• 12 3 459
  • Page
  • Text Only
I bought a Macbook Air 2 days ago before I saw the coupon. It arrived today. I called Amazon customer service and received a refund of $226 even without providing the code (My Kindle with Special Offers is at my office and I don't go in until Monday). They were able to verify that I owned the KSO and that I just purchased the Mac.

Amazon Customer Service = Amazing!

I have Kindle 2 at home and a Kindle SO that I keep at the office. The Kindle SO has more than paid for itself in savings, and I don't have to worry about not having anything to read at lunch break because I forgot my Kindle at home.

At $114 and access to some of the best web coupons out there, you can't go wrong.

Is the code tied to the original kindle owner? Can I use a code generated from someone else's kindle?

sooper said:   Is the code tied to the original kindle owner? Can I use a code generated from someone else's kindle?Link

For those of you who wonder what to do with all those Kindles you are buying: I buy a KSO, sell the coupon codes until it is free, then donate it to a local school. I do this over and over again. You get a tax deduction, the school gets free Kindles, and the buyer of the codes gets a discount on a product he wanted. It is a win-win-win situation.

I am on my 9th Kindle. Will probably buy more today (and if you have a good relationship with the school, they even let you retrieve future codes from them as well).

Lol all the good laptops are 1-2 months backordered.

No, all you need is just a code. You can buy or trade one.

coolbreeze said:   Lol all the good laptops are 1-2 months backordered.

The Macbook Airs, at least, have been changing rapidly... During the day yesterday it went from "1-2 months" to "within 24 hours" a few times. I really doubt it will take a month.

MontyBurnsFW said:   coolbreeze said:   Lol all the good laptops are 1-2 months backordered.

The Macbook Airs, at least, have been changing rapidly... During the day yesterday it went from "1-2 months" to "within 24 hours" a few times. I really doubt it will take a month.

I agree, I never let that scare me away. Amaz0n can have a gloom and doom shipping timeframe (i.e. ships in 3-4 months) then *bam* it leaves the warehouse a few days later.

I ordered a kindle from Amazon last night to get one of these 20% laptop coupons.

It's out for delivery today (i used the reg Amazon prime shipping). That's quick!

spacecadet610 said:   I ordered a kindle from Amazon last night to get one of these 20% laptop coupons.

It's out for delivery today (i used the reg Amazon prime shipping). That's quick!

Just an fyi, the laptop code must be activated by 8/8/11. If you don't get your Kindle before then you may be SOL unless you can sweet talk customer service somehow.

How long does it take you to "sell the KSO" codes to pay for the kindle usually?

coppertop said:   How long does it take you to "sell the KSO" codes to pay for the kindle usually?

It depends on the codes. I haven't been doing this for very long and all Kindles have been paid for by their coupons.

Is it possible to use more than one laptop code on the same Amazon account? I want to get one for my parents as well but I want to use my Amazon Visa card for the extra 3% back.

esoterica said:   Is it possible to use more than one laptop code on the same Amazon account? I want to get one for my parents as well but I want to use my Amazon Visa card for the extra 3% back.

Its just a promo code so I'm guessing you could use more than 1 per account, but worst case you can make another account and use your Visa to pay.

esoterica said:   Is it possible to use more than one laptop code on the same Amazon account? I want to get one for my parents as well but I want to use my Amazon Visa card for the extra 3% back.

Yes you can. You can't stack them, but you can use multiple codes on the same account.

coolbreeze said:   MontyBurnsFW said:   coolbreeze said:   Lol all the good laptops are 1-2 months backordered.

I agree, I never let that scare me away. Amaz0n can have a gloom and doom shipping timeframe (i.e. ships in 3-4 months) then *bam* it leaves the warehouse a few days later.

Right, their "ships in xx months" simply means out-of-stock, and it hardly takes that long for retailer like Amazon to restock macbook air.

uafgrad said:   For those of you who wonder what to do with all those Kindles you are buying: I buy a KSO, sell the coupon codes until it is free, then donate it to a local school. I do this over and over again. You get a tax deduction, the school gets free Kindles, and the buyer of the codes gets a discount on a product he wanted. It is a win-win-win situation.

I am on my 9th Kindle. Will probably buy more today (and if you have a good relationship with the school, they even let you retrieve future codes from them as well).

What a great idea - I didn't think about it yet... My family is arguing all morning who is getting to keep my just-arrived new Kindle once I get a newer model in October... I guess I will not have this problem for a while... My 12year old wants to sell coupons on eBay.

Three promotions like 20% off laptops can pay for one Kindle in two-three weeks.

Anyone know if the 20% off code works on the Amazzon computers that are valid for the free Xbox 360? If so, does the total still have to be above $699 AFTER the discount? Thanks.

PharmerNate said:   Anyone know if the 20% off code works on the Amazzon computers that are valid for the free Xbox 360? If so, does the total still have to be above $699 AFTER the discount? Thanks.

Yes, on those computers that overlap.

Oops, never mind....

Thanks,
Glenn

uafgrad said:   PharmerNate said:   Anyone know if the 20% off code works on the Amazzon computers that are valid for the free Xbox 360? If so, does the total still have to be above $699 AFTER the discount? Thanks.

