• filter:
  • 124 25 26272868
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I've had no issues with Norton or Trend Micro.

rated:
woodsley, stevek8455, I echo your thoughts, however remember that McAfee was also one of the most reliable rebates until they "turned". Before 2010, I could always rely on having McAfee rebate checks in my hand three weeks from mailing date.

BBB for Symantec (B+):
http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/internet-services/sy...

BBB for McAfee (F):
http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-reviews/computers-hardware-s...

I'm very happy that we (both FW and SD) made a difference in McAfee's ratings. I know I submitted at least 7 complaints back in 2010, one for each rebate I lost. I hope Symantec don't screw us like that.

rated:
Is there any regulation of rebates in the U.S.? It seems to me it should be illegal to use the rule changes, issuing these terrible debit cards, hidden rules, lies, and delays for payment, and so on that some of these rebate processors and the rebate issuers are using currently in order to not pay their rebates. Anything I can do to help future rebate filers, and bring the crooks up short?

I did follow up with a person at McAfee on their "Executive Customer Services Team" today. Their position is that (for example) McAfee Total Protection is the SAME PRODUCT, whether it's the 2011 version, or 2012, or 2013 - SAME PRODUCT. You can do one rebate for that product per CALENDAR YEAR. I specifically asked if starting Calendar Year 2013, on Jan. 1, 2013, I can buy another McAfee Total Protection, and file for that products current rebate at that time? He said "Yes, that is fine." One rebate per calendar year. However, I will no longer consider buying ANY McAfee product, regardless of what they do, say, write, or change. I am returning what software I have. Keep your money in your pocket is my suggestion.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

1brooklyn1 said:   Over a 1 week period, Parago invalidated approx. 15 rebates of mine that were valid, and switched to invalid using the term didn't pass the audit process, including several McAfee rebates. I have already contacted the retailers, will contact the manufacturers, and then the BBB and maybe the FTC along with the Texas AG.


Norton and Trend, but it's probably just me with Parago,I have had many issues with them over the years.


Now THIS is a concern if true. I've never had any issues with Norton and Trend. And I doubt it's YOUR issue with Parago, since with McAfee, they clearly take direction from McAfee Executive Team. There must be more to the story...what else happened that you think may have prompted this?


I don't know, many of the rebates that were invalidated, were valid for a few weeks, and suddenly almost all my rebates were invalidated.I know,from personal experience, they don't like when you do many rebates in a short period of time, which I have done since November.I think I am in Parago's doghouse, but that will change, once they hear from the gov't agencies. If it's a fight they want,it's a fight they will get. It's amazing what a little gov't pressure will do to these rebate processors.

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   Wreptyle said:   1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

1brooklyn1 said:   Over a 1 week period, Parago invalidated approx. 15 rebates of mine that were valid, and switched to invalid using the term didn't pass the audit process, including several McAfee rebates. I have already contacted the retailers, will contact the manufacturers, and then the BBB and maybe the FTC along with the Texas AG.


Norton and Trend, but it's probably just me with Parago,I have had many issues with them over the years.


Now THIS is a concern if true. I've never had any issues with Norton and Trend. And I doubt it's YOUR issue with Parago, since with McAfee, they clearly take direction from McAfee Executive Team. There must be more to the story...what else happened that you think may have prompted this?


I don't know, many of the rebates that were invalidated, were valid for a few weeks, and suddenly almost all my rebates were invalidated.I know,from personal experience, they don't like when you do many rebates in a short period of time, which I have done since November.I think I am in Parago's doghouse, but that will change, once they hear from the gov't agencies. If it's a fight they want,it's a fight they will get. It's amazing what a little gov't pressure will do to these rebate processors.


