• filter:
  • 117 18 19202167
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
billrubin said:   squinky86 said:   As a side note, my bill for classes at Auburn just posted... and it's now a three page statement full of sub-$100 transactions . Special thanks to Trend Micro, McAfee, Symantec, Bitdefender, and all the others who helped finance my education next semester!So you got all the debit cards without spending money up front?

On the topic of Bitdefender, Citi (the card issuer) allows transactions to go thru with the wrong expiration date and no CVV code. How's THAT for secure?
Ha! I wish! After selling the items on eBay and collecting the rewards, it was nice to cash out the debit cards on something worthwhile. It certainly wasn't "completely free," but I did profit off of those companies and cash out very easily (hence my statement that they *helped* finance me).

As for the bitdefender cards, their cards "look" more polished and nicer than the cards from other issuing banks. You'd think they'd give attention to other, more important details...

The Auburn payment system requires only the number, name, expiration, and address - no CVV code was entered for any of the transactions, and they all went through without a hitch.

rated:
nergui77 said:   clearanceman said:   squanderer said:   clearanceman said:   

I keep careful track of my rebate submissions. QuickBooks was late on the rebate and I checked on it and they said they never got my submission and they asked for copies. And of course, I had all documentation ready.

hmm.. same thing happened to my Newegg QuickBooks rebate... they said they never received it...

Wow, that's at least two of us on that particular rebate. That's a big one too, $80.

Anyone have an address or phone number to use when checking on Newegg QuickBooks rebates? The rebate form I have doesn't list any contact info.

Yeah Me too on the QuickBooks rebate. Guess I will call/chat them.

rated:
Jagd said:   Yeah Me too on the QuickBooks rebate. Guess I will call/chat them.This seems to happen every time with the QuickBooks rebates. It's as if they put them in a corner somewhere and do not process them. I seem to recall that they do show up eventually, but no one wants to wait for that to happen.

rated:
I think the issue just happened recently. They were fast before in entering your info into their system until like Apr. this year. I mailed my rebate from OD purchase on Apr. 21 and they were not entered into their system until Jun.6. I could have almost resubmitted if I had not been traveling during that time.

billrubin said:   Jagd said:   Yeah Me too on the QuickBooks rebate. Guess I will call/chat them.This seems to happen every time with the QuickBooks rebates. It's as if they put them in a corner somewhere and do not process them. I seem to recall that they do show up eventually, but no one wants to wait for that to happen.

rated:
woodsley said:   I think the issue just happened recently. They were fast before in entering your info into their system until like Apr. this year. I mailed my rebate from OD purchase on Apr. 21 and they were not entered into their system until Jun.6. I could have almost resubmitted if I had not been traveling during that time.I am sure that if you look at old posts for the QuickBooks deal, you will find similar problems of people thinking their rebates were lost because it took so long them for them to show up online. Then they fax it in and think that did it, when the reality is that it's probably just that Parago got around to entering them. I wonder in Intuit tells them to do this to avoid paying the rebate for a while.

rated:
Antec 3X Strength Wipes (100pk)
$14 - $14 MIR (exp 7/22)
link to discussion
EDIT: Wow, sold out faster than any other deal I've seen in a while...

rated:

rated:
In for the Webroot. Be aware if you are new to Webroot rebates that the info Parago has in front of them is sometimes different than your rebate. I've had to re-submit twice on Webroot which is twice as much as I have had to re-submit any other rebate. It's probably worth it, just have to be aware that it may happen. It's not a big deal if you always make backups of everything and you need to do this anyway.

rated:
bitdefender Internet Security 2012 - 3 User (upgradable to 2013 using the installer directly from the bitdefender site here)
$30 - $30 MIR (exp 8/5)
link to discussion

AVG Anti-Virus + PC TuneUp 2012 - 3 PCs (note one-per-product-per-year limitation in rebate details)
$30 - $30 MIR (exp 8/5)
link to discussion

No Shoprunner on either

rated:

rated:
I was just making a post recapping all the freebies, and noticed that you beat me while I was checking the links :-P

Only thing I had different was a note that Total Defense requires activation:sakrlewu said:   Total Defense Unlimited Internet Security
$15 - $15 MIR (Exp 8/1/12)

rated:
squinky86 said:   ... Total Defense requires activationYes, a PAID subscription is required, so arguably it is NOT FAR. Definitely not a good choice for resale.

rated:
Flatbob said:   squinky86 said:   ... Total Defense requires activationYes, a PAID subscription is required, so arguably it is NOT FAR. Defitely not a good choice for resale.Or to use.

rated:
For anyone who is waiting for rebates from Susteen, I just got this in an email from them:

We are no longer worked with the previous rebate processor and are
processing them from here now. Please send in all of your past due rebates
in one batch (rebate forms/receipts) and I can put them into one check. I
apologize for the inconvenience.

