• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Don't know if this is just my local WalMart, but they had the 5 qt jugs for $20. Cheapest I've ever seen it. Picked up some 5W30 for my Toyota.

Member Summary

Mobil 1
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
np. Figured I picked up my share already.

spinn (Aug. 06, 2011 @ 1:16a) |

+1 about what shahhere said about Blackstone labs. If really want to know what's going on with your oil, send them a sa... (more)

Slickone (Aug. 06, 2011 @ 7:55p) |

There is a new $10 coupon for Mobil1 at Autozone. Apparently Walmarts are taking it. so pretty good price.

http://www.mob... (more)

dufftrinidad (Aug. 30, 2011 @ 2:31p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice...can't beat Mobil 1

I went to local WalMart in Los Angeles and the regula M1 is $26.50, don't remember the M1EP price.

I think the lowest I've seen it at WalMart is $20.

I wish Advance Auto still sold synthetic oil with premium filter for $25 still.
I stocked up on Mobil Oil and Penzoil when they were doing it last time.

I thought I saw the same deal at WalMart. I loaded up 5 jugs in my cart only to find out that it wasn't Mobile One Advanced (their best). It was Mobile One Super. Super doesn't have all the performance characteristics as advanced. Check the jugs before you buy.

usadaytrader said:   Check the jugs before you buy.The same advice applies to lapdances.

Mobil 1 Advanced Full Synthetic
Disclaimer
usadaytrader said:   I thought I saw the same deal at WalMart. I loaded up 5 jugs in my cart only to find out that it wasn't Mobile One Advanced (their best). It was Mobile One Super. Super doesn't have all the performance characteristics as advanced. Check the jugs before you buy.

Didn't know there was differences, anyways, mine says Advanced Full Synthetic.

Here's a link to compare Mobil Super vs Mobil 1 (Advanced)

Mobil 1 = Advanced. There is no Mobil 1 Super...it's just Mobil Super Synthetic.

Good price, but for some reason the 3 WalMart's near me are always out of stock of 5W30. I thought they had one of the best inventory systems in the industry, but lately this seems to be a pattern as I often leave the stores without being able to get everything on the list, with multiple items out of stock.

spinn said:   usadaytrader said:   I thought I saw the same deal at WalMart. I loaded up 5 jugs in my cart only to find out that it wasn't Mobile One Advanced (their best). It was Mobile One Super. Super doesn't have all the performance characteristics as advanced. Check the jugs before you buy.

Didn't know there was differences, anyways, mine says Advanced Full Synthetic.

Here's a link to compare Mobil Super vs Mobil 1 (Advanced)

Mobil 1 = Advanced. There is no Mobil 1 Super...it's just Mobil Super Synthetic.

Thats a good deal. However i was just asking people to be aware. And I dont play the semantics game.

Wish they carried 0W40

kenyee said:   Wish they carried 0W40

Select Walmarts carry the 5w40 Turbo Diesel Truck formulations (TDT) in the old 1 gallon jugs (instead of the 5qt) which I've been using in my classic turbo gasoline car. Used oil analysis (UOA) from this oil suggest that TDT has a robust additive package suitable for my application. You should look into it.

EDIT: Correction, TDT is 5w40, not 0w40. Good oil nonetheless.

Take advantage of their competitor coupon policy to take off another $10.

http://www.autozone.com/images/MEDIA_ProductCatalog/m490008_exxo...

YMMV. This specific type of coupon is excluded in the terms, but their use has a high success rate.

won't work.
MrChris said:   Take advantage of their competitor coupon policy to take off another $10.

MrChris said:   Take advantage of their competitor coupon policy to take off another $10.

Obviously YMMV and you might get lucky, but WalMart's coupon policy specifically says:
We DO NOT accept the following coupons:...

Competitors' coupons
* Dollars/cents off at a specific retailer

http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

This coupon was posted on another deal site over 2 weeks ago. Everyone has been using it at WalMart and very few people have been turned down.

Shek said:   won't work.

TerpBE said:   MrChris said:   Take advantage of their competitor coupon policy to take off another $10.

Obviously YMMV and you might get lucky, but WalMart's coupon policy specifically says:
We DO NOT accept the following coupons:...

Competitors' coupons
* Dollars/cents off at a specific retailer

http://walmartstores.com/7655.aspx

Do they have 5W-40 ESP Formula M?

Nice

checked at local WalMart in milpitas, ca and they have the 5w20 for 25.XX. autozone coupon not accepted.

Regular price at the Bellingham WalMart is $23 for this oil. Price drop should at least cover tax.

cardxs said:   Do they have 5W-40 ESP Formula M?

