• filter:
  • 147 48 49505168
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
clearanceman said:     As long as Webroot will talk to me, it's all up to them if I get any other Parago rebates processed.  Parago is saying they won't process any of my rebates from any vendor until Webroot tells them it is OK.   That seems like fraud to me. 
Just saw your big post above

Contact the guy and let him know that the rebate terms did not mention a total limit on the number of rebates you could do so you were filing the rebates according to the terms and that you have receipts for your purchases so you didn't submit counterfeit proofs. Let them know that if they wanted to stop households from buying multiple copies under different rebate promotions throughout the year then they should list the total limit in the rebate terms like other software companies are doing with their rebates

File a BBB complaint since they have an A+ rating and someone from their upper management will see it and respond:
http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/computers-security-equip-and-systems/webroot-in-broomfield-co-15002525

rated:
I got the same letter, substitute Sony Software for Webroot. Parago wouldn't seem to have any reason to want to limit rebates. Are they being paid a "bounty" to weed out high volume rebaters? Are the software companies colluding?

rated:
clearanceman said:   
3. All rebate applications received by Parago from you, or from the address listed above, will be deemed invalid (just realized I just lost all my Parago rebates) and
 

  I would contact Parago and ask if that was a typo. The whole letter is talking about Webroot rebates. It looks like they just forgot to mention it in that one.

rated:
jatan1986 said:   
clearanceman said:     As long as Webroot will talk to me, it's all up to them if I get any other Parago rebates processed.  Parago is saying they won't process any of my rebates from any vendor until Webroot tells them it is OK.   That seems like fraud to me. 
Just saw your big post above

Contact the guy and let him know that the rebate terms did not mention a total limit on the number of rebates you could do so you were filing the rebates according to the terms and that you have receipts for your purchases so you didn't submit counterfeit proofs. Let them know that if they wanted to stop households from buying multiple copies under different rebate promotions throughout the year then they should list the total limit in the rebate terms like other software companies are doing with their rebates

File a BBB complaint since they have an A+ rating and someone from their upper management will see it and respond:
http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/computers-security-equip-and-systems/webroot-in-broomfield-co-15002525

  I sent an email very much like that. I'll file the BBB complaint now.   Thanks

rated:
I also got the same letter as Clearanceman.   Letter was dated 9/9/13.  I'm pretty sure that this is just limited to Webroot rebates processed by Parago, not ALL parago rebates.  I have submitted a handful of rebates to parago since receiving the letter, and so far they are all valid. 

I'm in the same position as Clearanceman in that when I received the letter I had two Webroot rebates that I had not yet mailed.  I used family member's addresses for those two rebates, but I am now done with Webroot rebates.  They can F**k off.

As of right now, all my current Webroot rebates are showing as valid.  As long as they pay out on those, I'm fine.  If they try to withhold those rebates, I will contact BBB, attorney general, FCC, parago corporate, Webroot corporate, Newegg, frys, etc.

 

rated:
jatan1986 said:   
clearanceman said:     As long as Webroot will talk to me, it's all up to them if I get any other Parago rebates processed.  Parago is saying they won't process any of my rebates from any vendor until Webroot tells them it is OK.   That seems like fraud to me. 
Just saw your big post above

Contact the guy and let him know that the rebate terms did not mention a total limit on the number of rebates you could do so you were filing the rebates according to the terms and that you have receipts for your purchases so you didn't submit counterfeit proofs. Let them know that if they wanted to stop households from buying multiple copies under different rebate promotions throughout the year then they should list the total limit in the rebate terms like other software companies are doing with their rebates

File a BBB complaint since they have an A+ rating and someone from their upper management will see it and respond:
http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/computers-security-equip-and-systems/webroot-in-broomfield-co-15002525

  Just filed my complaint, thanks

rated:
IamN41 said:   I also got the same letter as Clearanceman.   Letter was dated 9/9/13.  I'm pretty sure that this is just limited to Webroot rebates processed by Parago, not ALL parago rebates.  I have submitted a handful of rebates to parago since receiving the letter, and so far they are all valid. 

I'm in the same position as Clearanceman in that when I received the letter I had two Webroot rebates that I had not yet mailed.  I used family member's addresses for those two rebates, but I am now done with Webroot rebates.  They can F**k off.

As of right now, all my current Webroot rebates are showing as valid.  As long as they pay out on those, I'm fine.  If they try to withhold those rebates, I will contact BBB, attorney general, FCC, parago corporate, Webroot corporate, Newegg, frys, etc.