I'm in a similar situation (many bogus invalidations from Parago). I guess I'm in their doghouse too. This is definitely not a good thing.

rated:
I find it curious that with all the blackballing, frivolous rejections and all the other crap these companies pull that I've never "whistle blowers" or former employees report on how they actually operate. Do the manufacturers dictate certain rejection rates? Are the rebate companies compensated more for more rejections? Somebody must know.

rated:
The MX2 thermal compound is back with a rebate limit of 2 ($14.99 each). Shipping is $3 or free via Shoprunner.

rated:
dhilpert said:   I find it curious that with all the blackballing, frivolous rejections and all the other crap these companies pull that I've never "whistle blowers" or former employees report on how they actually operate. Do the manufacturers dictate certain rejection rates? Are the rebate companies compensated more for more rejections? Somebody must know.

Actually an insider used to post here. He shall remain nameless but lets just say he hated paper clips.

He hired people on welfare. I'm guessing they were not the cream of the crop. So, stupid rejections like missing UPC is just incompetence. The complaints about McAfee are about McAfee not the rebate house.

rated:
squinky86 said:   The MX2 thermal compound is back with a rebate limit of 2 ($14.99 each). Shipping is $3 or free via Shoprunner.

Good find! Shipping is still $2.99 even if you buy two, so there's no reason to just buy one.

rated:
i have a question for those of you that are suddenly getting invalid rebates from those that were recently valid. do you seem to get a lot or a few, rebates that are invalid and then you call or chat to get them validated because they were invalid for some stupid reason, ie missing ups, incorrect date, etc. just a theory, but maybe they are flagging accounts that continuously bother them about invalid rebates and are constantly getting the "1 time courtesy."

@1brooklyn said from personal experience that they don't like it when you do many rebates in a short period of time, but ive never had a problem and im doing thousands a year in norton alone.

rated:
seanws said:   i have a question for those of you that are suddenly getting invalid rebates from those that were recently valid. do you seem to get a lot or a few, rebates that are invalid and then you call or chat to get them validated because they were invalid for some stupid reason, ie missing ups, incorrect date, etc. just a theory, but maybe they are flagging accounts that continuously bother them about invalid rebates and are constantly getting the "1 time courtesy."

@1brooklyn said from personal experience that they don't like it when you do many rebates in a short period of time, but ive never had a problem and im doing thousands a year in norton alone.


In the past, I occasionally got an invalid rebate here & there. I was easily able to get almost all of those corrected without much difficulty by either calling them or chatting with them. Now all of a sudden I have a whole slew of invalid rebates that they are not willing to fix. I've been submitting lots of rebates to Parago for years and never had any major problems with them until now (the only exception being McAfee in 2010, of course). 1Brooklyn seems to be correct when he says that they don't like when you submit too many rebates in a short period of time, and apparently they also don't like when you submit a BBB complaint against them. I don't think there's too much significance to the "one-time exceptions" that they often make for us, but you never know...

rated:
roy7736 said:   seanws said:   i have a question for those of you that are suddenly getting invalid rebates from those that were recently valid. do you seem to get a lot or a few, rebates that are invalid and then you call or chat to get them validated because they were invalid for some stupid reason, ie missing ups, incorrect date, etc. just a theory, but maybe they are flagging accounts that continuously bother them about invalid rebates and are constantly getting the "1 time courtesy."

@1brooklyn said from personal experience that they don't like it when you do many rebates in a short period of time, but ive never had a problem and im doing thousands a year in norton alone.


In the past, I occasionally got an invalid rebate here & there. I was easily able to get almost all of those corrected without much difficulty by either calling them or chatting with them. Now all of a sudden I have a whole slew of invalid rebates that they are not willing to fix. I've been submitting lots of rebates to Parago for years and never had any major problems with them until now (the only exception being McAfee in 2010, of course). 1Brooklyn seems to be correct when he says that they don't like when you submit too many rebates in a short period of time, and apparently they also don't like when you submit a BBB complaint against them. I don't think there's too much significance to the "one-time exceptions" that they often make for us, but you never know...


i dont want to jinx myself since i have over $2k pending right now! i never had the McAfee problem but i also stopped doing McAfee when they started denying everyone. ive been doing symantec rebates since before '04 and have never had a problem other than the occasional "missing upc" or "invalid postmark" which i think occurs because the idiots at parago dont understand daylight savings time.

rated:
brooklyn1: What government agency will you use to fight against Parago?