The email came from pseang@susteen.com. I had purchased the DataPilot Universal Kit from Newegg around Black Friday. I'd been having trouble finding the scans because I thought I bought them from Frys. Turns out I bought them from Newegg (which I figured out by searching on the rebate id that I found on the rebate status page).

rated:
billrubin said:   For anyone who is waiting for rebates from Susteen, I just got this in an email from them:

We are no longer worked with the previous rebate processor and are
processing them from here now. Please send in all of your past due rebates
in one batch (rebate forms/receipts) and I can put them into one check. I
apologize for the inconvenience.

The email came from pseang@susteen.com. I had purchased the DataPilot Universal Kit from Newegg around Black Friday. I'd been having trouble finding the scans because I thought I bought them from Frys. Turns out I bought them from Newegg (which I figured out by searching on the rebate id that I found on the rebate status page).

Thanks Bill, that's delightful. The other day I had to ask for a check to be re-issued that never reached me. You really got to be on top of this stuff, that's for sure.

rated:
clearanceman said:   Thanks Bill, that's delightful. The other day I had to ask for a check to be re-issued that never reached me. You really got to be on top of this stuff, that's for sure.Yeah, and it's particularly upsetting because one of my Frys rebates from April recently showed up on the site, and these 2 Newegg rebates are also there. I emailed my info to the person, and told her that I expect to be paid quickly so I do not need to go to the trouble of getting the BBB involved. We'll see how that works out.

rated:
Any new deals, Newegg is slacking.

rated:
clearanceman said:   Any new deals, Newegg is slacking.

They put them out like clockwork, don't know how over a dozen items in the last week is slacking?

rated:
clearanceman said:   Any new deals, Newegg is slacking.I wrote a little script that alerts me when there's a new FAR deal at Newegg (EDIT: which I put up at faregg.com - don't know if anyone else would benefit from using it, but I'm working on an android app for it; make sure you come back here to click through one of fatwallet's links so that they get the commission and you get your FatCash). While I'm not always in front of a computer to post it here, last week was one of the busiest I've seen in a while.

Usually, most new deals come out between Monday and Wednesday.

rated:
squinky86 said:   clearanceman said:   Any new deals, Newegg is slacking.I wrote a little script that alerts me when there's a new FAR deal at Newegg (EDIT: which I put up at faregg.com - don't know if anyone else would benefit from using it, but I'm working on an android app for it; make sure you come back here to click through one of fatwallet's links so that they get the commission and you get your FatCash). While I'm not always in front of a computer to post it here, last week was one of the busiest I've seen in a while.

Usually, most new deals come out between Monday and Wednesday.

Thanks, I think it's this thread that's slacking. That's fine, not everyone wants to keep this updated.

rated:
clearanceman said:   Thanks, I think it's this thread that's slacking. That's fine, not everyone wants to keep this updated.
Seriously???

You are welcome to post stuff if you don't like the promptness of the OP here. Other people have been posting as well. I can't believe you'd actually complain about something like this!

rated:
billrubin said:   clearanceman said:   Thanks, I think it's this thread that's slacking. That's fine, not everyone wants to keep this updated.
Seriously???

You are welcome to post stuff if you don't like the promptness of the OP here. Other people have been posting as well. I can't believe you'd actually complain about something like this!

I guess I've been following it too closely. Ok, I'll post or I'll be quiet about it.

rated:
Flatbob said:   squinky86 said:   ... Total Defense requires activationYes, a PAID subscription is required, so arguably it is NOT FAR. Definitely not a good choice for resale.

For total defense you don't have to PAY for a subscription...when you buy the FAR software it comes with 90 days, which you activate but enter a CC so that after 90days they'll autorenew and charge you. If I'd have known all the BS I'd endure for this software I wouldn't have bought it, but since I have here's some observations:

1) It's nearly impossible to find how to login to your account.
2) If you use the totaldefense.com/mysubscription link referenced in the manual then it won't work at all.
3) If you use the login button located at totaldefense.com/unlimited it won't actually log you in.
4) Some of the support links on the site don't work (they reference an invalid url).
5) The correct link to login and cancel the autorenew (after you've activated the product) is this: https://my.totaldefense.com/Login2.aspx
6) Your subscription will be canceled, but you can still use it for the 90 days.
7) YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING TO ACTIVATE THE PRODUCT...they couldn't pay me $100 to install this software after seeing how incredibly shady their website and entire registration/support process is.
8 (and most important observation) I will never buy anything from this company ever again...I do rebates all the time, but this company is purposely hiding the login for how to cancel your subscription...absolutely ridiculous.

