• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Needed a cheap mower for my cabin so I went to Home Depot. Manager told me all reconditioned mowers(not certain about other reconditioned garden power equipment/ tools) were an extra 25% off per corporate. Picked up a nice self propelled Toro for $146 with full warranty.

As always YMMV but I got the sense this is not just a one store deal.

BTW.......I've had great luck with these Home Depot refurbs.

Member Summary

Reconditioned Lawn Mowers
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which model did you get? I've really been wanting a Honda mower but after calling Honda trying to get info, in which they were mean and unwilling to help right off the bat, and then contacting Toro and getting friendly, helpful info, I'm now going to get a Toro. The experience with Honda shows what it would be like if I needed any warranty service. After having my Troy-Bilt's deck (among other problems...what a POS) rust and fall apart, I was interested in Honda's non-steel deck, but it's not worth the risk.

Aren't HD's refurbs really just returns?

Got a nice refurbished grass edge trimmer for $60 (reg 179.99) + warranty . It was 75% off 3 weeks go at my local HD

They are returns that have been checked and certifed

Slickone said:   Which model did you get? I've really been wanting a Honda mower but after calling Honda trying to get info, in which they were mean and unwilling to help right off the bat, and then contacting Toro and getting friendly, helpful info, I'm now going to get a Toro. The experience with Honda shows what it would be like if I needed any warranty service. After having my Troy-Bilt's deck (among other problems...what a POS) rust and fall apart, I was interested in Honda's non-steel deck, but it's not worth the risk.

Aren't HD's refurbs really just returns?

They are returns that have been checked and certified ( most of them have only been used once or twice i was told)

They had this sign up in my HD the other day and the cashier argued with me that this wasn't the case - that the price marked was the price. After several other HD people weighed in they all agreed that mower was already marked 30% off so the extra 25% didn't apply.

Slick......I got the 20331 model. Regularly $299. They other more expensive ones but this is plenty of mower for the lawn at my cabin.

Darius....I would call corporate on those guys. The manager of my store told me it was a corporate promotion.

Has anyone been able to get one of the Personal Pace models cheap?

They had the electric start model at my store for$204. I almost went for it but it is more mower than I need for my cabin.

I picked up a returned / refurbished Lawn Boy (reg $269) tonight for $180 (tag price) and they knew nothing about the extra 25% off.

The Home Depot Corporate phones were open tonight (till 8pm EST) and an agent told me there is no such promotion.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014