• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Original Price: $398.00
2.5% Cash Back9.95
Price After Cash Back: $388.05

$10 in FC (2.5%) helps offset the tax and makes it a slightly better deal than BB and Target.
Bundle supposedly comes with 3 Bonus Games, but can't find any information on what the games are...

This Special Offer Bundle will be available Online & IN-STORE starting Sunday 8/14 thru 8/20, While Supplies Last

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Acer - Iconia Tablet with 16GB (22.15kB)
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It's great , but i have never tried to buy this on internet .

susanamez (Aug. 15, 2011 @ 10:47p) |

Thanks Poison7FL! I'll check it out!!

skinflinto (Aug. 15, 2011 @ 11:07p) |

I have an Asus Transformer and I am really beginning to like the Acer tablet over the Asus.

Other people's points about t... (more)

TrueKnight (Aug. 16, 2011 @ 9:47a) |

Same deal available at Target, Best Buy, WalMart and Office Depot.

You decide which is the better deal:

Target with 5% RedCard savings up front
Best Buy with RewardZone Certificates, goal towards Premiere membership and GC that you can use to buy eBay and Amazon GCs
WalMart with 2.5% FatCash (5% ShopDiscover and [other]) and an eGiftcard to use online.
Office Depot with 1% FatCash (5% ShopDiscover), the ability to use ink rewards, and if purchased online, can add a $20 Gas Card with coupon 297507837. MiR for online orders to get the $100 GC, instant GC for in-store purchases.

from www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_020W036616910001P :

Receive a $100 savings coupon when your purchase Acer Iconia Tablet. Offer ends 20-Aug-2011.

Details: Applicable to items Sold by Kmart only. Offer ends 08/20/11. Items Sold by Kmart.

Step One: Register on Kmart.com. Already registered? Just login.

Step Two: Purchase the qualifying item Acer Iconia Tablet [020W036616910001]from 08/14/11-08/20/11.

Step Three: From 08/25/2011 to 1/25/2012 we will attach a [$100] coupon to your profile that will appear in your cart for your next Electronics or Entertainment purchase during the redemption time period. You will need at least 1 item for the coupon amount in your cart for the full coupon discount to apply.

Program terms are subject to change at any time. You must have an existing profile or have created a new profile when you make the purchase otherwise you will not be eligible for the Electronics and Entertainment coupon. If you sign in as a guest, you will not be eligible for the coupon. Internationally Shipped Orders are excluded. Offer good through 20-Aug-2011.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer

Same deal available at Target, Best Buy, Office Depot and WalMart.

These deals depend on which store you shop more at. Yes, CashBack is nice, but Target RedCard users get 5% savings upfront ($14.95, based on $299 [$399-$100GC]). BestBuy has their own Rewards program. You will get a $5 certificate for every $250 spent. Premiere members get extra privileges. Also, you can use the BB GC to buy an eBay or Amazon GC, which might be better for most. Office Depot has 5% ShopDiscover CashBack and can use ink rewards to make your purchase. You can also add a $20 Gas Card with coupon 297507837. Personally, I prefer the Target deal, since I shop there more than the others and do plan to use my RedCard. And like many people, we have the "must have NOW" mentality. WalMart forces us to wait for shipping if we want to take advantage of any CashBack deals (plus wait 90 days to get $10 back) or go B&M and lose that. Also, note that WalMart, BestBuy and Office Depot charge sales tax on the $399 price, while Target only charge sales tax on $299.

BTW, the extra games are Need For Speed (NFS) Shift, Lets Golf HD and Hero of Sparta HD. They are preloaded on all Iconias.

never mind

I simply cannot believe how inexpensive these things are getting. For the cheapskates buying Apple products never really makes much sense, with deals like these when you can grab a very nice tablet for about 1/2 the price of a comparable iPad.

I didn't know Target was offering this same deal. Is it B&M or online as well?

Why does it say preorder? Looked at one of these in WalMart yesterday to play with and I love it.

best buy, target and WalMart all offering the same deal...

if Asus would be at this price.. i would jump on it...

As long as Android does not support wi-fi tethering with a cell phone, it is a handicapped product to me.

ssss said:   As long as Android does not support wi-fi tethering with a cell phone, it is a handicapped product to me. Say LG Optimus is tethered from a Laptop/Desktop, will it be different for this Tablet because I will assume ETether should work?

