• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OWENS CORNING® ECOTOUCH™ R30 UNFACED 9"x15"x25' CONTINUOUS ROLL INSULATION FOR ATTICS $12.50

OWENS CORNING® ECOTOUCH™ R-13 KRAFT 3.25"x15"x32' ROLL INSULATION FOR WALLS $9.80

R-19 BLOWN-IN FIBERGLASS INSULATION PER SQ. FT.99˘

OWENS CORNING® ECOTOUCH™ R-19 KRAFT 6.25"x15"x39.2' CONTINUOUS ROLL INSULATION FOR WALLS/FLOORS $15.67

OWENS CORNING® ATTICAT® LOOSE FILL BLOWN-IN INSULATION FOR ATTICS $29.97
FREE BLOWER MACHINE RENTAL** WITH MINIMUM 10 BAG PURCHASE

http://homedepot.shoplocal.com/homedepot/Default.aspx?action=bro...

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

OWENS CORNING INSULATION (46.24kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

$20 off a storm door is not a hot deal IMO. I want my 2 minutes back

The Owens Corning EcoTouch R-30 Unfaced 9 in. x 15 in. x 25 ft. Continuous Roll Insulation is $9.97 /RL-Roll online. Order online and pickup in-store

I am in chicago, my attic is insulated, but I feel I can add one more layer on top of existing isulation, is R-13 good enough?

Adding R-13 is a pretty good increase. Of course if you already have R-49 its less of a difference than if you have R-9... Some people like spraying on a layer of cellulose on top of fiberglass since supposedly cellulose insulation can block air flow.

Thats cheap R-30 insulation. Really cheap. I paid more buying from a distributor but that was in 24" wide Bats.

Nice and itchy. Always fun to install

^_^ I want my 2 minutes too.

Lowes has something similar:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_177781-1722-B390_4294858103_4294937087_?...

Question to people in the know:
I want to replace the insulation in my unfinished basement's ceiling (ie the under side of my first floor floor). Is this (or the one in Lowes) suitable? Do I need faced insulation? I can't find something similar but faced.

Thanks for any feedback.

hdlz said:   I am in chicago, my attic is insulated, but I feel I can add one more layer on top of existing isulation, is R-13 good enough?

I'm in the Chicago area too. See what you have now, you should have at least R38 total, they recommend up to R49 if you can put it in. Make sure it's unfaced when you add more. Also, make sure you leave some room for air to circulate from the soffits and up the rafters to escape out the vents in the roof.

thsze said:   Lowes has something similar:

I want to replace the insulation in my unfinished basement's ceiling (ie the under side of my first floor floor). Is this (or the one in Lowes) suitable? Do I need faced insulation? I can't find something similar but faced.

Thanks for any feedback.

You need faced insulation. Install it with the vapor barrier side up. Look at this - Owens Corning EcoTouch R-13 Kraft 3-1/2 in. x 15 in. x 32 ft. Continuous Roll Insulation for $9.80/Roll

ChalPhut said:   thsze said:   Lowes has something similar:

Thanks for any feedback.

You need faced insulation. Install it with the vapor barrier side up. Look at this - Owens Corning EcoTouch R-13 Kraft 3-1/2 in. x 15 in. x 32 ft. Continuous Roll Insulation for $9.80/Roll

ChalPhut, I like your handle...wonder what you were thinking when you created it back in the day.

Chalput, the R-30 @ $9.97 is 31.25SqFt making it a great deal I was looking through FW to see if it was already posted, and found this thread. 5% CashBack from ShopDiscover or 3% CashBack from FW. Lowes is a good deal too but I like the no itch feature of the ecoTouch stuff. Awesome! 10% tax rebate too. IMHO this should be on the Today's Top Deals. It is cheaper than the blow in stuff an a lot less dusty! My R-20 attic is about to be R-50.

www.stopwastingenergyathome.com

they installed my home insulation, give them a call if you have any questions in Chicago.

Cut my energy bill by 35 percent! VERY SATISFIED!

My attic has blown-in insulation ( about 6 to 7 inches). Can I install the unfaced continuous roll on top of the blown-in?

ciscovpn said:   My attic has blown-in insulation ( about 6 to 7 inches). Can I install the unfaced continuous roll on top of the blown-in?

Over existing insulation you definitely want unfaced insulation.

Lowe's has a quick guide re insulation... I suggest a long sleeve shirt (not sweater) and jeans, cuz this stuff is itchy!

Also, do it early morning or late night.. remember hot air rises.

http://www.lowes.com/cd_Lowes+Home+Insulation+Guide_1284481471_

You can get a federal tax rebate for 10% of the cost as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014