• filter:
  • 123 24 25262766
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
raddish said:   dhilpert said:   Be aware you can't sell this one on eBay. just curious about the reason ?Eset gets their European branch to file a copyright infringement notice to eBay. You have to then take Eset to court in the UK to fight it. Yes, the American branch of a Slovakian company uses their UK office to fraudulently file copyright infringement cases... makes perfect sense now, right?

rated:
raddish said:   dhilpert said:   Flatbob said:   ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 - 3 PCs
$44.99 - $9.99 (BF3AV26) - $35 MIR (exp 11/26)
Be aware you can't sell this one on eBay.
just curious about the reason ?
I had to sell mine on Amazon. I lost, eBay lost and ESET still lost.

rated:
Thanks OP for the consolidation.

rated:
squinky86 said:   raddish said:   dhilpert said:   Be aware you can't sell this one on eBay. just curious about the reason ?Eset gets their European branch to file a copyright infringement notice to eBay. You have to then take Eset to court in the UK to fight it. Yes, the American branch of a Slovakian company uses their UK office to fraudulently file copyright infringement cases... makes perfect sense now, right? oh, the drama of some companies! thanks for the info ...

rated:

rated:
OT but on Thanksgiving my stepmother told me she'd just bought Eset Nod32 AV as an online download for her PC. Paid $89. I told her to cancel her subscription and get her money back.

rated:
FWIW, the rebate for my 2nd copy (different promotions, of course) of Manga Studio showed up and is valid.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   OT but on Thanksgiving my stepmother told me she'd just bought Eset Nod32 AV as an online download for her PC. Paid $89. I told her to cancel her subscription and get her money back.Ugh, reminds me of the woman who runs the office at my synagogue (where I had installed NIS) who bought a license for Norton 360 Premier and even paid extra for the virus removal service. Her machine was attached to a Symantec Id that I had set up for them so I got the email. After I finished going ballistic with her, I contacted Symantec and cancelled the subscription, and then renewed using one of many spare licenses for NIS that I had.

rated:

rated:

rated:
vsfoxe said:   I just had a McAfee Total Protection 2013 rebate 12-24486 rejected. First McAfee 2013 product rebate I've done. "Your rebate request did not pass out audit process". I faxed problem to Frys, filed with BBB, and sent email to Parago. Will call McAfee tomorrow. That is B.S. There will never be another McAfee product in my house - lifetime promise! And I will suggest that policy to anyone I have an opportunity with forever. Have a nice short lifetime, McAfee.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! Wow...got the dreaded McAfee "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process." status. I stopped doing McAfee rebates for a couple of years ever since that last fiasco (One rebate per product per household is allowed), but decided to try it this time. I thought it was "per product", which means McAfee Internet Security 2013 should be different than McAfee Internet Security 2011, but it may not be the case. Will have to fight this.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   vsfoxe said:   I just had a McAfee Total Protection 2013 rebate 12-24486 rejected. First McAfee 2013 product rebate I've done. "Your rebate request did not pass out audit process". I faxed problem to Frys, filed with BBB, and sent email to Parago. Will call McAfee tomorrow. That is B.S. There will never be another McAfee product in my house - lifetime promise! And I will suggest that policy to anyone I have an opportunity with forever. Have a nice short lifetime, McAfee.

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME! Wow...got the dreaded McAfee "Your rebate request did not pass our audit process." status. I stopped doing McAfee rebates for a couple of years ever since that last fiasco (One rebate per product per household is allowed), but decided to try it this time. I thought it was "per product", which means McAfee Internet Security 2013 should be different than McAfee Internet Security 2011, but it may not be the case. Will have to fight this.

Not happening to me so far. Wonder if once you're on their blacklist, you stay there.

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   Not happening to me so far. Wonder if once you're on their blacklist, you stay there.

Blacklist or not, the terms of the rebate should still hold. This isn't like being blacklisted at Staples where they just choose not to sell it to you and cancel your orders. They essentially trick you into spending money on their products.

rated:
Wreptyle said:   JamesTKirk said:   Not happening to me so far. Wonder if once you're on their blacklist, you stay there.