SSSS - I recently drove my family half-way across the country and my daughter's g-tablet was tethered to my phone and streaming Netflix nearly the entire time. Her g-tablet couldn't tell the difference between my phone and a regular wireless router and I seriously doubt any other android product can either.

TARGET is charging sales tax for only 299 (After Giftcard discount), I am not sure if WalMart is doing the same.

dzer0 said:   SSSS - I recently drove my family half-way across the country and my daughter's g-tablet was tethered to my phone and streaming Netflix nearly the entire time. Her g-tablet couldn't tell the difference between my phone and a regular wireless router and I seriously doubt any other android product can either.

It is a well known issue that Android does not support ad-hoc wi-fi mode. If you are Unix savvy, there is a hack. But the product does not support it.

mkrr said:   TARGET is charging sales tax for only 299 (After Giftcard discount), I am not sure if WalMart is doing the same.

WalMart does charge sales tax.

davneil said:   ssss said:   As long as Android does not support wi-fi tethering with a cell phone, it is a handicapped product to me. Say LG Optimus is tethered from a Laptop/Desktop, will it be different for this Tablet because I will assume ETether should work?

All Windows based PC/laptop support ad-hoc wi-fi mode which is the mode your cell phone operates as an access point. But Android does not support this mode without substantial hacking knowledge.

ssss said:   davneil said:   ssss said:   As long as Android does not support wi-fi tethering with a cell phone, it is a handicapped product to me. Say LG Optimus is tethered from a Laptop/Desktop, will it be different for this Tablet because I will assume ETether should work?

All Windows based PC/laptop support ad-hoc wi-fi mode which is the mode your cell phone operates as an access point. But Android does not support this mode without substantial hacking knowledge.

Okay that's odd... Yesterday I was able to tether my Asus Transformer to my LG Optimus V phone's wifi hot spot and I was able to get online without any problems? Perhaps it's just my imagination?

You guys are not differentiating between ad-hoc and infrastructure wifi networks.

nhenny2005 said:   Link

Bundle supposedly comes with 3 Bonus Games, but can't find any information on what the games are..................

This Special Offer Bundle will be available Online & IN-STORE starting Sunday 8/14 thru 8/20, While Supplies Last

Its written under more details....

Pre-loaded Games Need For Speed (NFS) Shift, Lets Golf HD and Hero of Sparta HD

ssss said:   As long as Android does not support wi-fi tethering with a cell phone, it is a handicapped product to me.

Newer wifi tether apps support infrastructure mode from what I read. Adhoc mode would be useful though. There's a support topic open about it on google that's getting pretty decent attention so I think they'll add support fairly soon.

blue tooth tethering is what i use with my iphone and transformer and i think its much better for the battery too. no problems doing that for me

Costco has the 32GB version for $349 after $80 off. It has a case with it as well.

Note that if you go for the WalMart online deal, you would get $100 eGiftcard, which can be used in WalMart.com only.

I connected to my lg optimus hs within the first ten minutes of purchasing my acer a500 just to see if it worked.

desidealmaster said:   nhenny2005 said:   Link

Bundle supposedly comes with 3 Bonus Games, but can't find any information on what the games are..................

Its written under more details....

Pre-loaded Games Need For Speed (NFS) Shift, Lets Golf HD and Hero of Sparta HD

My tab also came with those three titles but had to download additional content in order to run them. The sparta game is pretty decent.

I have a Acer tablet, it sucks actually. How can it cost as much as an iPad did?

How in the world did this become a "Best Deal" and the other threads didn't? It's actually the worst deal of the bunch if you think about it. I updated the Wiki to show all the deals and what the potential is with each. The two best choices are Target B&M if you want it now, and Office Depot with Cash Back and gas card if you can wait.

WishingOnAStar said:   How in the world did this become a "Best Deal" and the other threads didn't? It's actually the worst deal of the bunch if you think about it. I updated the Wiki to show all the deals and what the potential is with each. The two best choices are Target B&M if you want it now, and Office Depot with Cash Back and gas card if you can wait.

OD with gas card via 5% Discover FTW! thanks for that, I am jumpin in now.