Edit: complaint against Parago is triggering invalid rebates with bogus reasons and they are not willing to fix it. My two Smith Micro changed to invalid from valid and they asked me to contact Smith Micro.

rated:
I still have a hard time believing that it is because of Parago. They might be incompetent at times, but they take their direction directly from the rebate issuer. The error "your rebate did not pass our audit process" is not your normal "missing UPC" error. It is not about missing information, but rather that you have been blacklisted or violated some internal rule. Take McAfee. They state that it is one rebate per product, but product is not specifically defined. I know I haven't touched a McAfee rebate since 2010, yet my first McAfee rebate this year still got the same error. There are only two possibilities I see. They either define "product" independently of year, or I've been blacklisted. Based on other people's responses, I believe I'm blacklisted.

But I already know of McAfee's shady ways, so I'm not surprised. What I am surprised is some of you getting the "audit" error for Norton or TrendMicro. I'm afraid that they might follow down the same path. Norton's terms on their rebate is "Limit one rebate per customer". Just think about how many ways you can interpret that.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   I still have a hard time believing that it is because of Parago. They might be incompetent at times, but they take their direction directly from the rebate issuer. The error "your rebate did not pass our audit process" is not your normal "missing UPC" error. It is not about missing information, but rather that you have been blacklisted or violated some internal rule. Take McAfee. They state that it is one rebate per product, but product is not specifically defined. I know I haven't touched a McAfee rebate since 2010, yet my first McAfee rebate this year still got the same error. There are only two possibilities I see. They either define "product" independently of year, or I've been blacklisted. Based on other people's responses, I believe I'm blacklisted.

But I already know of McAfee's shady ways, so I'm not surprised. What I am surprised is some of you getting the "audit" error for Norton or TrendMicro. I'm afraid that they might follow down the same path. Norton's terms on their rebate is "Limit one rebate per customer". Just think about how many ways you can interpret that.


My invalid rebates are all for "missing UPC" or "missing proof of purchase" or "missing serial number". The only ones I've had with the audit error were my McAfee rebates in 2010.

rated:
I have 12 McAfee rebates out, and more than 30 have been fulfilled. You guys are starting to scare me a little.

There is a universally accepted method of determining what a unique product is: the Universal Product Code. If the code is different, it's a different product by most interpretations of the law. Especially NY, which defines in 27-1003.12 that the UPC is used to "identify a product."
If the UPC is different, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it's a different product. You should easily be able to prove this in a small-claims case. The Universal Code Council even specifies that each product must have a unique UPC, so by applying for a different UPC number, the company (McAfee) has identified each product that bears a UPC as a unique product.

rated:
roy7736 said:   
My invalid rebates are all for "missing UPC" or "missing proof of purchase" or "missing serial number". The only ones I've had with the audit error were my McAfee rebates in 2010.


Thanks for clarifying...I feel a little better with this info. The audit process error you're essentially screwed, and will have to take it to the next level. The other errors you can always try to call them and if one CSR refuses, try another. I'd also have success with online chat. The missing serial number issue should be easy to clarify...just provide them the serial number for rebate that requires it (serif, smithmicro). If it is for something that doesn't require it, ask them what do they mean, since rebates like Norton and Trend does not require a serial number. I've had only one rebate in the past 5 years with these types of errors that I couldn't "overturn" when providing the proper information.

rated:
squinky86 said:   I have 12 McAfee rebates out, and more than 30 have been fulfilled. You guys are starting to scare me a little.

