Sam's Club renewal special

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just received a card in the mail to renew my Sam's Club Advantage Plus membership and get a $30 discount. When I went to the counter to renew, I realized that I had forgotten the card I received in the mail. When she swiped my membership card to renew, it took off the $30 automatically. I asked if they had any other specials or discounts. They gave me a $25 gift card since I had phone service with AT$T! $100 membership costing me $45

Sams Club
See Sams Club coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sams
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Costco in Oak Brook, Illinois has added this to their fuel pumps.

Diamond60606 (Apr. 13, 2012 @ 10:36p) |

Going off topic but.....

It not all BS, just wiki it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Tier_Detergent_Gasoline

And not all g... (more)

Gadaska (Apr. 13, 2012 @ 11:08p) |

A tanker delivery truck holds about 8,000-10,000 gallons of gas depending on where you live.....all the bulk gas comes f... (more)

FiveSevens (Apr. 14, 2012 @ 1:35a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

will that promotion apply to new member?
I plan to join the Sam Club. I am a Costco executive member for several years

BTW, anyone know what's the price for iPad 16GB wifi in Sam Club?

I have a regular membership which is due in 2 weeks, they told me at the register there was a promo going on, if you renewed before the due date they would give me an extra 3 months so it would be 15 months for $40. I usually wait until they offer $10 gift card or something and 3 months is right around that amount. I added Plus once when they offered it for a low amount for the remainder of my membership & I didn't see how it was worth it. They say you will get coupons geared toward your specific purchases but I got coupons for diapers and other stuff I never bought there.

OK, I will visit SamClub tomorrow, 30 minutes driving for me.

I usually wait for a $20 gift card to renew. I've gotten them twice now so I'm curious when they'll hit me with that offer again. My regular membership ended a week ago.

Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

I don't need Costco gas because it's not Top Tier certified high detergent gas which is recommended my many auto makers. The selection of products is a little smaller but it's nothing I need.

ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a higher profit this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

I don't need Costco gas because it's not 3-tier certified high detergent gas. The selection of products is a little smaller but it's nothing I need.

We spend enough there with the Exec. membership that we get the entire membership fee back plus $$. The nice thing is our in-laws have us on their Sams card and we have them on our Costco card- they pay the Sams membership fee and we get $ in our pocket for sharing the C membership .

But to speak to this deal specifically, I think the in-laws membership is up soon, so I'll let them know!

ken94538 said:   BTW, anyone know what's the price for iPad 16GB wifi in Sam Club?
It is $499 no mater where you look. Apple price fixes...I mean..doesn't allow the retailer to set their own price.

ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

I don't need Costco gas because it's not 3-tier certified high detergent gas. The selection of products is a little smaller but it's nothing I need.

Many friends/family members buy Costco gas. Can you please explain what is 3-tier certified high detergent gas? What brands qualify for this category? If you prefer, since it's somewhat OT, send a PM.

Thank you!

Prngr44 said:   I usually wait for a $20 gift card to renew. I've gotten them twice now so I'm curious when they'll hit me with that offer again. My regular membership ended a week ago.

I have been a member for 4 years and have never received a discount on the $40 fee...my membership expires Nov 9th

Is there a trick to it or just wait till they offer a discount/GC to renew?

I have seen Sam's Club selling each model of the IPad 2 at $11 off retail.
On some occasions, I have seen Microcenter selling each model of the IPad 2 at $50 off retail.

ken94538 said:   BTW, anyone know what's the price for iPad 16GB wifi in Sam Club?$488

hashir said:   ken94538 said:   BTW, anyone know what's the price for iPad 16GB wifi in Sam Club?
It is $499 no mater where you look. Apple price fixes...I mean..doesn't allow the retailer to set their own price.
Not really. MicroCenter has had $50 off promos at least twice in the last few months. Sam's is discounted by around $10 IIRC.

