• Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Nook (98.36kB)
Disclaimer
~ 057-17-0065 B&N Nook HD+ 32GB $53.70 (Reg. $179) ~

Not sure if it's a deal considering how old it is.

rated:
WishingOnAStar said:   ~ 057-17-0065 B&N Nook HD+ 32GB $53.70 (Reg. $179) ~

Not sure if it's a deal considering how old it is.

I found one of these at a store Firday in a locked case with a $179.99 tag on the shelf.  Guy in electronics couldn't get it to scan - "not sold in this store".  He had another clerk walk it to guest sevices for me, where it easily scanned $53.70.  The two ladies there looked at the screen, puzzled.  Something on the screen prompted them to say "it must be an online only item".  They printed an "AS IS" sticker - "was $53.70 - now $26.86".  I didn't get it - the package was shrink-wrapped and unopened, but didn't argue.  Thanks for the head up.

rated:
have got ~70-75% off this morning

rated:
~Gophone 770S Hot Spot 50% in some stores, others full price 080020533~

rated:
Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if markdowns on Target clearance items are automatic (done by the system on a weekly basis) or does a person actually have to mark down an item manually?

I've been eyeing some clearance headphones and it's been stuck at 30% off for the past 3 weeks (as of today Monday)...

Thanks in advance

rated:
It is done by the system automatically. Bring them to the nearest scanner or employee and ask. Electronics often go no further than 30% off.

rated:
amm41716 said:   Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if markdowns on Target clearance items are automatic (done by the system on a weekly basis) or does a person actually have to mark down an item manually?

I've been eyeing some clearance headphones and it's been stuck at 30% off for the past 3 weeks (as of today Monday)...

Thanks in advance

In my experiences, a mark-down "team" has to physically mark down the items for the new reduced prices to take effect.  I've seen them in each dept based on the markdown schedule with hand-held scanners and clearance label printers.  They usually do it around 10-11 AM.  I've seen plenty of electronics go to 70% off, btw.

rated:
sportsfan64 said:   

Thanks in advance

In my experiences, a mark-down "team" has to physically mark down the items for the new reduced prices to take effect.  I've seen them in each dept based on the markdown schedule with hand-held scanners and clearance label printers.  They usually do it around 10-11 AM.  I've seen plenty of electronics go to 70% off, btw.

This statement is correct.  If stuff only goes to 30% for electronics, it's b/c the fleabayers are hiding the items so they can come back later and buy at the reduced price in order to sell for more profit OR are buying and returning the item later when it would be marked-down and can re-buy again.  I've followed one douche at a local Target grabbing discount items and hiding them.  Way waaaay too many for "personal consumption".  The manager said he'd talk to the individual and mentioned potentially saying he couldn't come back if it continued.  The last part was probably to appease me, as I've seen him there afterward.  

rated:
Thanks for your post.This post is really interesting for me.

rated:
a

rated:
dgoedken said:   sportsfan64 said:   

Thanks in advance

This statement is correct.  If stuff only goes to 30% for electronics, it's b/c the fleabayers are hiding the items so they can come back later and buy at the reduced price in order to sell for more profit OR are buying and returning the item later when it would be marked-down and can re-buy again.  I've followed one douche at a local Target grabbing discount items and hiding them.  Way waaaay too many for "personal consumption".  The manager said he'd talk to the individual and mentioned potentially saying he couldn't come back if it continued.  The last part was probably to appease me, as I've seen him there afterward.  

With electronics wouldn't it be hard to hide items when many of the items are locked in cases or even those on the rack need an associate to unlock (i.e. prepaid phones, etc) to purchase.

rated:
dgoedken said:   
sportsfan64 said:   

Thanks in advance

That's nuts, seems like it must be a full-time job for some, to troll the stores and stash things away to grab in the future.  I can't imagine grabbing a dozen high end calculators (or whatever) and trying to hide them in other places in the store w/o seeming like a thief  I think I'll start looking in hampers for tablets.

rated:
~Sandisk 8GB Cruzer Glide flash drive 056-06-0039  $3.88~
~Sandisk 16GB Cruzer Glide flash drive  056-06-0048  $5.98~

rated:
chimpsnest said:   
dgoedken said:   
sportsfan64 said:   

Thanks in advance

That's nuts, seems like it must be a full-time job for some, to troll the stores and stash things away to grab in the future.  I can't imagine grabbing a dozen high end calculators (or whatever) and trying to hide them in other places in the store w/o seeming like a thief  I think I'll start looking in hampers for tablets.

