$35 - $35 MIR (exp 11/1/12)

iolo System Mechanic - Unlimited PCs
$37 - $37 MIR (exp 11/1/12)

AVG ANTI-VIRUS 2013 - 1 PC
$20 - $20 MIR (exp 11/1/12)

10% coupon (up to $20) for targeted email accounts MEMKNUROCT12

rated:

rated:
Did anyone ordered and received iolo System Mechanic - Unlimited PCs?
I ordered one, but the package I received says "For up to 3 PCs".
The package looks different from the picture on the Newegg product page.

rated:

rated:

rated:
SuperOcean said:   Diablotek refurb computer case
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1230635/

How is Diablotek with their rebates?

rated:
GeorgeGarman said:   

Same question here. Free case seemed like a no brainer, but I'm having 2nd thoughts after googling "diablotek rebate". Mostly old info from around 2007, but seemed like there were lots of complaints of very slow processing and having to follow up multiple times to get a response. Was going to get this for a build for a friend, but will hold off and see if any other good case deals or system combos pop up.

rated:
landenpc said:   GeorgeGarman said:   

Same question here. Free case seemed like a no brainer, but I'm having 2nd thoughts after googling "diablotek rebate". Mostly old info from around 2007, but seemed like there were lots of complaints of very slow processing and having to follow up multiple times to get a response. Was going to get this for a build for a friend, but will hold off and see if any other good case deals or system combos pop up.
The majority of the complaints are actually tied to ZipZoomFly offering better-than-free after rebate Diablotek products and not delivering on the rebate. I have no record of ever doing a diablotek rebate to City of Industry, but am in for trying this one.

Side note:
The only rebates I've never received are from ZipZoomFly. After not receiving the rebates, I filed credit card chargebacks. A month later, my credit card had $1000+ of unauthorized charges and the zipzoomfly website had disappeared.

rated:
hit2 said:   Did anyone ordered and received iolo System Mechanic - Unlimited PCs?
Mine came in a shrinkwrapped CD case, and the cover is same as the picture on Newegg.

rated:
I placed two orders for these, they sent me one as pictured, the other was a 3pc, the UPCs are the same 813279007522 so claiming rebate won't be a problem. They will resend you a advertised copy, however, it takes a little work and some more wait time too. If you decide to return,DO NOT do anything to the package, especially the UPC, they will not take any package that was tempered with.

rated:
hit2 said:   Did anyone ordered and received iolo System Mechanic - Unlimited PCs?

The one that I received says Unlimited PCs. You must have gotten the wrong one.

rated:
sakrlewu said:   Nova Development Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8
$25 - $25 MIR (exp 11/1/12)
YMMV on additional $20 on-box rebate

I ordered Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8 and received version 9 instead. The box didn't indicate the version number and I only discovered it was version 9 after opening the box. Did anyone else receive version 9? The rebate form requires a copy of the version 8 manual cover and my manual clearly shows it is version 9.

rated:
Kaspersky is now asking for the whole bottom flap instead of just the UPC

rated:
jwkoda said:
I ordered Greeting Card Factory Deluxe 8 and received version 9 instead. The box didn't indicate the version number and I only discovered it was version 9 after opening the box. Did anyone else receive version 9? The rebate form requires a copy of the version 8 manual cover and my manual clearly shows it is version 9.
Let me guess - that is an Avanquest or Nova rebate? YMMV with those, as noted several times in various threads.

rated:
cashistrash said:   Kaspersky is now asking for the whole bottom flap instead of just the UPC
Yeah I get a bad feeling about Kaspersky Rebates all of a sudden.

My extra 2nd quarter rebates did not arrive either. Haven't called em yet though.

Time to dial back on them I think.

rated:
cashistrash said:   Kaspersky is now asking for the whole bottom flap instead of just the UPC

Thanks...just saved me $35 by having an invalid rebate! Sneeky bastards! The actual rebate form your download from Newegg says 'Original UPC'...it's only when you pre-register that they change the terms. That is just wrong.

Edit: The Diablotek rebates for the refurb cases are sponsored by Newegg (sent to Tempe,AZ) , so you shouldn't have a problem getting your money if you did those. I would be more wary about rebates going to City of Industry.

rated:
vsfoxe said:   jwkoda said:
Let me guess - that is an Avanquest or Nova rebate? YMMV with those, as noted several times in various threads.

Yes I'm another Nova rebate victim

rated:
Same here - NEVER AGAIN with the Nova products!!

rated:
I haven't opened the box yet. Should I return the product?

Spooie said:   Same here - NEVER AGAIN with the Nova products!!

rated:
Newegg stands behind their rebate, so if you really want the product and get rejected by Nova, Newegg will intervene on your behalf, as they did when I had a Kaspersky rebate issue.

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   Newegg stands behind their rebate, so if you really want the product and get rejected by Nova, Newegg will intervene on your behalf, as they did when I had a Kaspersky rebate issue.

