http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004VTXLPW

Product Features
Point Blank Outershell- Summerwear
Kevlar Stab Proof - Water Resistant Treated
5 x 8 - 40 Layer Kevlar TRAUMA Insert by Point Blank
Economical/Affordable/Effective/
Black/Concealable/Lightweight

Product Description
Point Blank Black Concealable Carrier Kevlar Soft Body Armor Inserts 5 x 8 Front SAPI Pocket Armor Insert Water Resistant Pre-Treated Kevlar. Economical way to have great protection at a reasonable price. Good For first time vest buyers.

Thanks MickJ / Mark

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Great for my next trip across the border!

theescapee (Sep. 22, 2011 @ 11:04a) |

Could be an '05 CVPI with ballastic door panels. This is FW.

elektronic (Sep. 22, 2011 @ 11:19a) |

My guess is a Mercedes Benz Guard or BMW Protection Model.

netsurf12 (Sep. 22, 2011 @ 12:42p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, this will come in useful on Black Friday in line at the local Wal-Mart.

"Good For first time vest buyers."

and this is a good deal because?

frenzieddeals said:   and this is a good deal because?

Did you find better prices somewhere? The next cheapest I can find is about $70 more. I think that qualifies as good. You might not be in the market for one, but somebody is. Oh, this costs quite a bit more, but here is protection for your puppy too! http://www.securityprousa.com/cak9arve.html

good deal

I still say these are useless unless they come with the "groin" plate attachment and a bullet proof helmet. I would feel ALOT safer.

P.S. I'm only joking. BPV have saved many of lives and the price looks great for a LVL III. Green OP

how long do you have to return them if they don't work?

disposable said:   how long do you have to return them if they don't work?

Amazon.com is not Costco....

Don't worry, it's a lifetime warranty!

If it doesn't work you don't need a return

If you wear this for paint ball, do body shots still count?

kewl

Who's the seller? This is not a good deal at all. They look used, there's photos of several different brands to include Galls. Doesn't show a seller, refers to 2 used sellers and one that says new.

And its tax deductable as a job expense.

legirons said:   Who's the seller? This is not a good deal at all. They look used, there's photos of several different brands to include Galls. Doesn't show a seller, refers to 2 used sellers and one that says new.

Please Read Post , Go to.
1 new from $269.95 link ( In Title )
There is only one link with NEW @ $269.95 + $6.99 Shipping
You will find a NEW Kevlar Bulletproof Vest there.

I did read the post, the stats say it's a point blank. I don't think point blank is selling their vests on Amazon. You can't fit to it, its a state size. This is not the kind of item you can buy off the rack. This is not a good deal at all. The top says its by armourco, but the body says point blank. This looks like an old crappy model with crappy straps that stretch too easily. Its an under shirt model, in a blue carrier? No good for folks wearing white shirts, so it's a uniform model. Buying a kevlar vest is not like buying shoes. Avoid this item.

Since we're on the topic; does anyone have any idea what the cost of a normally outfitted Dragon Skin by Pinnacle Armor is running? I'd be willing to buy new or used (within 0-3 years old ONLY) and i'd be looking for level III or IIIA in a 48" chest size. Feel free to PM me with questions or answers.

This is a lousy deal. Who makes the vest? About 5 years ago our dept. had to turn in our vests because there was a recall in Second Chance Body Armor. (we used to call it last chance) The kevlar was degrading faster in the heat and did not provide adequate protection. Also most vests have expiration dates due to degradation of the material. Is this where my recalled vest went? I dont know and neither do you. Just because it says "new" in the description and nothing else are you going to trust it with your life?

"Did you find better prices somewhere? The next cheapest I can find is about $70 more. I think that qualifies as good. You might not be in the market for one, but somebody is."
So you want to save $70 on a $269+ no name brand vest that you dont know where it came from. Thats like buying a cheaper stereo equipment or computer system from the trunk of a 78 Buick in a Home Depot a parking lot 'cause it was cheaper. and that "qualifies as good." If your going to spend the money for equipment that might potentially save your life dont go "cheap."

frenzieddeals said:   and this is a good deal because?

you got your wife a gun !?

Thanks, but my wife already has a bullet-resistant car. (really) However she might be interested in a maternity version.

What's the difference between vests made of Kevlar and those made of Spectra Fiber?

Most importantly, how good are these vests for resisting knife attacks from the back, i.e., office politics?

Depends on how badly you're bleeding

I know nothing about this company, but it still seems like a great deal.

Yes, Kevlar will degrade, but from what I read it's from UV exposure or strong acids or bases.

I occasionally go into some pretty scary areas hunting down good Craigs List deals and I think this would be perfect for occasional use.

Thanks OP!

only criminals buy these (other than police). they should ban the sale of these! (like guns).. [ducking]

Bullet proof, not stampede proof.

Harry: What if he shot me in the face?
Beth: That's a risk we were willing to take

/Dumb & Dumber

larrymoencurly said:   Thanks, but my wife already has a bullet-resistant car. (really) However she might be interested in a maternity version.

What's the difference between vests made of Kevlar and those made of Spectra Fiber?

Most importantly, how good are these vests for resisting knife attacks from the back, i.e., office politics?

Our solders in Iraq and Afganistan don't all have bullet proof vehicles. Would you expand on hers? What vehicle is it? What work does she do?

Caution on buying this!
This looks like 2 inserts and a point blank shell + trama plate - not a fitted vest like you are expecting.

Maybe 6-8 months ago I bought one on these 10x12 inserts from a seller on eBay that was the same picture back they were going for $35:
Kevlar Insert

I bought one of these inserts when they were list around $40 at $35 make an offer and it just includes the copied paper in picture. Felt like I couldn't trust it with no certification.

Read features & look at pictures:

Point Blank Outershell- Summerwear
Kevlar Stab Proof - Water Resistant Treated
5 x 8 - 40 Layer Kevlar TRAUMA Insert by Point Blank
Economical/Affordable/Effective/
Black/Concealable/Lightweight

tankker said:    Thats like buying a cheaper stereo equipment from the trunk of a 78 Buick in a Home Depot a parking lot 'cause it was cheaper. It's a 78 Oldsmobile, thank you very much. You got a good value on those Fraupunct speakers, they were left over from a home theater install at George Lucas' house.

Great for my next trip across the border!

russellt said:   larrymoencurly said:   Thanks, but my wife already has a bullet-resistant car. (really) However she might be interested in a maternity version.

Our solders in Iraq and Afganistan don't all have bullet proof vehicles. Would you expand on hers? What vehicle is it? What work does she do?

elektronic said:   russellt said:   larrymoencurly said:   Thanks, but my wife already has a bullet-resistant car. (really) However she might be interested in a maternity version.

My guess is a Mercedes Benz Guard or BMW Protection Model.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014