• 1 2 3459
  • Page
  • Text Only
All I can tell you is that Amazon gave me no trouble in returning my five-month old Kindle, and receiving Cash Back, and they don't care what I do with that cash. Others above seem to have had similar results.

MontyBurnsFW said:   All I can tell you is that Amazon gave me no trouble in returning my five-month old Kindle, and receiving Cash Back, and they don't care what I do with that cash. Others above seem to have had similar results.

Yes, I know that. I was the one telling people how to do it, remember? If you remember though, when the latest version Kindle came out, Amazon refused to allow people to return their old versions. It will be much harder to return your current version once the new generation comes out.

Just a head's up, but do as you may.

I'm surprised they eventually let you make the exchange--and it speaks volumes about Amazon's commitment to customer service. Your tone was generally whiny, entitled, and eventually kind of bitchy. Were you exchanging a Kindle 2 or a Kindle 3? From your post (and pretty far towards the bottom) it looks like you were trying to exchange a Kindle 2...for a Kindle 3 with Special Offers.

Have you ever tried having some respect for the people on the other side of the conversation? If they say no, hang up/log off and try again with someone else.

coolbreeze said:   You are now connected to Amazon.com.

Me:Is it possible to exchange my existing 3g Kindle for 3g "special offers" Kindle?
I know I purchased it well over 30 days ago, but I really do want the special offers version...

I am thinking the laptop code may come July 16th.

Two new upcoming offers:
15 off 30 of school supplies
40 off select printers

Today is the last day to claim the current 2 codes.

MangoGT said:   I'm surprised they eventually let you make the exchange--and it speaks volumes about Amazon's commitment to customer service. Your tone was generally whiny, entitled, and eventually kind of bitchy. Were you exchanging a Kindle 2 or a Kindle 3? From your post (and pretty far towards the bottom) it looks like you were trying to exchange a Kindle 2...for a Kindle 3 with Special Offers.

Have you ever tried having some respect for the people on the other side of the conversation? If they say no, hang up/log off and try again with someone else.

coolbreeze said:   You are now connected to Amazon.com.

Me:Is it possible to exchange my existing 3g Kindle for 3g "special offers" Kindle?
I know I purchased it well over 30 days ago, but I really do want the special offers version...

Wow, thanks for the kind comments.

I exchanged a mint condition Kindle 3 3g (white) with all accessories, down to the clingy plastic screen and back protectors they use when new. My tone was "entitled" because I knew more than the fella helping me. He was wrong about the lack of a Kindle exchange policy, period. When he and his manager kept suggesting that I sell my Kindle to fund the purchase of a SO model, that was the last straw. They were simply ill-informed and it made me angry.

I just don't understand how different CSRs at the same company can have such varying degrees of latitude. There is clearly an active green light for Amazon to accept returns on over 30 day old Kindles with the purpose of exchanging for the Special Offers version. My 30 second chat with someone from the actual Kindle department confirmed this. Furthermore, the return deducts a percentage from the used Kindle...clearly a program design for SO upgraders.

I simply found the person at Amazon who knew what the program was. It's not my fault Eric the "digging my heels in hell no" CSR was not properly educated by Amazon's management.

If that makes me bitchy, etc, than so be it. BTW, I've already participated in several SO's, so AMZN is reaping the benefits. No wonder they will exchange Kindles for the SO ones. Now, they need to bring their CSR staff in the loop so they provide consistent customer service. Not a monumental ask, IMO.

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $148.22 for your Order XXSXXXXXX.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: Kindle 3G Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, White, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B002LVUX1W
Reason for refund: Customer return

Here's the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Item Refund: $189.00
Return Shipping Fee Refund Deduction: ($2.98)
Partial Refund Deduction: ($37.80)

If there was no official exchange program, please explain the "partial refund deduction" of $37.80. How does one arrive at that figure if there is no formal exchange policy? Why did the Kindle support person offer NO pushback to my request? Why did he accommodate me instantly upon me asking to exchange my 6-month old K3? Why did AMZN take my Kindle back at all? I suppose it's a good thing I was pissy and entitled, because I was correct. Thanks for your comments, however.

Just a head's up: the $10 off $20 Kindle accessories code stacks with the 50% off kindle lighted covers code making them $19.99.

Let's keep this on topic folks. Thanks!

Anyone know if the 20% off HDTV's will be around again and include Mitsubishi tv's? I am looking buy soon.

Thanks.

DH

MVP9596 said:   Let's keep this on topic folks. Thanks!

Huh?

uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: the $10 off $20 Kindle accessories code stacks with the 50% off kindle lighted covers code making them $19.99.

I was just able to stack "$15 off $20 Kindle skin" with the "$10 off $20 Kindle accessories" code. Got the Pittsburgh Steelers Skinit Kindle Skin reg. $24.99 for $0.00 with free 2-day Prime shipping.

uafgrad said:   MVP9596 said:   Let's keep this on topic folks. Thanks!

Huh?

Probably referring to my above post where I defended myself.

coolbreeze said:   uafgrad said:   MVP9596 said:   Let's keep this on topic folks. Thanks!

Huh?

Probably referring to my above post where I defended myself.

What was off topic about that? I think it helps people decide if it is worth it to return theirs, and if so, how to go about doing it.

Last day to claim your Kindle accessories code.