I strongly recommend the casecrown case for the a500. Its $25 Amazon or eBay but fits like a glove and protects nicely. It makes it much easierto hold as well. It felt pretty fragile w/o it. Wife used it as her cookbook today as it can stand horizontally on its own now.

aquadoll said:   Note that if you go for the WalMart online deal, you would get $100 eGiftcard, which can be used in WalMart.com only.
It seems worse than that, aquadoll! --

You apparently do NOT get a regular $100 Kmart Gift Card, or even a Kmart eGiftCard -- it's only a $100 "coupon" posted to your online account which can only be applied to a single item from Electronics or Entertainment departments between 8/25/11 and 1/25/12!

Receive a $100 savings coupon when your purchase Acer Iconia Tablet. Offer ends 20-Aug-2011.

Details: Applicable to items Sold by Kmart only. Offer ends 08/20/11. Items Sold by Kmart.

Step One: Register on Kmart.com. Already registered? Just login.

Step Two: Purchase the qualifying item Acer Iconia Tablet [020W036616910001]from 08/14/11-08/20/11.

Step Three: From 08/25/2011 to 1/25/2012 we will attach a [$100] coupon to your profile that will appear in your cart for your next Electronics or Entertainment purchase during the redemption time period. You will need at least 1 item for the coupon amount in your cart for the full coupon discount to apply.

Program terms are subject to change at any time. You must have an existing profile or have created a new profile when you make the purchase otherwise you will not be eligible for the Electronics and Entertainment coupon. If you sign in as a guest, you will not be eligible for the coupon. Internationally Shipped Orders are excluded. Offer good through 20-Aug-2011.

I am in the market for a tablet. Besides IPAD2, what others have 3G capability? My cellphone is not 'smart'. I need web access (surfing/emailing) multiple times/year at various places I visit that are stuck somewhere between the 19th and 20th centuries! Really like that the IPAD2 offers ATT or Verizon monthly service without being tied to a contract. Any tablets available that do the same?

Thanks for the advice!

In for one. Thanks

Bought one in store last night and got $100 gift card on the spot. Opened a WalMart credit card and got another $20 off. Rep said I could apply the $100 gift card towards the balance on the credit card once i get the first statement. Need to verify and make sure he was telling the truth.

daBomb said:   aquadoll said:   Note that if you go for the WalMart online deal, you would get $100 eGiftcard, which can be used in WalMart.com only.
It seems worse than that, aquadoll! --

You apparently do NOT get a regular $100 Kmart Gift Card, or even a Kmart eGiftCard -- it's only a $100 "coupon" posted to your online account which can only be applied to a single item from Electronics or Entertainment departments between 8/25/11 and 1/25/12!

Are you mistaken in thinking this is a Kmart thread although it's through WalMart, or am I missing something?

aquadoll said:   Note that if you go for the WalMart online deal, you would get $100 eGiftcard, which can be used in WalMart.com only.

Actually, I just used the eGiftcard to order a regular $100 WalMart GC shipped (free) to my house. So it's easy to convert it to a regular GC. However, you do lose some benefits when you convert the eGC to regular GC since sometimes WalMart.com has items that are priced less than B&M stores and the website explicitly says "Price may be different in stores". To my knowledge, their stores does not match WalMart.com website prices.

Tiger Direct has the best deal on this. Works out to $348. Question is - Is this a good tablet?

how is 348 better than 299 + tax?

skinflinto said:   I am in the market for a tablet. Besides IPAD2, what others have 3G capability? My cellphone is not 'smart'. I need web access (surfing/emailing) multiple times/year at various places I visit that are stuck somewhere between the 19th and 20th centuries! Really like that the IPAD2 offers ATT or Verizon monthly service without being tied to a contract. Any tablets available that do the same?

Thanks for the advice!

My solution is the Virgin Mobile mifi hotspot. Prepaid, low cost, make your $50/month friends jealous

It's great , but i have never tried to buy this on internet .

Thanks Poison7FL! I'll check it out!!

Skipping 1 Messages...
I have an Asus Transformer and I am really beginning to like the Acer tablet over the Asus.

Other people's points about this tablet:
-Has grid lines over the screen

My observations (why it is better than Asus Transformer):
-The unit can be set on vibrate like on a phone. The transformer does not have a vibrate motor built-in.
-The back camera has flash. The transformer does not.
-The grid lines aren't really noticeable when it is on.

The only disadvantage to the Transformer is that it cannot charge off USB (i.e. when connected to computer). But then most tablets including the Samsung Galaxy Tab cannot.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014