• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon.com has two distributors undercutting each others price every hour or so. The Samsung PN64D7000, CNET's Editor's Choice and Best Overall TV taking value into account is now $2,007 from Paul's through Amazon.com. About an hour ago, I purchased it from Wide World Stereo through Amazon for $2,181. The TV has dropped about $100 over the last 12 hours. Keep an eye on it if you're interested.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004MN57Q8/ref=sr_1_1_olp...

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Samsung PN64D7000
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

WOW, only $2,178 and I could use one for my mansion. Wait a minute, my mansion is so palatial for cheap TV. No thanks.

Having been tracking the price on this for a while now. Hoping that some bundle deal will show up on this model before christmas. Good price though...

$2,200 for a Plasma, LOL.

This also doubles as a space heater. How exactly is $3 off market price a hot deal ?? This is a deal discussion at best.

polishdreamer said:   This also doubles as a space heater. How exactly is $3 off market price a hot deal ?? This is a deal discussion at best.
I can't feel any heat radiating from my plasma unless I'm within maybe ~10 inches of the TV, but God forbid that anyone value picture quality over energy efficiency. Enjoy the terrible picture quality of your shitty edge-lit LED LCD, thread crapper.

MechanicalMan said:   polishdreamer said:   This also doubles as a space heater. How exactly is $3 off market price a hot deal ?? This is a deal discussion at best.
I can't feel any heat radiating from my plasma unless I'm within maybe ~10 inches of the TV, but God forbid that anyone value picture quality over energy efficiency. Enjoy the terrible picture quality of your shitty edge-lit LED LCD, thread crapper.


It's funny, I was all over plasma people until I actually did some research. This TV was rated the best overall TV for 2011 by CNET. And as far as the comment about it being $3.00 under market price, I am not sure what the basis for that is. In-store, you are looking at $2499-2699. Typical online pricing was about $2,300 from reputable places. This order is through Amazon so you know you have support if there are problems.

I actually got PC Richards to match the price and throw in 2 pairs of glasses and the Sammmy BD-D5500 bluray. The taxes from PC kills it though. I'd rather get the TV for $2,180 no tax, free shipping and pick up the other stuff later on.

Price is starting to trend back up a bit as availability becomes limited. May want to jump now if interested.

The title of this thread should include:

Samsung PN64D7000 64-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Plasma HDTV

blueribb said:   The title of this thread should include:

Samsung PN64D7000 64-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Plasma HDTV


As you wish...

The price is down to $2007 now...

I have the Samsung PN59D7000 and the Samsung led lcd un55D8000 and I will say that the un55d8000 is a much better tv than the plasma one. I was a bit disappointed in the plasma because I like a bright picture but overall its still an awesome tv.

Luniz97 said:   I have the Samsung PN59D7000 and the Samsung led lcd un55D8000 and I will say that the un55d8000 is a much better tv than the plasma one. I was a bit disappointed in the plasma because I like a bright picture but overall its still an awesome tv.


How are the black levels with the LED vs the Plasma?

I think the black levels on both tvs are amazing BUT the text on the led is much better than the plasma which when I watch sportscenter and cnbc make a huge difference. The NFL package on the plasma looks also better...no soap opera effect.

Black levels always will be better on the Plasma than on the LED and there is no presence of any ghosting. I have the un55d8000 and now the pn64d7000. The plasma has deeper, richer colors and frankly does not give you that soap-opera-ie look that the LED provides. Anyone who has both sets, I am not sure how they can say the LED has a better picture. To each their own I guess.

Price is back up a bit. Lowest price through Amazon is now $2,165.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014