• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I went to Lowes looking for a new Refrigerator, as I walked up they had a ton of items out front of the store and I saw about 10 Refrigerators inline, one of them being the higher end Samsung I didn't want to fork out the extra cash for.

I talked to the sales guy inside and they didn't have the model I wanted in stock so I walked back out and looked at the Samsung again.

Another sales guy walked up and said if you like it take 100 of the already discounted price 1150.00 to 1050.00, better deal but still not FW hotness, so I said I think about it and his manager walked over and said how about 70% off the retail price... So my 1900.00 model on sale for 1150.00 just dropped to 560.00 ( 70% of 1900.00 ), free drop off and I slapped a 4 year warranty on for another 100.00.

They had 2 other SS models GE and one other that were french door, but I stuck with my Side by side model. There were giving people 70% off on all the clearance models out front and they were moving fast... I got the Samsung RSG257AARS in SS..

They dropped of the refrig today and it working great. I bought it at the 775 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA location.

Happy Hunting

Dil

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
thanks aarzi!!! just amazing to hear that. I hope I get this kitchen done before dec then!

aznlstar (Oct. 03, 2011 @ 9:26p) |

Another way to save is after you are sure of which store you are going to buy from, you buy gift cards to that store eit... (more)

aarzi (Oct. 03, 2011 @ 9:51p) |

On top of that, your state may have some programs to help save more. This weekend in Virginia its a no sales tax weeken... (more)

boojapho (Oct. 06, 2011 @ 9:26p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Which Lowes were you shoppping at?

aahh, I was eyeing those samsungs a few wknds ago. They have a nice touch, and that cool blue LED lighting is super plesant

That's a great deal. Shame I just picked one up a few months ago. Had I know, I would've jumped on this. I got mine for a great price though at the Sears Outlet. I've bought most of my appliances there.

I got a refrigerator from Lowe's a few years ago for nearly half price. I simply called them up and asked if they had any new fridges on clearance. They had one in stock, and I grabbed it. They always have floor models and scratch & dents, but most of those look like bombs hit them. Still, I guess there are some good ones hidden within the junk. I'd ask for any new clearance fridges first though.

775 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA location

Dil

To make it even sweeter, Lowes will take and dispose the old appliance free of charge.

If you are a PG&E customer don't give the old fridge to Lowes because PG&E will give you $35 for your unwanted working fridge. PG&E

Great Deal OP !

I always lowball Lowe's or Home Depot clearance items to the dept manager. So much so as my GF goes to another isle because she can't deal with the negotiations.

80% of the time they do not take my offer or give a good counter and I walk, but a lot of time they do.

An old-timer once advised me- If your offer doesn't embarrass you a little bit - you offered too much...

I wish I followed that advice all the time, but it's tough to to push like that.

Great deal OP. I wish you had done this a month back . I bought a Frigidaire @Lowes for $430 as I needed one at short notice. I did see the clearance fridges, but like zhelder said, most looked like some gang used them for target practice. I still managed to get 20% off by combining a 10% off coupon and getting the sales guy to give me a higher end model at the same price as the next model down. Good to know that Lowes will go as low as 70% on the clearance line-up.

oakind said:   80% of the time they do not take my offer or give a good counter and I walk, but a lot of time they do.How often? Like 50% of the time?

oakind said:   So much so as my GF goes to another isle because she can't deal with the negotiations.Does she swim across? or take a boat?

Are you some kind of Aarz ?

aarzi said:   oakind said:   80% of the time they do not take my offer or give a good counter and I walk, but a lot of time they do.How often? Like 50% of the time?

oakind said:   So much so as my GF goes to another isle because she can't deal with the negotiations.Does she swim across? or take a boat?

oakind said:   Are you some kind of Aarz ?

aarzi said:   oakind said:   80% of the time they do not take my offer or give a good counter and I walk, but a lot of time they do.How often? Like 50% of the time?

Try mentally challenged? I didn't even understand the comedy behind his post.

jnheinz said:   Try mentally challenged? I didn't even understand the comedy behind his post.hmmm...
you are the one who did not understand, and I am the one who is mentally challenged??

One day (fingers crossed) a nuclear war will break out over a misspelled word on teh internet.

I like to shop at Lowes especially for the clearance/return items. Most of the times, they are just as good. I have got doors, storm doors, windows, refrigerator, etc. Home Depot almost always has nothing like it.rm

Dilbertic said:   I went to Lowes looking for a new Refrigerator, as I walked up they had a ton of items out front of the store and I saw about 10 Refrigerators inline, one of them being the higher end Samsung I didn't want to fork out the extra cash for.

