• filter:
  • 127 28 29303170
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
pkp413 said:   Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.

Parago: Tracking number and/or company name should be on the card and/or mailer

Velocity Fulfillment (RebateAccess / Status-Now): There's some numbers on the mailer that may be sequence numbers but nothing particularly useful. If you don't want to call (and if you do report back on how it goes), you're stuck guessing based on the date mailed, date received and amount.

4MyRebate:On the tracking page the "Reward Card processing" has a confirm number listed. You used to be able to give this "proxy number" to the phone number on the back of the card (AMEX) and get the last 4 digits, but this may have stopped working.

rated:
pkp413 said:   Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.I just received a Newegg/Visa prepaid debit card as the 'award' for a Newegg rebate. I don't find anything on the card or the mailer it came attached to that allows me to link it up to the actual rebate promotion that it's for. In my case, I only had one outstanding Newegg rebate, so there's no ambiguity, but I can definitely see the problem if you have more than one due from Newegg with the same amounts. I would hope that a call to the number listed on the rebate form you submitted would get you the necessary information.

rated:
pkp413 said:   Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.

Not all people do this, but I usually keep track of my rebates by scanning/copying them and then putting the file into a folder (i've started getting lazy and putting them onto google and named it rebates with a subfolder called done...) and then match the amount to the rebate that I sent. I've only recently started doing the Newegg rebates since they're single rebates (and not one regular one and 1 upgrade) so, we'll see how it goes.

I have to admit, it gets a little confusing if there are multiple rebates from the same manufacturer for the same amount. otherwise, it should be manageable. hope this helps

rated:
pkp413 asked:
Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.

I don't know where New egg's rebates fit within the puzzle, but here are some generalities:

Well, that IS a challenge!. First, you MUST pay attention to the confirmation emails you receive (IF you receive them!). The email has the Tracking Number (7-9 digit number) which helps track your rebate up to a certain point. The email will also have a link to the Rebate Company's website so you can check the Status of your rebate. Personally, when I was doing bunches of rebates (I did 560 Between Oct. 2011 & Oct. 2012) I had made up my own Excel spreadsheet, giving Date of submission, Title of rebate, who was paying, where I bought it, submission method (mail/electronic/both), Tracking Number, Rebate Company, Rebate/Offer number, Name used, Who got the money, and a column for "Valid"/etc., and another column for date of latest info. Also used color coding system. It was necessary for keeping up with my submitted rebates. NOW, let's go to the two legs of Rebate World. Ones you CAN figure out, then ones you CANNOT figure out.

First - The ones you CAN identify. Like Kaspersky, Corel, Iolo, Nero, Panda, Webroot, Acronis, Nitro and some others. If paid by check, the Tracking Number is on the front of the check, above your address or at the top of your check. Norton & McAfee are paid by Debit Cards (these should be outlawed!), and the paper the card is stuck to will have your Tracking Number at the upper right of the paper.

Second - The ones I CANNOT identify. Like AVG, Bitdefender, Nuance, New egg and some others which pay by debit card (AMEX/Visa/etc.). These lousy Rebate Companies cannot be bothered to put the Tracking Number on ANY means of payment, thereby eliminating just about any chance of determining WHICH $20 rebate you just got a debit card for. Calling Rebate Company or Software Rebate Center is a waste of your time - no knowledge there.

Then there are ALL the others who use some combination of stuff, and you will have about ZERO chance of identifying which is which.

And there is the wonderful Staples Easy Rebate, which should be allowed in the First Category. BUT - Staples (for some unknown and unjustifiable reason) sees fit to continue with their Step One of processing: Change the rebate Tracking Number and tell no one what the new number is. Yes, it can be followed, but is more complicated than all the others. So when you receive your Staples Easy Rebate check, it will have a nice 9-digit Tracking Number above your address. But it is useless because - Remember Staples STEP ONE? - Change the Tracking Number and tell no one!

So, you can identify some, you can't identify others, and some Rebate Processors don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. I won't guarantee this info, and it's just the tip of the iceberg, and is always subject to change and you won't know till you're out $$$$$. I quit doing rebates when Kaspersky decided they needed the whole top or bottom of the box for a rebate. McAfee & some others got it all screwed up, and won't publish what the "screw you" rules are. I think Norton is going the way of McAfee, so keep an eye out. Good luck!

rated:
vsfoxe said:   pkp413 asked:
Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.

