• filter:
  • 133 34 35363767
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
squinky86 said:   Current freebies:
BYTECC Bracket-525 3.5" Drive/Device Transfer Bracket For 5.25" Drive Bay (Black) $4.69

I'd have to say one of the neatest ones is the HDMI cable - limit 5 - a $2.50 money-maker if you buy 5 and have Shoprunner!

Actually it was $2.55 .

And the neatest one is still active -- the BYTECC bracket which is $10.99 less $10.99 rebate, but the price is $4.69 each if you buy 2 or more -- and the rebate limit is 2. Whether they pay the full rebate is anyone's guess.

Thanks to Shoprunner, mine were shipped UPS 2nd Day Air from CA to NY .

rated:
billrubin said:   squinky86 said:   Current freebies:
BYTECC Bracket-525 3.5" Drive/Device Transfer Bracket For 5.25" Drive Bay (Black) $4.69

I'd have to say one of the neatest ones is the HDMI cable - limit 5 - a $2.50 money-maker if you buy 5 and have Shoprunner!

Actually it was $2.55 .

And the neatest one is still active -- the BYTECC bracket which is $10.99 less $10.99 rebate, but the price is $4.69 each if you buy 2 or more -- and the rebate limit is 2. Whether they pay the full rebate is anyone's guess.

Thanks to Shoprunner, mine were shipped UPS 2nd Day Air from CA to NY .

Thanks. I missed that one, just ordered 2.

rated:
Today's the last day for a trio of items...

meanwhile, 1 to add:

Panda Security Internet Security 2013 - 3 PCs
$35 - $35 MIR exp 5/9/13

rated:
a few non-software items (credit to faregg)

(F/S)
EMERSON Dual-Alarm AM/FM Clock Radio CKS9031 (refurb)
$10 - $10 MIR card exp 5/12

QFX H-101 3.5mm Connector Wood Stereo Earbuds (refurb) **2.99 shipping if no Shoprunner**
$12 - $12 MIR exp 7/13/13

the clock radio is through Newegg and I have received the rebate before...the qfx earbuds through the national rebate center...I'm still waiting...I will give it until end of may before calling Newegg because 6 months is long enough for me.

rated:
adding the following:

AVG AntiVirus 2013 - 1 PC
$20 - $20 MIR card exp 5/9/13

rated:
Did anyone buy total defense pc tune-up recently? It looks like that I have to install the product before I can activate it. I did not have to install the product before for activation for rebate submission.

rated:
I am getting a lot of the prepaid rebates cards in the mail now. How can I tell which rebate the prepaid card is for? I cannot find the offer # or tracking ID on the form the card is attached to.
TIA,
George

rated:

rated:
Tip from a recent post mentioned adding the rebate offer number, in some form, to your address. Put down "Attn: 47865" or "Suite xxxxx" or "Ref: xxxxxx". A second address line would be good for this.

I'm about to be overwhelmed with $10 mystery rebate cards from recent FAR pc video games.

GeorgeGarman said:   I am getting a lot of the prepaid rebates cards in the mail now. How can I tell which rebate the prepaid card is for? I cannot find the offer # or tracking ID on the form the card is attached to.
TIA,
George

rated:
woodsley said:   Did anyone buy total defense pc tune-up recently? It looks like that I have to install the product before I can activate it. I did not have to install the product before for activation for rebate submission.

FWIW, I would only purchase the total defense product from Staples (as a last/first resort because I only use the one purchase to convert rewards through a rebate that doesn't require activation/subscription of product)

as for the Newegg prepaid card rebates, I remember seeing some people putting the rebate offer note in the optional address line #2 since Newegg rebate cards don't say what the rebate card was for. (FWIW, I go sequentially/chronologically and hope for the best I'm guessing correctly)

rated:
GeorgeGarman said:   I am getting a lot of the prepaid rebates cards in the mail now. How can I tell which rebate the prepaid card is for? I cannot find the offer # or tracking ID on the form the card is attached to.
TIA,
George

In my latest batch of rebates I added the offer number after my last name in the last name field.

rated:
2 more today...