Oh, seems you are so lucky, I haven't come across such kind things

FWIW if you show them a college ID, they will give you a $15 gift card. I did that a couple months ago.

ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

I have the 'collegiate' membership (graduated already) and they usually send a $15 gift card renewal offer each year = even cheaper.

That said, Costco is where I go for almost everything. Sam's Club is more convenient though, so I have both.

Where can TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline be purchased? The TOP TIER program began on May 3, 2004. Chevron, QuikTrip, Conoco Phillips (76 Gas), Shell, Entec Stations, and MFA Oil

skinflinto said:   ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

Many friends/family members buy Costco gas. Can you please explain what is 3-tier certified high detergent gas? What brands qualify for this category? If you prefer, since it's somewhat OT, send a PM.

Thank you!

monseemian said:   Prngr44 said:   I usually wait for a $20 gift card to renew. I've gotten them twice now so I'm curious when they'll hit me with that offer again. My regular membership ended a week ago.

I have been a member for 4 years and have never received a discount on the $40 fee...my membership expires Nov 9th

No trick that I'm aware of, maybe I've just been lucky?? I signed up initially and got a $20 GC, got the same offer again last year. I'll be bummed if I don't get it again because that's what I'm holding out for!

skinflinto said:   ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

Thank you!

You haven't heard of it because it's a marketing ploy to sell more of a particular brand of gas. The best gasoline is where you can find it for the lowest price!

ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60!...

The price used to be 45 -->50 --> 55

Where did you get $60?

http://shop.costco.com/membership/join-costco (already reflects the most recent price change...)

You are wrong. Costco is raising prices, but not the amounts you refer to. As of Dec. 1, Basic is going up from $50 to $55. Executive is going from $100 to $110. Even the article link you included said that.

bargainhunter3 said:   FWIW if you show them a college ID, they will give you a $15 gift card. I did that a couple months ago.

Same for Military Active Duty/Retired. I went last weekend and got a $40 Membership card and received a $15 gift card. The Membership card says MILITARY at the top.

I received the postcard last month, since my Adv. Plus membership is due for renewal in November. When I went they knew about the postcard being sent out for people who's membership are close to renewal. They said, the discount will show up as an e-coupon on your membership card so you won't need to bring the postcard, just check at the e-coupon station or online to make sure it's in place. BTW, you should also receive special set of e-coupons for renewing your membership but I think they will expire Nov. 6th. There will be a new set of e-coupons for those renewing after that date. Those renewal e-coupon lists should be on top of those e-coupon printers at the B&M stores.

ken94538 said:   BTW, anyone know what's the price for iPad 16GB wifi in Sam Club?

Yes. Call them and ax though.

Thank you!

Its marketing BS to get dumb people to buy higher priced gas.

I have run mostly costco gas in my Corvette's (73 and 01), nissan titan, mercedes, cadilliac, ford ranger, toyota, and my in-laws audi, nissan, etc... never a problem.

monseemian said:   Prngr44 said:   I usually wait for a $20 gift card to renew. I've gotten them twice now so I'm curious when they'll hit me with that offer again. My regular membership ended a week ago.

Cancel before your membership expires and get your annual fee refunded.

Prngr44 said:   monseemian said:   Prngr44 said:   I usually wait for a $20 gift card to renew. I've gotten them twice now so I'm curious when they'll hit me with that offer again. My regular membership ended a week ago.

No trick that I'm aware of, maybe I've just been lucky?? I signed up initially and got a $20 GC, got the same offer again last year. I'll be bummed if I don't get it again because that's what I'm holding out for!

I got a $20 GC renewal offer thru the mail, 1 month before my membership expired; Aug-Sept. I got a similar offer (don't remember the specifics) last year as well. I don't know how or why but it always comes in the mail the month before it exp's.

