• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
MisterEd said:   My wife has been a "para-professional" (PC name for a teacher's aide) in the local middle school for the last 28 years and part of her job is "supervising" the kids during breakfast and lunch. She's been there 28 years. What aggravates her most is the majority of the kids who get the free breakfasts and lunches come to school in $150 sneakers, designer jeans and the parents drop them off in luxury cars (she sees this because she has door duty at breakfast). Many of them carry smartphones and have iPods.

What's wrong with this picture?

Either it's the relative "poverty" level and or the stupid parents. They really might have little to no income, and the parents make it worse by not learning to say "no".

MisterEd said:   What's wrong with this picture?

Well I guess everything is right with respective to govt. Govt sets the limit as 37k to qualify for the special programs like food stamps and free lunches in the school, but never bothered to check how much they are earning and concealing using their business accounts, for example if a person have a corporation who is earning as much as 100k and they can spend 60k for buying luxury car and another 10k for the corporate expenses and show less than 40k as their income, which is perfectly fine for the govt yet they are legally qualified to get the benefits from special programs like food stamps and free lunches even though they can afford to roam in luxury cars and come with $100 sneakers or ipods.

Well my friend that is called corporate america... welcome. Well who you can blame for this? govt? or guys who are abusing the system's loopholes?

JaxFL said:   skh12 said:   this is not a hot deal for taxpayers

Dont forget to hit up the all the posts where private businesses offer military discount, with all those military families soaking it to us taxpayers it must be costing the taxpayers a fortune.

I apologize ahead of time if I am misunderstanding your post. Military families are given discounts because of the sacrifices they make. It is not just a cliché. The other day I was on a Bahamas cruise where I saw a soldier who had brought his two small children with him prior to shipping out for Afghanistan. He took his young son (9,10?) up to show him how to dance and later was joined by his young daughter. I couldn't help but imagine the things that were going through his head. I'd gladly pay for his kids school lunch or internet before I pay for some lazy ass crack whore's kids. I know it is not the kids fault that their mom is that way. Unfortunately, life isn't always fair. But when government tries to make it fair it often makes it even more unfair for others.

Classmates may have free lunch and iPhones with 4g, but it is all what they have. So it is great deal, will share with parents of my school.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014