Yes, on those computers that overlap.

Can anyone comment if it has to be $699 AFTER the discount, or is $699 before the discount still enough to qualify you? Don't want to disqualify myself. THanks.

Do you think they will allow me to order the Kindle Special and a laptop in a single transaction and apply the 20% discount?

On Chat with Amazon. They are not allowing me to buy a Kindle Special Offer and a laptop together --- and apply a 20%. So inflexible. I guess they will lose $1,800 worth of sale.

Best buy sells Kindle with so's, you'll have to pay a bit of tax but that is small compared to what you will save with the coupon. You could get it today if you hurry, or get it tomorrow and redeem it really quick.

Dmdragon said:   Best buy sells Kindle with so's, you'll have to pay a bit of tax but that is small compared to what you will save with the coupon. You could get it today if you hurry, or get it tomorrow and redeem it really quick.

Or Target.

kwoker said:   On Chat with Amazon. They are not allowing me to buy a Kindle Special Offer and a laptop together --- and apply a 20%. So inflexible. I guess they will lose $1,800 worth of sale.

Or, put another way, you won't drive to a Best Buy/Staples/Target/Wal-Mart so you can buy today and get a coupon that will save yourself more than $300. Inflexible indeed.

I picked up mine at OfficeMax yesterday for total $104 using the coupon in this thread:

OM $10 off 40

BTS in NC No Sales Tax weekend for us now though I'm not sure how the Kindle qualified since as I read the rules
it shouldn't be eligible. The clerk was confused as well, but that's how the computer registered and I wasn't about to
refuse the extra $8 discount. I'm going to guess this a YMMV, but with all the No Tax it's worth a shot

MontyBurnsFW said:   kwoker said:   On Chat with Amazon. They are not allowing me to buy a Kindle Special Offer and a laptop together --- and apply a 20%. So inflexible. I guess they will lose $1,800 worth of sale.

Or, put another way, you won't drive to a Best Buy/Staples/Target/Wal-Mart so you can buy today and get a coupon that will save yourself more than $300. Inflexible indeed.

Not to mention that Amazon is obviously LOSING money selling an Apple product at 20% off, so I find it hard to believe they're going to cry at night over your non-purchase. Some people have no concept of business.

I went out to buy a kindle today but i got there too late and all the stores are closed now since its sunday. Can I still buy one tomorrow and use the code or does it expire tonight?

MarkusD said:   I went out to buy a kindle today but i got there too late and all the stores are closed now since its sunday. Can I still buy one tomorrow and use the code or does it expire tonight?

The code doesn't "expire" until a month from tomorrow. As far as actually getting it, you can purchase a Kindle tomorrow...then set it up and request the code tomorrow (probably before midnight in some time zone). You should have plenty of time to purchase it and then claim the code tomorrow, then you'll have the next month to figure out how to use it.

rbraden said:   MarkusD said:   I went out to buy a kindle today but i got there too late and all the stores are closed now since its sunday. Can I still buy one tomorrow and use the code or does it expire tonight?

The code doesn't "expire" until a month from tomorrow. As far as actually getting it, you can purchase a Kindle tomorrow...then set it up and request the code tomorrow (probably before midnight in some time zone). You should have plenty of time to purchase it and then claim the code tomorrow, then you'll have the next month to figure out how to use it.

Cool thanks! I actually almost ordered the 13' macbook pro then I decided to randomly cleck to see if there where any other offers or promo codes! Lucky me! thanks again I thought I just missed a great deal.

Another question. do all kindles have the special offer thing? i notice on Amazon they have a separate special offer one. If I go to the store do i have to looking for something that says special offer on it?

MarkusD said:   Another question. do all kindles have the special offer thing? i notice on Amazon they have a separate special offer one. If I go to the store do i have to looking for something that says special offer on it?

Not all kindles have special offers.. There is a kindle. And then there is a KSO (Kindle with special offers). Here's all you need to know: if it's $114, it's what you want. If it's $139, it's not (unless you want the KSO + 3G, which is also $139). If you're confused, just look for something that's $114 and you'll know you are getting the KSO...which is what you want.

Another way to see the differences would be to check out my underground website: Amazon.com. You can find these hidden in large font on the center of the front page.

"Those of you with a regular Kindle and wish you had a Special Offers Kindle (SOK): do a chat with Kindle support (start Chat and ask to be transferred to Kindle Support) and they will authorize a return for you and give you an 80%-100% refund of what you paid for your original Kindle device (even if you have had it for a year, as long as it is the latest version). You can then apply that towards the purchase of a SOK (Special Offers Kindle). This will pay for itself. Plus your warranty would start all over again."

If you bought it from Amazon...

Is there a coupon trading forum in Fatwallet?

lmj98 said:   Is there a coupon trading forum in Fatwallet?

But of course http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/online-coupon-trading/

Any issues applying 25/75 coupon at Office-Max?

I got some more kindles this morning, and when I register it to my account, only offers that I didn't use on another KSO show up. When I deregister and then re-register it to another Amazon account, the offers show up. Is anyone else with mutiples having this experience? Offers say one per device, not one per Amazon account, but it looks like 1 per Amazon account as well for me.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014