 

  Thanks, at least I know I am not blacklisted for all of Parago, probably anyway. 

rated:
If the rebate got turned down (if you did everything right), you can contact credit card bank (within 90 days of the purchase) and 'dispute the transaction' and get the money back.

rated:
IndianInUSA said:   If the rebate got turned down (if you did everything right), you can contact credit card bank (within 90 days of the purchase) and 'dispute the transaction' and get the money back.
  Thanks, I'll look up the status of the last Webroot rebates and the two I need to mail and dispute those charges.  Newegg will be so pleased.  

rated:
clearanceman said:   "Watch out for Webroot.  I didn't file that many and they were all different offers.  I got a letter from Parago in the snail mail saying I was flagged and they would not accept any more rebates from my address.  I have two right now getting ready to go out.  I'm supposed email a person to try to get it accepted but beware of these guys, I honestly maybe did ten different rebates with them and two haven't been mailed yet.  So they shut me down for 8 rebates, none of them repeating numbers and across all their products.  Flagged me from fraud when really they are the ones committing fraud offering rebates they won't pay.  I just emailed the address and I'll see what they say.  I just asked that they lift the ban on my address until any current rebates and the two I need to mail are processed.  If they can't do that, they aren't worth buying from and I guess the last two rebates will have to have an address change.  What PITA.  "

 

  Are You Re-selling the Webroot software, You purchased, is that Part of the Puzzle?

rated:
Good idea to get the distributors and credit card companies involved. At least make them waste their time too and share the pain. Both stand to lose if fewer units are sold, regardless of where they end up. Makes competitors such as Kaspersky, Trend Micro, BitDefender more attractive and hopefully would create some friction. Also Newegg is a Google Trusted Store. Not sure what it's worth but if you enabled that protection with your purchase it might be worth a shot. I have an unopened Webroot product that's going back to Newegg and they will know exactly why.

rated:
ughh.. i'm returning my Webroot.. thank goodness i was too lazy to do the rebate.. 

rated:
I got one of those letters mentioned earlier verbatim, except from Panda. Parago's gonna have a whole lot less submissions coming in if they start doing this across the board.

rated:
garkman said:   I got one of those letters mentioned earlier verbatim, except from Panda. Parago's gonna have a whole lot less submissions coming in if they start doing this across the board.
  Oh crap, I've done a lot of Panda rebates way more than Webroot.  I guess that one's gone too.  Just Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Trend Micro,  and Norton (to a point). It really shows the purpose of these rebates is just to advertise a product and inflate sales numbers, it's not to provide a consumer with free software.  And I'm ok with that if they bother to tell the customer up front about hidden rules.  Panda rebates don't say a word about rebate limits.  Not one word other than you can't do the same rebate twice. 

rated:
I wish Newegg should handle those anti-virus software rebates (rather than the Manufacturer) to avoid these confusions, though wait time (to get the rebate back) is little over 2 months, but reliable. We hope both Newegg and software manufacturers watch this conversations.

rated:
IamN41 said:   I also got the same letter as Clearanceman.   Letter was dated 9/9/13.  I'm pretty sure that this is just limited to Webroot rebates processed by Parago, not ALL parago rebates.  I have submitted a handful of rebates to parago since receiving the letter, and so far they are all valid. 

I'm in the same position as Clearanceman in that when I received the letter I had two Webroot rebates that I had not yet mailed.  I used family member's addresses for those two rebates, but I am now done with Webroot rebates.  They can F**k off.

As of right now, all my current Webroot rebates are showing as valid.  As long as they pay out on those, I'm fine.  If they try to withhold those rebates, I will contact BBB, attorney general, FCC, parago corporate, Webroot corporate, Newegg, frys, etc.




 

  Received the letter (9/19) dated 9.12
We need to start a list of what rebates Parago Process..

rated:
as far as i know parago processes kaspersky, Trend Micro, symantec, avg, Webroot

personally, i have stayed away from Webroot for a long time. (3 out of 4 Webroot rebates...i've had to call and argue with them...and this was before 2010.) i've had a tiny inconvenience with kaspersky easyrebates and rendmicro (missing upc...for an ez rebate that was a download....but that was maybe 2011-2012)

i think as rebates go, it's going to be like McAfee for a while...(be careful doing these...)

rated:
VivYip said:   as far as i know parago processes kaspersky, Trend Micro, symantec, avg, Webroot

personally, i have stayed away from Webroot for a long time. (3 out of 4 Webroot rebates...i've had to call and argue with them...and this was before 2010.) i've had a tiny inconvenience with kaspersky easyrebates and rendmicro (missing upc...for an ez rebate that was a download....but that was maybe 2011-2012)

i think as rebates go, it's going to be like McAfee for a while...(be careful doing these...)

