• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Pandigital 7" Android 4GB tablet
Disclaimer
I was in BigLots earlier tonight to ask about the Cruz tablet that's going on sale tomorrow. The assistant manager told me about this deal starting NEXT weekend and even offered me a copy of the 11/12 - 11/19 ad which I gladly accepted.

Not sure how good of a deal this is, but based on other Pandigital FW discussions, it looks like it is worth considering.

Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable about these can shed some more light on this deal. As usual, there is no model number listed in the ad. Would it be better to bypass the Cruz deal tomorrow for this one?

Per the ad:
* 4GB internal memory (up to 32GB with card)
* WiFi
* Check email, surf the web, watch videos and more
* eBook application
* Compare to $149

Member Summary

Pandigital 7" 4GB Android Tablet
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for the effort OP.

wonder if this will be a refurb?

RE:
Would it be better to bypass the Cruz deal tomorrow for this one?

Maybr.
But what Cruz deal tomorrow?

The Cruz is the T103 with Android 2.0, correct? If so, I personally would not buy it - it's out-dated and very slow. And Velocity Micro hasn't made updates for it in about a year, and never will (confirmed via an early 2011 call I had with them). Imo, I would take the $70 or whatever they are selling it for and put it towards a slightly better tablet.

As for this Pandigital, it depends on the model which I can't really tell by the picture. If it's the Pandigital Planet with Android 2.2, then I would consider this a very good price. But if it's the original black Novel with Android 1.5 on it, then it's even a slower tablet than the Cruz.

any deals for this online?

Can this be upgraded to the new android OS? I tried to find that out on Pandigital's website but it does not say anything about their new firmware update.

WalMart has it cheaper by $10

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pandigital-7-N-A-PRD07T20WBL7/17492250

Doesn't appear to be the same. OP's is a a 4GB.

Pandigital
Disclaimer
I was at Biglots earlier this morning. The Cruz on sale this week is the R100 series (RESISTIVE touchscreen and Android 2.0). There is no Android upgrade on the Cruz Velocity website. It is the T series that are capacitive touchscreen and can be upgraded to 2.2.

As for the Pandigital, they already had received them and brought one out of the stockroom to let me look at it. It is the Pandigital Novel, 7" Multimedia eReader. UPC code is 843967071320. Model number is PRD07T40WBL1. This is not the one referred to by akula1.

Here are a couple of positive reviews (and some more pics) on the Pandigital: http://www.amazon.com/Pandigital-Novel-Touchscreen-Multimedia-eR...

I can't find anything on this specific model on the Pandigital website (why do manufacturer's do that??).

P.S. yesidonoitall, here is the Cruz deal. Perhaps it's time for a name change, no? (j/k)

Don't know about this one, but I bought one of the Cruz on Sunday and used it for 3 hours. Powered down correctly but could never get it to power back on. Returned it and bought a Pandigital 4GB that they had in the store. It is very much faster than the Cruz was. The clerk said that the SQ number on the one this weekend is different from mine. Mine apparently was being sold be QVC since it has the QVC app on it

is this Android 2.0 or 2.2?

Saw same ad and have a very very basic question (Big Newbie here): If purchasing this tablet do I have to sign up with a phone company or can I just start using it? Doing a craft show next week and have heard of 'square card reader' to use with androids to allow me to take credit card purchases. Think this tablet would work? Do I need sign-up with phone carrier?
Catnip (not a member; just fell into this forum looking for info on that BigLots sale)

yos7p3 said:   Saw same ad and have a very very basic question (Big Newbie here): If purchasing this tablet do I have to sign up with a phone company or can I just start using it? Doing a craft show next week and have heard of 'square card reader' to use with androids to allow me to take credit card purchases. Think this tablet would work? Do I need sign-up with phone carrier?
Catnip (not a member; just fell into this forum looking for info on that BigLots sale)

These are not cellular-capable. So, on the bright side, no, you don't have to sign up with a phone company. On the downside, you won't be able to use this over a cellular network, so, unless where you're doing your craft show has a solid WiFi signal, you're out of luck.

It looks like same model which was on sale $59 after Christmas last year. I read good reviews, although couldn't catch the deal, will see how it will be priced after christmas this year

Called customer support and the model listed by Paladen above (PRD07T40WBL1) is running Android 1.5 and the firmware update on the pandigial website does not apply to this e reader.

Thanks Biglots for such a great deal my 14yr old love it ...........

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014