• Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Please--- Rename the thread "Why I don't like Rebates!", and
as a Courtesy to Newegg;
take Them off the thread Title. . .

rated:
billrubin said:   badboi said:   I have not. I hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings for speaking the truth.Was it this year? Of course you should also add that you've had rebates from other companies rejected for unpublished limits when no one else has reported similar problems.

Bill I don't want to go into specifics but yes it was last year. Never bothered to purchase another McAfee product. I don't gamble. If anyone wants to know the specifics they may go back and check this thread.

rated:
billrubin said:
Was it this year? Of course you should also add that you've had rebates from other companies rejected for unpublished limits when no one else has reported similar problems.
I had problem with McAfee Total Protection rebates during April this year (2012). I successfully submitted & received 12-15 rebates, but made the mistake of mentioning it on a thread here - The very next one was denied. Never had a similar problem with any rebates, just McAfee. I no longer buy their products, rebate or not.

rated:
NUANCE PDF Create 8.0
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 11/19/12)

AVG ANTI-VIRUS 2013 - 1 PC
$20 - $20 MIR (exp 11/22/12)

rated:
sakrlewu said:   NUANCE PDF Create 8.0
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 11/19/12)

AVG ANTI-VIRUS 2013 - 1 PC
$20 - $20 MIR (exp 11/22/12)
Thanks for getting us back on topic!

Just a reminder that AVG was free earlier, and I have had them enforce the 1-per-year-per-product limit recently. With enough complaining, they did make a "1 time exception."

rated:
squinky86 said:   Just a reminder that AVG was free earlier, and I have had them enforce the 1-per-year-per-product limit recently. With enough complaining, they did make a "1 time exception."I was wondering if anyone had had that happen. I assume the limit is per calendar year?

rated:
cashistrash said:   Kaspersky is now asking for the whole bottom flap instead of just the UPCI wonder if they will reject it I just peel off the top layer of the flap instead of cutting the whole thing off. I guess it may not be worth taking a chance given how picky they are.

rated:
ABBYY PDF TRANSFORMER 3.0
$55 - $55 MIR (exp. 11-26-12)

MCAFEE TOTAL PROTECTION 2013 (3 User)
$65 - $65 MIR (exp. 11-28-12)

AVG PC TUNE-UP
$25 - $25 MIR (exp. 11-29-12)

rated:

rated:

rated:
peste386 said:   Real quick before we go back to regularly scheduled programming...

How long does one usually wait before contacting Nova when their rebates are listed as "Pending Review"? I submitted 8 in October and 7 out of 8 say "Pending Review" and the last one says "In Process".

I have numerous Nova/Avanquest rebates that are pending review, some of them go back many months. I filed a BBB complaint and Nova didn't respond to it. I have contacted Nova numerous times. Not sure what my next plan of action should be.

rated:
Flatbob said:   squinky86 said:   Just a reminder that AVG was free earlier, and I have had them enforce the 1-per-year-per-product limit recently. With enough complaining, they did make a "1 time exception."I was wondering if anyone had had that happen. I assume the limit is per calendar year?

I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.

rated:
HTN said:   bitdefender Sphere Unlimited Devices
$60 - $60 MIR (exp 11/29/12)
Probably just a typo, but heads-up that this rebate form states that it's for Sphere 2012, while the product listing on Newegg is for 2013.HTN said:   Total Defense PC Tune-Up
$35 - $35 MIR (exp 11/26/12)

Total Defense Premium Internet Security - 5 User
$50 - $50 MIR (exp 11/26/12)
Both require activation, even though the PC Tune-Up information form omits this detail.

rated:
squinky86 said:   HTN said:   bitdefender Sphere Unlimited Devices
Probably just a typo, but heads-up that this rebate form states that it's for Sphere 2012, while the product listing on Newegg is for 2013.HTN said:   Total Defense PC Tune-Up

Both require activation, even though the PC Tune-Up information form omits this detail.

I think the BitDefender Sphere is fine. I don't even think that there are different 2012 and 2013 versions of that product.