Panda Security Antivirus Pro 2013 - 3 PCs
$20 - $20 MIR exp 5/9/13

McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC
$33 - $33 MIR card exp 5/9/13

(personally, I'm tempted to add the ahn v3click and akaspersky, but not yet...)

rated:
I am very relieved that the total defense products are temporarily off the list for now.

1 to add

SmithMicro Anime Studio Debut 8
$40 - $40 MIR exp 5/16/13

rated:
VivYip said:   McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC

No longer FAR, $3.99 and you get a $5 Newegg gift card.

rated:
hmmm...the McAfee AV 1 user's price changed, huh? strange to have that one change so fast...oh well.

here's a dangerous addition (at least it's only 1 instead of all 4)

Total Defense Unlimited Security Subscription
$10 - $10 MIR card exp 5/31/13

rated:
VivYip said:   a few non-software items (credit to faregg)

(F/S)

QFX H-101 3.5mm Connector Wood Stereo Earbuds (refurb) **2.99 shipping if no Shoprunner**

the clock radio is through Newegg and I have received the rebate before...the qfx earbuds through the national rebate center...I'm still waiting...I will give it until end of may before calling Newegg because 6 months is long enough for me.

I received a $12 rebate check today from QFX!! Outside of envelope said NRC (National Rebate Center).

rated:
roy7736 said:   

I received a $12 rebate check today from QFX!! Outside of envelope said NRC (National Rebate Center).

There's hope yet! Thanks for the post!

rated:
yippee! i got my qfx rebate...from the same time period as roy7736! As long as I can deposit it with no problems...it's just a long processing time.

meanwhile, thanks to squinky86 for the following:

squinky86 said:   ASUS GX1005B Unmanaged 10/100Mbps Desktop Unmanaged Switch for Home/SOHO
$15 - $15 MIR

rated:
squinky86 said:   SONY DREX12IP/BLK Four-conductor gold-plated stereo mini plug for iPod with remote function Connector Earbud Phone Headset $14.99 MIR ($2.99 shipping if no Shoprunner)I got one of these with last week's sale and it seemed OK, so I ordered another. The single online review claims that they got a used product and none of the extra ear pieces. That was not the case for me, so clearly they somehow got a returned unit. No excuse for Newegg sending that, but people should be smart enough to that that is a customer service issue and not a product issue deserving of a review. I hope the poster contacted them to get a replacement sent out.

rated:
billrubin said:   VivYip said:   McAfee AntiVirus Plus 2013 - 1 PC

No longer FAR, $3.99 and you get a $5 Newegg gift card.

the price for McAfee av-1pc has changed back to $33 for now...

(and today is the last day for maybe 2 of the rebates...)

Meanwhile 4 to add for today:

AhnLab V3 Click
$35 - $35 MIR card exp 5/9/13

Total Defense Anti-Virus 3 PCs
$50 - $50 MIR card exp 5/31/13

TREND MICRO Titanium AntiVirus 2013 - 3 User
$40 - -$40 MIR card exp 5/9/13

NUANCE PDF Converter 8.0
$40 - $40 MIR card exp 5/8/13

update to mention 3 more items:

KINGWIN KWCR-506 23-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader (credit to squinky86) **0.99 shipping w/o shoprunnr**
$5 - $5 MIR exp 5/31/13

APPLE Nike + iPod Sport Kit Model MA365LL/F (refurb) ** shipping is 1.99 w/o Shoprunner**
$17.99- $17.99 exp 5/8/13

Apple MD308LL/A Smart Cover - Polyurethane - Pink (refurb)
$19.99 - $19.99 MIR card exp 5/8/13

rated:
IF you do Fry's rebates, be careful Trend Micro upgrade rebates can overlap like Kaspersky. I got burned on a Trend Micro Maximum security upgrade rebate to the tune of $40. RebatesHQ actually gave it to me anyway when I contacted them. Doubt that would happen again, got to be SO careful with dates. If you're new to this, it's getting tougher and tougher.