I don't know where New egg's rebates fit within the puzzle, but here are some generalities:

Well, that IS a challenge!. First, you MUST pay attention to the confirmation emails you receive (IF you receive them!). The email has the Tracking Number (7-9 digit number) which helps track your rebate up to a certain point. The email will also have a link to the Rebate Company's website so you can check the Status of your rebate. Personally, when I was doing bunches of rebates (I did 560 Between Oct. 2011 & Oct. 2012) I had made up my own Excel spreadsheet, giving Date of submission, Title of rebate, who was paying, where I bought it, submission method (mail/electronic/both), Tracking Number, Rebate Company, Rebate/Offer number, Name used, Who got the money, and a column for "Valid"/etc., and another column for date of latest info. Also used color coding system. It was necessary for keeping up with my submitted rebates. NOW, let's go to the two legs of Rebate World. Ones you CAN figure out, then ones you CANNOT figure out.

First - The ones you CAN identify. Like Kaspersky, Corel, Iolo, Nero, Panda, Webroot, Acronis, Nitro and some others. If paid by check, the Tracking Number is on the front of the check, above your address or at the top of your check. Norton & McAfee are paid by Debit Cards (these should be outlawed!), and the paper the card is stuck to will have your Tracking Number at the upper right of the paper.

Second - The ones I CANNOT identify. Like AVG, Bitdefender, Nuance and some others which pay by debit card (AMEX/Visa/etc.). These lousy Rebate Companies cannot be bothered to put the Tracking Number on ANY means of payment, thereby eliminating just about any chance of determining WHICH $20 rebate you just got a debit card for. Calling Rebate Company or Software Rebate Center is a waste of your time - no knowledge there.

Then there are ALL the others who use some combination of stuff, and you will have about ZERO chance of identifying which is which.

And there is the wonderful Staples Easy Rebate, which should be allowed in the First Category. BUT - Staples (for some unknown and unjustifiable reason) sees fit to continue with their Step One of processing: Change the rebate Tracking Number and tell no one what the new number is. Yes, it can be followed, but is more complicated than all the others. So when you receive your Staples Easy Rebate check, it will have a nice 9-digit Tracking Number above your address. But it is useless because - Remember Staples STEP ONE? - Change the Tracking Number and tell no one!

So, you can identify some, you can't identify others, and some Rebate Processors don't know their a$$ from a hole in the ground. I won't guarantee this info, and it's just the tip of the iceberg, and is always subject to change and you won't know till you're out $$$$$. I quit doing rebates when Kaspersky decided they needed the whole top or bottom of the box for a rebate. McAfee & some others got it all screwed up, and won't publish what the "screw you" rules are. I think Norton is going the way of McAfee, so keep an eye out. Good luck!

I was referring to the black Newegg prepaid cards they send for Newegg rebates (those submitted on Newegg.rebateaccess.com - not the ones from Symantec/Prago/McAfee/StatusNow etc., I know how to track those). They do not have tracking# or any sort of reference number nor do they allude to the product the rebate is for, not on the mailer or the card itself. I have 5 $20 rebates pending from last year and I have no idea which one the $20 card I just received is for. Yes, for unusual amounts/unique amount, like $10.99 or $70, I can use the amount to line them up. But not for ones where I have multiple rebates pending for the same amount. They are more or less like BitDefender cards with no way to tie to a particular submission for that amount.

rated:
VivYip said:   goldpiece said:   I can see why the AhnLab V3 Click is being given away. What a weird device!

I just received mine today and finally understood your reply! I thought it'd just be software...then a box that could hold a cordless phone arrives...it's like push-button thing! (I sorta have this urge to call it a Newegg version of Staples' easy button)

That is the first thing I thought of too! A Newegg button!

rated:
pkp413 said:   I was referring to the black Newegg prepaid cards they send for Newegg rebates (those submitted on Newegg.rebateaccess.com - not the ones from Symantec/Prago/McAfee/StatusNow etc., I know how to track those). They do not have tracking# or any sort of reference number nor do they allude to the product the rebate is for, not on the mailer or the card itself. I have 5 $20 rebates pending from last year and I have no idea which one the $20 card I just received is for. Yes, for unusual amounts/unique amount, like $10.99 or $70, I can use the amount to line them up. But not for ones where I have multiple rebates pending for the same amount. They are more or less like BitDefender cards with no way to tie to a particular submission for that amount.

