• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon Student Prime
Disclaimer
1. Sign in to your Amazon Account
2. Go to Link
3. Renew your Prime account at the discounted rate.

Details:
Upgrade now to get Amazon Prime for only $39/year (normally $79/year) and enjoy:

*Unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping with no minimum order size.
*FREE Release-Date Delivery on video games, DVDs, books and more.
*Plus unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime instant videos.

thanks bsktball

Edit: This will lock in the rate for the next 3 years (assuming your first year was free)!
Amazon.com said: You will continue to receive Amazon Prime benefits for $39/year as long as you are a student up to total of 4 years (free and paid) after which your Amazon Prime benefits will renew at the full price.

Edit 2: Please take into account that this is a paid subscription. When you sign up for a paid annual membership, your free period will end immediately and your paid Amazon Prime membership will begin. It will not add on to your existing FREE Prime account.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Prime
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
noticed they changed the terms for the initial free period...

Amazon Student is a free membership program created especia... (more)

rsuaver (Aug. 17, 2011 @ 7:39p) |

From Amazon prime page::

If you haven't been an Amazon Prime member in the last 13 months, you can sign up for a free tri... (more)

mrgamers (Sep. 23, 2011 @ 12:03a) |

I read that as you have to wait 13 months after you Prime ended before you can sign up for a free trial. So really it's ... (more)

jtdeals (Sep. 23, 2011 @ 6:00a) |

New accounts require an active .edu email address to sign-up.
Prime Terms and Conditions

How to check the Expiration Date on your current Student Account:
1. Sign-in
2. Go to "Your Account"
3. Navigate to the "Settings" Box
4. Click "Manage Prime Membership"

How to sign up for Student Prime (New Account)
1. Sign up using link in the OP
2. Fill in information (email, password, etc.)
3. Enter .edu email address
4. Amazon will send a confirmation email to your .edu address
5. Click confirmation link
6. Use Prime Shipping Free for a year! (Use method above to confirm Exp Date)

Same .edu account works with a different/new Amazon account. - Thanks josh555
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please take into account that this is a paid subscription. When you sign up for a paid annual membership, your free period will end immediately and your paid Amazon Prime membership will begin. It will not add on to your existing FREE Prime account.

If you've never joined Prime Student (or have a second .edu email you can use), then follow the same link in the OP and sign-up for your first year free See discussion here.

116sloppyjoe116 said:   Please take into account that this is a paid subscription. When you sign up for a paid annual membership, your free period will end immediately and your paid Amazon Prime membership will begin. It will not add on your existing Prime account.


Thanks for the heads up, almost forfeited 8 free months.

Wish I had known this before I signed up recently! Doh!

CK said:   Wish I had known this before I signed up recently! Doh!Call and ask for the difference. YMMV, but I've always had really good experiences with Amazon's CS. If you go for it, reply back and let us know how it went! Good luck

Thanks, my free Prime student account will expire on July 12, so this is a good time to renew.

sukiyaki75 said:   Thanks, my free Prime student account will expire on July 12, so this is a good time to renew.

I think a lot of our Prime Student accounts will expire on July 12th.

How does one find out the expiration date for the free student prime account?

this might be worth it to drop Netflix

my free one is good till feb 2012. hopefully they'll be offering some discount again by then.

Been wondering how they slip this to us. Meaning us free users.

allivant said:   this might be worth it to drop Netflix

From what I was reading, Prime Student doesnt get the rentals and movies like regular prime does. I know the op said it does, and maybe its been telling me tha now because its "free." Im going to check into it.

This is kinda BS. they should be free for students. I send a lot of business there way and Im a college kid. I know people were gettin around the system, but they could fix that system.

May have to shop around... sucks

Super hot OP! Gotta verify with my fellow Amazon Priminians they want to continue their memberships... $40 is a great deal- especially since it'll go for a couple years at that price!

I'm in! Thanks for the alert. My free student membership was set to expire in 5 days - and I'd completely forgotten about it.

bballsk8er333 said:   allivant said:   this might be worth it to drop Netflix

From what I was reading, Prime Student doesnt get the rentals and movies like regular prime does. I know the op said it does, and maybe its been telling me tha now because its "free." Im going to check into it.