rated:
clearanceman said:   IF you do Fry's rebates, be careful Trend Micro upgrade rebates can overlap like Kaspersky. I got burned on a Trend Micro Maximum security upgrade rebate to the tune of $40. RebatesHQ actually gave it to me anyway when I contacted them. Doubt that would happen again, got to be SO careful with dates. If you're new to this, it's getting tougher and tougher.Are you trying to say that some upgrade rebates can be long running and not specific to the current period? That's been true with Trend Micro, AVG and Kaspersky for a long time. Trend Micro's upgrade rebates (for Frys, not Newegg) are typically for the full year. The challenge is finding the time that they have a single rebate to make it FAR so you can also do the upgrade rebate and make money on it. And none of this applies to Newegg since they do NOT have the long running upgrade rebates.

rated:
VivYip said:   the price for McAfee av-1pc has changed back to $33 for now...I'm tempted to buy this, but I already bought it from Newegg earlier in the year (when I'm sure they also had a gift card promo). Has anyone heard of McAfee rebate rejections lately for rebuying the same item? I've been OK with my Staples McAfee repeat purchases, but I don't want to chance things.

rated:
I think McAfee has a 1/product/yr/person in effect... sorry. i would rather not test the rebate processor

rated:
billrubin said:   clearanceman said:   IF you do Fry's rebates, be careful Trend Micro upgrade rebates can overlap like Kaspersky. I got burned on a Trend Micro Maximum security upgrade rebate to the tune of $40. RebatesHQ actually gave it to me anyway when I contacted them. Doubt that would happen again, got to be SO careful with dates. If you're new to this, it's getting tougher and tougher.Are you trying to say that some upgrade rebates can be long running and not specific to the current period? That's been true with Trend Micro, AVG and Kaspersky for a long time. Trend Micro's upgrade rebates (for Frys, not Newegg) are typically for the full year. The challenge is finding the time that they have a single rebate to make it FAR so you can also do the upgrade rebate and make money on it. And none of this applies to Newegg since they do NOT have the long running upgrade rebates.

The Trend Micro upgrade rebate dates keep getting extended. For example, I bought TM IS 1-user in December 2012 FAR. There was also an upgrade rebate to make it an additional $25 MM. At the time of my purchase, the upgrade rebate was only valid until 12/31/12..

Now the same deal is on at Fry's. TM IS 1-user is FAR, and also has an upgrade rebate to make it $25 MM (12-22953). The upgrade rebate is the same as the one back in December. It was originally valid 9/12/12 - 12/31/12, then was extended to 3/31/13, and was again extended until 7/31/13. I save all of my rebate submissions, so this wasn't an issue for me. I guess the lesson here is to never assume an upgrade rebate end date is concrete until after that date has passed.

rated:
passion124 said:   billrubin said:   clearanceman said:   IF you do Fry's rebates, be careful Trend Micro upgrade rebates can overlap like Kaspersky. I got burned on a Trend Micro Maximum security upgrade rebate to the tune of $40. RebatesHQ actually gave it to me anyway when I contacted them. Doubt that would happen again, got to be SO careful with dates. If you're new to this, it's getting tougher and tougher.Are you trying to say that some upgrade rebates can be long running and not specific to the current period? That's been true with Trend Micro, AVG and Kaspersky for a long time. Trend Micro's upgrade rebates (for Frys, not Newegg) are typically for the full year. The challenge is finding the time that they have a single rebate to make it FAR so you can also do the upgrade rebate and make money on it. And none of this applies to Newegg since they do NOT have the long running upgrade rebates.

The Trend Micro upgrade rebate dates keep getting extended. For example, I bought TM IS 1-user in December 2012 FAR. There was also an upgrade rebate to make it an additional $25 MM. At the time of my purchase, the upgrade rebate was only valid until 12/31/12..

Now the same deal is on at Fry's. TM IS 1-user is FAR, and also has an upgrade rebate to make it $25 MM (12-22953). The upgrade rebate is the same as the one back in December. It was originally valid 9/12/12 - 12/31/12, then was extended to 3/31/13, and was again extended until 7/31/13. I save all of my rebate submissions, so this wasn't an issue for me. I guess the lesson here is to never assume an upgrade rebate end date is concrete until after that date has passed.