Are all 5 of the $20 cards marked as shipped on the online tracking? You should be able to narrow it a bit down using that but it's going to be pretty hard otherwise. The "mailing" date is one month before the "you should receive it by" date listed on the tracking.

As a note RebateAccess and Status-Now are run by the same company; you can even track some of the NE ones submitted on RA at the SN site.

rated:
pkp413 said:
I was referring to the black Newegg prepaid cards they send for Newegg rebates (those submitted on Newegg.rebateaccess.com - not the ones from Symantec/Prago/McAfee/StatusNow etc., I know how to track those). They do not have tracking# or any sort of reference number nor do they allude to the product the rebate is for, not on the mailer or the card itself. I have 5 $20 rebates pending from last year and I have no idea which one the $20 card I just received is for. Yes, for unusual amounts/unique amount, like $10.99 or $70, I can use the amount to line them up. But not for ones where I have multiple rebates pending for the same amount. They are more or less like BitDefender cards with no way to tie to a particular submission for that amount.

Yup. "Second Category" type of rebate. Add it and be done.

rated:

So far I've never had enough outstanding that that was a problem. Only once have I had two outstanding for the same amount and they were close together, I could simply hold the first check until the second showed and then take both of them out of my pending folder.

rated:
VivYip said:   pkp413 said:   Questions for Newegg rebate pros, how do you match up the cards they send with rebates? I am having hard time figuring it out, they don't mention anything but the rebate amount on the card/mailer and I have multiples with the same amount...online tracking also does not state the card# for the offer after the rebate has been fulfilled.

Not all people do this, but I usually keep track of my rebates by scanning/copying them and then putting the file into a folder (i've started getting lazy and putting them onto google and named it rebates with a subfolder called done...) and then match the amount to the rebate that I sent. I've only recently started doing the Newegg rebates since they're single rebates (and not one regular one and 1 upgrade) so, we'll see how it goes.

I have to admit, it gets a little confusing if there are multiple rebates from the same manufacturer for the same amount. otherwise, it should be manageable. hope this helps

That's how I handle it also, minus Google. I scan everything I mail and delete it when I get the rebate. If files that are too old are in the directory I see what's up.

rated:
just in case anyone is interested, I just noticed that the giveaway page has a Newegg promo:

Enter to win! ends 2/4

FatWallet wants to help one lucky FatWallet member score big with a $100 gift card to Newegg! From computer accessories to cameras, Newegg features a wide range of electronics. Whether you are a novice or a tech guru, you will be sure to find something on their website!

(I was looking at what else might be going on other than the FTD giveaway)

rated:
thanks. never knew there's a giveaway page.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   thanks. never knew there's a giveaway page.Second that. Thanks!

rated:
bbm182 said:   4MyRebate:On the tracking page the "Reward Card processing" has a confirm number listed. You used to be able to give this "proxy number" to the phone number on the back of the card (AMEX) and get the last 4 digits, but this may have stopped working.For me, it got to the point where I had to do *something* for this fulfiller, so now I put the offer # as the second address line in my mailing address when I submit the rebate. So far that has worked perfectly.

rated:
Flatbob said:
For me, it got to the point where I had to do *something* for this fulfiller, so now I put the offer # as the second address line in my mailing address when I submit the rebate. So far that has worked perfectly.
Good idea !!!

rated:
2 titles have been added

McAfee Internet Security 2013 - 3 PCs
$65 - $65 rebate card exp 2/14/13

SmithMicro Voila
$25 - $25 rebate exp 2/14/13

usual McAfee warning applies

rated:
UPC sticker on the AhnLab product does not match UPC on the rebate form. If you look closely through the sticker, you can see that they covered up the original UPC which does match the rebate form. Anyone confirm their UPC with the rebate processor yet?

rated:
squinky86 said:   UPC sticker on the AhnLab product does not match UPC on the rebate form. If you look closely through the sticker, you can see that they covered up the original UPC which does match the rebate form. Anyone confirm their UPC with the rebate processor yet?

good point...I forgot to double check...I was able to peel off the sticker...only I put the sticker on the rebate (my bad) Guess I'm going to give them a call when I get the updated status...

rated:
2 more software have been added:

