• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Admission at participating museums on Museum day (Sept 24th, 2011)

1. Visit this link.
2. Fill out the form. (and choose your museum)
3. Wait for the email.
4. Print the tickets and bring them to the Museum you choose on Museum day (9/24/2011)

Edit: Thanks Sept1967

Sept1967 said: 9/24/11 is also (Public Lands Day) Free Entrance Day in the National Parks http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm You could go see a museum IN or near a nationl park, all free on the same day

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
bump. this is this saturday!

Foreverman (Sep. 20, 2011 @ 12:27p) |

Thank you.......

majsharky (Sep. 20, 2011 @ 12:53p) |

Filoli was on the list of the free museum day. When I went there the clerk told me that it was an error and will not be... (more)

whysomuch (Sep. 26, 2011 @ 5:08p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Got 2 tickets to the football HOF - saved $42!

Thanks OP, got 2 for the Booth Art Museum where I live,Great deal

thanks!

Thanks OP!!!

whats good to see in VA/DC?

The best museums in DC are already free.

TerpBE said:   The best museums in DC are already free.

definition of thread-crapping.

byteless said:   whats good to see in VA/DC?

I would recommend the Smithsonian National Air and Space museum in DC if you like that type of thing. Probably the best museum of it's kind that I've been to.

I have seen the free one. I was wondering the one which are not free and worth going there using the free ticket.

nucor said:   TerpBE said:   The best museums in DC are already free.

He's responding to the post before his, and he's right. The Smithsonian and the National Gallery are free.

nucor said:   TerpBE said:   The best museums in DC are already free.

example of thread-crapping-crapping

Thanks , found one in my area, a $50 savings. I think everyone can find something that spurs their interest.

Good museums in DC and VA not on the list...

rrsurfer1 said:   byteless said:   whats good to see in VA/DC?

I would recommend the Smithsonian National Air and Space museum in DC if you like that type of thing. Probably the best museum of it's kind that I've been to.

Although parking is not free, the Air and Space near the airport is my favorite. That's where they have the Space Shuttle Enterprise.

The Museum of Crime and Punishment in DC is not free however when we tried to use the coupon last year on free museum day there was a long line and they said we might not even get in so we left. Just because you have the free pass does not mean you will get in.

Who's headed to the California Science Center on 9/24? I'll see you there!

Great Deal...

Nothing wrong with free admission for the family to The National WWII Museum.

Will more museums get added to the list?

OP add this to your title, so it is a single thread -

9/24/11 is also (Public Lands Day)

Free Entrance Day in the National Parks
http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm

You could go see a museum IN or near a nationl park, all free on the same day

Thanks.
No Museum of Science and Industry (Chicago).
Now, to choose another museum.

If your busy this day dont forget BOA "Museums on us" if you have one of there credit cards. Free admission to 150 museums nation wide on the first weekend of every month. The OP deal has more museums and is good for two people vs BOA which only allows the CC holder in for free.

http://museums.bankofamerica.com/

apv7 said:   If your busy this day dont forget BOA "Museums on us" if you have one of there credit cards. Free admission to 150 museums nation wide on the first weekend of every month. The OP deal has more museums and is good for two people vs BOA which only allows the CC holder in for free.

http://museums.bankofamerica.com/

Last year, I went to Chicago Shedd Aquarium with the BoA ATM cards. We pay a little extra to see the show.
And got the tickets for Museum of Transportation in St. Louis. That was also fun too. Of course, on different days.

doesn't target do something similar??

5SpdSolara said:   Who's headed to the California Science Center on 9/24? I'll see you there!Just checked the CA Science Center website and it says admission is free everyday, if you need a little flexibility.

Used 3 family members emails and got tix to 3 venues downstate in GA. Good excuse to leave the Big City!!! Thanks

Used 3 family members emails and got tix to 3 venues downstate in GA. Good excuse to leave the Big City!!! Thanks

The confirm email still hasn't arrived. It's been 24 hours at least already...

Sharkdiver49 said:   The confirm email still hasn't arrived. It's been 24 hours at least already...

Email museumday@si.edu and they will forward you your ticket link.

Sharkdiver49 said:   The confirm email still hasn't arrived. It's been 24 hours at least already...

For some reason hotmail blocks the confirmation email completely and it doesn't even show up in junk folder (confirmed with 2 different hotmail accounts). After registering with a yahoo mail I received the confirmation on the spot.
I also blew another promotion because of hotmail...

EDIT: It is probably saveology that messed up the order, not hotmail... there is no history of any order in my account there

Thanks.Good.

bump. this is this saturday!

Thank you.......

Filoli was on the list of the free museum day. When I went there the clerk told me that it was an error and will not be honoring them for free museum entry. What a bummer!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014