None of them offer Top Tier (3) fuel on a regular basis since they all buy on the spot market. Even the employees don't know what had been added or combined in the tanks. Most of them just get a glazed look whenyou even ask about top tier. However, depending on what you are saving, adding Techron will achieve the same as far as benefits. Now......the stories about bad or old gas are out there but since I don't buy fuel at any of the discounters, 7/11's or other spot market buyers, I can't add to that discussion.

Well, I saw $488 in Sam Club for an iPad before.

How long will this promotion last. I do not have a Sam's Club in my town but plan to go soon. I do have a membership and it is time to renew next month.

tweekerz said:   Where can TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline be purchased? The TOP TIER program began on May 3, 2004. Chevron, QuikTrip, Conoco Phillips (76 Gas), Shell, Entec Stations, and MFA Oil

Thank you!

The gas stations you mentioned are the one's I'm aware of that carry Top Tier category gas. Just FYI Arco is not one of them. Neither is Circle-K. It's worth the 5-10 cents more per gallon that it costs in my opinion.

Next time you are at Sam's Club, stop by the service desk and ask if they have any renewal specials. They'll be happy to tell you. When I asked if they had any specials, they asked where I worked, where my husband worked etc., till I stopped them when they asked if I had my phone through ATT. I think they have a long list of places that qualify for the $25 gift card (if you have the advantage plus card, or $10 gift card for the regular membership). You can always call and ask too.

Next time you are at Sam's Club, stop by the service desk and ask if they have any renewal specials. They'll be happy to tell you. When I asked if they had any specials, they asked where I worked, where my husband worked etc., till I stopped them when they asked if I had my phone through ATT. I think they have a long list of places that qualify for the $25 gift card (if you have the advantage plus card, or $10 gift card for the regular membership). You can always call and ask too.

sesquipedalian said:   skinflinto said:   ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

Thank you!

You haven't heard of it because it's a marketing ploy to sell more of a particular brand of gas. The best gasoline is where you can find it for the lowest price!

"Your Car is a Temple, so Put in the Good Stuff"

My Membership is up today well it was, I got the first renewal notice in July but then about 3 weeks ago I got another one with a Coupon for the $20 Gift Card if I renewed before the Exp date as another poster stated. I went in on Monday and renewed it. BTW mine said First year renewal GC I had been on my Mom's card before this.

rushhound said:   sesquipedalian said:   skinflinto said:   ron111 said:   Costco was in the news recently for raising their membership fee AGAIN for the 2nd time in 5 years. The basic membership went from $50 to $55 back then. Now it is $60! linkThis despite the fact that they had a 14% gain in profits this year compared to 2010. Sam's Club is still only $40 for the basic membership.

Thank you!

"Your Car is a Temple, so Put in the Good Stuff"

The biggest difference in fuel is the branded tanker that the truck driver has to pull. They are not allowed to take a Exxon branded tanker to a Mobil station. They must take a blank tanker to unbranded stations. The best place to look for is a station that has a high volume turn over. Delivery drivers laugh at the different brand myth, there are just so few refineries that all gas comes from the same refineries. Take Atlanta, Ga., all their gas comes up a pipeline from the Gulf coast. They don't/can't separate brands in the same pipeline.

At my Sam in South Carolina it is $488.00 for Ipad 2 16gb

At my Sam in South Carolina it is $488.00 for Ipad 2 16gb

Skipping 12 Messages...
A tanker delivery truck holds about 8,000-10,000 gallons of gas depending on where you live.....all the bulk gas comes from the same place no matter what the label is on the outside - BP, Shell, Arco, Exxon, whatever.....the only difference at all is the "additive" they add to whatever brand of gasoline it is - but that is normally a quart bottle added to 8,000 gallons of gas - really what difference would a quart of anything do to 8,000 gallons of gas...which would be 32,000 quarts.....so 1 part out of 32,000 parts is additive.....sort of like adding a grain of salt to a bottle of water - makes no difference at all really..... Save your pennies and buy cheap! Just my 2 cents on the topic - continue on!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014