AVG AntiVirus 2013 - 3 PC
$25 - $25 rebate card exp 2/14/13

VIPRE Internet Security 2013 - 10 PCs - Product Key Card (no media)
$55 - $55 rebate card exp 2/14/13

I'm temporarily removing Webroot, panda, ahn, and anime since the price has gone up (it's 6am, but sometimes they change the prices within 24hrs, so who knows...)

rated:
VivYip said:   2 more software have been added:

AVG AntiVirus 2013 - 3 PC
$25 - $25 rebate card exp 2/14/13

VIPRE Internet Security 2013 - 10 PCs - Product Key Card (no media)
$55 - $55 rebate card exp 2/14/13

I'm temporarily removing Webroot, panda, ahn, and anime since the price has gone up (it's 6am, but sometimes they change the prices within 24hrs, so who knows...)

Note the limit on the Vipre rebate is TWO per product version. So only two rebates for this product per year regardless of where purchased.

rated:
sorry I just realized/saw the email... 2 more FAR

KASPERSKY lab Internet Security 2013 - 3 PCs
$60 - $15 coupon code (EMCXVXR45) - $45 MIR exp 2/14/13

SmithMicro Manga Studio Debut 4.0
$40 - $40 MIR exp 2/14/13

rated:
VivYip said:   sorry I just realized/saw the email... 2 more FAR

KASPERSKY lab Internet Security 2013 - 3 PCs
$60 - coupon code (EMCXVXR45) - $45 MIR exp 2/14/13

SmithMicro Manga Studio Debut 4.0
$40 - $40 MIR exp 2/14/13

How is the first one FAR? EDIT: Nevermind reading isn't my strong suit.

rated:
Dynastar454 said:   

How is the first one FAR? EDIT: Nevermind reading isn't my strong suit.

LOL

It's okay, I have to admit, I forgot to add in the amount for the coupon code. The amount is updated now for $15, which should be clearer than my original wording.

rated:
VivYip said:   squinky86 said:   UPC sticker on the AhnLab product does not match UPC on the rebate form. If you look closely through the sticker, you can see that they covered up the original UPC which does match the rebate form. Anyone confirm their UPC with the rebate processor yet?

good point...I forgot to double check...I was able to peel off the sticker...only I put the sticker on the rebate (my bad) Guess I'm going to give them a call when I get the updated status...

Newegg.com have updated the rebate form, now UPC code on rebate form is correct, it is 887527000016

the new rebate form link is http://images10.newegg.com/uploadfilesfornewegg/rebate/SH/AhnLab...

rated:
1 to add back to the list today:

NUANCE PDF Create 8.0
$40 - $40 rebate card exp 2/14/13

This will be added to the QS ASAP

minor update to mention that the AVG is sold out for now and will be removed from the list for now.

update: 3:50pm to mention that McAfee IS 2013 -1PC is FAR again, with free earbuds.

McAfee Internet Security 2013 - 1 PC comes with Free ear buds w/ purchase, limited offer
$45 - $45 rebate card exp 2/18/13

the usual note/warning about McAfee rebate applies

rated:
VivYip said:   McAfee and create have been removed for now.

1 total defense software has been added:

Total Defense Anti-Virus 3 PCs
$50 - $50 rebate card (exp 2/28/13)

Total Defense Anti-Virus requires installation and activation for rebate. No CC needed for activation.

rated:
With the one mentioned below, currently there should be 3 Total Defense products FAR from Newegg.

Total Defense Premium Internet Security - 5 User
$50 - $50 rebate card exp 3/31/13

rated:
VivYip said:   With the one mentioned below, currently there should be 3 Total Defense products FAR from Newegg.

Total Defense Premium Internet Security - 5 User
$50 - $50 rebate card exp 3/31/13

Total Defense Premium Internet Security required you to activate with a credit card for the rebate. You install after activation, so no installation is needed, I hope.

rated:
squinky86 said:   Don't forget the headphones. The first one is a refurbished Logitech headset for $10 with a new $10 MIR financed by Newegg, limit 2.
Logitech H150 3.5mm Connector Supra-aural Stereo Headset - White

Has anyone received an email regarding this rebate yet? (i'm curious because I got notification on the one purchased in january, but not for this one)

rated:
VivYip said:   squinky86 said:   Don't forget the headphones. The first one is a refurbished Logitech headset for $10 with a new $10 MIR financed by Newegg, limit 2.