Enjoy!

rated:
Great...and now the 4myrebate site isn't getting me to the page to actually print my rebate, just goes back to the "enter activation code" screen every time...anybody having success with this POS?

rated:
My script informed me of a few freebies:
Nova Spanish (stay away! Nova rebates are the devil!)

Corel Paint It!
$30 - $30 MIR (exp 8/8)
discussion topic

Symantec Norton Antivirus 2012 3 User
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 8/6)
discussion topic

rated:
Also Soda PDF Standard, albeit with two rebates.
$39.99 - $20 - $20 (competitive: Nitro PDF Professional, Nuance PDF Converter, Nuance PDF Create, Corel PDF Fusion, Foxit PDF Phantom Standard, Foxit PDF Phantom Business, Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe Acrobat Pro. Exclusions: Any FREE PDF application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, any manufacturer’s Express Version, any Trial.)

rated:
Flatbob said:   Also Soda PDF Standard, albeit with two rebates.
$39.99 - $20 - $20 (competitive: Nitro PDF Professional, Nuance PDF Converter, Nuance PDF Create, Corel PDF Fusion, Foxit PDF Phantom Standard, Foxit PDF Phantom Business, Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe Acrobat Pro. Exclusions: Any FREE PDF application like Adobe Acrobat Reader, any manufacturer’s Express Version, any Trial.)

Proof of previous ownership submission requirements:
To claim your Upgrade rebate, you must send the following 2 items:
A. The original invoice of the competitor’s product purchase or a clear copy of it and
B. One of the following items:
Original CD or Photocopy of it
Screen Capture showing License Registration
Page 1 of the User Manual

Odd how they initially seem to say they want the original, but then say "but a copy is also ok".

rated:

rated:
Jagd said:   I chatted with a rebatesHQ agent and he stated that it does mean 1 per product per year.

However he also stated that if previous QB rebates did not have the per year clause then they do not count towards the limit.

So effectively you can only do 1 rebate that states per year each rolling 12 months (NOT Calendar months)

My last QB rebate was back in February from Staples before the company requirements and the per year clause so looks like I'm good.

Kept a copy of the agents chat just in case I have to fight the rebate.

Received the rebate today with no problems at all

Also

TREND MICRO Titanium Maximum Security Premium FAR

rated:

rated:

rated:

rated:
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2012 3 User
$62.50 - 20% coupon (EMCNBJF239) - $50 MIR (Exp 8/15/12)

KASPERSKY lab Pure 2.0 - 3 User
$60 - $60 MIR (Exp 8/22/12)

McAfee Internet Security 2012 - 3 PCs
$60 - $60 MIR (Exp 8/22/12)

Corel Paintshop Pro X4
$59.99 - 9.99 coupon (EMCNBJF29) - $50 MIR (Exp 8/22/12)

Corel Winzip System Utilities – 3 User
$30 - $30 MIR (Exp 8/22/12)

TREND MICRO Titanium Antivirus - 3 PCs
$40 - $40 MIR (Exp 8/22/12)

iolo System Mechanic Professional
$59.99 - $30 MIR (Exp 8/22/12) - $30 Competitive Upgrade Rebate (Exp 12/31/12)

Soda PDF Standard
$34.99 - $20 MIR (Exp 8/20/12) - $20 Competitive Upgrade Rebate (Exp 8/20/12)

rated:
Good stuff. Thanks. the Soda PDF upgrade requires the invoice from the upgrade product. I actually have OD invoices from the FAR Nuance PDF products. I might actually be able to make this one work.

rated:
Winzip out of stock.

rated:
The Soda PDF standard is $34.99 with $40 in rebates. Nice moneymaker.

rated:
mwerner1 said:   Winzip out of stock.Back in stock, but no Shoprunner.

rated:
squinky86 said:   mwerner1 said:   Winzip out of stock.Back in stock, but no Shoprunner.

Shoprunner barred me because I placed too many individual orders from Newegg. But as long as they offer free EggSaver shipping (which they always do on FAR software), I am fine with it. So I am in for WinZip.

rated:
roy7736 said:   squinky86 said:   mwerner1 said:   Winzip out of stock.Back in stock, but no Shoprunner.

Shoprunner barred me because I placed too many individual orders from Newegg. But as long as they offer free EggSaver shipping (which they always do on FAR software), I am fine with it. So I am in for WinZip.
I've never heard of this before... Did anyone else know that Shoprunner could ban you? I'm shocked that I haven't had any problems, then...

rated:
roy7736 said:   But as long as they offer free EggSaver shipping (which they always do on FAR software), I am fine with it.If you order three f/s softwares together, you'll get UPS 3-day.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 117 18 19202167
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014