I guess the most successful ones either work at Target or know someone that works at Target. So the stash would just be in the stock room.

rated:
Snow shovels went to 70% off here in NY if anyone is interested.

rated:
~Riedel Ouverture Magnum Wine glasses (set of 8) 200-03-0014 $36.00 (Reg. $72.00)~

Riedel makes high end wine glasses, and this particular glass was recently chosen (detailed review at Sweethome) as the best overall wine glass for the money. This set is currently selling for $59.95 on Amazon.

rated:
When does Home Environment stuff get it mark down? Is it Thursday? waiting for the next mark down for
~085-00-0675 - Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat $59.98~

rated:
~6 quart pressure cooker  070 01 1436  Was $42.99, now 30.08~
~ shelving set 002 11 0397 was $69.99, now $48.99~
~wine cooler fridge Was $179.99, now $125.98  072010273~
~LED bulb was $8.99, now $4.48  085 02 0631~

rated:
OtterBox Defender case for iPhone 6 Plus was $53.99 now $17.98

rated:
Why hasn't anything updated in the summary since June of last year? I thought it was supposed to be automatic.

rated:
dmikester10 said:   Why hasn't anything updated in the summary since June of last year? I thought it was supposed to be automatic.

Not sure but believe jshumans program will not work with something implemented on this site or maybe another. Been this way on all the clearance threads he had programed rolling thunder updates. Sure someone here will clarify.

rated:
I miss this thread! I'm not a frequent shopper and this was handy.

rated:
fokatkamaal said:   When does Home Environment stuff get it mark down? Is it Thursday? waiting for the next mark down for

Not sure but these were still only 50% off when I checked yesterday.

rated:
fokatkamaal said:   When does Home Environment stuff get it mark down? Is it Thursday? waiting for the next mark down for

Inventory check-->  http://www.target.com/p/honeywell-wi-fi-7-day-programmable-therm...

rated:
Target's website isn't very reliable when it comes to Clearance items. This seems to work well, though: http://marketplaces.fyndly.com/target/tools/inventory/check.html

rated:
070051358 softworks 9-pc bow/colander set w lids - 16.18
070070046, 070070015 Various Calphalon black ceramic pans - 7.48 - 11.98
070020857 Wilton Ultrabake bakeware set - 8.98 (very strange as in every other store, on sale this week for 23.99)
070021024 Kitchenaid bakeware set - 14.98
070021037, 070021359 Various CW (corningware) pieces - bright green, red - 2.38, 5.08
002040503 Click Clack cube storage sets - 9.44
070020565 Nordicware decorated ceramic deep dish pie pan - 4.48

rated:
Saw a 23" Gateway monitor KX2303 marked down 30% $105 vs. $150. Is this a good price for this monitor (doesn't have HDMI input).

rated:
Any Easter clearance reports?

rated:
I got really excited when I read about the juicer because I have been wanting one for a long time.I like it very much!!!!

rated:
retrac said:   Any Easter clearance reports?
 Check here.  You can put in your local zip to see quantity and price in your area.  YMMV as always.
Target Easter stuff 

rated:
Store in Atlanta suburbs today had candy (and a lot of it) at 50% off.  Miscellaneous Easter-related stuff - baskets, decorations, some clothing, non-edibles, etc. at 70% off.  Found some baking pans and muffin pans at 70% off.  The baking pans were less than $4, and the exact same pan, with different, non-Easter labeling, was on sale for more than $9.  The regular price was $13.

rated:
Thanks sportsfan64 & bossofyou!

rated:
Different store today at around 9:30 AM.  Shelves still tagged at 50% on edibles,and 70% everyting else, but scanned at 70% for edibles, 90% for everything else.  Quite a lot of candy left - I got all I wanted.  I'll be set until Christmas.  By the way, you might check your recent Sunday newspaper coupon flyers.  I had coupons for $1 off two bags of M&Ms, another for a free single-size bag of crispy M&Ms with the purchase or a larger bag of M&Ms, and another for $1 off two bags of Mars miniatures or M&Ms. Some of the coupons expire today, others in early May.

rated:
bossofyou said:   
Different store today at around 9:30 AM.  Shelves still tagged at 50% on edibles,and 70% everyting else, but scanned at 70% for edibles, 90% for everything else.  Quite a lot of candy left - I got all I wanted.  I'll be set until Christmas.  By the way, you might check your recent Sunday newspaper coupon flyers.  I had coupons for $1 off two bags of M&Ms, another for a free single-size bag of crispy M&Ms with the purchase or a larger bag of M&Ms, and another for $1 off two bags of Mars miniatures or M&Ms. Some of the coupons expire today, others in early May.

Cool, thanks!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015