• 123 4 59
  • Page
  • Text Only
rbraden said:   I got some more kindles this morning, and when I register it to my account, only offers that I didn't use on another KSO show up. When I deregister and then re-register it to another Amazon account, the offers show up. Is anyone else with mutiples having this experience? Offers say one per device, not one per Amazon account, but it looks like 1 per Amazon account as well for me.
I have many kindles registered under my one account. No problems with getting codes.

Does anyone know how often the promo for the leather case comes around? I recently purchased a KSO and only have a few days left in the states before I go overseas for a one-year contract and was hoping to get a case before I left.

mogbert1 said:   Does anyone know how often the promo for the leather case comes around? I recently purchased a KSO and only have a few days left in the states before I go overseas for a one-year contract and was hoping to get a case before I left.
kindle support has been very willing to discount the case for those who missed the coupon.

Any idea if Kindle specific support has an email address? I cant do chat well (currently in no-mans land with dial up all thats available.) Thanks.

Found on the kindle support page (its a button) Will email them after I handcrank the genie again.

Sweet just got my kindle and my code! im pumped time for a macbook!

Got my Kindle but no wireless at work. I need wireless to register the Kindle and get the codes, right?

PharmerNate said:   Got my Kindle but no wireless at work. I need wireless to register the Kindle and get the codes, right?

I think you can connect to a computer as well.

Hmm...almost all options greyed out while connected to my computer. Maybe because it's a work computer

canon pixma mx882
Disclaimer
For those with the Printer code, you may consider one of today's gold box deals:

Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer
Link

List Price: $199.99
Amazon's Price: $129.00
Gold Box Discount: (-$19.01)
Deal Price: $109.99 (45% off)
After KSO Discount: $69.99

Compare at $140+

Edit: Gold Box EXPIRED

116sloppyjoe116 said:   For those with the Printer code, you may consider one of today's gold box deals:

Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer
Link

List Price: $199.99
Amazon's Price: $129.00
Gold Box Discount: (-$19.01)
Deal Price: $109.99 (45% off)
After KSO Discount: $69.99

Compare at $140+

Unfortunately that one expired minutes after you posted it...

uafgrad said:   116sloppyjoe116 said:   Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer
Link
Unfortunately that one expired minutes after you posted it...
Too bad... just saw that it qualified for a $25 Mp3 credit as well. That was smokin' while it lasted; just wish I would have seen it sooner.

So just to verify....I thought that coupon codes could be used freely between accounts, but I read elsewhere (can't find the thread) that it would be locked to the account that the Kindle was registered with in order to combat selling of codes. What's the true answer? I'm assuming freely tradeable since there is a trading thread.

It depends on the code. Some are locked to the particular Amazon account, others are one-time use codes that can be used by anyone with the code. This laptop code can definitely be used by anyone (I gave mine to a friend).

It seems like most of the codes that are locked to your account so far tend to be ones related to buying Kindle content (books for $1, etc).

Awesome...thanks. Got 3 KSOs today and wanted to use one of the codes and give the others away to friends/family. Thanks!

PharmerNate said:   So just to verify....I thought that coupon codes could be used freely between accounts, but I read elsewhere (can't find the thread) that it would be locked to the account that the Kindle was registered with in order to combat selling of codes. What's the true answer? I'm assuming freely tradeable since there is a trading thread.

None of the codes (meaning those that require a coupon code to be put into your account) are locked into an Amazon account until they are put in. Once you put them in on your Amazon account, you can no longer sell them or give them away. Until that point, you can do whatever you want to do with them.

Wow... So easy. I ordered on Sat. From Amazon, and spoke with Customer service, they told me without the kindle in hand I could not receive a code (even though they saw I had ordered). So I cancelled and bought one from Office Max. (used the $10 off $40 coupon from FW to make the price the same as Amazon.com) Just sold the laptop coupon, thanks OP, already 1/2 way to paying for the kindle!

PharmerNate said:   Anyone know if the 20% off code works on the Amazzon computers that are valid for the free Xbox 360? If so, does the total still have to be above $699 AFTER the discount? Thanks.

Still trying to figure this one out. Can't find any wording to:
1) Specifically say that you can't do BOTH the discount and the free XBox 360, and
2) Say if the computer has to be $699 BEFORE or AFTER a discount is applied (assuming that you can do both)

Guess I'll just have to try it and hope for the best.

Terms & Conditions:
Restrictions to receiving a free Xbox 360 4 GB console with PC purchase:

▪ Promotional offer valid for limited time only. Offer good while supplies last or until terminated by Amazon.com.

▪ Promotion is limited to Amazon Student members only.

▪ Promotion is limited to one Xbox 360 4 GB console per household.

Amazon Student members who purchase a select Windows 7 PC for $699 or more (pre-tax) will receive a promotional credit towards a free Xbox 360 4 GB console currently valued at up to $199.99.

