ThinkGeek Giveaway: 7 $100 Gift Cards

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • 114 15 16171820
  • Page
  • Text Only
My life

Has to be when I was a new hire at my current job and they had me mixed up with another worker thinking that I was going to fix there computer problems and I didnt have a clue how to.

In the old days, it was fun to build computers youself.

Years and years of being sent to computer camp.

Alright... i'll bite... my biggest geek moment? Too many to choose from... Well, i work for a big computer distributor (geek enough yet?)... i'm a product manager for Intel and it's my job to get our sales reps motivated to sell Intel products to their reseller customers. In my presentation, i did one incorporating Dr Who and mixing it with Stargate (used a Tardis going through a Stargate) and thought i was super clever doing that... all to realize no one even knew what i was talking about... except for ONE guy... and he's a bigger geek than me! (He's been to comicon). So that's my moment.

Dressed up as Ash Ketchum for Halloween.

I hooked up a microwave to an X10 outlet, so now I can remotely control my microwave and set up timers to have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner ready when I walk in the door!

I'm a guy. I'm straight. I like musicals. Is that geeky enough?

sending my wife to bb line to get $99 touchpad..

Laughing myself silly over a label on the new Dominos sugar bag that proclaimed that it was now "Carbon Free." Uh....how do you take carbon out of C6-H12-O6? Does that leave a bag of water?

Dating a computer geek

Oh boy where do I begin. Lets say this: In high school I was on the chess team, the bowling team, the key club, student council, and various other organizations. I won student of the year 2 years in a row; not to mention I work in the IT Dept at work. So yup, that qualifies me a geeky!

my funniest geeky moment was when i was showing a customer at best buy a tv. I was using the remote and dropped in on the ground, bent over to pick it up, and farted. Funny and embarrassing

When I realized that Luke's arm doesn't bleed after his hand is cut off because the lightsaber cautorizes (sic) the wound.

I have no geeky moments. It's a continuous one!

Geekiest moment? All those hours and years spent playing World of Warcraft.

My kids are getting a LEGO Mindstorms set for Christmas and I'm more excited then they are...

Geekiest moment is when I put on the license plate that says Pimps your PC

spending so much time on the computer

I am an avid av club member (lol get it?)

I am an avid av club member (lol get it?)

My life is a series of geeky moments.

The funniest geeky moment of my life was from 1st through 12th grade.

My favorite geeky moment was the first time I saw the T-shirt that said
"Come to the Dork Side, we have Pi"

While cross-training with another employee at my company, we ended up steering a discussion on import export into an all-out argument over whether the US or UK versions of The Office (and UK IT Crowd) were funnier.. which 1) became a heated argument 2) was overheard by everyone else in the department 3) resulted in us both avoiding each other the rest of the afternoon.

I want to win!.... Laid up with a broken ankle.

I want one so bad!

Simply... the day I woke up late (again) from being on the computer all night doing geeky stuff. I realized I was no longer a jock, but a nerd. It really was an LOL moment. It was funny, but a weird 'awakening', too.

When I received my new cell phone it did not come with a complete handbook. I called and requested one so I could see all the features of my cell.

I pretty much knew I was a geek long ago when I was a sprout sitting on my grandpa's lap making notches in floppy disks so we can save data on our commodore 64 I was doomed from then on ha!

When I finally figured out how to format a computer....

Opening a PC for the first time

Thanks

When you start bragging about how cool and expensive your calculator is, you know you're pretty geeky.

My favorite geeky moment is from years ago when Zelda: Ocarina of Time first came out for the Nintendo 64. My best friend and I went out at midnight and each bought a copy, and then set up two TVs in my living room and stayed up all night playing it. Looking forward to doing that again with Skyward Sword!

When my parents sent me to a combined tennis / computer programming camp.

The geekiest moment of my life was when I actually caught myself before I blurted out "LOL!" in response to a joke. Try explaining that one to your friends!

My geekiest moment was to successfully hack Pandigital ereader.

Anytime I get new stuff and just waiting for the wonderful smell of opening new electronics. Ahhhhhh.

While dating my now wife, I picked a piece of a flower out of her hair and said "Look, a stamen!" Needless to say, I have yet to live that one down.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014