Newegg has never helped me with any MIR. They have always referred the matter to the manufacturer and washed their hands off me. This has happend three times, and then I stopped contacting them and dealing with shady rebates (like Nova/Avanquest/IMSI).

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   Newegg stands behind their rebate, so if you really want the product and get rejected by Nova, Newegg will intervene on your behalf, as they did when I had a Kaspersky rebate issue.This is definitely not my experience with Newegg. They usually decline to help, or offer a small percentage of the amount if you're a repeat customer. They used to fund it 100%, but I have not had this happen in years.

rated:
KASPERSKY lab Pure 2.0 - 3 User
$64.99 - $9.99 Coupon (EMCJJND66) - $55 MIR (exp 11/15/12)

rated:
GeorgeGarman said:   Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound /Paste FAR + FS at Newegg
thanks to propcgamer
Potential moneymaker as the price is lowered to $7.99 and the rebate is still valid thru tomorrow.

rated:
sakrlewu said:   GeorgeGarman said:   Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound /Paste FAR + FS at Newegg
thanks to propcgamer
Potential moneymaker as the price is lowered to $7.99 and the rebate is still valid thru tomorrow.

Now $10.99 again

rated:
squinky86 said:   1brooklyn1 said:   Newegg stands behind their rebate, so if you really want the product and get rejected by Nova, Newegg will intervene on your behalf, as they did when I had a Kaspersky rebate issue.This is definitely not my experience with Newegg. They usually decline to help, or offer a small percentage of the amount if you're a repeat customer. They used to fund it 100%, but I have not had this happen in years.That was my experience as well. I was really surprised when they told me there was nothing they would do for me.

rated:
What software/technology rebate companies are good to deal with? I guess Nova and Avanquest offer rebates and then they do not pay them? Are there other software/technology rebate companies that offer rebates and do not pay them?

rated:
ColorBoutique said:
What software/technology rebate companies are good to deal with? I guess Nova and Avanquest offer rebates and then they do not pay them? Are there other software/technology rebate companies that offer rebates and do not pay them?
Yes, there are others to avoid - Sony, Kaspersky, and McAfee! My $ .02 follows:

---You know about Nova/Avanquest.

---Any Sony product having a rebate which claims to have a Competetive Rebate/Upgrade Rebate offer which is on the same rebate form as the rebate for buying the product. These rebates have a box you check, and you send in more documentation for the Upgrade, BUT - you never have a separate Tracking Number for the Upgrade rebate, and they never let you know if something is wrong with it, til it is too late to fix it. They got me once, but never again since I don't purchase any of their products anymore.

---Kaspersky - their rebates now require you to cut off the TOP OF THE BOX for the purchase rebate. And they require you to cut off the BOTTOM OF THE BOX for the Upgrade rebate. And they LIE, by telling you different requirements prior to you filing for the rebates. I no longer buy any of their products, period.

---McAfee likes to screw rebate people by denying more than one rebate FOR THE SAME PRODUCT, even if the rebate offer is a different number, and even if the software is not purchased from the same retailer. I don't buy more than one of their products any longer. Be careful.

Most others seem fine. Follow their rules, keep copies, and be patient - some of them are so slow it's pitiful (NERO, Bitdefender and others)! Norton/Symantec is about the best in the long run. Hope this helps. I've done thousands of software rebates, and this reflects my experiences, right or wrong.

rated:
I've had no problems with McAfee, Kaspersky, or Sony. I have done >40 McAfee rebates, 29 Kaspersky rebates, and 6 Sony rebates without issue.

The only companies I've had issues with:
Avanquest/Nova - Have had to call multiple times, but never lost a rebate

RaidMax - often have to call, but never lost a rebate

Xigmatec - have had to call multiple times, but they have the nicest marketing person (Christina) who eventually is able to get the rebate out

ZipZoomFly - randomly declined rebates claiming to have the ability to change terms after the rebate is approved by their processor. Disputed cc transaction resulted in fraudulent activity on that card a month later. Company is now bankrupt.

CompUSA - before they were bought out, they'd have some better-than-free deals that I always had to call to receive the check from. They have since sold out to TigerDirect.

TigerDirect - >4 years ago, they had a very bad reputation.

Generally, rebates processed by Parago (El Paso, TX) and 4myrebate/WWR (Tempe, AZ) are pretty good. Rebates processed by Helgeson Enterprises (White Bear Lake, MN - Sony and Bitdefender), GPG (rapid-rebates.com), Ohana Companies (myrebateonline.com), and many of the other smaller players take a while to receive and can be difficult to call and reach a live person. Rebates that go to City of Industry, CA or to the manufacturer offering the rebate are hit-and-miss, and it is sometimes better to wait for someone to post their experiences before jumping on one of these.

rated:
ColorBoutique said:   What software/technology rebate companies are good to deal with? I guess Nova and Avanquest offer rebates and then they do not pay them? Are there other software/technology rebate companies that offer rebates and do not pay them?

I would add McAfee and IMSI due to the fact that they impose per year limit even with different promotion #s, I hate keeping track of rebates like that, easy to miss one and be out $50.