As for the Total Defense, that is sneaky of them to not mention the activation requirement in the PDF rebate form for the PC Tune-Up on Newegg. I see that the online submission for the rebate states:

" Activation code is on the back of user guide or in welcome email"

So does that mean that all we need to do is open the box and type in the activation code that is on the user guide? Or do we still need to actually install and activate the software?

rated:
roy7736 said:   squinky86 said:   HTN said:   bitdefender Sphere Unlimited Devices

I think the BitDefender Sphere is fine. I don't even think that there are different 2012 and 2013 versions of that product.

As for the Total Defense, that is sneaky of them to not mention the activation requirement in the PDF rebate form for the PC Tune-Up on Newegg. I see that the online submission for the rebate states:

" Activation code is on the back of user guide or in welcome email"

So does that mean that all we need to do is open the box and type in the activation code that is on the user guide? Or do we still need to actually install and activate the software?
According to CSR, software that is not activated will have their rebates declined. Simply putting the activation code into the form does not count as activating the product.

rated:
roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?

rated:
Hmmm that's not good. OT, I filed a BBB complaint against Parago and they did not respond to it. Parago used to be a rebate processor that was easily dealth with.

billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?

rated:
Has anyone had the one per year per product enforced on Viper products?

rated:
billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?

They told me one rebate per unique product in a lifetime.

rated:
Is that Smith Micro limitation specific to a particular version? If I've received a rebate for Anime Studio Debut 8, can I receive one for Anime Studio version 9?

rated:
mwerner1 said:   Is that Smith Micro limitation specific to a particular version? If I've received a rebate for Anime Studio Debut 8, can I receive one for Anime Studio version 9?

According to what I was told, yes the rebate should be OK since it's a different product (new version).

rated:
roy7736 said:   billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?

I did smith micro lately. What is the offer number that you got rejected for?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   ABBYY PDF TRANSFORMER 3.0
$55 - $55 MIR (exp. 11-26-12)

WARNING--read the reviews! Rebate problems!

rated:
Second that. Wow rebate deals seem so risky now. I guess manufacturers are seeing a much higher redemption rate which they do not expect.

Wreptyle said:   roy7736 said:   billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?

I did smith micro lately. What is the offer number that you got rejected for?

rated:
I just had a McAfee Total Protection 2013 rebate 12-24486 rejected. First McAfee 2013 product rebate I've done. "Your rebate request did not pass out audit process". I faxed problem to Frys, filed with BBB, and sent email to Parago. Will call McAfee tomorrow. That is B.S. There will never be another McAfee product in my house - lifetime promise! And I will suggest that policy to anyone I have an opportunity with forever. Have a nice short lifetime, McAfee.

rated:

rated:
FullTimeDad said:   Has anyone had the one per year per product enforced on Viper products?

I'm interested in this as well. Although, just as importantly, does a different # of PC's or license length qualify as a different product by GFI Vipre or Parago? Ie. is Vipre IS 1PC Lifetime different for rebate purposes from Vipre IS 10PC 1Year?

rated:

rated:
Newegg has apparently dropped their CashBack to 1% at both FatCash and ebates! Happy Black Friday -- bah humbug!

rated:
billrubin said:   Newegg has apparently dropped their CashBack to 1% at both FatCash and ebates! Happy Black Friday -- bah humbug!Booooooo! Kind of like when they stopped paying CB on hard drives when the prices were so high. But that was temporary - maybe this is too.

rated:

rated:
billrubin said:   Newegg has apparently dropped their CashBack to 1% at both FatCash and ebates! Happy Black Friday -- bah humbug!

CB at Savingswatch is 1.5%

rated:
roy7736 said:   billrubin said:   roy7736 said:   I have had that problem with AVG and Smith Micro recently, and I have certainly had that problem with McAfee in the past. I do not buy any McAfee products at all any more because of that.Smith Micro is rejecting rebates now? What are the guidelines?
FWIW, I just did a live chat with Parago and the rep there told me I could do both rebates. I have saved the transcript in case I have problems and told her I was doing so.

rated:

rated:

rated:
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 - 3 PCs
$44.99 - $9.99 (BF3AV26) - $35 MIR (exp 11/26)

rated:
Flatbob said:   ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 - 3 PCs

Be aware you can't sell this one on eBay.

rated:

rated:

rated:
dhilpert said:   Flatbob said:   ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 - 3 PCs
Be aware you can't sell this one on eBay.
just curious about the reason ?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 122 23 24252666
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014