  Parago also does Acronis, GFI, Intuit, McAfee, and Panda. Also I don't think they process Kaspersky rebates. Full list here:  rebateshq.com 

rated:
squinky86 said:   McAfee Internet Security 2013 - 1 PC  
$41 - $41 MIR  (exp 9/26)

rated:
VivYip said:   
squinky86 said:   McAfee Internet Security 2013 - 1 PC   
$41 - $41 MIR   (exp 9/26)


  It's worth about $2 on eBay and then you'll get a letter. 

rated:
macroman said:   ughh.. i'm returning my Webroot.. thank goodness i was too lazy to do the rebate.. 
  If you have Shoprunner (and used it on the order, which may not be the case for WR products), they pay for return shipping.

rated:
billrubin said:   
macroman said:   ughh.. i'm returning my Webroot.. thank goodness i was too lazy to do the rebate.. 
  If you have Shoprunner (and used it on the order, which may not be the case for WR products), they pay for return shipping.

  I'm going to have to call Newegg.  I've removed the DVD outer wrap for rebate but I'm going to have to return or dispute.  Probably get blacklisted but it's not my fault.  

rated:
I completely stopped with the Parage rebates when I first heard of the Norton rejections back in December. Not sure why so many others continued with them...

rated:
@Spooie - Why Parage processing rebates for all anti-virus softwares? Either Newegg or respective Manufacturers should process the rebates.

I sent in both Webroot and Symantec rebates. Time for 'dispute transaction' with Amex?

Update - I don't know why I got Red for my post.

rated:
I don't have outstanding panda rebate, I got all panda rebate and stop to purchase panda product from July, but yesterday I got following letter, just tell me I am ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda. Be careful with panda rebates!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parago Promotional Services, inc processes rebate applications on behalf of Panda Software. In the course of administering rebate programs, Parago and Panda Software seek to identify possible instances of fraud (for example, too many submissions from a single household, or use of counterfeit proofs of purchase). Such fraud may represent a violation of the rebate promotions terms and conditions, and may represent mail fraud or some other violation of state or federal law.

During the course of such examinations, a rebate application from (my address listed) was identified as possible fraud. Based on this identification, Panda Software has instructed Parago to notify you of the following:

1. Until notified otherwise by Panda Software, your are ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda Software.

2. Until notified otherwise by Panda Software, any persons having a mailing address of (my address listed) are ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda Software.

3. All rebate applications received by Parago from you, or from the address listed above, will be deemed invalid; and

4. Parago and Panda Software reserve all their rights under the law and may pursue civil or criminal legal actions in response to any suspected fraudulent rebate applications.

If you believe you have received this notice in error, wish to contest your application's identification as possible fraud, or wish to appeal your ineligibility under future Panda Software promotions, you may contact Nicole Bennett at nicole.bennett@us.PandaSecurity.com or by mail at 2600 Lake Licien Drive, Suite 115, Maitland, FL 32751

rated:
IndianInUSA said:   @Spooie - Who is Parage and why they are processing rebates for all anti-virus softwares? Either Newegg or respective Manufacturers should process the rebates.
 

Parago is the largest rebate processor out there. You don't want individual manufacturers doing it. Much of the time those end up being rebates that get lost (intentionally?) or take forever to be paid. Similarly, Newegg doesn't actually proces the rebates themselves, but they do pay a company to take care of it (just not Parago). Until now (and I guess starting with the Symantec mess) Parago had been one of the most reliable processors (if not THE most reliable).

rated:
Spooie said:   I completely stopped with the Parage rebates when I first heard of the Norton rejections back in December. Not sure why so many others continued with them...
  because they do almost all the FAR software posted here.

rated:
bill1965 said:   I don't have outstanding panda rebate, I got all panda rebate and stop to purchase panda product from July, but yesterday I got following letter, just tell me I am ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda. Be careful with panda rebates!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parago Promotional Services, inc processes rebate applications on behalf of Panda Software. In the course of administering rebate programs, Parago and Panda Software seek to identify possible instances of fraud (for example, too many submissions from a single household, or use of counterfeit proofs of purchase). Such fraud may represent a violation of the rebate promotions terms and conditions, and may represent mail fraud or some other violation of state or federal law.

During the course of such examinations, a rebate application from (my address listed) was identified as possible fraud. Based on this identification, Panda Software has instructed Parago to notify you of the following:

1. Until notified otherwise by Panda Software, your are ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda Software.

