• filter:
  • 118 19 20212270
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Check your inactive email account, Newegg just sent out this month's 10% off coupon (MEMKNURAUG12)
Don't forget 5 extra points per $ from Chase ultimate rewards

rated:
I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit.

rated:
HTN said:   I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit. I doubt you will need to resubmit. Go to Live Chat on the rebateshq website and get them to validate it.

rated:
sakrlewu said:   Check your inactive email account, Newegg just sent out this month's 10% off coupon (MEMKNURAUG12)
I never get those mailings from Newegg. I wonder why they don't like me? .

"Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code MEMKNURAUG12"

rated:
billrubin said:   HTN said:   I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit. I doubt you will need to resubmit. Go to Live Chat on the rebateshq website and get them to validate it.

That happened to me recently with a different Webroot rebate. They wouldn't budge when I contacted them. They kept saying that they need the original UPC and would not accept a photocopy as resubmission. I told them that I already sent the original UPC but they wouldn't accept that. So I had to file a BBB complaint.

rated:
billrubin said:   sakrlewu said:   Check your inactive email account, Newegg just sent out this month's 10% off coupon (MEMKNURAUG12)
I never get those mailings from Newegg. I wonder why they don't like me? .

"Your email address is not valid for redemption of promo code MEMKNURAUG12"

It's probably because they only send the codes to people who haven't bought stuff from them recently.

rated:
Can you combine chase ultimate rewards points and FatCash?

rated:
clearanceman said:   Can you combine chase ultimate rewards points and FatCash?No. They are both referral portals. Same as ebates and FatCash.

rated:
billrubin said:   clearanceman said:   Can you combine chase ultimate rewards points and FatCash?No. They are both referral portals. Same as ebates and FatCash.

That's what I thought. I guess 5% chase is better than whatever FatCash there is that changes every order I make with Newegg.

rated:

rated:
Flatbob said:   Acronis True Image & Disk Director Bundle
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 8/15)
FINALLY! It's been $5-10 AR for a week now.

rated:
billrubin said:   Flatbob said:   Acronis True Image & Disk Director Bundle
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 8/15)
FINALLY! It's been $5-10 AR for a week now.
Yeah, they wait til the last day of the rebate to drop the price to FAR :p

rated:
Flatbob said:   Yeah, they wait til the last day of the rebate to drop the price to FAR :pExcess stock, I guess. Or they didn't sell as many as Acronis wanted to.

rated:
In for one, used Chase link for the first time. I've always used the FatCash previously but it's not 5%.

rated:

rated:
billrubin said:   HTN said:   I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit. I doubt you will need to resubmit. Go to Live Chat on the rebateshq website and get them to validate it.
Just an update, I decided to call the processing center today and got them to validate the rebate. Based upon all the problems people have been posting in this thread, I was expecting to have to fight for my rebate.

Taking advice from rebate veterans like yourself, I acted civil and courteous while asking if I could check on a recent rebate submission. I gave them my tracking number, name and mailing address. The rep put me on hold while she pulled up my record. After about 10 seconds, she returned and said that my rebate is now valid after reviewing my information. I was sort of dumbfounded for a second because not once did I mentioned that my rebate was invalid due to missing UPC. I just wanted to check on its status. I'm not one of those crazy conspiracy people, but I have to wonder if they are hoping that people will get discourage and not call in when their rebates are invalid.

In any case, a BIG thanks Bill! I bow to your great rebate wisdom!

rated:
HTN said:   billrubin said:   HTN said:   I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit. I doubt you will need to resubmit. Go to Live Chat on the rebateshq website and get them to validate it.
Just an update, I decided to call the processing center today and got them to validate the rebate. Based upon all the problems people have been posting in this thread, I was expecting to have to fight for my rebate.

Taking advice from rebate veterans like yourself, I acted civil and courteous while asking if I could check on a recent rebate submission. I gave them my tracking number, name and mailing address. The rep put me on hold while she pulled up my record. After about 10 seconds, she returned and said that my rebate is now valid after reviewing my information. I was sort of dumbfounded for a second because not once did I mentioned that my rebate was invalid due to missing UPC. I just wanted to check on its status. I'm not one of those crazy conspiracy people, but I have to wonder if they are hoping that people will get discourage and not call in when their rebates are invalid.

It's because you're such a "valued customer".

rated:
HTN said:   billrubin said:   HTN said:   I just got an e-mail from Parago saying my Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete rebate submission was invalid due to missing UPC. I knew my luck on having a hassle free submission these past few years would eventual run out. Sigh, time to make a call and resubmit. I doubt you will need to resubmit. Go to Live Chat on the rebateshq website and get them to validate it.