There is a universally accepted method of determining what a unique product is: the Universal Product Code. If the code is different, it's a different product by most interpretations of the law. Especially NY, which defines in 27-1003.12 that the UPC is used to "identify a product."
If the UPC is different, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it's a different product. You should easily be able to prove this in a small-claims case. The Universal Code Council even specifies that each product must have a unique UPC, so by applying for a different UPC number, the company (McAfee) has identified each product that bears a UPC as a unique product.


You should be scared...better scared than losing money. McAfee is not to be trusted. It's a good point you brought up, but unfortunately I do not have the time to go to small claims court over $120 lost in McAfee rebate. Back in 2010, I didn't go to court because I indeed did do more than one rebate for a particular product...but the issue is that the terms are not stated clearly. It was working in previous years for same product up until 2010 when they changed their interpretation of it. The anger comes from the fact that they invalidated all "approved" rebates to the audit process error without notice. I would've understood if they changed their terms on the rebate form (similar to what Kaspersky did recently with the "flap" requirements), but to invalidate VALIDATED rebates without notice because they realized they were losing money and hiding behind some unclear language is, in my opinion, breaking the law.

rated:
Like roy7736, they changed my Smith Micro to invalid because "missing serial number and missing UPC code". I chatted with them and the CSR told me that the rebate was under review and asked me to contact Smith Micro directly. This guys could have validated my rebates again if he did not go through the rebate profile so carefully IMO because he put me on hold for so long (or he even talked with the supervisor). Note that I bought those Smith Micro product for the first time.


Wreptyle said:   roy7736 said:   
My invalid rebates are all for "missing UPC" or "missing proof of purchase" or "missing serial number". The only ones I've had with the audit error were my McAfee rebates in 2010.


Thanks for clarifying...I feel a little better with this info. The audit process error you're essentially screwed, and will have to take it to the next level. The other errors you can always try to call them and if one CSR refuses, try another. I'd also have success with online chat. The missing serial number issue should be easy to clarify...just provide them the serial number for rebate that requires it (serif, smithmicro). If it is for something that doesn't require it, ask them what do they mean, since rebates like Norton and Trend does not require a serial number. I've had only one rebate in the past 5 years with these types of errors that I couldn't "overturn" when providing the proper information.

rated:
woodsley said:   Like roy7736, they changed my Smith Micro to invalid because "missing serial number and missing UPC code". I chatted with them and the CSR told me that the rebate was under review and asked me to contact Smith Micro directly. This guys could have validated my rebates again if he did not go through the rebate profile so carefully IMO because he put me on hold for so long (or he even talked with the supervisor). Note that I bought those Smith Micro product for the first time.

What is the offer number?

rated:
Anime Sudio 9 from Newegg BF and Manga Studio from Newegg (Nov. offer?)

Wreptyle said:   woodsley said:   Like roy7736, they changed my Smith Micro to invalid because "missing serial number and missing UPC code". I chatted with them and the CSR told me that the rebate was under review and asked me to contact Smith Micro directly. This guys could have validated my rebates again if he did not go through the rebate profile so carefully IMO because he put me on hold for so long (or he even talked with the supervisor). Note that I bought those Smith Micro product for the first time.

What is the offer number?

rated:
If possible please provide offer numbers. The Anime Studio 9 from BF is 12-90221. I did that one and have not gotten a status yet, but then again it has only been 12 days since mailing. I had a manga studio one from Newegg, offer number 12-90222, that my online status indicates that the check was issued two days ago (37 days from mailing). I'm surprised they asked you to contact SmithMicro directly, especially when this is your first SmithMicro rebates. Anything specific or unique that happened that you think might've caused this? Did you enter the actual serial number?

rated:
Wreptyle said:   squinky86 said:   I have 12 McAfee rebates out, and more than 30 have been fulfilled. You guys are starting to scare me a little.

There is a universally accepted method of determining what a unique product is: the Universal Product Code. If the code is different, it's a different product by most interpretations of the law. Especially NY, which defines in 27-1003.12 that the UPC is used to "identify a product."
If the UPC is different, the only conclusion that can be drawn is that it's a different product. You should easily be able to prove this in a small-claims case. The Universal Code Council even specifies that each product must have a unique UPC, so by applying for a different UPC number, the company (McAfee) has identified each product that bears a UPC as a unique product.