2. Until notified otherwise by Panda Software, any persons having a mailing address of (my address listed) are ineligible to participate in any rebate program sponsored by Panda Software.

3. All rebate applications received by Parago from you, or from the address listed above, will be deemed invalid; and

4. Parago and Panda Software reserve all their rights under the law and may pursue civil or criminal legal actions in response to any suspected fraudulent rebate applications.

If you believe you have received this notice in error, wish to contest your application's identification as possible fraud, or wish to appeal your ineligibility under future Panda Software promotions, you may contact Nicole Bennett at nicole.bennett@us.PandaSecurity.com or by mail at 2600 Lake Licien Drive, Suite 115, Maitland, FL 32751

  Same letter again.  September must have been "crack down on people taking advantage of our rebates" month at Panda and Webroot

rated:
clearanceman said:   
Spooie said:   I completely stopped with the Parage rebates when I first heard of the Norton rejections back in December. Not sure why so many others continued with them...
  because they do almost all the FAR software posted here.

  I know they are responsible for just about all the rebates, but why even take the chance?

rated:
for me, it's my way of fun?

maybe for rewards, CashBack, and see how far the churn can last?

jokingly, it's my way of stimulating the economy

rated:
VivYip said:   for me, it's my way of fun?

maybe for rewards, CashBack, and see how far the churn can last?

jokingly, it's my way of stimulating the economy

  The minute someone gets one about Bitdefender or Kaspersky, I'm out of the whole thing.  I'm obviously out of Webroot now and Panda.  I haven't got a letter on Panda but I will if I keep using their rebates they don't want people using.  But Bitdefender Or Kaspersky would be the end of all of them for me, wouldn't be worth doing any of it except maybe Newegg branded rebates. 

rated:
VivYip said:   for me, it's my way of fun?

maybe for rewards, CashBack, and see how far the churn can last?

jokingly, it's my way of stimulating the economy

  It was fun for me too until I received my first - and only - Norton rejection (audit).  That's when I pulled the plug on Parago rebates.

rated:
I agree that Parago used to be the most reliable rebate processor, but sadly things changed! I submitted a Smithmicro rebate for PDF2 Office product in August and they never received it. I have faxed my resubmission twice in the last two weeks and nothing showed up! I was wondering if they just ignored my submission. Anyway I bought that product for the 1st time.

Also, two of my QuickBooks simple start from OD last March never showed up. I resubmitted in July and they rejected because of invalid company ID and they would not budge when I called them a couple of times. I then called the office of president for intuit and the girl asked me to send her the documents. She got back to me saying that the rebate was denied because the limit was one rebate per year.

rated:
Newegg tells me to go ahead and submit the rebates and if they are denied, they will help me.  I might do it, I don't see how it's helping me to set on the rebates, I can still dispute with the CC company either way right?

rated:
Oh man, I got a Webroot rebate check in the mail today from my pre-banned for life days.  A full quarter of the check is gone including the amount.  The scan strip is mostly intact, if the bank won't take it, I'll have to contact Parago for re-issue.  Surely it's not been sabotaged??

rated:
In my experience, credit card issuers will not get involved in rebate disputes.  In one case it was a Visa charge and the other case it was a Discover charge.  In both cases, they refused to even investigate, saying they don't consider rebate offers to be part of the purchase.  As long as there was no problem with the merchandise received, they consider the transaction to be satisfactorily completed.

rated:
Doing a charge back is pretty lame. It's not the merchants fault. Besides, most the rebates say they are for the end user only and prohibit resellers. Can't really blame them...

rated:
garriew said:   Doing a charge back is pretty lame. It's not the merchants fault. Besides, most the rebates say they are for the end user only and prohibit resellers. Can't really blame them...
  Can't blame them for banning a person for life for taking advantage of the promotion?  Why are you even on this topic?

rated:
If someone is reselling them and the terms say that's not allowed, then no I don't blame them for banning someone for life. I'm sure I will get banned to at some point but I won't cry about how unfair it is and scream charge back. After all, I know what the terms say. I know that getting a rebate every time looks fishy.

rated:
garriew said:   If someone is reselling them and the terms say that's not allowed, then no I don't blame them for banning someone for life. I'm sure I will get banned to at some point but I won't cry about how unfair it is and scream charge back. After all, I know what the terms say. I know that getting a rebate every time looks fishy.
  Yeah, taking advantage of 12 rebates total from the same software maker over the years is grounds for sudden banning.  

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 147 48 49505168
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014