LOL!

rated:

rated:
HTN said:   In any case, a BIG thanks Bill! I bow to your great rebate wisdom!Thanks . I rarely have problems with Parago/Rebateshq rebates, and when I do, a chat typically fixes it. I actually screwed up last month and swapped Corel UPC's from Frys rebates. Naturally both were invalid. I chatted and got them both validated.

BTW my Webroot rebate was received by them today. It's showing as valid. Maybe they had the wrong UPC # originally and were rejecting rebates initially. Something to be said for my package being in USPS limbo for 2 weeks, I guess.

rated:
bitdefender Total Security 2012 - 3 User
$40 - $40 MIR (Exp 8/30/12)

iolo System Mechanic Professional price lowered to $49.99, $10 MM if you haven't done the upgrade rebate before

rated:
billrubin said:   BTW my Webroot rebate was received by them today. It's showing as valid. Maybe they had the wrong UPC # originally and were rejecting rebates initially. Something to be said for my package being in USPS limbo for 2 weeks, I guess.I think my package has moved past limbo, but not to the land flowing with rebate checks and debit cards

rated:
roy7736 said:   The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.I was filling out the forms and just noticed that the regular and upgrade rebates are the same offer numbers (LU12-8913)! Hopefully they will not have problems processing both.

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.I was filling out the forms and just noticed that the regular and upgrade rebates are the same offer numbers (LU12-8913)! Hopefully they will not have problems processing both.

I called rapid-rebates about this on Friday, they told me it won't be a problem, hopefully the csr was right.

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.I was filling out the forms and just noticed that the regular and upgrade rebates are the same offer numbers (LU12-8913)! Hopefully they will not have problems processing both.Already did this through Fry's ($30 rebate + $30 upgrade with same rebate number). I received an email last week that both checks were mailed, explicitly saying that they were each for $30. I expect to receive them both in the next couple days

Oh, and:
McAfee Internet Security 2012 - 1 User
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 8/29)
link to discussion

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.I was filling out the forms and just noticed that the regular and upgrade rebates are the same offer numbers (LU12-8913)! Hopefully they will not have problems processing both.All Soda PDF rebates I have encountered (five products, all with 2 rebates) are this way. I have gotten paid for two of them (four rebates) thus far.

rated:
LOL, look at the rebate on this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16803600070 Also, read the review.

rated:
Flatbob said:   billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.I was filling out the forms and just noticed that the regular and upgrade rebates are the same offer numbers (LU12-8913)! Hopefully they will not have problems processing both.All Soda PDF rebates I have encountered (five products, all with 2 rebates) are this way. I have gotten paid for two of them (four rebates) thus far.Thanks to you and others for the info. Too bad they cannot be mailed in the same envelope.

rated:
jbf154 said:   LOL, look at the rebate on this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16803600070 Also, read the review.I don't see a rebate, just a discount.

rated:
Two MM's through today 8/20 Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional - 5PC has an additional $20 rebate by going to nova rebates and entering code FF20, resulting in about a $10 MM and Avanquest System Suite PC Tune-Up & Repair - 5PC by going to nova rebates and entering code SS20 resulting in about a $15 MM. Hopefully, you haven't done those rebates before, or like me you did those rebates such a long time ago, that the rebates are not showing in the system, and are willing to risk it.

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   Two MM's through today 8/20 Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional - 5PC has an additional $20 rebate by going to nova rebates and entering code FF20, resulting in about a $10 MM and Avanquest System Suite PC Tune-Up & Repair - 5PC by going to nova rebates and entering code SS20 resulting in about a $15 MM. Hopefully, you haven't done those rebates before, or like me you did those rebates such a long time ago, that the rebates are not showing in the system, and are willing to risk it.Did you try these? I get:
  • FF20 - "* Please enter a valid rebate code"
  • SS20 - "* We're sorry, but the rebate you have entered has expired"

rated:
I did Avanquest rebates before and had a bad experience so I will stay away from them. You can enjoy them. Also Hate getting their junk emails.

rated:
SuperOcean said:   I did Avanquest rebates before and had a bad experience so I will stay away from them. You can enjoy them. Also Hate getting their junk emails.

Ditto. More problems with 5-6 Avanquest rebates than the hundreds done with Parago.

rated:
Has anyone tried selling ESET software on eBay? I advertised mine on eBay, and indicated that it would ship in the original retail box (except UPC had been removed). I got a Vero notice removing the listing on the alleged ground that it was a violation of the license agreement. Well, since the license agreement is not printed on the box, I don't see how I am bound by it. I looked up how to challenge a Vero, and it seems that you're supposed to file a counter-notice, but since ESET is a British company, apparently the counter-notice procedure does not apply (according to eBay), and your sole option appears to be getting the company to admit an error in having your listing removed. So I wrote to the company via the email address provided by eBay, saying I was not a party to the license agreement, and of course they came back with some boilerplate citing a provision of the license agreement prohibiting resale.