You should be scared...better scared than losing money. McAfee is not to be trusted. It's a good point you brought up, but unfortunately I do not have the time to go to small claims court over $120 lost in McAfee rebate. Back in 2010, I didn't go to court because I indeed did do more than one rebate for a particular product...but the issue is that the terms are not stated clearly. It was working in previous years for same product up until 2010 when they changed their interpretation of it. The anger comes from the fact that they invalidated all "approved" rebates to the audit process error without notice. I would've understood if they changed their terms on the rebate form (similar to what Kaspersky did recently with the "flap" requirements), but to invalidate VALIDATED rebates without notice because they realized they were losing money and hiding behind some unclear language is, in my opinion,
breaking the law.


It happened to me too, that rebates which were valid for several weeks became invalid, due to the audit processing issue. I have requested a refund on all the products that had rebate rejections. I now check every day, to see which valid rebates will be switched, Parago's holiday gift of screwing me. They use a deceptive terminology, as the rebate monetary amount is switched to variable reward check, and that it should be received in 30 days, even when the rebate is a prepaid card. I have contacted retailers, OD, FRYS, and Staples about the rebate rejections.

rated:
woodsley said:   brooklyn1: What government agency will you use to fight against Parago?

Edit: complaint against Parago is triggering invalid rebates with bogus reasons and they are not willing to fix it. My two Smith Micro changed to invalid from valid and they asked me to contact Smith Micro.


The BBB, and possibly the AG and FTC.

rated:
Did you see my previous posts that I filed a complaint against Parago for a Keurig rebate. They did not change that rebate and now they are taking revenge on me for the other rebates for bogus reasons!

Wreptyle said:   If possible please provide offer numbers. The Anime Studio 9 from BF is 12-90221. I did that one and have not gotten a status yet, but then again it has only been 12 days since mailing. I had a manga studio one from Newegg, offer number 12-90222, that my online status indicates that the check was issued two days ago (37 days from mailing). I'm surprised they asked you to contact SmithMicro directly, especially when this is your first SmithMicro rebates. Anything specific or unique that happened that you think might've caused this? Did you enter the actual serial number?

rated:
I filed a complaint against them with BBB and they responded to BBB with even more bogus reasons. Also they are taking more steps to revenge me.

1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   brooklyn1: What government agency will you use to fight against Parago?

Edit: complaint against Parago is triggering invalid rebates with bogus reasons and they are not willing to fix it. My two Smith Micro changed to invalid from valid and they asked me to contact Smith Micro.


The BBB, and possibly the AG and FTC.

rated:
woodsley said:   Like roy7736, they changed my Smith Micro to invalid because "missing serial number and missing UPC code". I chatted with them and the CSR told me that the rebate was under review and asked me to contact Smith Micro directly. This guys could have validated my rebates again if he did not go through the rebate profile so carefully IMO because he put me on hold for so long (or he even talked with the supervisor). Note that I bought those Smith Micro product for the first time.


Wreptyle said:   roy7736 said:   
My invalid rebates are all for "missing UPC" or "missing proof of purchase" or "missing serial number". The only ones I've had with the audit error were my McAfee rebates in 2010.


Thanks for clarifying...I feel a little better with this info. The audit process error you're essentially screwed, and will have to take it to the next level. The other errors you can always try to call them and if one CSR refuses, try another. I'd also have success with online chat. The missing serial number issue should be easy to clarify...just provide them the serial number for rebate that requires it (serif, smithmicro). If it is for something that doesn't require it, ask them what do they mean, since rebates like Norton and Trend does not require a serial number. I've had only one rebate in the past 5 years with these types of errors that I couldn't "overturn" when providing the proper information.