This is kinda BS. they should be free for students. I send a lot of business there way and Im a college kid. I know people were gettin around the system, but they could fix that system.

May have to shop around... sucks


OPs link clearly shows you will have access to videos. The way I read it you are "upgrading" to the Full Amazon Prime and are getting a discount since you are an Amazon Prime Student.

One free year and a hefty discount on the full service (with streaming) ... can't really complain for $39 without sound a bit petty.

Heads up to all those whose memberships are set to expire shortly:

UNLESS YOU NOTIFY US BEFORE RENEWAL THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL OR DO NOT WANT TO AUTO RENEW, YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR PRIME MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AND YOU AUTHORIZE US (WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU) TO COLLECT THE THEN-APPLICABLE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP FEE AND ANY TAXES, USING ANY CREDIT CARD WE HAVE ON RECORD FOR YOU.

You can already get free shipping from Amazon as long as you order $25 or more. Why pay $40 per year
just to get the stuff a couple days earlier? Think of it this way, you can "save" $40 by just waiting
a few days more to receive your order.

TheThinker said:   You can already get free shipping from Amazon as long as you order $25 or more. Why pay $40 per year
just to get the stuff a couple days earlier? Think of it this way, you can "save" $40 by just waiting
a few days more to receive your order.


The benefits of Prime are listed in the OP. Just because you think it's a waste, doesn't mean others do. Besides, sometimes people dont want to spend an extra $20 on stuff they dont need to get free shipping on a $5 item that they do need.

thx, well worth it

Lane03 said:   TheThinker said:   You can already get free shipping from Amazon as long as you order $25 or more. Why pay $40 per year
just to get the stuff a couple days earlier? Think of it this way, you can "save" $40 by just waiting
a few days more to receive your order.


The benefits of Prime are listed in the OP. Just because you think it's a waste, doesn't mean others do. Besides, sometimes people dont want to spend an extra $20 on stuff they dont need to get free shipping on a $5 item that they do need.


Bingo.

PhDeez said:   bballsk8er333 said:   allivant said:   this might be worth it to drop Netflix

From what I was reading, Prime Student doesnt get the rentals and movies like regular prime does. I know the op said it does, and maybe its been telling me tha now because its "free." Im going to check into it.

This is kinda BS. they should be free for students. I send a lot of business there way and Im a college kid. I know people were gettin around the system, but they could fix that system.

May have to shop around... sucks


OPs link clearly shows you will have access to videos. The way I read it you are "upgrading" to the Full Amazon Prime and are getting a discount since you are an Amazon Prime Student.


yeA, just checked it. Its seems a lot of the movies/shows arent even free for prime users from what ive read online. theres still a whole heapload that are, so i take it back. its pretty good alternative.

Just wish Amazon had "weeds" avail to us online prime users, haha.

ill fork the 40 a year. thanks

edit: btw, for the op, this is not a student renewal. it is a Amazon prime upgrade at the students (half) price. Student memberships (some still have it as Amazon recently did the deal again) still are free and dont get movies.

Why not just switch to the "Moms Prime" program instead? No movies, but still free, and seemingly for an unlimited time.

edit: never mind:
What happens when the three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime end--will I be charged?
No, you will not be charged anything. If you earned additional months of free shipping benefits by spending in the Baby Store, then your free shipping benefits will be extended by the appropriate amount. If you did not earn additional months, then the free shipping benefit will simply end. You can always join Amazon Prime at the normal subscription price.

I got the 2nd free year of student prime in feb, so I still got about 7 months. I'll wait it out.

I just got it renewed, my student prime is expiring on July 12th, so this is perfect time. Thanks OP.

Thanks OP. Mine was expiring on July 13th. I was watching like a hawk for another deal and this is awesome.

If the movie and tv show selection is decent (i.e. popular stuff is available) then this is a much better deal than Netflix for streaming content.

I was "invited" by a family member that's a student back on July 12th last year. What happens if they choose not to renew or go for this discounted pricing? Can I upgrade for the $39 by myself? and if so I don't see where to do it. If they do choose to renew at the $39 will that still allow them to keep on those that they invited originally?