Blacklist or not, the terms of the rebate should still hold. This isn't like being blacklisted at Staples where they just choose not to sell it to you and cancel your orders. They essentially trick you into spending money on their products.

Probably the idea is to keep you from simply getting the FAR versions forever and not actually paying them anything.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   Probably the idea is to keep you from simply getting the FAR versions forever and not actually paying them anything.No, more likely to stop people from buying many copies a year for resale.

rated:
I was one of those that lost several hundred dollars to McAfee's "Your rebate request did not pass out audit process" during the summer of 2010. I did not attempt another McAfee rebate, under my name, until June of this year when I mistakenly used my real name and address. It was then that I discovered that it is indeed a blacklist for life. I fought hard for that rebate and eventually found someone at McAfee that had the power to send me a check. The rebate itself never was validated. Yes, it's blacklisted for life.

rated:
stevek8455 said:   I was one of those that lost several hundred dollars to McAfee's "Your rebate request did not pass out audit process" during the summer of 2010. I did not attempt another McAfee rebate, under my name, until June of this year when I mistakenly used my real name and address. It was then that I discovered that it is indeed a blacklist for life. I fought hard for that rebate and eventually found someone at McAfee that had the power to send me a check. The rebate itself never was validated. Yes, it's blacklisted for life.

Thanks for the info, sounds similar to my experience. Can you provide details on what you did to eventually get to that person? I figured that if I contact parago, they will just give me the run-around or they won't know. Last time they gave me contact info for McAfee rep, but that took a lot of digging to get to the right person.

rated:
I thought McAfee cleaned up this mess, I guess not.

I recently bought 2 McAfee software from Staples, one is Total Protection 2013, 1 user, the other is Internet Security 2013. After seeing you guys problem here, I am gonna return the IS 2013. Too late for the Total protection 2013 since I already sent my rebate.

I don't think I will touch any McAfee from now on.

rated:
billrubin said:   LorenPechtel said:   Probably the idea is to keep you from simply getting the FAR versions forever and not actually paying them anything.No, more likely to stop people from buying many copies a year for resale.

If they treated "one per product" as each year's version being a separate product this would make sense.

However, the person reporting it was saying that different years were being treated as the same product.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:
However, the person reporting it was saying that different years were being treated as the same product.
I had the opportunity to talk with a person at McAfee on their "Executive Customer Services Team" today. Their position is that (for example) McAfee Total Protection is the SAME PRODUCT, whether it's the 2011 version, or 2012, or 2013, or 2019 - SAME PRODUCT. You can do one rebate for that product. BUT - he also went on to say that "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" works for the Calendar Year. Now that I'm writing this, I realize that the two rules can't coexist with each other. I wish I had thought about that while I was on the phone, today. He did seem to realize that their rebates needed more specific information about the secret rules to allow the consumer to be aware of the rules, but I wouldn't count on it changing soon. At any rate, I'm taking the easy way out, and will no longer consider buying ANY McAfee product, regardless of what they do, say, write, or change. I am returning what software I have. I'd recommend that you keep your money in your pocket.

rated:
vsfoxe said:   LorenPechtel said:
I had the opportunity to talk with a person at McAfee on their "Executive Customer Services Team" today. Their position is that (for example) McAfee Total Protection is the SAME PRODUCT, whether it's the 2011 version, or 2012, or 2013, or 2019 - SAME PRODUCT. You can do one rebate for that product. BUT - he also went on to say that "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" works for the Calendar Year. Now that I'm writing this, I realize that the two rules can't coexist with each other. I wish I had thought about that while I was on the phone, today. He did seem to realize that their rebates needed more specific information about the secret rules to allow the consumer to be aware of the rules, but I wouldn't count on it changing soon. At any rate, I'm taking the easy way out, and will no longer consider buying ANY McAfee product, regardless of what they do, say, write, or change. I am returning what software I have. I'd recommend that you keep your money in your pocket.