I also don't like any rebate directly from the manufacturer, many rebates going to "City of Industry, CA" fall under this category. They always require multiple follow-ups to get anything.

rated:
Agreed - no issues with McAfee or Kaspersky in 2012, or anything via RebatesHQ at all. Nova/ Avanquest are very bad. Anything going through City of Industry is a crap shoot at best.

squinky86 said:   I've had no problems with McAfee, Kaspersky, or Sony. I have done >40 McAfee rebates, 29 Kaspersky rebates, and 6 Sony rebates without issue.

The only companies I've had issues with:
Avanquest/Nova - Have had to call multiple times, but never lost a rebate

RaidMax - often have to call, but never lost a rebate

Xigmatec - have had to call multiple times, but they have the nicest marketing person (Christina) who eventually is able to get the rebate out

ZipZoomFly - randomly declined rebates claiming to have the ability to change terms after the rebate is approved by their processor. Disputed cc transaction resulted in fraudulent activity on that card a month later. Company is now bankrupt.

CompUSA - before they were bought out, they'd have some better-than-free deals that I always had to call to receive the check from. They have since sold out to TigerDirect.

TigerDirect - >4 years ago, they had a very bad reputation.

Generally, rebates processed by Parago (El Paso, TX) and 4myrebate/WWR (Tempe, AZ) are pretty good. Rebates processed by Helgeson Enterprises (White Bear Lake, MN - Sony and Bitdefender), GPG (rapid-rebates.com), Ohana Companies (myrebateonline.com), and many of the other smaller players take a while to receive and can be difficult to call and reach a live person. Rebates that go to City of Industry, CA or to the manufacturer offering the rebate are hit-and-miss, and it is sometimes better to wait for someone to post their experiences before jumping on one of these.

rated:
vsfoxe said:   ---Any Sony product having a rebate which claims to have a Competetive Rebate/Upgrade Rebate offer which is on the same rebate form as the rebate for buying the product. These rebates have a box you check, and you send in more documentation for the Upgrade, BUT - you never have a separate Tracking Number for the Upgrade rebate, and they never let you know if something is wrong with it, til it is too late to fix it. They got me once, but never again since I don't purchase any of their products anymore.
I have never had problems with the Sony upgrade rebates. It should be easy enough to figure out if there is a problem when the rebate shows up as valid by checking the rebate amount. If it's not what you were expecting, there is a problem. I agree it is a bit confusing but on the other hand, you save a stamp because there is only one form to submit
---McAfee likes to screw rebate people by denying more than one rebate FOR THE SAME PRODUCT, even if the rebate offer is a different number, and even if the software is not purchased from the same retailer. I don't buy more than one of their products any longer. Be careful.It's not clear that this is true anymore. I don't think there have been reports of rejections in some time, probably over a year.

rated:
Spooie said:   

Not that it matters, but CompUSA was actually really good about paying rebates in the recent history before they went out of business. Agreed that they'd been terrible back when they were being processed by the firm in New Rochelle, NY (bonus points for the company name -- I think the website was wheresmyrebate.com). I never did get to meet those guys, despite an offer to come down and have lunch with the owner. I think the fact that they were fined big time by the FTC had something to do with CompUSA's getting religion about paying rebates on a timely basis without bogus rejections.
I almost never have problems with White Bear Lake rebates. Only time I can recall a problem was when there was some confusion over being able to submit multiple offers (I had been told that I could and then it got rejected). I like to call City of Industry the place where rebates go to die. I never buy anything with a rebate going there.

rated:
squinky86 said:   I've had no problems with McAfee, Kaspersky, or Sony. I have done >40 McAfee rebates, 29 Kaspersky rebates, and 6 Sony rebates without issue.

whether you were successful in getting the multiple rebates processed for same McAfee products in 2012?

rated:
Wow, so much useful info! Thanks!

rated:
PhinTron said:   squinky86 said:   I've had no problems with McAfee, Kaspersky, or Sony. I have done >40 McAfee rebates, 29 Kaspersky rebates, and 6 Sony rebates without issue.

whether you were successful in getting the multiple rebates processed for same McAfee products in 2012?

I have.

rated:
ColorBoutique said:   Wow, so much useful info! Thanks!Yes, too bad it's taken over a thread that was supposed to be only for posting FAR stuff at Newegg.

rated:
Real quick before we go back to regularly scheduled programming...

How long does one usually wait before contacting Nova when their rebates are listed as "Pending Review"? I submitted 8 in October and 7 out of 8 say "Pending Review" and the last one says "In Process".

rated:
Spooie said:   PhinTron said:   squinky86 said:   I've had no problems with McAfee, Kaspersky, or Sony. I have done >40 McAfee rebates, 29 Kaspersky rebates, and 6 Sony rebates without issue.

I have.

I have not. I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings for speaking the truth.

rated:
badboi said:   I have not. I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings for speaking the truth.Was it this year? Of course you should also add that you've had rebates from other companies rejected for unpublished limits when no one else has reported similar problems.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 121 22 23242566
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014