New offers are out...

uafgrad said:   New offers are out...back from vacation, back to work... updated the QS.
*Buy one of 100 Mysteries & Thrillers titles for $1 (Claim by July 27)
*Save $25 off a $50 jewelry purchase at Amazon.com (Claim by July 27)

New Offers:
*Save $10 when you spend $25 on select Blu-ray movies and TV shows (Claim by July 31)
*Save 25% on Select Digital Cameras & Camcorders at Amazon.com (Claim by July 31)

For the record, the sorting options SUCK! It may be helpful to post worthwhile findings.

Bump

116sloppyjoe116 said:   For the record, the sorting options SUCK! It may be helpful to post worthwhile findings.FYI, the Canon G12 was added to the list (it was on the first page for me). Probably one of the best cameras on the list. $350 for that camera is HOT!

I think the sorting options are purposely difficult to grapple with. They are avoiding having people sort by "most expensive first" and using the 25% coupon. Anyway, good deal still.

I like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 12 MP Micro Four-Thirds Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera with 3.0-Inch Touch-Screen LCD and 14mm f/2.5 G Aspherical Lens (Black)

About $400 after the coupon. HOT

New Offers:

Save $40 on select printers from Amazon.com (Claim by 8/4; Redeem by 9/4)
Buy one of 100 Humor titles for $1 (Claim by 8/4; Redeem by 9/4)

Blegh, fell asleep at the wheel and forgot to claim the camera one.

Hi guys, I was looking to buy a laptop and wondering if someone can share their 20% off laptops code with me? I have stuff to trade, would really appreciate if you can PM me if you have one. Thanks!

SlickVik said:   Hi guys, I was looking to buy a laptop and wondering if someone can share their 20% off laptops code with me? I have stuff to trade, would really appreciate if you can PM me if you have one. Thanks!

Wrong thread. Also, if you buy a kindle right now you can get your very own laptop code.

As a PS: this coupon applies to Apple laptops as well, and stacks with the free XBox promotion on select laptops. Worth buying a Kindle for.

Save 20% on Select
Laptops at Amazon.com
To claim this offer:

1. Visit this page [Amazon.com] and add a qualifying laptop to your Shopping Cart.

2. At checkout, enter the following code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box:

xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Your 20% discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.

3. Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (PDT) Thursday, September 8, 2011.

Did anyone cash in on the "Buy one of 100 Humor titles for $1" offer and have any recommendations on which title to get?

Wow, I can't believe the 20% off laptops deal is good for Apple notebooks. My girlfriend called me crazy when I bought my Kindle 3G with Special Deals at Best Buy (with free $30 BB gift card promo) just for the special deals. I just ordered a 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB SSD and got $318.80 off. That paid for the Kindle and then some. Also used the $25 off $50 jewelry and still deciding on which camera to buy at 25% off.

kidthor said:   Did anyone cash in on the "Buy one of 100 Humor titles for $1" offer and have any recommendations on which title to get?
Humor is pretty subjective...

PMonkeyDishwasher said:   kidthor said:   Did anyone cash in on the "Buy one of 100 Humor titles for $1" offer and have any recommendations on which title to get?Humor is pretty subjective...Agreed. But I gotta say, the title "The Hypochondriac's Pocket Guide to Horrible Diseases You Probably Already Have" caught my eye.

peterlin said:   Wow, I can't believe the 20% off laptops deal is good for Apple notebooks. My girlfriend called me crazy when I bought my Kindle 3G with Special Deals at Best Buy (with free $30 BB gift card promo) just for the special deals. I just ordered a 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB SSD and got $318.80 off. That paid for the Kindle and then some. Also used the $25 off $50 jewelry and still deciding on which camera to buy at 25% off.

When was this? Is the $30 BB gift card promo available now too?

dealPhobia said:   peterlin said:   Wow, I can't believe the 20% off laptops deal is good for Apple notebooks. My girlfriend called me crazy when I bought my Kindle 3G with Special Deals at Best Buy (with free $30 BB gift card promo) just for the special deals. I just ordered a 13-inch MacBook Air with 256GB SSD and got $318.80 off. That paid for the Kindle and then some. Also used the $25 off $50 jewelry and still deciding on which camera to buy at 25% off.When was this? Is the $30 BB gift card promo available now too?Thread expired. 3G is still $139 at Amazon tho.

The 20% laptop coupon is clearly evidence that if you are remotely in the market for a Kindle, GET THE SO version!! Pretty incredible discount!

For any laptop purchase above $600, the Kindle Special Offers will essentially pay for itself with one coupon.

Has anyone used the coupon yet? Is the 20% off the list price (as Amazon has been known to do) or off the sales price?

The gift that keeps on giving...I can't believe it.

UPCOMING OFFER:
Save $25 when you spend $100 on textbooks

Do they actually show you upcoming offers? Incredible.
I'm in a market for a new laptop, just got white 3G Kindle. Had to pay $3.99 for one day shipping to get the 20% off coupon in time. Free 2-day shipping was showing Tuesday 9th delivery date. Bummer.

They don't show you upcoming offers. Although, you can download an app called "Ad Mash", which shows you different versions of ads of upcoming offers and allows you to vote on the ads.

Another upcoming offer:
save 40/100 watches

This works. I got a 20% coupon for $35 here http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/1109863/m1... which saved me $400. It does work on all Apple Macbook models.

I bought a Macbook Air 2 days ago before I saw the coupon. It arrived today. I called Amazon customer service and received a refund of $226 even without providing the code (My Kindle with Special Offers is at my office and I don't go in until Monday). They were able to verify that I owned the KSO and that I just purchased the Mac.

Amazon Customer Service = Amazing!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014