I talked to the sales guy inside and they didn't have the model I wanted in stock so I walked back out and looked at the Samsung again.

Another sales guy walked up and said if you like it take 100 of the already discounted price 1150.00 to 1050.00, better deal but still not FW hotness, so I said I think about it and his manager walked over and said how about 70% off the retail price... So my 1900.00 model on sale for 1150.00 just dropped to 560.00 ( 70% of 1900.00 ), free drop off and I slapped a 4 year warranty on for another 100.00.

They had 2 other SS models GE and one other that were french door, but I stuck with my Side by side model. There were giving people 70% off on all the clearance models out front and they were moving fast... I got the Samsung RSG257AARS in SS..

They dropped of the refrig today and it working great. I bought it at the 775 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA location.

Happy Hunting

Dil

A copy of the receipt would be great. That is what the guy at my Lowes wanted to see. That model was on sale for 15XX at my store and they would not come down a dime from that price.

(BTW "isle" is not spelled wrong...it is the wrong word spelled correctly. Unless they really live in a group of islands somewhere.)

Grand Rapids, MI Lowes was a no go. she offered 15% off scratch & dents. no thanks, i want to pay (much) less for something that looks better

Just left the Paramus, NJ Lowes, and they weren't having any of it. only 10% off the broken models. They need to understand that I spend lots of money at Lowes, and they may lose a customer if I don't get a great deal.

MeIsCheap said:   Grand Rapids, MI Lowes was a no go. she offered 15% off scratch & dents. no thanks, i want to pay (much) less for something that looks better Scratch & dent appliances at some Sears appliance and furniture outlet stores are 50% off

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   They need to understand that I spend lots of money at Lowes, and they may lose a customer if I don't get a great dealNo they wont

Seems to me that 70% off clearing price is not national wide. Luck you OP

I was at my local Lowes last week but they looked damaged.

Before anyone gets too excited over the Samsung units, check into them a bit more closely and you will find out why they are being discounted so heavily. (My locale has them discounted deeply, too, and we had to buy a new fridge for a new 2nd home.) It seems some brain-trust at Samsung thought it was a good idea to have the unit go into "demo mode" if it loses power and power is restored. What is so bad about this you ask? "Demo mode" has the lights on, etc. and looks like everything is normal, except that there is absolutely no cooling going on in the freezer or fridge until you manually reset the unit to do so. How slick is that? Your electricity stutters and you now have spoiled food.

We went with a different brand.

Mickie3 said:   Before anyone gets too excited over the Samsung units, check into them a bit more closely and you will find out why they are being discounted so heavily. (My locale has them discounted deeply, too, and we had to buy a new fridge for a new 2nd home.) It seems some brain-trust at Samsung thought it was a good idea to have the unit go into "demo mode" if it loses power and power is restored. What is so bad about this you ask? "Demo mode" has the lights on, etc. and looks like everything is normal, except that there is absolutely no cooling going on in the freezer or fridge until you manually reset the unit to do so. How slick is that? Your electricity stutters and you now have spoiled food.

wow - so much for going on vacation when you have this fridge.

Haji said:   Mickie3 said:   Before anyone gets too excited over the Samsung units, check into them a bit more closely and you will find out why they are being discounted so heavily. (My locale has them discounted deeply, too, and we had to buy a new fridge for a new 2nd home.) It seems some brain-trust at Samsung thought it was a good idea to have the unit go into "demo mode" if it loses power and power is restored. What is so bad about this you ask? "Demo mode" has the lights on, etc. and looks like everything is normal, except that there is absolutely no cooling going on in the freezer or fridge until you manually reset the unit to do so. How slick is that? Your electricity stutters and you now have spoiled food.

wow - so much for going on vacation when you have this fridge.

My sentiments exactly. I wonder if the "brain-trust" that came up with that software still has a job. Hopefully not.

Thanks for the heads up on this, I wonder which models this effect. Like I said this was very ymmv, they had 2 other SS models, but they were french doors a GE profile and a Frigidaire I think. One of them had 2 top doors, a middle pull out door and the bottom freezer. I almost took that instead, except the fact I hate french door freezer area.

Only thing I can offer is if you pull up to the store and they have them out in front of the store ( outside ) find the guy walking around and FW them

Dil

Mickie3 said:   Before anyone gets too excited over the Samsung units, check into them a bit more closely and you will find out why they are being discounted so heavily. (My locale has them discounted deeply, too, and we had to buy a new fridge for a new 2nd home.) It seems some brain-trust at Samsung thought it was a good idea to have the unit go into "demo mode" if it loses power and power is restored. What is so bad about this you ask? "Demo mode" has the lights on, etc. and looks like everything is normal, except that there is absolutely no cooling going on in the freezer or fridge until you manually reset the unit to do so. How slick is that? Your electricity stutters and you now have spoiled food.