Parago referred me to Smith Micro too. The person who called me back from Smith Micro said that I can only do a rebate once in a lifetime for each unique product (i.e. Anime Studio Debut 8, etc.) and he said that's what it means when it says "limit 1 rebate per name, address, or household" on the rebate forms. Of course, in the past that statement always referred just to that specific offer number, but apparently they've suddenly changed their interpretation of that clause.

rated:
woodsley said:   I filed a complaint against them with BBB and they responded to BBB with even more bogus reasons. Also they are taking more steps to revenge me.

1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   brooklyn1: What government agency will you use to fight against Parago?

Edit: complaint against Parago is triggering invalid rebates with bogus reasons and they are not willing to fix it. My two Smith Micro changed to invalid from valid and they asked me to contact Smith Micro.


The BBB, and possibly the AG and FTC.
\

What bogus reasons did they give in response to your BBB complaint?

rated:
roy7736 said:   Parago referred me to Smith Micro too. The person who called me back from Smith Micro said that I can only do a rebate once in a lifetime for each unique product (i.e. Anime Studio Debut 8, etc.) and he said that's what it means when it says "limit 1 rebate per name, address, or household" on the rebate forms. Of course, in the past that statement always referred just to that specific offer number, but apparently they've suddenly changed their interpretation of that clause.

This clearly is not the case. I've done 4 Manga Studios and have received 2, with one on its way. It sounds like they are taking the McAfee route.

rated:
I have had Parago, use vengeful tactics against me too,when I ripped one of the people at corporate, Leo, who not only invalidated rebates,put stop payments on checks which I had already cashed,causing it to bounce.Parago,seems to be on a power trip,because most software retailers, use them as their processor.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   roy7736 said:   Parago referred me to Smith Micro too. The person who called me back from Smith Micro said that I can only do a rebate once in a lifetime for each unique product (i.e. Anime Studio Debut 8, etc.) and he said that's what it means when it says "limit 1 rebate per name, address, or household" on the rebate forms. Of course, in the past that statement always referred just to that specific offer number, but apparently they've suddenly changed their interpretation of that clause.

This clearly is not the case. I've done 4 Manga Studios and have received 2, with one on its way. It sounds like they are taking the McAfee route.


I guess they can interpret that clause any way they want, and can change their intepretation at any time. Seems rather slimy to me.

rated:
They said that for that Keurig rebate I would have to buy the brewing machine AND K-cup to get that rebate, which was completely worng. I have a significant amount of pending rebates now and this thing is really "dirty".

roy7736 said:   woodsley said:   I filed a complaint against them with BBB and they responded to BBB with even more bogus reasons. Also they are taking more steps to revenge me.

1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   brooklyn1: What government agency will you use to fight against Parago?

Edit: complaint against Parago is triggering invalid rebates with bogus reasons and they are not willing to fix it. My two Smith Micro changed to invalid from valid and they asked me to contact Smith Micro.


The BBB, and possibly the AG and FTC.


What bogus reasons did they give in response to your BBB complaint?

rated:
Wow, thanks for the info. How did you deal with that? That was horrible.

1brooklyn1 said:   I have had Parago, use vengeful tactics against me too,when I ripped one of the people at corporate, Leo, who not only invalidated rebates,put stop payments on checks which I had already cashed,causing it to bounce.Parago,seems to be on a power trip,because most software retailers, use them as their processor.

rated:
woodsley said:   Wow, thanks for the info. How did you deal with that? That was horrible.

1brooklyn1 said:   I have had Parago, use vengeful tactics against me too,when I ripped one of the people at corporate, Leo, who not only invalidated rebates,put stop payments on checks which I had already cashed,causing it to bounce.Parago,seems to be on a power trip,because most software retailers, use them as their processor.


I got back some of the funds, and I consider this the cost of doing business with rebates, you win some, you lose some. I have obviously, won a lot more than I lost, but have still lost quite a few, whether it was money, time or both.

rated:
So you got some back from the retailers where you bought the products from? Even with that I bet you have lost a lot of your time and energy for this. When did that happen to you? Very recently?