Has anyone received an email regarding this rebate yet? (i'm curious because I got notification on the one purchased in january, but not for this one)
I had 2 emails in my notification inbox: your reply to this thread, and an eligibility confirmation email 3 hours before that stating, "Thank you for participating in the Logitech H130 Supra-aural Stereo Headset promotion."

rated:
squinky86 said:   VivYip said:   squinky86 said:   Don't forget the headphones. The first one is a refurbished Logitech headset for $10 with a new $10 MIR financed by Newegg, limit 2.

I had 2 emails in my notification inbox: your reply to this thread, and an eligibility confirmation email 3 hours before that stating, "Thank you for participating in the Logitech H130 Supra-aural Stereo Headset promotion."

I got a notification for the Logitech, but it was for the january purchase, not this one.

The promotion "Logitech H130 Supra-aural Stereo Headset" is promotion number 45898 and it runs from January 14, 2013, to January 16, 2013

(update...i forgot the most basic search method...i went to http://www.status-now.com/ and just entered my info that way to see what's showing up...sorry for sounding like an idiot! i'm VERY new to Newegg rebates...)

rated:
VivYip said:   I got a notification for the Logitech, but it was for the january purchase, not this one. Ah, sorry. Forgot there were two different promotions. I did not receive an email for my 12/21 purchase, but when I check the status online, it says "We have received your submission and it is being processed."

rated:
due to another thread here I learned that the 3U of McAfee IS 2013 (already currently on the FAR list) now includes a free 8gb USB drive with purchase.

I apologize for not noticing the freebie sooner.

Just a reminder, McAfee 1 rebate/product/household/yr to be on the safe side.

rated:
2 software are back on the FAR list:

Panda Security Antivirus Pro 2013 - 3 PCs
$20 - $20 MIR exp 2/21/13

Nero Burn Express 2
$20 - $20 MIR exp 2/21/13

They will be added to QS ASAP

rated:
credit to squinky86's thread for the following:

Arctic Cooling CPU Cooler
$19.99 - $19.99 MIR (exp 2/18)

This will be added to QS ASAP.

rated:
AVG antivirus 1 pc is back on the list until 2/21/13.

AVG AntiVirus 2013 - 1 PC
$20 - $20 rebate card (exp 2/21/13)

rated:
garkman said:   
1) It's nearly impossible to find how to login to your account.
2) If you use the totaldefense.com/mysubscription link referenced in the manual then it won't work at all.
3) If you use the login button located at totaldefense.com/unlimited it won't actually log you in.
4) Some of the support links on the site don't work (they reference an invalid url).
5) The correct link to login and cancel the autorenew (after you've activated the product) is this: https://my.totaldefense.com/Login2.aspx
6) Your subscription will be canceled, but you can still use it for the 90 days.
7) YOU DON'T HAVE TO INSTALL ANYTHING TO ACTIVATE THE PRODUCT...they couldn't pay me $100 to install this software after seeing how incredibly shady their website and entire registration/support process is.
8 (and most important observation) I will never buy anything from this company ever again...I do rebates all the time, but this company is purposely hiding the login for how to cancel your subscription...absolutely ridiculous.

Enjoy!

I made the mistake of buying some Total Defense software. I'm going to cancel autorenew function of the subscription now, but I'm worried the rebate processor will drag their feet and not process the rebate before the 3 month free subscription expires and then deny the rebate because their terms state the activation must be valid at time of rebate processing or something like that.

Have you folks received Total Defense rebates in the past? Any issues?

I'll never buy any of their products again.

rated:
The following is FAR:

Total Defense PC Tune-Up
$35 - $35 rebate card (exp 3/31/13)

(FWIW, I have purchased Total Defense products before, but it was from Staples in 11/2012. At that time, I followed the instructions on the rebate (parago was the rebate processor) and did not need to activate the products and already deposited the checks in early 1/2013...I personally have not done the total defense products at Newegg (yet) mostly because I would rather convert my Staples/OD rewards through rebates)

rated:
Just wanted to clarify, the SmithMicro Anime Studio Debut 8 is for a rebate check, not a card as the summary says right?

rated:
yes, I apologize for the mistake. anime studio rebate (exp 2/27/13) is a check

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 127 28 29303170
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014