I can only hope they have a firmware upgrade for a fridge...that would be amusing comedy to upgrade.

I have a Samsung FD and never had a problem with demo mode with a power outage. Always goes back to the cooling temperature you set.

Dilbertic said:   

Happy Hunting

Dil

you got very lucky, that location ROUTINELY has their clearance appliance stock for 10 or maybe 20% off retail tops!

Got a Samsung fridge 50% off in Sacramento, plus used by 10% moving coupon. It was a returned item with a quarter size dent on the side. Definitely YMMV. They're apparently doing inventory soon and want to clear as much as possible.

Folks, i am looking to buy a fridge, just got back from the Sears outlet and they wont negotiate on their inventory. Planning to go to Lowes next. Just want to ask.. do you just walk over to the sales guy and ask if he can work on the price? (that is what i did at the Sears outlet.. and did not work..)

Just got back from Lowe's. I found a Sumsung French door refrigerator on clearance. The original price is $2000. Marked down to $1500. And after I asked, they dropped the price to $1300 including extra 4-year extended warranty. The only problem is the unpleasant smell inside the refrigerator. The salesman said someone must have used it before it's returned. Should I buy it? Is a (very slightly) used one worth $1300?

jolapo said:   Just got back from Lowe's. I found a Sumsung French door refrigerator on clearance. The original price is $2000. Marked down to $1500. And after I asked, they dropped the price to $1300 including extra 4-year extended warranty. The only problem is the unpleasant smell inside the refrigerator. The salesman said someone must have used it before it's returned. Should I buy it? Is a (very slightly) used one worth $1300?

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that unpleasant smell may have been the reason why the 'frig was returned. I, personally, would not put that kind of money on an already used smelly refrigerator.

skinflinto said:   jolapo said:   Just got back from Lowe's. I found a Sumsung French door refrigerator on clearance. The original price is $2000. Marked down to $1500. And after I asked, they dropped the price to $1300 including extra 4-year extended warranty. The only problem is the unpleasant smell inside the refrigerator. The salesman said someone must have used it before it's returned. Should I buy it? Is a (very slightly) used one worth $1300?

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that unpleasant smell may have been the reason why the 'frig was returned. I, personally, would not put that kind of money on an already used smelly refrigerator.

Thanks for the reply. When I need something, I always want to buy it now. The salesman was really kind, and suggested me to wait and look around. I think you're right. That might be the reason why it's returned.

STEALfromCAGgive2FW said:   Just left the Paramus, NJ Lowes, and they weren't having any of it. only 10% off the broken models. They need to understand that I spend lots of money at Lowes, and they may lose a customer if I don't get a great deal.

any nice fridges at the Lowes in Paramus? i was planning on checking it out this weekend.

how would you compare Lowes floor models with Sears outlet models ? Also any experience on buying online at www.usappliances.com ?? - Much appreciate all your suggestions as I'm in need of a decent french-door model.

jolapo said:   skinflinto said:   jolapo said:   Just got back from Lowe's. I found a Sumsung French door refrigerator on clearance. The original price is $2000. Marked down to $1500. And after I asked, they dropped the price to $1300 including extra 4-year extended warranty. The only problem is the unpleasant smell inside the refrigerator. The salesman said someone must have used it before it's returned. Should I buy it? Is a (very slightly) used one worth $1300?

Thanks for the reply. When I need something, I always want to buy it now. The salesman was really kind, and suggested me to wait and look around. I think you're right. That might be the reason why it's returned.

You are very welcome!

Is there a certain time of year that these things go on Clearance. I mean when do new models arrive-so they clearance the old? Just about a few hours ago, we decided to remodel our entire kitchen. We have a tiny top freezer unit, so we plan to redo some cabinets and fit a bigger fridge in. Didn't want to just run out and buy one at a regular sale price so I wouldn't mind using the current one. I'm assuming most refrigerators are about the same size (+/- a few inches) and I could just remodel the cabinet now to fit that dimension.

New models arrive in the Spring, prior to when most people undertake renovations/upgrades/new housing. Older models are clearanced out any time in the Fall/Winter depending on sale volume, size of inventory, floor space, weather, and so on.

Skipping 3 Messages...
On top of that, your state may have some programs to help save more. This weekend in Virginia its a no sales tax weekend on certain Energy Star appliances. Plus there is an Energy Star rebate out there for Virginia for an additional $60 off a fridge.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014