• filter:
  • 1 2 34570
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
ohkeedohkee said:   taintedbloop said:   be aware that many of these "rebates" come in the form of a prepaid visa card, which are almost always impossible to spend the full amount on, and sometimes have fees associated with them. borderline scam, in my opinion. just another way to cheat you out of another dollar or two.

I just apply them to my Sprint and Verizon FIOS bills. Easy Shmeesy.

Works for Comcast cable bills too.

rated:
edavid said:   taintedbloop said:   be aware that many of these "rebates" come in the form of a prepaid visa card, which are almost always impossible to spend the full amount on, and sometimes have fees associated with them. borderline scam, in my opinion. just another way to cheat you out of another dollar or two.

I don't like them, but I haven't had a real problem using them. I usually use them at the grocery store. Tell the cashier you want to use two forms of payment - use up the prepaid card first, then pay the remainder some other way. They can take them at Staples too

The fees only kick in after several months - no worse than a rebate check which has to get cashed within a certain period of time.
Register at Staples and Target can check the balance of prepaid card automatically and will charge only the remaining available balance. You don't need to tell cashier how much on the card.

rated:
roy7736 said:   Here's another freebie:

Corel Photo & Video Bundle X3
Thanks. It was $5 AR at noon.

rated:
sakrlewu said:   roy7736 said:   Here's another freebie:

And it appears the rebate on that one is a good ol' fashioned check. I see no mention of a prepaid card on the rebate form.

rated:
ktg said:   sakrlewu said:   roy7736 said:   Here's another freebie:

And it appears the rebate on that one is a good ol' fashioned check. I see no mention of a prepaid card on the rebate form.

Yes, Corel, Panda, Iolo, and Laplink all send checks. Laplink now appears to be handling their own rebates in-house, so I don't know about their reliability.

rated:
roy7736 said:   Yes, Corel, Panda, Iolo, and Laplink all send checks. Laplink now appears to be handling their own rebates in-house, so I don't know about their reliability.Yes, and they also require the serial number on the rebate form (a la Serif).

rated:
It still shows FAR for me!!!

rated:
Chase Ultimate Rewards
Earn 5 points per $ at Newegg.com

You clicked the offer: Get $10 off on your first order of $50 & above at Newegg.com! To get this special offer from Newegg.com, you must enter the offer code below during checkout.
Your Offer Code:
NEWCUSTOMER10
Valid through Aug 30, 2011

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   Yes, Corel, Panda, Iolo, and Laplink all send checks. Laplink now appears to be handling their own rebates in-house, so I don't know about their reliability.Yes, and they also require the serial number on the rebate form (a la Serif).

At least you don't need to register the software (like Peachtree).

rated:
Kaspersky Pure is FAR if you apply coupon code KASLABOR (takes $4.99 off the selling price).

rated:
roy7736 said:   Kaspersky Pure is FAR if you apply coupon code KASLABOR (takes $4.99 off the selling price).Thanks! Only one rebate, too!

rated:
roy7736 said:   Kaspersky Pure is FAR if you apply coupon code KASLABOR (takes $4.99 off the selling price).
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832355026

rated:
roy7736 said:   Kaspersky Pure is FAR if you apply coupon code KASLABOR (takes $4.99 off the selling price).
Title of the rebate form says "Newegg.com_Kaspersky PURE $50 8/29"

Details show "Rebate Amount: $60.00"

rated:
So, if I bought all of the above - after FC and MIR, I would make myself 0.03*578=17.34?? Sweet!!! (Not including postage of course and yes, I did the math)

rated:
[S]Does anyone happen to know, does kaspersky send as check or visa card?[/S]

Nm, the rebate form does say check so I am hoping it is a check.

rated:
bendakaya said:   roy7736 said:   

I don't know of any other stores besides Staples & Office Depot that allow you to use multiple prepaid cards to make a single purchase.

Walgreens allows too

safeway also.

rated:
fallengod said:   [S]Does anyone happen to know, does kaspersky send as check or visa card?[/S]

Nm, the rebate form does say check so I am hoping it is a check.

Always checks.

rated:
xprins said:   So, if I bought all of the above - after FC and MIR, I would make myself 0.03*578=17.34?? Sweet!!! (Not including postage of course and yes, I did the math)FC is only 1.5% on normal Newegg purchases. You get 3% on Marketplace purchases.

rated:
taintedbloop said:   be aware that many of these "rebates" come in the form of a prepaid visa card, which are almost always impossible to spend the full amount on, and sometimes have fees associated with them. borderline scam, in my opinion. just another way to cheat you out of another dollar or two.