You don't say. Tell us something we don't know.

rated:
Sometimes I view this thread just so that I can see how much red the first reply has gotten to.

rated:
vsfoxe said:   
I had the opportunity to talk with a person at McAfee on their "Executive Customer Services Team" today. Their position is that (for example) McAfee Total Protection is the SAME PRODUCT, whether it's the 2011 version, or 2012, or 2013, or 2019 - SAME PRODUCT. You can do one rebate for that product. BUT - he also went on to say that "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" works for the Calendar Year. Now that I'm writing this, I realize that the two rules can't coexist with each other.

I was looking at mine. I did McAfee internet security 2012 3PC twice 4 months apart in calendar 2012. So, I violated the rules either way. Have not had a problem yet. They are not applying these rules to everyone. I have two more 2013 rebates going in though, I think I will quit for awhile if those turn out OK.

rated:
JamesTKirk said:   vsfoxe said:   
I had the opportunity to talk with a person at McAfee on their "Executive Customer Services Team" today. Their position is that (for example) McAfee Total Protection is the SAME PRODUCT, whether it's the 2011 version, or 2012, or 2013, or 2019 - SAME PRODUCT. You can do one rebate for that product. BUT - he also went on to say that "Your rebate request did not process our audit process" works for the Calendar Year. Now that I'm writing this, I realize that the two rules can't coexist with each other.

I was looking at mine. I did McAfee internet security 2012 3PC twice 4 months apart in calendar 2012. So, I violated the rules either way. Have not had a problem yet. They are not applying these rules to everyone. I have two more 2013 rebates going in though, I think I will quit for awhile if those turn out OK.

This may be a possibility. I know if anybody's on their blacklist, it's me, consider I went to war with them back in 2010 and made numerous calls to Frys, BBB, and posted many threads everywhere. I do also remember I went back and forth with a Eric Robinson that's also on their Executive Customer Services Team. He clearly indicated back then that its one product per rebate, but did not clarify what one product is. Anyway, PM me for his contact info. I am unsure how I want to proceed as of yet.

rated:
Wreptyle- were any of your purchases from Staples?
Historically Staples has been really good about paying rebates denied by Parago-- managers just key in request at the register.
I wonder if one is less likely to have issues w/ Staples purchases.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Wreptyle- were any of your purchases from Staples?
Historically Staples has been really good about paying rebates denied by Parago-- managers just key in request at the register.

I did one order from Newegg, one from Staples. The first one that was rejected was from Staples, the other one I haven't got status on (but expect to be denied). But thank you for telling me this...I'll contact Staples first. What do you mean at the register? I expect to call Staples CSR, but are you implying going back to the store?

rated:
Wreptyle said:   my4mainecoons said:   Wreptyle- were any of your purchases from Staples?

I did one order from Newegg, one from Staples. The first one that was rejected was from Staples, the other one I haven't got status on (but expect to be denied). But thank you for telling me this...I'll contact Staples first. What do you mean at the register? I expect to call Staples CSR, but are you implying going back to the store?

yes, go back to the store assuming you bought it B&M and have all your documentation. I haven't had a dot com purchase rebate rejected, maybe someone else here has (excepting badboi...)
Its been awhile since I had a Staples rebate denied but SM checks the rebate, makes sure its ok then requests a check through the register. I think the money comes from Staples not from Parago.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Wreptyle said:   my4mainecoons said:   Wreptyle- were any of your purchases from Staples?

yes, go back to the store assuming you bought it B&M and have all your documentation. I haven't had a dot com purchase rebate rejected, maybe someone else here has (excepting badboi...)
Its been awhile since I had a Staples rebate denied but SM checks the rebate, makes sure its ok then requests a check through the register. I think the money comes from Staples not from Parago.

Wait...so they gave you cash for your rebate in store? The Staples one I did purchase from in store, so that's good news.

rated:
No, they don't give you cash in the store, they request a check which gets mailed to you.

rated:
OT. I files a complaint against Parago for a Keurig rebate. They would not change the result. However, they just changed my two Smith Mocro rebates which were validated on Nov. 8 and Dec. 5 to invalid (missing UPC and missing serial number reasons). Wow, it looks like they are revenging me !

rated:
McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 3 PCs
$55 - $55 MIR (exp 12/20)

QFX wood headphones (refurb) back in stock

SmithMicro Anime Studio Debut 8
$40 - $40 MIR (exp 12/20)