Thanks, I wasn't watching for this trap.

rated:
passion124 said:   Now the same deal is on at Fry's. TM IS 1-user is FAR, and also has an upgrade rebate to make it $25 MM (12-22953). The upgrade rebate is the same as the one back in December. It was originally valid 9/12/12 - 12/31/12, then was extended to 3/31/13, and was again extended until 7/31/13. I save all of my rebate submissions, so this wasn't an issue for me. I guess the lesson here is to never assume an upgrade rebate end date is concrete until after that date has passed.Where are you seeing these dates? On the Frys product page? Those are often wrong and do not reflect reality. You need to check the form itself, or possibly even Rebateshq.

rated:
billrubin said:   Where are you seeing these dates? On the Frys product page? Those are often wrong and do not reflect reality. You need to check the form itself, or possibly even Rebateshq.

Here are the 3 versions for offer# 12-22953:

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/7273683_073113U.pdf

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/7273683_033113U.pdf

http://images.frys.com/art/rebates_pdf/7273683_123112U.pdf

Other Trend Micro upgrade rebates have been extended as well. If you have done any upgrade rebates for the 2013 version of TM you likely won't be able to submit any more for that product until the 2014 versions come out.

rated:
passion124 said:   Here are the 3 versions for offer# 12-22953:
Other Trend Micro upgrade rebates have been extended as well. If you have done any upgrade rebates for the 2013 version of TM you likely won't be able to submit any more for that product until the 2014 versions come out.
The determining factor to watch out for is the promotion number (12-22953) not the valid dates.

rated:
RonR said:   passion124 said:   Here are the 3 versions for offer# 12-22953:
The determining factor to watch out for is the promotion number (12-22953) not the valid dates.

The one that got me is 12-22949

rated:
clearanceman said:   The one that got me is 12-22949As long as you didn't try to submit more than one 12-22949 rebate, you should have been good.

rated:
billrubin said:   squinky86 said:   SONY DREX12IP/BLK Four-conductor gold-plated stereo mini plug for iPod with remote function Connector Earbud Phone Headset $14.99 MIR ($2.99 shipping if no Shoprunner)I got one of these with last week's sale and it seemed OK, so I ordered another. The single online review claims that they got a used product and none of the extra ear pieces. That was not the case for me, so clearly they somehow got a returned unit. No excuse for Newegg sending that, but people should be smart enough to that that is a customer service issue and not a product issue deserving of a review. I hope the poster contacted them to get a replacement sent out.I got mine today and it also seeemed to be open and did not have the extra ear pieces. Sigh. I notice now that the description does not say that it comes with the extra pieces. I guess I got lucky with the first one.

rated:
roy7736 said:   VivYip said:   a few non-software items (credit to faregg)

(F/S)

Wow they actually paid and I didn't have to make a phone call. Thanks to all of you who did it for me.

rated:

rated:
one to add for today:

Panda Security Global Protection 2013 - 3 PCs
$45 - $45 MIR exp 5/16/13

jokingly, my guess for the next FAR will be norton with the 8gb...but right now it's $5AR...we'll see. ^_^

rated:
this post should the last for about a week or so from me (vacation time! ^_^ I'll see you in 2 weeks or so)

4 to add...

Mass Effect 3
$10 - $10 MIR card exp 5/8/13

Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Gold Compilation Pack

Venetica

TREND MICRO Titanium Internet Security 2013 -3 User
$55 - $55 MIR card exp 5/16/13

update to add 2 more (sorry!!!)

NUANCE PDF Create 8.0
$40 - $40 MIR card exp 5/13/13

Intuit QuickBooks Online Simple Start
$90 - $90 MIR exp 5/13/13

rated:
Symantec Norton Antivirus 2013 - 3 PCs free after $45 MIR card
Free 8GB USB w/ purchase, limited offer

8gb USB added to cart automatically!

LINK

rated:
I purchased this and it came with a $5 promo gift card!

VivYip said:   one to add for today:

jokingly, my guess for the next FAR will be norton with the 8gb...but right now it's $5AR...we'll see. ^_^

rated:
matrix5k said:   I purchased this and it came with a $5 promo gift card!

Chatted and rep will provide $5 GC even though I ordered the day before the deal started, thanks for the heads up.

rated:
garkman said:   matrix5k said:   I purchased this and it came with a $5 promo gift card!

Chatted and rep will provide $5 GC even though I ordered the day before the deal started, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks to you both! I did the same and got the $5 GC through chat support.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 133 34 35363767
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014