▪ A list of qualified PCs can be found here. Only Amazon Student purchases made from this list qualify for the free Xbox 360 4 GB console promotion.

▪ Promotion valid on purchases made between May 25 and September 3, 2011, or until terminated by Amazon.com.

▪ Approximately eight business days after the Windows 7 PC ship date, customers will receive an e-mail stating they have met the requirements of Amazon Student membership and purchased a qualified Windows 7 PC and that a credit toward a free Xbox 360 4 GB console has been added to their account.

▪ Free Xbox 360 4 GB can only be added to the cart after receiving the validation e-mail from Amazon.com; promotional credit will not be applied to customers purchasing a Windows 7 PC and an Xbox 360 4 GB in the same transaction.

▪ Xbox 360 4 GB console credit must be redeemed no later than October 31, 2011.

▪ For information on how to become an Amazon Student member visit www.amazon.com/student.

▪ No coupon code required to redeem free Xbox 360 4 GB console. Discount will automatically be made at checkout and can be seen on the Order Summary section during final checkout.

▪ Promotional credit can only be applied toward a free Xbox 360 4 GB console and cannot be combined with any other offers or applied toward the purchase of a different version of the Xbox 360 console or an Xbox 360 bundle.

▪ Offer only applies to Amazon Student member purchases of products sold by Amazon.com, and does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.

▪ Offer does not apply to products purchased from Amazonís other sites including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.

▪ No substitutions or rain checks permitted if supplies of any particular qualifying Windows 7 PC or the Xbox 360 4 GB runs out prior to expiration of promotional offer period.

▪ Promotion is not valid to customers who have purchased three Xbox 360 4 GB consoles from Amazon.com in the seven days prior to Xbox 360 4 GB redemption.

▪ If customer pre-orders or orders the qualifying Windows 7 PC and places it in customerís Shopping Cart but does not complete customerís purchase of the qualifying product or if customer returns the qualifying product, customer will not qualify for the promotion.

▪ If customer returns the qualifying PC product to Amazon.com at any time for a refund, customer must return the Xbox 360 4 GB console within 14 days of Amazon.comís receipt of the PC product or Amazon.com shall charge $199.99 to customerís account for the Xbox.

▪ Items placed in Shopping Cart may or may not be eligible for promotions at the time of checkout.

▪ Offer valid to customers located and with billing addresses in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.

▪ Additional shipping and handling charges may apply to all products.

▪ Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable, and not redeemable for cash, and is void where prohibited by law.

Amazon.com reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate or modify this promotion.

uafgrad said:   mogbert1 said:   Does anyone know how often the promo for the leather case comes around? I recently purchased a KSO and only have a few days left in the states before I go overseas for a one-year contract and was hoping to get a case before I left.
kindle support has been very willing to discount the case for those who missed the coupon.

Sigh, I tried 2-3 times with chat and phone support but none of them would give me the discounted case.

mogbert1 said:   uafgrad said:   mogbert1 said:   Does anyone know how often the promo for the leather case comes around? I recently purchased a KSO and only have a few days left in the states before I go overseas for a one-year contract and was hoping to get a case before I left.

Sigh, I tried 2-3 times with chat and phone support but none of them would give me the discounted case.

How are you asking for it?

$15 off $30 of School Supplies (claim by August 12, 2011)
To claim this offer:

1. Visit this page to find eligible school supplies and add $30 or more of merchandise sold by Amazon.com to your Shopping Cart.
2. At checkout, enter the following code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box:
Your $15 discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.
3. Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (PDT) September 12, 2011.

Save $5 on Kindle reading lights at Amazon.com (claim by August 12, 2011)
To claim this offer:

1. Visit this page to shop for qualifying Kindle reading lights sold by Amazon.com and add one or more to your Shopping Cart.
2. At checkout, enter the following code in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box.
Your $5 discount will be reflected in the "Order Summary" on the final order checkout page.
3. Complete your order before this promotion expires at 11:59 pm (PDT) September 12, 2011.

uafgrad said:   mogbert1 said:   uafgrad said:   mogbert1 said:   Does anyone know how often the promo for the leather case comes around? I recently purchased a KSO and only have a few days left in the states before I go overseas for a one-year contract and was hoping to get a case before I left.

How are you asking for it?

I told them I know the leather case promo coupon comes and goes but I only have a few days left in the states before I leave for an overseas job for one year. I was wondering if they could either apply or provide me witha 50% off code now or retroactively apply a code to an order I placed today. They just kept on going on about how the promo is only during the promo period and that they can't do anything about it now and that I'd just have to wait.

People, this is NOT a thread for trading.

To keep our forums organized, we would like to keep all offers and requests for one-time-use coupons in Online Coupon Trading Forum. If you would like to request, share, trade, or sell a coupon that's the place to post.

Thanks!

Question: The KSO laptop link takes you to this page.. The page shows a bunch of models (533 last time I checked).