I also just chatted with Parago - my AVG Internet Security rebate was rejected from Newegg for invalid UPC. UPC I sent: 814949012563. Correct UPC for the rebate: 814949011849. This is the third time this has happened with AVG rebates through Newegg in the past year. After about 10 minutes of back-and-forth, the rebate was approved as a "1-time courtesy."

rated:
woodsley said:   OT. I files a complaint against Parago for a Keurig rebate. They would not change the result. However, they just changed my two Smith Mocro rebates which were validated on Nov. 8 and Dec. 5 to invalid (missing UPC and missing serial number reasons). Wow, it looks like they are revenging me !

I'm having problems with Smith Micro rebates too. Not sure what's going on with them, but be wary about doing any Smith Micro rebates for products that you've already submitted rebates for in the past. I spoke with Smith Micro and I was told the rebate limit is 1 per lifetime for each unique product that they sell, and they are not willing to validate my 3 invalid rebates.

rated:
If any of you considering filing a complaint agains Parago, they may take revenge on you by invalidating the other rebates for no reason. They invalidated my Anime Studio 9 rebate from Newegg and asked me to call Smith Micro. I bought Anime Studio 8 before but this is first time for Anime Studio 9 version.

roy7736 said:   woodsley said:   OT. I files a complaint against Parago for a Keurig rebate. They would not change the result. However, they just changed my two Smith Mocro rebates which were validated on Nov. 8 and Dec. 5 to invalid (missing UPC and missing serial number reasons). Wow, it looks like they are revenging me !

I'm having problems with Smith Micro rebates too. Not sure what's going on with them, but be wary about doing any Smith Micro rebates for products that you've already submitted rebates for in the past. I spoke with Smith Micro and I was told the rebate limit is 1 per lifetime for each unique product that they sell, and they are not willing to validate my 3 invalid rebates.

rated:
They invalidated my Anime Studio 9 rebate (the first time for this version) and asked me to contact Smith Micro. I think Parago did it because I filed a complaint against them for a Keurig rebate. They did not even correct that Keurig rebate.

rated:
Over a 1 week period, Parago invalidated approx. 15 rebates of mine that were valid, and switched to invalid using the term didn't pass the audit process, including several McAfee rebates. I have already contacted the retailers, will contact the manufacturers, and then the BBB and maybe the FTC along with the Texas AG.

rated:
What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

1brooklyn1 said:   Over a 1 week period, Parago invalidated approx. 15 rebates of mine that were valid, and switched to invalid using the term didn't pass the audit process, including several McAfee rebates. I have already contacted the retailers, will contact the manufacturers, and then the BBB and maybe the FTC along with the Texas AG.

rated:
Yeah they look fair enough

rated:
woodsley said:   What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

1brooklyn1 said:   Over a 1 week period, Parago invalidated approx. 15 rebates of mine that were valid, and switched to invalid using the term didn't pass the audit process, including several McAfee rebates. I have already contacted the retailers, will contact the manufacturers, and then the BBB and maybe the FTC along with the Texas AG.

Norton and Trend, but it's probably just me with Parago,I have had many issues with them over the years.

rated:
1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

Norton and Trend, but it's probably just me with Parago,I have had many issues with them over the years.

Now THIS is a concern if true. I've never had any issues with Norton and Trend. And I doubt it's YOUR issue with Parago, since with McAfee, they clearly take direction from McAfee Executive Team. There must be more to the story...what else happened that you think may have prompted this?

rated:
I think Norton rebates are very reliable. Like I said earlier, I think Parago invalidated my two Smith Micro rebates ( they were valid before) because I filed a complaint agains them at BBB for a Keurig rebate. They are revenging me!

Wreptyle said:   1brooklyn1 said:   woodsley said:   What are the other rebates besides McAfee rebates that got switch from valid to invalid?

Now THIS is a concern if true. I've never had any issues with Norton and Trend. And I doubt it's YOUR issue with Parago, since with McAfee, they clearly take direction from McAfee Executive Team. There must be more to the story...what else happened that you think may have prompted this?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 123 24 25262766
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014