The kicker is that there are many other active and completed listings that are basically identical to my listing that was removed. Not sure why I was targeted and others were not.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty sure that I'm right on this, but if the company won't admit it, I'm not sure what to do.

rated:
Flatbob said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Two MM's through today 8/20 Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional - 5PC has an additional $20 rebate by going to nova rebates and entering code FF20, resulting in about a $10 MM and Avanquest System Suite PC Tune-Up & Repair - 5PC by going to nova rebates and entering code SS20 resulting in about a $15 MM. Hopefully, you haven't done those rebates before, or like me you did those rebates such a long time ago, that the rebates are not showing in the system, and are willing to risk it.Did you try these? I get:
  • FF20 - "* Please enter a valid rebate code"
  • SS20 - "* We're sorry, but the rebate you have entered has expired"

Sorry, it should be ff1220 and ss1220

rated:
Jagd said:   SuperOcean said:   I did Avanquest rebates before and had a bad experience so I will stay away from them. You can enjoy them. Also Hate getting their junk emails.

Ditto. More problems with 5-6 Avanquest rebates than the hundreds done with Parago.

I got the spam from them, I unsubscribed from their mailing list and stopped receiving them.

rated:
youngcoolguy said:   Has anyone tried selling ESET software on eBay? I advertised mine on eBay, and indicated that it would ship in the original retail box (except UPC had been removed). I got a Vero notice removing the listing on the alleged ground that it was a violation of the license agreement. Well, since the license agreement is not printed on the box, I don't see how I am bound by it. I looked up how to challenge a Vero, and it seems that you're supposed to file a counter-notice, but since ESET is a British company, apparently the counter-notice procedure does not apply (according to eBay), and your sole option appears to be getting the company to admit an error in having your listing removed. So I wrote to the company via the email address provided by eBay, saying I was not a party to the license agreement, and of course they came back with some boilerplate citing a provision of the license agreement prohibiting resale.

The kicker is that there are many other active and completed listings that are basically identical to my listing that was removed. Not sure why I was targeted and others were not.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm pretty sure that I'm right on this, but if the company won't admit it, I'm not sure what to do.

They did the same for my listing 2 times. The ones that get sold are the ones that sell before Eset gets around to reporting them. The best thing to do at this point is to list it at 3-5 day sale and hope it sells before it's taken down. I suspect that the re-seller out of NY might be the one snitching on us as he's selling it for full $59.99 price.

rated:
excellent,want to get some.

rated:
youngcoolguy said:   Has anyone tried selling ESET software on eBay? I advertised mine on eBay, and indicated that it would ship in the original retail box (except UPC had been removed). I got a Vero notice removing the listing on the alleged ground that it was a violation of the license agreement. Well, since the license agreement is not printed on the box, I don't see how I am bound by it. I looked up how to challenge a Vero, and it seems that you're supposed to file a counter-notice, but since ESET is a British company, apparently the counter-notice procedure does not apply (according to eBay), and your sole option appears to be getting the company to admit an error in having your listing removed. So I wrote to the company via the email address provided by eBay, saying I was not a party to the license agreement, and of course they came back with some boilerplate citing a provision of the license agreement prohibiting resale.

Happened to me too. They do remove them all eventually. They don't bother Amazon but the fees are higher and it has to be listed "open box" which reduces the resale value. CL is also an option if you want to mess with it.

rated:
dhilpert said:   youngcoolguy said:   Has anyone tried selling ESET software on eBay? I advertised mine on eBay, and indicated that it would ship in the original retail box (except UPC had been removed). I got a Vero notice removing the listing on the alleged ground that it was a violation of the license agreement. Well, since the license agreement is not printed on the box, I don't see how I am bound by it. I looked up how to challenge a Vero, and it seems that you're supposed to file a counter-notice, but since ESET is a British company, apparently the counter-notice procedure does not apply (according to eBay), and your sole option appears to be getting the company to admit an error in having your listing removed. So I wrote to the company via the email address provided by eBay, saying I was not a party to the license agreement, and of course they came back with some boilerplate citing a provision of the license agreement prohibiting resale.

Happened to me too. They do remove them all eventually. They don't bother Amazon but the fees are higher and it has to be listed "open box" which reduces the resale value. CL is also an option if you want to mess with it.

Same thing happened to me and I also noticed that many people sell them all the time. Maybe you need the right eBay bribe or to know the right eBay people.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 118 19 20212270
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014