At the top it says:

Kindle With Special Offers
Through September 8, 2011, save 20% on select laptops. Shop for qualifying models.

The last sentence is a hyper-link which takes you to this page which currently shows only 40 models.

Can I order any of the 533 or so at the first link or do just the 40 at the second link work?

Second question: uafgrad posted "Once you put them in on your Amaz0n account, you can no longer sell them or give them away". This makes me hesitant to try the code out on one of the 533 only to have it locked to my account (and only usable on the 40).

Thanks!

I just used it on one of the models that is not listed in the link with 40 models. SO you could use it to buy any of the laptops in the link with 533 laptops and the code should work. FYI, I bought this laptop: http://www.amazon.com/Dell-X15L-1024ELS-Laptop-Elemental-Silver/...

HERE is a link to all items that qualify for the office supply coupons. Way more than the link provided in the email.

TY kiev.

Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

NEW LIST of laptops the code now only works on.

uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

Bad link, page not found.

Dwynne said:   uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

Bad link, page not found.

Let's try it again:

NEW LIST

uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.
This is bait-and-switch, pure and simple. I'm going to be contacting them.

I don't understand. The link in the email still takes me to a page of eligible computers that includes 11 Apple computers including the new 11 inch air and 13 and 15 inch Macbook pros. What's the deal? Are you saying that even though they're on the page, the coupons don't work on most of them?

esoterica said:   uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

Not really. They covered themselves pretty good I would say.

Promotional code must be requested on Kindle with Special Offers device by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), August 8, 2011.
This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), September 8, 2011. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
You must have a Kindle with Special Offers device registered to the same account as the qualifying purchase.
If any of the merchandise related to this promotion is returned, the promotional code value will be subtracted from your return credit.
Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com and not by any other merchant.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
Offer good while supplies last.
Void where prohibited.
Offer must be used for a single order.

rbraden said:   uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

I don't understand. The link in the email still takes me to a page of eligible computers that includes 11 Apple computers including the new 11 inch air and 13 and 15 inch Macbook pros. What's the deal?

The deal is that those laptops no longer will accept the coupons. It will state the coupon is invalid. Right now the coupon only works on the new list of laptops (see above).

Gotcha. Pretty lame, but there's certainly nothing I can do about it. Let's hope I can unload the last 2 coupons before the value is next to nothing.

rbraden said:   Gotcha. Pretty lame, but there's certainly nothing I can do about it. Let's hope I can unload the last 2 coupons before the value is next to nothing.

Then again, Amazon may change it again. You just never know with Amazon.

uafgrad said:   rbraden said:   Gotcha. Pretty lame, but there's certainly nothing I can do about it. Let's hope I can unload the last 2 coupons before the value is next to nothing.

Then again, Amazon may change it again. You just never know with Amazon.

eBay just ended my auction before I could sell it...oh well, I unloaded 3 of 5 earlier today for almost $75 each, so I won't complain. I'll wait and see how this one settles before I worry about the last 2.

uafgrad said:   esoterica said:   uafgrad said:   Just a head's up: Amazon is starting to change the terms of their coupons. The laptop code right now no longer works for most Apple laptops. There is only one it still works on. It is obvious Amazon is in the process of revamping the terms and conditions of the coupon codes.

Not really. They covered themselves pretty good I would say.

Promotional code must be requested on Kindle with Special Offers device by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), August 8, 2011.
This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time), September 8, 2011. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
You must have a Kindle with Special Offers device registered to the same account as the qualifying purchase.
If any of the merchandise related to this promotion is returned, the promotional code value will be subtracted from your return credit.
Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com and not by any other merchant.
Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
Offer good while supplies last.

Void where prohibited.
Offer must be used for a single order.

Yep, read all of that. The only part that applies to me is "Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time." But while almost all terms and conditions state something to that effect, that doesn't mean that clause is legally binding. Bait-and-switch laws always prevail, and reducing the number of applicable computers from ~537 to 40 is unequivocally bait-and-switch.

This really sucks like hell. I hope Amazon lets my Macbook Air through.

esoterica said:   

Yep, read all of that. The only part that applies to me is "Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time." But while almost all terms and conditions state something to that effect, that doesn't mean that clause is legally binding. Bait-and-switch laws always prevail, and reducing the number of applicable computers from ~537 to 40 is unequivocally bait-and-switch.

Eeerrr....yeah....I don't think so.

PharmerNate said:   PharmerNate said:   Anyone know if the 20% off code works on the Amazzon computers that are valid for the free Xbox 360? If so, does the total still have to be above $699 AFTER the discount? Thanks.

Still trying to figure this one out. Can't find any wording to:
1) Specifically say that you can't do BOTH the discount and the free XBox 360, and
2) Say if the computer has to be $699 BEFORE or AFTER a discount is applied (assuming that you can do both)

Guess I'll just have to try it and hope for the best.

Would like to know this as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014