I've never seen nor heard of 5W-40 ESP Formula M being available at WalMart. Only places I have been able to obtain it locally are at the MB dealer or Pepboys.

Last Black Friday, I got 12 @ $4/qt from Pepboys. Tried again last week when Pepboys had Mobil 1 Synthetic for $5/qt. They refused to sell it to me for the sale price. They gave me a line that the sale didn't include Extended Performance (which 5W-40 ESP Formula M is not).

This really is the best oil you can buy..cannot beat Mobil 1 (synthetic) or Mobil Super (regular oil)

Does WalMart sell M1 Extended Performance?

oil is oil. $20 for 5 quarts of any motor oil is a rip off.

spinn said:   Don't know if this is just my local WalMart, but they had the 5 qt jugs for $20. Cheapest I've ever seen it. Picked up some 5W30 for my Toyota. was $25 this week in the Cedar Knolls NJ WalMart

strobe2000 said:   Does WalMart sell M1 Extended Performance?yes

Uh, oil is oil?

Whatever WM has for $14 to $16 for 5 qts works for my cars.

glockophile said:   oil is oil. $20 for 5 quarts of any motor oil is a rip off.

Read a book...

bigittyben said:   glockophile said:   oil is oil. $20 for 5 quarts of any motor oil is a rip off.

Read a book...

Books are written by writers underwritten by who?

Is anyone going to make a BAD oil, oh the liability.

Shek said:   MrChris said:   Take advantage of their competitor coupon policy to take off another $10.

won't work.
Worked. Thanks MrChris.

EDIT: $25.82 before coupon at my store.

yesidonoitall said:   Whatever WM has for $14 to $16 for 5 qts works for my cars.

And for you that is perfectly fine and ultimately may or may not have any significant difference for your cars whether you used synthetic or not. Most of the people reading this thread are synthetic fanbois (myself included) due to a noticeable difference(may be imagined) between regular oil and synthetic oil but given 2 to 2.5 oil changes a year at 6k intervals at $20/jug synthetic(this thread price) vs $16(your stated price) amounts to a whopping $8 to $12 a year so not really a huge payout on our part for a possible increase in engine longevity and/or gas mileage. Personally I still have about 2 years worth of free after rebate synthetic oil left and can only hope for more FAR deals in that time

TerpBE said:   usadaytrader said:   Check the jugs before you buy.The same advice applies to lapdances.

and you have to make sure you are getting what you pay for -- synthetic or natural

This is close to the everyday price of the oil at most Walmarts around the country. The one here seems to fluctuate prices a bit but likes to stay around the 22-25 buck range. It just sort of sucks that they do not carry the 0-40W european blend that my Jetta loves.

ch4rmander said:   This is close to the everyday price of the oil at most Walmarts around the country. The one here seems to fluctuate prices a bit but likes to stay around the 22-25 buck range. It just sort of sucks that they do not carry the 0-40W european blend that my Jetta loves.

Surely the dealer has it.....

Side note...
RE:
5 and 6 quart.....

Is it the norm ? that a dealer, namely here the Ford dealer....
Oil and filter
$30 for up to 5 quarts....
If you need a 6th (Lincoln TownCar)it is $6.00 more and they must in their words
sell it to you, they won't let you leave partially full to go and buy the qt elsewhere.

They advise you of this when you go in....

ch4rmander said:   This is close to the everyday price of the oil at most Walmarts around the country. The one here seems to fluctuate prices a bit but likes to stay around the 22-25 buck range. It just sort of sucks that they do not carry the 0-40W european blend that my Jetta loves.

I had just seen it priced around $26 last week at another local WalMart; cheapest I'd seen it before was $23.50. I sure wish too that they had 0W40 in the 5qt jugs for my MB.

Picked up 3 5qt jugs of the 5w30 mobil one at WalMart. cashier stated "they take all coupons". this was in pittsburgh, pa. reg price was $25.82 - $10 off = $15.82 =)

pghdsm said:   Picked up 3 5qt jugs of the 5w30 mobil one at WalMart. cashier stated "they take all coupons". this was in pittsburgh, pa. reg price was $25.82 - $10 off = $15.82 =)

Did you need 3 separate coupons? Were they all on the same transaction?

Just bought two and needed two coupons. 26.82 each.

I checked big Super Wally World in Country Club Hills, IL was $26 something plus tax..walked out on that..

Napa Auto has a pretty good full syn for $3.39 a quart till the end of the month..

Skipping 20 Messages...
There is a new $10 coupon for Mobil1 at Autozone. Apparently Walmarts are taking it. so pretty good price.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Coupon_$10_Of...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014