Is this a full fledged "regular" Prime account w/ ALL the benefits, but simply 1/2 price for students (i.e. can you share this with 3 other people)? I'm currently "sharing" my daughter's Amazon Student (before they pulled the plug on sharing).

If you can share, then $10/person is a no brainer. Of course, it will be $20 for me because I'll have to pay my daughter's portion too.

suezyque said:   I was "invited" by a family member that's a student back on July 12th last year. What happens if they choose not to renew or go for this discounted pricing? Can I upgrade for the $39 by myself? and if so I don't see where to do it.Pretty sure you would need a .edu email to use the $39 upgrade for yourself.

doublehelix747 said:   How does one find out the expiration date for the free student prime account?1. Sign-in
2. Go to "Your Account"
3. Navigate to the "Settings" Box
4. Click "Manage Prime Membership"

There you will see your Membership Information, including your start and expiration date.

Kind of offtopic question :
If I have a second .edu address in the family, do i get a second year of free student membership ?

Thanks

Wasn't this still free just a few weeks or months ago? That is, if you cancelled your old free Student Prime, you could renew for a year for free again? Is that over?

Lane03 said:   TheThinker said:   You can already get free shipping from Amazon as long as you order $25 or more. Why pay $40 per year
just to get the stuff a couple days earlier? Think of it this way, you can "save" $40 by just waiting
a few days more to receive your order.


The benefits of Prime are listed in the OP. Just because you think it's a waste, doesn't mean others do. Besides, sometimes people dont want to spend an extra $20 on stuff they dont need to get free shipping on a $5 item that they do need.


Ok, but you're not getting free shipping. You're getting a $40 shipping fee per year. If you order a lot, it's a low fee, but
it's still not free.

i don't see a receipt that i just paid $39 for the renewal/upgrade. don't see any charge for it either when i went to manage prime membership. just showing that my acct. exp. 7/9/12.

how long does it take for you to get an email confirmation w/paid student prime for $39?

tooloud said:   Wasn't this still free just a few weeks or months ago? That is, if you cancelled your old free Student Prime, you could renew for a year for free again? Is that over?

Yes, I was going to go the route that so many others were taking where they canceled their student Prime account and then reapplied for it and got another year for free. I was too afraid to do it months ago for fear it may not work and I would lose the rest of my free first year, so I waited until my account got closer to expiring (next Thursday the free year runs out) before trying it with a new EDU address (the school changed it from the one I signed up with last year). Won't this $40/year be $40 more than I could have paid before? (i.e. nothing?)

To me this is RED - It was free for students, now they want to charge? come on... Would I renew it, more than like it, but should have been free...

yeah, i messed up my student prime when i canceled back in april. but i did sign up with this new promo and still not see any $39 charged confirmation. only thing my acct. show is that my student prime expires 7/9/12. perhaps i got this completely free for 1 year? i won't be able to check my cc until next week for any $39 charge. anymoo, it's a bargain at $39. i spend much more $ buying because of this deal.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Is this a full fledged "regular" Prime account w/ ALL the benefits, but simply 1/2 price for students (i.e. can you share this with 3 other people)? I'm currently "sharing" my daughter's Amazon Student (before they pulled the plug on sharing).

If you can share, then $10/person is a no brainer. Of course, it will be $20 for me because I'll have to pay my daughter's portion too.

I just did this deal, and I don't see anything in "Manage Your Prime" that lets me share it with other people. I'm not sure how it will affect people who are already set up to share.

Thanks OP hadn't even checked to see when my student expired. Going to give it a shot.

Skipping 105 Messages...
mrgamers said:   From Amazon prime page::

If you haven't been an Amazon Prime member in the last 13 months, you can sign up for a free trial. Visit the Amazon Prime Free Trial page to start a free trial now, or look for free trial offers when you check out and on product pages.

so does this means every 13 months you can sign up for Amazon prime trial-even if you had sign up for it as a student or trial member previously?
I read that as you have to wait 13 months after you Prime ended before you can sign up for a free trial. So really it's every 25 months.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014