• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

McCormick and Schmick
Disclaimer
McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants will host its 13th annual Veterans Appreciation Event on Sunday, November 13, at participating restaurants across the country. In recognition of their service to our country, U.S. military veterans will be treated to a complimentary entrée from a special McCormick & Schmick’s menu.

On November 13, veterans will be able to choose a complimentary lunch or dinner entrée, including mouth-watering options like Parmesan Crusted Tilapia, Roasted Cedar Plank Salmon and Crispy Fried Shrimp, to name a few.

The McCormick & Schmick’s Veterans Appreciation Event is offered to veterans who have served in the active military, naval, or air service and who were honorably discharged or released. All veterans must show proper identification.

For more information about McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurants Veterans Appreciation Event and to find a complete list of participating restaurants, please visit http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/veterans

Member Summary

McCormick & Schmick’s
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Only at limited locations. Guess Maryland veterans don't count

Set my reservation never been there before but hope its good. Nice for restauerants to honor veterans.

Honoring ALL Who Served
Disclaimer
old_local_boy said:   Only at limited locations. Guess Maryland veterans don't count

As far as I'm concerned EVERY veteran counts and you should ask their corporate office why this location is not participating! Here's the website:

http://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/contact-us/corporate-email-c...

texascountrymama said:   As far as I'm concerned EVERY veteran counts and you should ask their corporate office why this location is not participating!

As a veteran, I appreciate your sentiment. I do think you're misguided, however. Nobody owes me anything for my service. I didn't serve to get a free meal years later. I appreciate when people offer me a kindness in appreciation of my service, but I don't expect it.

Choice is once of those wonderful things about this country that made me choose to serve it. If a restaurant doesn't want to give me a free meal, that's just fine with me. I'll hold absolutely no ill will towards them for that.

I understand and appreciate your stance. I understand that the manager of each branch of restaurants have the right to determine whether or not they choose to participate in these programs. I did not serve in the military but do have a son who is a veteran and I worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for many years, so I understand the sacrifices veterans made and soldiers are still making for our ocuntry. I just find it in the very worst possible taste and downright offensive that someone would choose not to do something so simple as offering a free meal to a veteran on a day meant to honor them for all of the sacrifices they made for their country.

Please know that despite the actions of some, the majority of Americans, including me, are truly greatful for the sacrifices that you and other veterans made.

slickdeal45 said:   texascountrymama said:   As far as I'm concerned EVERY veteran counts and you should ask their corporate office why this location is not participating!

As a veteran, I appreciate your sentiment. I do think you're misguided, however. Nobody owes me anything for my service. I didn't serve to get a free meal years later. I appreciate when people offer me a kindness in appreciation of my service, but I don't expect it.

Choice is once of those wonderful things about this country that made me choose to serve it. If a restaurant doesn't want to give me a free meal, that's just fine with me. I'll hold absolutely no ill will towards them for that.

Actually I hate it when restaurants offer free food to vets, especially around a military base...every year lines out the ass wrapped around the restaurant...2 hour wait for crappy food.

texascountrymama said:   I understand and appreciate your stance. I understand that the manager of each branch of restaurants have the right to determine whether or not they choose to participate in these programs. I did not serve in the military but do have a son who is a veteran and I worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for many years, so I understand the sacrifices veterans made and soldiers are still making for our ocuntry. I just find it in the very worst possible taste and downright offensive that someone would choose not to do something so simple as offering a free meal to a veteran on a day meant to honor them for all of the sacrifices they made for their country.

I don't think it's as simple as you want to make it appear. Upscale restaurants like M&S haven't necessarily faired well in our new economy. Lots of them around where I live have gone under. Weekends are busy times for them, and these Veterans' Day promos cost them not just the food, but the lost revenue due to filling the restaurant with non-paying customers.

I'm sure managers receive quite a bit of pressure to participate. I'm also sure that I wouldn't want to see a restaurant close, with the employees laid off and looking for work, just because some folks feel they need to give away their products and services. I do not want to see any American suffer as a thanks for my service. That simply goes against everything I served for.

It's when people give from the heart that it matters. Forced participation doesn't honor anyone.

slickdeal45 said:   texascountrymama said:   

I did not say or imply that anyone owes me anything. I served 28 years, came up through the ranks, saw combat in Vietnam, and am completely satisfied with my benefits and extremely proud that I was able to serve my country...that's all the recognition that I need. I just thought it was rather arbitrary for a company to pick and choose the locations that would do something special for veterans.

old_local_boy said:   Only at limited locations. Guess Maryland veterans don't count

Huh? All 4 Maryland locations are listed on the participation list.

Make reservations in Orlando, thanks!

bokey said:   old_local_boy said:   Only at limited locations. Guess Maryland veterans don't count

Huh? All 4 Maryland locations are listed on the participation list.

Yep, my bad. Maryland locations are participating. Thanks. Going to make my reselvations.

slickdeal45 said:   texascountrymama said:   I understand and appreciate your stance. I understand that the manager of each branch of restaurants have the right to determine whether or not they choose to participate in these programs. I did not serve in the military but do have a son who is a veteran and I worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for many years, so I understand the sacrifices veterans made and soldiers are still making for our ocuntry. I just find it in the very worst possible taste and downright offensive that someone would choose not to do something so simple as offering a free meal to a veteran on a day meant to honor them for all of the sacrifices they made for their country.

I don't think it's as simple as you want to make it appear. Upscale restaurants like M&S haven't necessarily faired well in our new economy. Lots of them around where I live have gone under. Weekends are busy times for them, and these Veterans' Day promos cost them not just the food, but the lost revenue due to filling the restaurant with non-paying customers.

I'm sure managers receive quite a bit of pressure to participate. I'm also sure that I wouldn't want to see a restaurant close, with the employees laid off and looking for work, just because some folks feel they need to give away their products and services. I do not want to see any American suffer as a thanks for my service. That simply goes against everything I served for.

It's when people give from the heart that it matters. Forced participation doesn't honor anyone.

Yes, you are correct, there are 2 sides to every coin and I was looking at only one side. I know that the restaurant industry as a whole is problematic and that you and other veterans do no want anything that someone is forced to give you. Please accept my personal thanks for having served our country.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014