I used to think that, but I've noticed that a number of retail places will automatically charge whatever is left over and give you a new balance less the amount left on the card on small purchases without having to know how much is left. I just cleared out a Staples card at Jack in the Box the other night.

rated:
diamente said:   don't forget FC.
What is FC?

rated:
confused200 said:   diamente said:   don't forget FC.
What is FC?

FatWallet CashBack

rated:
Thanks for your effort.

rated:
This is really an useful post

rated:
Anyone has problem doing the upgrade rebate for Pinnacle. From at least V14, Pinnacle stopped including the full manual book. It only has quick start guide. This one does not have title page. So which one do you use for the title page??

rated:
What about using them at the Gas Station? It usually takes more than $40 to fill up my tank

rated:
squinky86 said:   roy7736 said:   Here's another freebie:

Corel Video Studio (which is part of this bundle) qualifies you for the upgrade rebate for Pinnacle studio

so the two softwares are packed separately in the bundle? just want to make sure that I can use the title page for the upgrade of Pinnacle. Thanks.

rated:
This is an awesome compilation! I have bought the Norton Security for 3 users, and may purchase other antivirus programs for my friends and relatives. Free virus killers is the way this world should go!

rated:
The $30 upgrade rebate coupon shows a different part number and UPC than the $40 regular rebate which corresponds to the number listed on the Newegg site. The upgrade coupon list as the qualifying product

Upgrade or Switch toPinnacle Studio HDUltimate Collection v15

I am confused - is this really FAR or just worth $30 if you then buy the Ultimate Collection V15?

rated:
duhmel said:   The $30 upgrade rebate coupon shows a different part number and UPC than the $40 regular rebate which corresponds to the number listed on the Newegg site. The upgrade coupon list as the qualifying product

I am confused - is this really FAR or just worth $30 if you then buy the Ultimate Collection V15?

That's the wrong $30 rebate form on the Newegg site. The link to the correct form is in the OP of this thread.

rated:
roy7736 said:   duhmel said:   The $30 upgrade rebate coupon shows a different part number and UPC than the $40 regular rebate which corresponds to the number listed on the Newegg site. The upgrade coupon list as the qualifying product

That's the wrong $30 rebate form on the Newegg site. The link to the correct form is in the OP of this thread.

Thanks

rated:
taintedbloop said:   be aware that many of these "rebates" come in the form of a prepaid visa card, which are almost always impossible to spend the full amount on, and sometimes have fees associated with them. borderline scam, in my opinion. just another way to cheat you out of another dollar or two.

I used the small balance to pay my cell phone bill.

rated:

I used the small balance to pay my cell phone bill.

rated:
jaymez619 said:   I used the small balance to pay my cell phone bill.
You must have a very small cell phone bill

rated:
REBATE FOR: Galaxy VGA accessories Kit Model BBACCKT says must be purchased at Channel Wide ONLY!! not Newegg

rated:
myplums said:   REBATE FOR: Galaxy VGA accessories Kit Model BBACCKT says must be purchased at Channel Wide ONLY!! not NeweggI think channel wide means all retailers.

rated:
dhilpert said:   bendakaya said:   roy7736 said:   

I don't know of any other stores besides Staples & Office Depot that allow you to use multiple prepaid cards to make a single purchase.

Walgreens allows too

safeway also.
I've used multiple prepaid cards at all of these stores and others, too. And you don't need to tell them the exact amount to type in even though the instructions specifically tell you to do that. It's pretty much like a gift card that you can use anywhere. You just swipe it, hit "credit" and the machine will automatically deduct the full amount from the card and then display the remaining amount you still need to pay. Rinse and repeat with your other cards until your balance is zero.

Using these cards used to be a pain before discovering this. And using the cards to buy gift cards is a great way to cash these out and extend the expiration indefinitely assuming you buy giftcards without maintenance fees and expirations. I try to use the cards on stuff I know I will not return, like groceries or other places where you buy food.

rated:
Thanks

rated:
For those of you who purchased, AGV Internet Security 2011, could you please provide me the correct upc number that qualifies.
In the rebete form it says 3user/1year on the top and below that for #1 it says Purchase AVG Internet Security 3 Year License

rated:
I bought Panda Security Internet Security 2012 - 3 User, the UPC code of received the product is 856862002610, but UPC code on rebate form is 856862002467,

The rebate form UPC code is wrong????

rated:
Same problem with Panda and I didn't notice until after cutting the UPC from the box. Called the rebate processor and CSR said the UPC is not eligble. Chatted with Newegg and CSR required that I send her a picture of the UPC. Waiting for a response via email. If you are in the same situation, call Newegg and maybe they will get this fixed.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1 2 34570
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014