1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   Wow, thanks for the info. How did you deal with that? That was horrible.

1brooklyn1 said:   I have had Parago, use vengeful tactics against me too,when I ripped one of the people at corporate, Leo, who not only invalidated rebates,put stop payments on checks which I had already cashed,causing it to bounce.Parago,seems to be on a power trip,because most software retailers, use them as their processor.


I got back some of the funds, and I consider this the cost of doing business with rebates, you win some, you lose some. I have obviously, won a lot more than I lost, but have still lost quite a few, whether it was money, time or both.

rated:
My last thought on this as I was sitting here stuffing rebate envelopes...

Most, if not all of us buying FAR software are re-selling it on eBay or other sources. Could it be possible that they are checking eBay for similar seller account info and comparing it against rebate submissions? This could be done using fake buyers, NIKE has been known to do this to catch counterfeiters. Seeing as how the terms on most rebates do state "not valid for resellers or online auctions" or words to that effect it could be.

Of course, if I worked for parago, I would wonder why one guy, (or dog in some cases), would need 30+ copies of NAV in one year. The other weird thing is Symantec has always had an unwritten rule of limit 3 when it clearly states limit 1 on the rebate form.

Of course we can all speculate on why this is happening, but we may never know the real truth since I doubt anyone at parago is going to start handing that info out.

rated:
woodsley said:   So you got some back from the retailers where you bought the products from? Even with that I bet you have lost a lot of your time and energy for this. When did that happen to you? Very recently?

Within this year, but not very recent, and I have been sent checks from some retailers,like OD and Fry's, and some manufacturers. When I realize I am not getting a rebate, I request a refund from the manufacturers within 30 days. They better not deny refunds though, or I will blow a casket.

1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   Wow, thanks for the info. How did you deal with that? That was horrible.

1brooklyn1 said:   I have had Parago, use vengeful tactics against me too,when I ripped one of the people at corporate, Leo, who not only invalidated rebates,put stop payments on checks which I had already cashed,causing it to bounce.Parago,seems to be on a power trip,because most software retailers, use them as their processor.


I got back some of the funds, and I consider this the cost of doing business with rebates, you win some, you lose some. I have obviously, won a lot more than I lost, but have still lost quite a few, whether it was money, time or both.

rated:
seanws said:   My last thought on this as I was sitting here stuffing rebate envelopes...

Most, if not all of us buying FAR software are re-selling it on eBay or other sources. Could it be possible that they are checking eBay for similar seller account info and comparing it against rebate submissions? This could be done using fake buyers, NIKE has been known to do this to catch counterfeiters. Seeing as how the terms on most rebates do state "not valid for resellers or online auctions" or words to that effect it could be.

Of course, if I worked for parago, I would wonder why one guy, (or dog in some cases), would need 30+ copies of NAV in one year. The other weird thing is Symantec has always had an unwritten rule of limit 3 when it clearly states limit 1 on the rebate form.

Of course we can all speculate on why this is happening, but we may never know the real truth since I doubt anyone at parago is going to start handing that info out.


I have yet to sell a product on eBay,craigslist,Amazon etc, from what others have said too much of a hassle for a small profit. The reason I buy these products, are cc incentives, almost 10% back on online orders from Shopdiscover in Nov-Dec., and because of in-store coupons or pm the purchase becomes a mm.

rated:
How can we request a refund for a product that got rejected for a rebate? The UPC was cut so I think no way I can return the product. Especially I do not think Newegg will protect buyers from this isuue (opposite with Frys).

rated:
woodsley said:   How can we request a refund for a product that got rejected for a rebate? The UPC was cut so I think no way I can return the product. Especially I do not think Newegg will protect buyers from this isuue (opposite with Frys).

Each product usually has at least a 30 day money back guarantee from the software vendor on the box,so utilize that option.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 124 25 26272868
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014