10.1" screen, 16gb storage, USB and Micro HDMI ports, 5MP Camera, Micro SD Slot

Model A500-10s16u

WHILE SUPPLIES LAST, no rc's

$399 PLUS get $50 Target GC back

Member Summary

ACER Iconia A500
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Cnet actually said that this was better than the Asus Transformer (tablet only, without the keyboard) since it has extra inputs and better camera with flash, but the Asus beat it in price. At this price, it becomes comparable to the Asus.

http://reviews.cnet.com/2722-3126_7-1134.html

BTW, these are already $399 at Target stores. You might be able to PM at Staples and use the $50 coupon, making it the same price as Target with GC.

Will it be in the papers , online ?

What's the source of this info please?

Target Ad
Disclaimer
Archon810 said:   What's the source of this info please?That would be from the snapshot of next week's ad.

WishingOnAStar said:   Archon810 said:   What's the source of this info please?That would be from the snapshot of next week's ad.

Thank you, sir.

So these should be about $290 by early fall, and around $250 by Black Friday.

Not to mention that by next spring, there's literally going to be 20x the number of similar spec'd tablets jockeying for shelf space, so I'm seeing an LCD HDTV price point downward curve in the future.

Bottom line: If one really needs or wants one of these now, and just can't wait, this seems like a good deal, while for those more patient, they'll likely get a more capable device for about 35% less money by next spring.

JesseLivermore said:   So these should be about $290 by early fall, and around $250 by Black Friday.

Not to mention that by next spring, there's literally going to be 20x the number of similar spec'd tablets jockeying for shelf space, so I'm seeing an LCD HDTV price point downward curve in the future.

Bottom line: If one really needs or wants one of these now, and just can't wait, this seems like a good deal, while for those more patient, they'll likely get a more capable device for about 35% less money by next spring.
We'll deal with Black Friday when it comes along. It's like saying, wait until next year's model, then this model will be cheap. Heck, may as well just wait for Target to put these on clearance. A lucky few might be able to get it for 75% off.

WishingOnAStar said:   JesseLivermore said:   So these should be about $290 by early fall, and around $250 by Black Friday.

We'll deal with Black Friday when it comes along. It's like saying, wait until next year's model, then this model will be cheap. Heck, may as well just wait for Target to put these on clearance. A lucky few might be able to get it for 75% off.

In 2007 I bought a Sharp 32" LCD TV at Costco after returned another Visio, for $750, and that was a good deal. This Jan, I bought a LG 47" TV with internet, for $650. 4 years, a 32" LCD now only sell for $250.
Not like a nice bottle of wine, you will forget about how much you paid for it after you drink it all up... For the same price I paid for my HP 17" i3 laptop, I can get i5 sandy bridge now... You name it. But like my new car, if there is a 2012 model available, I'll still buy the new model even I know it's more expensive, at the time, say black friday, we will all look at the new model, still spending the same amount of money ($400), not $250 on this thing.

Amen.

I can't fathom why people are so willing to waste $150-$200 on cheap chinese android tablets knowing this pricing pressure and rapid growth in price/performance will unfold over the next 3-6 months. It's not like the wait is 2 years, it's literally starting now and we're seeing it with these first group of tabs.

All those defective Asus Transformers are bound to get refurbished and start showing up through all sorts of channels at $299-$329. That's about a fair price for one of these, especially considering Amazon will probably sell an 8.9 tab at cost running ICS between August and September, not to mention quad core Tegra tabs will be coming in October, and a slew of Qualcomm tabs as well starting any day.

Anyone paying $499 or more who does not have a valid use case for their tablet is going to have buyer's remorse by the holidays when the deals on these things drop them into the $199-$249 range after promotions and discounts, IMO.

Anyone paying $159 for a cheap chinese resistive screen tab, same story except they'll cry because $159 will buy a tier 1 tablet, and when all thoes chinese tabs start failing people will end up paying the same price and getting less than if they'd just buy a Transformer or Iconia today.

Been waiting for a decent tablet for my company to buy for me.

mach6 said:   Been waiting for a decent tablet for my company to buy for me.
Now, that's a deal!

JesseLivermore said:   So these should be about $290 by early fall, and around $250 by Black Friday.
Did a quick sampling of a couple Targets here in Socal (Pasadena, West Hollywood, and Glendale). All three stores have plenty of Iconia in stock, and have only sold a couple today (as of 1330 PDT). Today's sale is moving more notebooks out of the door than tablets. At this rate, we should have tablet deals a plenty come Fall/Spring.

Waiting for a windows tablet below $200. It'll come, hopefully end of next year.

whodini said:   Waiting for a windows tablet below $200. It'll come, hopefully end of next year.
What's good for windows tab? I thought the android tab is just fine for a normal to basic usage. TIA

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014