• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit to another thread for finding the discounts going on at the Hoover website. So I looked further and found their carpet steam cleaners are on sale as well. But in addition, the site is accepting multiple discount codes!!!

Here is an example,
Hoover 50222 with bonus items [hoover.com] listed for $309.99, after their sale and applying the codes pinkfs and secret20sale and fallclean15 I was able to get this for $163.19 plus tax!!! This unit is basically this unit [hoover.com] but also includes a powered hand scrubbing tool.

I was on the phone with customer service for some time trying to compare the 2 models. The first one actually is a better deal in terms of price, and includes a powered hand tool, plus an extra 32oz detergent! You cannot find a better deal anywhere else for units like these. Even WalMart wants $249 in-store for the non-bonus package.

Member Summary

Hoover MaxExtract 77
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rsg71 said:   
Hoover 50222 with bonus items [hoover.com] listed for $309.99, after their sale and applying the codes pinkfs and secretsale20 and fallclean15 I was able to get this for $163.19 plus tax!!! This unit is basically this unit [hoover.com] but also includes a powered hand scrubbing tool.
Disagree.
The latter (Model # FH50240) is a newer and superior model to the former (Model # FH50222), and is a Multi-Surface Deep Cleaner, intended for Carpets AND Hard Floors.

Links don't work but item is available if you search.

thanks Joe221

I called the Hoover customer service, they said it's the same model. If you look at the list price it is actually more. Please confirm information, as I would be curious myself. According the the Hoover rep, the 50222 was red, the 50240 was blue, but same technology.

aarzi, from my quick research, the only thing that makes the 50240 a "hard floor" cleaner is that it includes a squeegee. Well, the 50222 does as well

rsg71 said:   thanks Joe221

I called the Hoover customer service, they said it's the same model. If you look at the list price it is actually more. Please confirm information, as I would be curious myself. According the the Hoover rep, the 50222 was red, the 50240 was blue, but same technology.
I read somewhere while I was researching, but I can't find it any more. The list prices used to be higher across the board, and are lower with the newer models, so the 'savings' cannot be determined based on that alone.

Myself, I am going for # F7411900. Not only is it cheaper, but it has much better (actually good) reviews.

Sample prices and reviews:
http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/home_floorcare/top_brands/hoover...
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-MaxExtract-Carpet-Cleaner-Garnet-F7...

You might want to add multiples of 4 in the detergents to get an extra 25% discount, plus the 20% off with code. Or you might want to put a separate order in. Much cheaper than Amazon, but not cheaper than Kohl's IF:
- Kohl's sale prices are valid during the next KCash promotion
- You get an extra 30% off
- You get perfect KCash (meaning you don't spend say $85 to get $10 KCash)

sorry, have tried several times, can't fix the links to work properly. go to hoover.com, and search for 50222 for the model I have mentioned.

the code secretsale20 does not seem to work for me!!!

sorry FmrLCpl, I have updated the post. the code is actually 'secret20sale'.

rsg71,

In for one, Thanks, green for you.

When do the codes expire?
Thanks!

aarzi - free shipping all month of October, fallclean15 expires 10/17. Unsure about when secret20sale expires.

Code SECRET20SALE no longer works. Expired??

Seems the secret20sale expired. Dang, this should have been front page material yesterday when it was working!!!

if you have it in your shopping cart yesterday including the coupon, it still works. Just placed my order since I didn't have my cc yesterday

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014